New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Dame Morbid's Tourney Team 1

HP 30/38, A 26, F 18, R 23, W 19, any ranged attacks against me from further than 5 squares have -5 to hit.
    Surges: 8/9

Magmin looked curiously at the new tiefling. Fire always knew fire, and this one was certainly another devotee to the burning flame. But instead of using pure fire, he seemed to combine it with steel. Shame.

"Fire burns...."

Initiative (1d20+4)[5] (+2 for warlord included)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Areimis follows the others, still disappointed at his failures in the last battle. He is sure he will do better this time.
    Init: (1d20+5)[11]
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I forgot the +2 from the Warlord, so my Initiative is actually a whopping 9.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2009-03-01 at 02:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Pelaios
    HP: 53\53 /AC: 22/Fort: 18/Ref: 17/ Will: 14
    Surges: 11\11 /Value: 13

Initiative: (1d20+4)[17]

Pelaios looks with disgusted annoyance at the orc.

"Perhaps, orc, you should just leave the fighting to me. We wouldn't someone of your...delicate features to get hurt, would we?

Pelaios draws his warhammer from its holster on his hip. Through force of will, the head of the hammer bursts into. A satisfied smirk creeps across his face.

"Lets go."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pelaios is a snob of a merchant family. Please don't take offense to his manner.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

[QUOTE=qube;5767793]Kha'lymnm
    Spoiler
    Show
    race/class: male githyanki, inferlock
    Initiative: +8
    HP: 46/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 9/11)
    AC: 21 Fort: 18 Refl: 19 Will: 16
    saves: +2 vs charm, resist poison 5
    Speed: 6
    Telekenetic leap move (range10) you or trgt; fly 5 (remain in line of sight)
    infernal pact: kill cursed: gain 4 temp hp
    prime shot: nearest = +1 on ranged attacks
    shadow walk: move 3 -> concealment UeoNT
    Warlocks curse: minor (nearest enemy) 1/rnd +1d6; cursing deals 1 damage
    Eldritch blast st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d10+6
    Hellish rebuke st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d6+6 fire; if I take damage, trgt takes 1d6+6 fire damage
    Vampiric Embrace st ac (range5) +8 vs will 2d8+6 necro, and gain 9 temp hp
    Flames of phlegothos st ac (range10) +8 vs refl 3d10+6 fire; effect ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
    Fiendish Resilience minor gain 10 temp hp
    Fiery bolt st ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 3d6+5 fire;adjecent creatures get 1d6+9

Acrobatics +3, Arcane +11, Bluff +8, History +13, Insight +7

str: 8 (+1) dex: 10 (+2) wis: 10 (+2)
    con: 20 (+7) int: 18 (+6) cha:13 (+3)

feats:, light shield proficiency, impr init, toughness
    items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance

the gith doesn't seem to car about the new guy ... he's more focused on what's ahead then on meaningless bickering ...

init - (1d20+8)[24]
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

6. - Top - End - #126

GnomeWizardGuy

Imsh Pathfinder

Imsh grins, showing a mouthful of teeth, and slaps the tiefling on the back. "Oh, I think we're gonna get along just fine."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Imsh introduces himself, you hear a rumbling, slithering noise from inside the arena. The ground shakes, and the crowd grows quiet.

Once acquainted, you head out into an arena much changed from the one you left. Black rock formations loom over you like the walls of a cave, casting thick shadows over the arena. Stalagmites jut smoothly from the floor. Where pale morning light penetrates the shadows, thin lines of glittering light are visible across the arena. Droplets of dew, on nearly invisible webs. In places, the webs are dense enough to be clearly visible--in several patches, you can see human silhouettes hanging suspended in the webs. High above, Dame Morbid watches from behind her veil. The portcullis rattles closed behind you as a gigantic spider the size of a horse steps out into the center of the ring. Long legs like massive spears dig into the ground, eight red eyes stare at you, and the spider tenses as if preparing to leap.

Fight's on.

Battle Report:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:
    24 Kha'lymnm
    17 Pelaios
    13 the Spider
    11 Areimis Whisperblade
    09 Imsh Pathfinder
    07 [other]
    05 Magmin

Kha'ly, Pelaios, you're up. Since there are hidden webs, it would help a lot if you can clearly indicate which squares you're moving through. Additional Perception checks are a minor action each.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-03-04 at 08:45 PM.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

8. - Top - End - #128

Pelaios
    HP: 53\53 /AC: 22/Fort: 18/Ref: 17/ Will: 14
    Surges: 11\11 /Value: 13

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: none
    Move Action: Move to G:15 (THRU: E:16 and F:15)
    Minor Action: Perception Check (1d20+3)[21]

Pelaios moves torward to closest rock formation to get some cover. He glances around looking for more webs.
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

As Pelaios moves into position, he can see a long patch of glimmering webs strung along the south rock formation. If he'd moved just a little more to the south, he could have walked right into them.

Battle Report:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pelaios just tags the Perception DC, and can see all the webs within 5 squares of him (within his line of sight, at least, though I'm inclined to be lenient with line-of-sight issues).

Next up: Kha'lymnm.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-03-05 at 12:54 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kha'lymnm
    Spoiler
    Show
    race/class: male githyanki, inferlock
    Initiative: +8 (current = 24)
    HP: 46/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 9/11)
    AC: 21 Fort: 18 Refl: 19 Will: 16
    saves: +2 vs charm, resist poison 5
    Speed: 6
    Telekenetic leap move (range10) you or trgt; fly 5 (remain in line of sight)
    infernal pact: kill cursed: gain 4 temp hp
    prime shot: nearest = +1 on ranged attacks
    shadow walk: move 3 -> concealment UeoNT
    Warlocks curse: minor (nearest enemy) 1/rnd +1d6; cursing deals 1 damage
    Eldritch blast st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d10+6
    Hellish rebuke st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d6+6 fire; if I take damage, trgt takes 1d6+6 fire damage
    Vampiric Embrace st ac (range5) +8 vs will 2d8+6 necro, and gain 9 temp hp
    Flames of phlegothos st ac (range10) +8 vs refl 3d10+6 fire; effect ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
    Fiendish Resilience minor gain 10 temp hp
    Fiery bolt st ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 3d6+6 fire;adjecent creatures get 1d6+9

Acrobatics +3, Arcane +11, Bluff +8, History +13, Insight +7

str: 8 (+1) dex: 10 (+2) wis: 10 (+2)
    con: 20 (+7) int: 18 (+6) cha:13 (+3)

feats:, light shield proficiency, impr init, toughness
    items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance

Spiders? ...
    - move action: move to C15 (shadow walk grants me concealment)
    - minor: curse nearest enemy (I have no idea if I think if the mummies look hostile or dead (or if that matters ...) but I'm hoping I curse the spider). either way, cursing deals 1 damage
    - standard: fiery bolt on the spider
    Spoiler
    Show
    fiery bolt:
    - attack (1d20+9)[21] vs reflex. (+1 thx to prime shot (already calculated in))
    - damage: (3d6+6)[20] fire
    (curse, if applicable (1d6)[4])
    (adjecent emeies, if applicable (1d6+9)[10])
    Last edited by qube; 2009-03-05 at 02:36 AM.

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

11. - Top - End - #131

The warlock's fiery bolt splashes against the huge spider's chitin, and it hisses in pain. It skitters forward on eight long legs; then, gathering web-stuff, the creature uses two hind legs to press it together into a head-sized ball--and hurls the entangling projectile at the troublesome Gith, who dodges ably out of the way.

Battle Report:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kha'lymnm: You can indeed curse the spider; according to the precedents I've encountered, the mortal capacity for self-delusion knows few bounds.

Next up: Whisperblade and Pathfinder.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-03-05 at 04:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

GnomeWizardGuy

Imsh Pathfinder, wishes his pals were here for this horse spider.
    HP 48/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 8/12

Imsh moves forward on quick, but wary feet. He moves between his two companions. He checks ahead for more webs before he goes all out on the monster.

"Magmin, can ya give us some room to move in here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+7)[20] to see more webs.

Move Action: Move North in a straight line to E14.

Standard Action: If, then...

Spoiler
    Show
    IF no webs are blocking his path, then he charges the spider:

Standard Action: Charge, and use Howling Strike. Move through F13 straight to F10.
    Attack: (1d20+11)[19] vs AC
    Hit: (3d6+9)[19] damage.

BUT IF he sees webs blocking his path to the spider, then he draws and throws a throwing hammer:

Minor Action: Draw Throwing Hammer.
    Standard Action: Throw Hammer.
    Attack: (1d20+9)[20] vs AC
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10] damage.
    Last edited by OneFamiliarFace; 2009-03-07 at 04:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Areimis Whisperblade
    HP 37/37; AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 14; Surges 4/7
    The blue eyed Eladrin runs forward brashly, loosing an icy bolt at the monster. "Tread lightly, and stay together!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move in a beeline to D-14
    Pop an Ray of Frost at the spider
    +5 vs Fort: (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    And the target is slowed until the beginning of my next turn.
    Perception as a Minor: (1d20+6)[13]
    If I see any web in my way, I'll stop before I hit it.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

14. - Top - End - #134

Exclamation Re: Dame Morbid's Tourney Team 1

With the same great charge that had served him so well in his last encounter, Imsh Pathfinder leaps at the spider--who, in a blur of long barbed legs, deftly spears the barbarian out of the air and pins him to the ground with one spearlike leg. Trying to escape, Imsh delivers a mighty blow to the leg pinning him down. His blow leaves visible dents in the black chitin, but the barbed leg holds him still.

As Areimis looses a blast of icy magic at the monstrous spider (coating a section of it in frost, but otherwise not harming the creature), the webs around him begin shaking. Deep in the webbing, three mummified silhouettes begin to struggle, jerkily pulling themselves free of the larger snare around them. Still thickly wrapped in grey web-stuff, they begin to lurch toward the nearest targets. Their movements are erratic, stopping and starting with odd jerks as if something was imperfectly controlling their individual muscles, but each motion is startlingly fast by itself.

Imsh catches one harsh blow with the haft of his maul, absorbing the force of the attack; behind him, another mummy attacks Kha’lymnm—though he jumps back from the ensnaring strands, an aura of infernal shadow swirling around the gith. The eladrin Areimis isn’t quite so lucky, and an entangling arm smashes against his armor. He manages to turn the blow slightly with his longsword, but thick strands of webbing wrap themselves about his blade and arm.

Battle Report:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Imsh charges, and the spider (who has Threatening Reach 4) hits with an opportunity attack, grabbing the barbarian and dealing 12 damage. Imsh hits regardless, dealing 19 damage. In the future, damage dealt in this fashion will be reduced somewhat, but I felt bad about not somehow mentioning the threatening reach beforehand (I rather expected one of you to try a Dungeoneering check or something—but no, you charged right in).

The corpses attacked Imsh, Kha’ly, and Areimis. Only Areimis is hit, taking 11 damage; he is also marked until the end of the mummy’s next turn (that’s a -2 to attacks against anything other than the enemy that hit him).

Next up: Magmin, and then we’re back at the top with Kha’lymnm, Pelaios, and the giant spider.

Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-04-02 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Stop! Hammertime!

15. - Top - End - #135

GnomeWizardGuy

Imsh Pathfinder, Eagle Eyes
    HP 48/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 8/12
    Condition: Grabbed

"Gah, what the?! That really hurt! Get this thing offa me!"

Imsh ogles his would be mummifier to see what seems to be wrong with the guy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Imsh take any damage from the hit? I assume the spider's basic attack Grabs and probably deals damage yeah? Otherwise, he can't grab as an OA (cripes I am asking for damage). I want to know because I might activate a magic item when it hits me (which will affect its turn). Thanks for letting me do full damage though.

Also, I wield a Maul, not a Greataxe. Don't stereotype me! Also, don't make me get hit. I can still block the brunt of an attack with my maul, yeah? Haha.

Perception: (1d20+7)[26]

16. - Top - End - #136

Spoiler
    Show
    Fixed!

Perception check: that's exactly the check I was hoping you guys would make! Exactly! Another knowledge check might have done it, but writing this one will be so much fun!

I'll edit this to be more, you know, thematic as soon as I have net access again, but for now: it's undead, it's vulnerable to fire, it will inflict movement-hampering status effects on you if you hit it while adjacent, and it's full of nigh-mature spider eggs. Glistening black clusters fill the lungs, the arm, one eye, the mouth. Fire will burn them, damage will wake them, and concentrated damage will kill them before too many can come out and start piling on the hurt.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kha'lymnm
    hey, I thought these things were dead ...

minor action: curse nearest enemy (dealing 1 damage)

move action: if the mummy is still in mellee with me: shift to D15

standard action: attack the spider
    Hellish rebuke (1d20+8)[18] vs refl; (1d6+6)[8] fire; if I take damage, trgt takes (1d6+6)[11] fire damage

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Take two: Yay forums!

"Spiders.. spiders burn so nicely.." Magmin lopes forward, eagerly moving to a position near Areimis, and spraying burning fuel forward onto everything. "The beautiful eggs.. they burn!" Magmin seems mesmerized by the pyrotechnics.

HP 30/38, A 22, F 18, R 19, W 19, any ranged attacks against me from further than 5 squares have -5 to hit.
    Surges: 8/9

Move: Walk to E14
    Standard: Burning Hands north from C9-G13, hitting: Imsh (sorry!), the big spider (and all it's eggses), Mummy at F11, Mummy at D13, and tons of webbing.

Close Attack vs Reflex:
    Imsh: (1d20+9)[16]
    Spider: (1d20+9)[17]
    F11 Mummy: (1d20+9)[26]
    D13 Mummy: (1d20+9)[10]
    Anything else that might be in the area: (1d20+9)[17]

Fire damage:
    (2d6+7)[15]

19. - Top - End - #139

"Watch yourself Eladrin."

Pelaios rushes forward to defend his new ally.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Action: E-13 (via F-14)
    Standard Action: Shield Bash on mummy in D-13
    Attack: (1d20+12)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[11]
    If I hit it, it gets pushed into C-13 and is knocked prone.
    Minor Action: Perception Check (1d20+3)[15]
    Add me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show