Default Avenging the master

ok, once everyone checks in I will begin

OoC thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Avenging the master

Well I guess I could start now

You are all currently attending the funeral of your former master Shang-Chi(so you are in your best clothes, tradition dictates that if you are not related to him in any way you shpuld be wearing white, absolutely no red ), a white cloth is hung over the doorway to the house, a gong has been placed to the left of the entrance, as you walk through the home you notice that all statues of deities are covered up by red paper and all mirrors are have been removed. Upon reaching the room where the wake is being held you recognize Shang-Chi's family with his eldest son sitting right next to Shang-Chi's left shoulder, there is no one at the right shoulder(any or all of you can remember that his wife died long ago). Upon viewing the corpse you notice that it is dressed in all blue with a yellow cloth covering the his face and a light blue cloth covering his body. There is a donation box present( you all brought enough money for a proper offering that is separate from your charater wealth. dont worry).

Ok everyone show your respect to the family and you can ask questions about the circumstances of his death and other question like lodging since you were all great and important students of his, roll knowledge(religion) to get more info on what to do or if you want to know anything about what has been described already all will be dc 10, if you arrive late(the funeral will last a total of 49 days) you would have to crawl on your knees to the coffin to show your respect.

Pm me if you want to know specific things, like if Shang-Chi left you anything.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

As was customary for his tribe, Gort spends the first week of the funeral in silence.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let everyone else input something before I decide what to do next.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Gervasio is going to do his best to follow the local customs, keeping an eye out for anything odd, but will not start a thorough investigation into Shang-Chi's death until after the funeral, out of respect for his master's family.
    Last edited by obtusehobbit; 2009-03-30 at 01:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Farobi has no words for his loss. He doesn't know how to grieve with words. He sits alone in silence.
    I take this game with the seriousness it deserves.
    Not all that much. It's a game.

Xykon In The Playground nominee, way back when that happened.

Rebel Leader

Breakfast-atar by The Neoclassic whom I appreciate very much!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

49 days have passed, according to his Shang-Chi's will each of you is given something: a jade amulet for Gervasio Arian, a marble for Gort and a 5 inch long silver tube for Farobi Whitefeather, along with what was left to you there is a letter addressed to you all. Shang-Chi's son tells you all that you are not to open the letter here but at the dojo where you all trained, he also notes that these three items were recently delivered and are all brand new. The dojo is located at the back of the estate, you all also know that Shang-Chi probably wanted you all to read the letter in his meditation room at the dojo

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Farobi is a little confused, though confident in his late masters plan, whatever it may be. He makes his way to the dojo. On the way he still says nothing aloud, though in his head he speaks A silver tube? What possible justice could this bring? Is there possibly something inside it?. His personal grief period is more or less finished after 7 weeks.
    I take this game with the seriousness it deserves.
    Not all that much. It's a game.

Xykon In The Playground nominee, way back when that happened.

Rebel Leader

Breakfast-atar by The Neoclassic whom I appreciate very much!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Gort

Gort holds the marble in his palm, trying to figure out what meaning it might have. As he thinks about it, he idly tosses the shotput up and down in his other hand.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

9. - Top - End - #9

Gervasio remains silent contemplating the significance of the items as he heads to the dojo.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Farobies silver tube starts to move around while you are thinking about it, but whenever it seems like it is going to roll out of your hand it stops and goes back to the center of your hand, as if it is exploring its small new environment, Gorts marble starts to imitate his shotputs movement, and Gervasio's ammulet is not doing anything yet

11. - Top - End - #11

After bit Gervasio decides to put on the amulet and continue to the dojo. He now, turns his thoughts to the possible contents of the letter.