New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k -II- Tactics for the Tactics God

Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    So, Im looking to expand my nurgle force into a larger army, this time by adding a khorne section. So I was just wondering, having never really played 40k with squads I particularly wanted to get into melee (well, my nids, but monstrous creatures are different), what tactics do people have for using them.

Oh and how many bezerkers in a box?
    Pretty sure it's 10 with options for a power fist and a plasma pistol.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ummm... what?

The Slaaneshi amongst my troops would like to inquire what kind of drugs the person who came up with that was abusing, and where one can obtain these.

These games are not part of the canon, are they?
    Nope.

MorhgorRB: Leting aside the part of how wasteful SM are from a resource point view, my main point was that SM are created to be tools of wars, not the next step of human evolution, like the other poster claimed.
    Well - you're kinda right ...

The WD article from a while back on the cursed space marine foundings, though, suggests that after the abortive attempts to make the Flame Falcons and Storm Giants, 'Project Homo Sapiens Novus' succeeded in creating super space marines - powerfully psychic, stronger, tougher, and with a rewired nervous system. Then, however, this guy attacked the research station:

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    From his build I knew he must be a [fragment destroyed] but his armour was adorned with symbols and runes that made my eyes sting to look upon them. Over his shoulders hunched a grotesque device with obscene mechanical limbs like a spider reaching forward, each one ending in what appeared to be a bizarre weapon of torture device.
    and made off with the sample. So, if this little passage is to be believed, there was a breed of superior space marines, meant to be the next step of humanity's evolution, but now Fabius Bile has the only extant example.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Pretty sure it's 10 with options for a power fist and a plasma pistol.
    Nope, its 12 Berserker's with options for 2 plasma pistols. No power fist bit, I had to use one from the terminator squad.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Space Marines aren't the next step in human evolution, psykers are. Specifically, psykers who don't manage to kill themselves and their whole planet in spectacularly gruesome ways. Non-psychotic Apex Twins, as it were.

As for the Horus Heresy, yeah, it's easy in hindsight--and with all the facts--to say that they should've done this or that.

The 'official' Dark Crusade basically had the Blood Ravens and the IG fighting for a little bit then teaming up to beat everyone else. I believe the Eldar left once the Necrons were defeated--would make sense. You should pretty much ignore the DoW series if you're looking for canon. Especially Soulstorm.

5. - Top - End - #455

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    and made off with the sample. So, if this little passage is to be believed, there was a breed of superior space marines, meant to be the next step of humanity's evolution, but now Fabius Bile has the only extant example.
    Wow, seriously, they need to get some decent security on those reasearch labs. First the primarchs, now this. Or at least make copies of the research develpoments so they can try again if something goes wrong.

However, there's still the adeptus custodes, the super elite bodyguards of the emperor wich somehow keep him alive. It's just a shame we know so little about them, they don't even get a codex or rules. Only power reference is that what they are so distant from space marines as space marines are from normal humans.

EDIT:

Altima:
    It's right there in fluff. The thousand son's primarch, Magnus, managed to foresee the Horus Heresy, and tried to warn the Emperor. The Emperor, rational as ever, ordered the space wolves to go and obliterate the hell out of Magnu's world for him to dare to say that his precious legions may be ploting against him. Yeah, a brilliant move at the moment whitout doubt. One of your most trusted vassals tries to warn you of a coming doom and you answer by trying to stomp him into pieces.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-02-12 at 04:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Wow, seriously, they need to get some decent security on those reasearch labs. First the primarchs, now this. Or at least make copies of the research develpoments so they can try again if something goes wrong.
    Well, it had obscurity, Inquisitorial backing, and a grand cruiser in orbit around it. No dice, especially when they were having to fight to keep people in, as well as out.

However, there's still the adeptus custodes, the super elite bodyguards of the emperor wich somehow keep him alive. It's just a shame we know so little about them, they don't even get a codex or rules. Only power reference is that what they are so distant from space marines as space marines are from normal humans.
    Well, from the Collected Visions of the Horus Heresy series, we know that despite being front-line troops/shock troops in the Great Crusade, only three died. There's also Constantin Valdor, who, on his own, manages to maim kill and burn three of Magnus' hand-picked elite. So yeah, they're pretty powerful. On the other hand, I'm really, really glad that they don't get a codex or rules, for much the same reason as I'm angry that they statted Angron. The Custodians really are irreplaceable; furthermore, they never leave the Emperor's side.

Altima:[/B]It's right there in fluff. The thousand son's primarch, Magnus, managed to foresee the Horus Heresy, and tried to warn the Emperor. The Emperor, rational as ever, ordered the space wolves to go and obliterate the hell out of Magnu's world for him to dare to say that his precious legions may be ploting against him. Yeah, a brilliant move at the moment whitout doubt. One of your most trusted vassals tries to warn you of a coming doom and you answer by trying to stomp him into pieces.
    Well, GW have tried two ways of retconning this - both utterly contradictory, of course.

The first is that Magnus was too hasty with his message, and, while transmitting the message, opened up flaws in the Webway shield; it looked at best like he was deluded, and at worst that he was trying to open up a chaos gate under the Imperial Palace.

The more interesting one is put forward by the Dark Heresy setting with increasing clearness, that suggests the individual who taught Magnus his psychic skill and designed the first silver towers, Eloeholth the Faceless, is some sort of walking hole in history, the effort of remembering whom is enough to kill a person, and may be either:

• an immensely powerful Space Marine
    • a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
    • a Dark Age of Technology/Adrantis adept, who may just be powerful enough to 'spite' Tzeentch and survive, oh yeah, he makes stars that shine silent hill instead of light.

Magnus using the talents of such an individual, even after the Emperor expressly forbade him, would be a bad thing.

All above is fairly speculative, but it's what the books are hinting at.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Altima View Post
    Space Marines do not go through bolter rounds like crazy. Fluffwise, a bolt goes right where a Marine wants it to go in most occaisionas.

Imperial plasma tech, while more powerful, is also...finicky. It has a bad habit of exploding, which will mean one less of the rare and powerful guns when they actually need it.

And I doubt the Tau would be willing to play supplier to a rebel faction of Space Marines who are not part of the Greater Good or Tau Empire or allied with it (see: slaves) nor who are likely to, eventually, turn right back around and start shooting at the Tau. This isn't even assuming that the Space Marines in question haven't descended so far into heresy that they'll eschew their blessed bolters for blesphemous and inferior xenos tech.

And trading with the Tau would put said faction is one of the most dangerous corridors in the galaxy. Orcs, the Damocles Gulf, and Ultramar surround the Tau Empire, and the sort of things preying that section of the galaxy would eat a space marine strike cruiser for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Re: Armaments

Yeah, the Tau aren't going to be arms dealers unless the Marines pledge to the Greater Good. I'd say Bolter Shells are probably easier to get your hands on (by raiding Imperial arms depots and such) than in getting enough parts to maintain (and replace) plasma weaponry of any stripe.

If you'd like to fluff it up, make the squads armed by more "common" weapons, or weapons that don't need complicated reloads. More flamers and lascannons, fewer plasma weapons and heavy bolters. More chainswords and fewer missile launchers.

Okay, I see your points. I don't agree with the munitions expendatures, but it's not important and really it's just fluff. I was just going off what Mr. Blinky said: "A loose alliance with the Tau" or thereabouts. I figured the agreement could be something like 'We give you guns and ammo if you go kill things for us'. That would fit with the mercenary idea, and would oppen up options for some more Tau tech. Also, if the Tau provide a base of opperations to them, they would undoutably include a fleet beacon in it, allowing them to travel instantly to and from the place. So even if they started to rebel against the Tau, they could just simply warp a bunch of vessils into orbit, rain ordanince down on them, and simply leave. Seriously, the Tau would only agree to an aliance with Space Marines (even mercenary ones) if they held power over them.
    Last edited by Ghal Marak; 2009-02-12 at 05:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458

On the other hand, I'm really, really glad that they don't get a codex or rules, for much the same reason as I'm angry that they statted Angron. The Custodians really are irreplaceable; furthermore, they never leave the Emperor's side.
    Only 3 killed out of ten thousand?!!! Wow those guys are badass!!

From what I remember from the fluff, they're not exactly irreplaceable, it's more that their process of creation is so complex and expensive that the current Emperium can't really afford to produce more.

What I really don't undersand is why they never leave the Emperor's side. Does the golden throne really needs 10.000 super-elite bodyguards when the Emperium is at the verge of colapse?

Magnus using the talents of such an individual, even after the Emperor expressly forbade him, would be a bad thing.

All above is fairly speculative, but it's what the books are hinting at.
    Hmm, hadn't heard that theory yet, interesting. But I really can't see him being a SM. After all, aren't the primarchs suposed to be the strongest SM ever? Some demon prince or super-psyker sounds more probable.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghal Marak View Post
    Okay, I see your points. I don't agree with the munitions expendatures, but it's not important and really it's just fluff. I was just going off what Mr. Blinky said: "A loose alliance with the Tau" or thereabouts. I figured the agreement could be something like 'We give you guns and ammo if you go kill things for us'. That would fit with the mercenary idea, and would oppen up options for some more Tau tech. Also, if the Tau provide a base of opperations to them, they would undoutably include a fleet beacon in it, allowing them to travel instantly to and from the place. So even if they started to rebel against the Tau, they could just simply warp a bunch of vessils into orbit, rain ordanince down on them, and simply leave. Seriously, the Tau would only agree to an aliance with Space Marines (even mercenary ones) if they held power over them.
    IIRC, the Tau don't really have "mercenaries." They have races that they have already recruited, or are recruiting, for the Greater Good. If the Marines sincerely converted, then the Tau would be all about having them around - otherwise, not so much.

Also, the Tau don't have Warp Drives, while the Marines do. It is far easier for the Marines "rebel" than it is for the Tau to put down rebellions. All the Marines need to do is Warp away from the settled territory of the Tau.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, they really are. I imagine that they'd be used a bit more cautiously than anything else available - but yes, harcore.

From what I remember from the fluff, they're not exactly irreplaceable, it's more that their process of creation is so complex and expensive that the current Emperium can't really afford to produce more.
    Probably.

What I really don't undersand is why they never leave the Emperor's side. Does the golden throne really needs 10.000 super-elite bodyguards when the Emperium is at the verge of colapse?
    They're exceptionally pure, or something, and thus are of great value in deterring evil stuff from coming out of the webway gate under the throne.

Hmm, hadn't heard that theory yet, interesting. But I really can't see him being a SM. After all, aren't the primarchs suposed to be the strongest SM ever? Some demon prince or super-psyker sounds more probable.
    Depending on how much support GW gives Dark Heresy (they haven't exactly been stellar so far - 'hurrr, cancel successful game within a month of starting it up, durr'), it's going to become more and more evident with more Dark Heresy, since each book seems to drop little hints at a bigger conspiracy in the next book. Also, I agree that he probably wouldn't be a Space Marine (it sounds like he was there before Magnus was, for one). If the Adrantis link's what the rumour mill of the internet makes it out to be, then he's basically capable of writing his own STCs.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

lets be completely off topic again!

Imperial Guard army (800pts) for clash of the titans 2009 tourney. thoughts?

HQ
    Command Platoon
    Heroic Senior Officer with powerfist and plasma pistol. Iron discipline.
    Mortar Team and Guardsman with flamer(121pts)

Anti-Tank support squad
    3 rocket launcher teams.(95pts)

Troops
    Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad
    Junior officer with bolt pistol and power weapon. Krak Grenades, Iron discipline
    2 Guardsmen with flamers, 1 Guardsman with meltagun(75pts)
    Chimera Transport with 2 heavy bolters, heavy stubber.(97pts)

Infantry Squad
    10 Guardsmen with 1 plasma gun.(70pts)

Infantry Squad
    10 Guardsmen with 1 grenade launcher(68pts)

Infantry Squad
    10 Guardsmen with 1 Flamer and a Lascannon team.(91pts)

Troops
    Grenadiers
    7 Grenadiers with 1 meltagun and 1 flamer.(86pts)
    Chimera Transport with multi laser and heavy flamer, heavy stubber.(97pts)
    Models: 53
    Tanks: 2

Im a fan of guardsmen cover saves(screening.)

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Which makes it fairly easy rules-wise to gauge it, doesn't it?

The difference between normal humans and Space Marines is
    +1 WS, +1 BS, +1 S, +1 T, +1 I, and armour that stops about twice as many attacks.

So, applying that to the Space Marine profile, and maybe giving them one more attack also, we would end up with something like
    WS 5, BS 5, S 5, T 5, A 2, I 5,
    and default them to Terminator-armour (or something equivalent to that).
    ...which is pretty damn terrifying.

EDIT: Forgot Wounds... hmmm, as they all count as fairly unique characters, likely capable of ignoring most horrible wounds, they probably have more than one, so maybe W 2?

On the other hand, I'm really, really glad that they don't get a codex or rules, for much the same reason as I'm angry that they statted Angron.
    What?!
    Where did they do that?
    And how does he look like? A Primarch turned Daemon Prince? Must be at or above the level of a C'tan, doesn't he?
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2009-02-12 at 09:36 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, so I was considering making up an Armageddon Steel Legion guard army, and I was just wondering on how to really show that.
    As far as doctrines go, obviously the mechanized one, and the ork xeno-fighter, but what do I take for troop and elite choices and what not?

I've no experience with guard at all, so explain this to me like I'm new to the game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

We know plenty about them. As for getting a codex, they never leave the Imperial Palace, so they never fight. Anyone.

EDIT:

Altima:
    It's right there in fluff. The thousand son's primarch, Magnus, managed to foresee the Horus Heresy, and tried to warn the Emperor. The Emperor, rational as ever, ordered the space wolves to go and obliterate the hell out of Magnu's world for him to dare to say that his precious legions may be ploting against him. Yeah, a brilliant move at the moment whitout doubt. One of your most trusted vassals tries to warn you of a coming doom and you answer by trying to stomp him into pieces.
    Magnus disobeyed the Emperor, who decided that further research into sorcery was, well, a very bad idea (justifiably). All the Primarchs agreed to this, even Magnus, who then went back to Prospero and started studying up sorcery. When Horus turned, Magnus's psychic message pierced the Emperor's shield in the palace and did something to his project--which was either to break into the Eldar webway and ensure safe travel for humanity, or even create his own.

The ramifications are probably severe. I've heard people theorize that it actually did open the chaos gate beneath the palace, and that's where the Sisters of Silence and most of the Custodes were during the Heresy.

Well, remember, the hardest thing humanity had fought up to that point were orks, and the Emperor did a good job railroading them with the smurfs.

And they are irreplacable. Their genetic material was taken from the Emperor, but the process itself was slow and inefficient. Space Marines were able to be mass produced more easily (assuming you had the Primarch around).

And yes, he does. The Imperial Palace is the size of Asia. Not only does he have 10,000 super elite bodyguards, but there are two Emperor-class Titans standing over the Golden Throne (which is, itself, the size of India).

Remember, fluffwise, it's very, very hard to actually kill a Space Marine. Maim and wound, sure. Kill? Not quite as easy. Typically, you need something that can put up a fight to them for something like that, or a lascannon.

Rule-wise, the Custodes would probably be similar to Grey Knights except all clad in Artificer Armor. A primarch could take on a Custodes alone, even barring the fact that a Primarch carries the most powerful weaponry in the Imperium.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    What?!
    Where did they do that?
    And how does he look like? A Primarch turned Daemon Prince? Must be at or above the level of a C'tan, doesn't he?
    To be honest, he looks pretty rubbish. Yes he can take a bodyguard made of bloodthirsters, but hes 500 (ish) points on his own and not especially great at what he does. If he charges you, yeah, you are dead, but he doesnt have enough attacks to get through for all those points (despite them all being ID and ignoring all saves). Also, on the turn he comes to play, he cant charge, so you should be able to at least put a large dent in him, or better yet. take initiative and charge him with >9000 orks.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

The Primarch of the World Eaters, one of, if not the mightiest follower of Khorne, whose ordinary Chaos Lords already get 10 attacks on average with their daemon weapons, doesn't get enough attacks? Oh, the irony!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

As SolkaTruesilver said, I wouldn't mind a bit having SM as my frontline troops, but I certainly wouldn't want to have my family living near them, nor the SM taking control of anything that isn't a military operation in time of war.

And heck, if the IG had been sent to fight the Thousands suns, the probability of that primarch to convince the IG comander that he actually wasn't an heretic would be considerable superior to convincing battle thirsty Leman Russ.
    Well the Realm of Ultramar is generally considered the best place in the Imperium to live. And the Salamanders run their own planet with the marines as part of the populace (I'm quite interested to read the upcoming novel about them). The people of Fenris, Baal and Plains world are all pretty happy having the Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Angels hanging around all the time.

But I wouldn't want the Flesh Tearers moving in anywhere near me. But they probably base themselves out of a primative world like the Mortifactors where everyone's killing each other anyway.

Magnus probably could have convinced and IG commander he was all good, but he was still a puppet of Tzeentch, and so were a great many of his marines. By ignoring the Emperor's decree to not dabble in magic (which the Thousand Sons continued in secret) the legion had damned themselves into Tzeentches clutches no matter who rocked up to Prospero.

In regards to Custodes rules, they had them in Rogue Trader. WS/BS 5, S/T 4, W 2, A 2, I 5, Int/Cl/WP/Ld 8. The had halberds with built in lasguns

I saw some more recent rules for playing them under 4th Ed:
    When playing Custodes your opponent always deploys first. When he has finished you may knock his models off the table then stomp on them.
    The Angron rules were in a White Dwarf a few months ago. He also had stats in Epic.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    In regards to Custodes rules, they had them in Rogue Trader. WS/BS 5, S/T 4, W 2, A 2, I 5, Int/Cl/WP/Ld 8. The had halberds with built in lasguns
    Hey, that's actually fairly close to my estimate. Only S/T differ from my guess of 5.
    Ld 8 though? What kind of elite is that? The lowliest of my Chaos Marines have Ld 9! I would have expected Ld 10 for all Custodes (well, I guess with Know No Fear it doesn't matter as much)...
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point Marines were T3, so it was pretty hard for a human. Leadership and such was done very differently in RT - there was generally only tests for confusion, fear, frenzy and hatred (and some psychic stuff), not for retreating from fire, close combat and whatnot (ATSKNF didn't exist then either).
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, okay. So basically, this stat line does not tell us all that much, as it was made for a game sharing little similarities with what we have nowadays, huh?
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #471
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, we can still compare them to normal spacies, and apparently, they were tougher and more skilled with weapons.
    Still, it's not *that* overwhelming.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2009-02-13 at 10:53 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't know about Plains, but Baal and Fenris are pretty awful places to live. Not the fault of the Marines, but generally the crippling radiation for Baal and the incredible cold of Fenris. Oh, and the, enthusiastic, flora and fauna. Mega-scorpions come to mind--scorpion like creatures the size of battle tanks.

But yeah, the Salamanders are probably the most civilized SM chapter. After all, they quite literally have a family, unlike most Chapters. They adopt a family and live with them whenever they get a chance.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Altima View Post
    But yeah, the Salamanders are probably the most civilized SM chapter. After all, they quite literally have a family, unlike most Chapters. They adopt a family and live with them whenever they get a chance.
    Nah, I'd reckon the Celestial lions would probably catch the appellation of most civilised chapter. Getting bumped off by the Inquisition for trying to call them on their anti-genocide ways? Pretty cool.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Salamanders are one of the most human, as they actually care about the people of armageddon, and during the third war, one of the commander's punched out another marine for his douchebagery. They're basically what space marines should be, if the emp got his wish.
    Founder of the Playgound Misfits, The Imperial Guard Reigment in the Playground
    Commisar Baxter, Local Morale Officer, of the Playground Misfits

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

On SM's not allying with Tau......

Sorry but that's incorrect. Marneus Calgar himself allied with the Tau in the most recent codex. I also think that the Ultramarines are more than capable of running an empire efficiently.

*coughUltamarcough*

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello, I'm going to be competing in a 1500 point tournament soon, and can you guys critique my list? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Shas’o Crisis Commander 135
    Cyclic Ion Blaster
    Airbursting Fragmentation Launcher
    Shield Generator
    Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

1 Shas’o Crisis Commander 115
    Missile Pod
    Burst Cannon
    Positional Relay
    Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

1 Crisis Battlesuit Team Leader 60
    Burst Cannon
    Missile Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    Hard-Wired Drone Controller
    Hard-Wired Target Lock
    2 Crisis Battlesuits 84
    Burst Cannons
    Flamers
    Multi-Trackers
    1 Gun Drone 10
    Twin-Linked Pulse Carbine

2 Crisis Battlesuits 108
    Fusion Blasters
    Missile Pods
    Multi-Trackers

12 Fire Warriors 120
    Pulse Rifles

12 Fire Warriors 120
    Pulse Rifles

10 Kroot 70
    Kroot Rifles
    3 Kroot Hounds 18
    Ferocious Fangs

10 Kroot 70
    Kroot Rifles
    2 Kroot Hounds 12
    Ferocious Fangs

6 Gun Drones 72
    Twin-Linked Pulse Carbines

8 Pathfinders 96
    Pulse Carbines
    Markerlights
    1 Devilfish 85
    Burst Cannon
    2 Gun Drones
    Disruption Pod

1 Hammerhead 170
    Railgun
    2 Burst Cannons
    Targeting Array (free)
    Target Lock
    Multi-Tracker
    Disruption Pod

1 Sky Ray Missile Defense Gunship 155
    6 Seeker Missiles
    Disruption Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    Target Lock
    2 Burst Cannons

Total = 1500

"That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mancow View Post
    On SM's not allying with Tau......

Sorry but that's incorrect. Marneus Calgar himself allied with the Tau in the most recent codex. I also think that the Ultramarines are more than capable of running an empire efficiently.

*coughUltamarcough*
    Now, I haven't read the codex, but did Mr. Calgar share his base with the Tau, and swap them Power Armor for Plasma Rifles? 'cause that's the kind of "alliance" we're talking about with the Chapter in question.

Sure the SM make temporary military alliances with xenos, but wouldn't it be vastly against Imperial Doctrine for anything more permanent?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by evil_d4_swarm View Post
    Hello, I'm going to be competing in a 1500 point tournament soon, and can you guys critique my list? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler
    Show

Cyclic Ion Blaster
    Shield Generator
    Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

1 Shas’o Crisis Commander 115
    Missile Pod
    Burst Cannon
    Positional Relay
    Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker

Burst Cannon
    Missile Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    Hard-Wired Target Lock
    2 Crisis Battlesuits 84
    Burst Cannons
    Flamers
    Multi-Trackers
    1 Gun Drone 10

2 Crisis Battlesuits 108
    Fusion Blasters
    Missile Pods
    Multi-Trackers

12 Fire Warriors 120
    Pulse Rifles

12 Fire Warriors 120
    Pulse Rifles

10 Kroot 70
    Kroot Rifles
    3 Kroot Hounds 18
    Ferocious Fangs

10 Kroot 70
    Kroot Rifles
    2 Kroot Hounds 12
    Ferocious Fangs

6 Gun Drones 72
    Twin-Linked Pulse Carbines

8 Pathfinders 96
    Pulse Carbines
    Markerlights
    1 Devilfish 85
    Burst Cannon
    2 Gun Drones
    Disruption Pod

1 Hammerhead 170
    Railgun
    2 Burst Cannons
    Targeting Array (free)
    Target Lock
    Multi-Tracker
    Disruption Pod

6 Seeker Missiles
    Disruption Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    Target Lock
    2 Burst Cannons

Total = 1500

The only thing I'd add is a transport for the fire warriors, they're just too vulnerable on foot to capture objectives. I'd drop one of the commanders and maybe the gun drones so you could get a pair of fish for them (or the Sky Ray, I've never found them to effective personally). Otherwise a pretty solid all comers list from my understanding of Tau
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

@Zorg: The Devilfish in the pathfinders group can go support the firewarriors after it drops them off somewhere, at least thats what I usually do.

I would personally drop something, and pick up another devilfish and a pathfinder team. Have 6 on each team (i.e. drop the original from 8 to 6).. I just think 8 is far too many, and aside from now being a high priority target, you will probably not have enough mans to shoot at the markerlights you generate on that single target (as they all have to target the same guy).

Also Fusion Blasters and missile pods seem like an odd configuration to me. The highest range weapon and the lowest? I've always been in the mindset that you have to specialize your battlesuits. Infantry or tanks, you must pick.
    Last edited by Myatar_Panwar; 2009-02-14 at 03:47 PM.
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks for all of the advice. I've altered my list a bit. Here it is:

Spoiler
    Show

Cyclic Ion Blaster
    Shield Generator
    Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker
    Hard-Wired Blacksun Filter

2 Stealth Suits 60
    Stealth Armor
    Burst Cannons
    1 Stealth Suit Shas’vre 55
    Stealth Armor
    Burst Cannon
    Markerlight
    Hard-Wired Target Lock

Burst Cannon
    Missile Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    Hard-Wired Target Lock
    2 Crisis Battlesuits 84
    Burst Cannons
    Flamers
    Multi-Trackers
    1 Gun Drone 10

2 Crisis Battlesuits 100
    Fusion Blasters
    Burst Cannons
    Multi-Trackers

12 Fire Warriors 120
    Pulse Rifles
    1 Devilfish 85
    2 Gun Drones
    Burst Cannon
    Disruption Pod

12 Fire Warriors 120
    Pulse Rifles

10 Kroot 70
    Kroot Rifles
    3 Kroot Hounds 18
    Ferocious Fangs

10 Kroot 70
    Kroot Rifles
    3 Kroot Hounds 18
    Ferocious Fangs

6 Pathfinders 72
    Pulse Carbines
    Markerlights
    1 Devilfish 95
    Burst Cannon
    2 Gun Drones
    Disruption Pod
    1 Seeker Missile
    1 Hammerhead 170
    Railgun
    2 Burst Cannons
    Targeting Array (free)
    Target Lock
    Multi-Tracker
    Disruption Pod

6 Seeker Missiles
    Disruption Pod
    Multi-Tracker
    Target Lock
    2 Burst Cannons
    2 Networked Markerlights

Total = 1500
    Last edited by evil_d4_swarm; 2009-02-14 at 07:04 PM.
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"