New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Haigakure: Power of the Volcanic Fist!

Hibiki+3

In a puff of smoke the three clones' disguises vanish to reveal a motley crew of angered bunshins. One leaps over Hibiki's head and lands on the one with green eyes, "This is your fault, you freaking had to mess up! We had them! THEY HAD NO IDEA!"

The original only shakes his in disgust and looks at the girl in the ANBU mask, "It wasn't his fault Wrath, that Suna-nin is way too perceptive of us. I'm hardly believing that she could determine you three were bunshins." Hibiki clenches his fist, how could he ever be a super hero if people like that walk around the world?

Wrath slowly releases his grip as he spots Akane-sensei coming from out the briar.
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-01-17 at 01:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

The Girl

She only remains placid and unemotional at the antics of Hibiki and his bunshins. A cool wind ruffles the girl's shoulder-length ebony hair, but she makes no move to fix it nor does she look away from Hibiki. She's dressed in a long sleeved dark green outfit coupled with a short hakama that both provides freedom of movement for her legs and conceals her feet from casual view. Her sleeves slightly cover her delicate and pale hands while allowing pink-painted fingernails to show for anyone taking notes. Strangely her middle finger on both hands is painted with a single black star, and as soon as Akane comes into her field of vision both of those fingers give an almost imperceptible twitch; almost like she stopped herself from reaching for a weapon.

She is calm, impeccably so, in her response to the soldier. "Blood need not be spilt today. Not yet, at very least. Why are you here, r--Chimera?" Even stranger than the girl's actions are those of her companion as the scarred ninja just edges away from the girl as if he were disturbed by the changes in his companion. "Koso-san, maybe we should take her back now.. This is gettin--", the scarred ninja stops as the hand closest to him twitches again. "Get her ready. I have business with the ash-nin."

3. - Top - End - #33

Akane

She stopped walking a good fifty feet from where the group begins looking at the Sand Ninja with a cold Sharingan stare knowing that when the host of Shukaku arrived things would swing out of her favour if they were now. "Hurting him would a bad idea." Her voice cold and serious as a tomb at the thought of one of her students being killed on her watch as her head slowly turned to the old soldier. "Chimera? I haven't been called that for a while. If that is Yamamoto Suka we may have a problem whatever your business with me is." She spoke through the mask clearly her Sharingan capturing even the smallest moment as she saw the chakra within them watching them with the eyes of a hawk.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Matsuo

- I don't like this. I don't like this one bit. - Hyuuga thought to himself while preparing to act quickly if needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action to activate Byakugan if s*** hits the fan
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

What the hell is going on here? Who are these people, and what does our sensei have to do with them?

Whistling softly, Yuu calls Kuromaru over to him. From what he could tell, the situation looked dire and fighting could break out any second. There were techniques he had learned that would help to make Kuromaru more effective in combat, and their effects lasted for some time. As the wolf moved up next to him, Yuu held out a hand, building up chakra in it and transferring it to his companion's teeth. They glowed faintly and now looked slightly sharper. When he finished, Yuu muttered to his companion- "Get ready to follow me if something happens. Move as I move, stay close, and attack my target." Matsuo, if he's listening, will only hear a series of low growls. Turning his attention back to the scene in the village, Yuu stands with his hand on the hilt of his katana, feeling the chakra flowing through him as he readied himself for battle.

Spoiler
    Show

HP 54/54 Chakra 24/28

Jutsu used- Juujin Ryu Seiga.
    Perform check- Taking 10 for a total of 20.
    Conversion check- DC 12 (1d20+5)[6]
    Effect- Kuromaru gains +1 to attack and damage rolls, duration 6 minutes. 4 Chakra expended. At least I'll burn a one now. Hope it's not an omen.

Readying an action- Yuu is to use Nidan Kosoku if either party attacks. Kuromaru to follow along as fast as he can.
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2009-01-17 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

6. - Top - End - #36

Hibiki+3

Three of the four Hibikis give a simultaneous shiver from the mere fighting auras of the two nin's surrounding them. Though Hibiki only knew Akane for a couple weeks, he never experienced such a dreadful presence from her. He stood motionless in fear that one of them could kill him any second; however, Pride was unaffected.

"Who's this Chimera you're talking about toots? I wouldn't be worried about Sensei over there," he points backwards toward Akane while walking up to Koso-san, "if I was you I'd be worried about one person and one person only. Me. You got that?" To further his point Pride pokes the ANBU in her bosom with his finger. A sly grin forms on the bunshin's face as a petrified look of terror forms on Hibiki's.

7. - Top - End - #37

Intelligence Check: (1d20+9)[13]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: Haigakure: Power of the Volcanic Fist!

Ninja Girl

The girl ignores Pride as he rants and approaches. Her mask never turns away from Akane's direction. Even as the kage bunshin raises it's hand to poke her, she never looks away from Akane. In a flash, the girl grabs the bunshin's wrist, spins him around to face away from her and back toward Hibiki. The kage bunshin explodes in a puff of smoke as the girl's left hand, index and middle finger extended, penetrates clean through it's body. She immediately reverts to a 'neutral' stance but her mask never once looks anywhere else but toward Akane. "Send the boys away, Chimera. I want no innocent blood on my hands when we begin. I'll bury you here, this I promise. Not as a ninja of Sunagakure, but as a survivor of Hell itself."

9. - Top - End - #39

Akane

Akane couldn't believe the stupid actions of Hibiki even if it was only his pride. He needed to have more control over his Sins or they could be the death of him. "Mizuki-chan?" The chance that it was Mizuki were against her but if it was then she had to know. "Hibiki! Go and do as you're told. Move back with the others. Do not get involved." She would wait for Hibiki to remove himself and hope that the others do not follow her orders to attack. "Mizuki-chan if that is you. Tell me now, please." The idea that this might be Mizuki brought a memory of her she wanted to stay silent.

10. - Top - End - #40

Hibiki+2

Hibiki flinches as Pride is destroyed; his hand instinctively reaches for his chest where the bunshin was pierced. "That could've been...me." The insane genin looks backwards towards Akane and he nods with an emotionless expression, "Yes Sensei, please be careful...Wrath, Envy help her out in anyway possible."

The Ash-nin walks away silently towards the rest of Team 2. Wrath and Envy look at each other and both gulp at the thought of being stabbed through the heart like Pride was.

In the far recesses of Hibiki's mind a voice mumbles peevishly, "That bitch..."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Yuu just looks confused. He wanted to go out and try to help the villagers, but doing so might provoke the sand ninja. No one was dead right now...the best thing to do seemed to be to keep waiting.
    "Matsuo. Do you know anything about Sensei's history? Who is this woman? I hate to repeat myself, but what the hell is going on?" Do you think we should reveal our position? Sensei doesn't look to want any help, but...and then there's all the villagers...kuso.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

12. - Top - End - #42

Matsuo

- I'm as clueless as you friend. I think we shouldn't act too hasty, unless it's necessary - sensei seems to be worried about that enemy, and that doesn't bode well. - Matsuo replied while veins started popping around his eyes - For now let me take a good look on them... both of them.

- Hmmm... She was using some kind jutsu when attacking Hibiki's clone, and seems to be preparing another one. - Matsuo noted - Also it looks as if she has some kind of doujutsu running.

Spoiler
    Show
    I activate Byakugan and thus gain See Chakra (since we know whats going on I assume we can see the situation without coming out. Next trun Matsuo will concentrate for See Through Chakra in cease this will reveal anything (and then endy Bya before paying cost again).

CP 30/35
    Last edited by Malek; 2009-01-18 at 07:24 AM.
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The Girl

'Mizuki' just stands there with her arms placidly resting at her sides. Waiting patiently as Hibiki began to move toward the group. She seems about to answer as she raises her right hand and gives a near imperceptible twitch of her index finger--But then the old soldier from before draws his weapon and begins to shout. "I'm tired of this bullsh**! Boys, lets just kill them all and let god sort them out!"

The man's shout draws a rallying cry from the other soldiers who immediately pull free their own weapons and move to join their leader. The peasants rush together into one incoherent mob as soon as they're free of their armed oppressors. 'Mizuki' simply stops and turns her back to Akane. "..Kill them, if you want. Jun. We're leaving our former employer in.. the Uchiha's hands." Without anything else to say, she leaps over the heads of the bandits and toward the forest opposite the direction Akane and her team had entered. The scar-faced ninja looks at Akane and just grunts, then follows his leader in her leap.

Akane and team are left facing off against the minor horde who seem rather intent on mounting their heads on pointy sticks.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show

Legend: Light Purple: Bandits. Dark Purple: Bandit Leader. H1: Original Hibiki. Light Gray: Destroyed buildings(difficult terrain)

Initiative: Akane / Bandit Leader / Matsuo / Yuu / Hibiki / Bandits

Akane is up.

14. - Top - End - #44

Akane

Watching the woman she now believed was Mizuki leave her former employer to whatever he was planning an unpleasent smile stretched across her face. "Now this is more the sort of mission I had in mind. Hibiki, Yuu, Matsuo! Come over here and earn dinner." It was then she activated her Chakra Scalpel and deactivated her Sharingan. Her body becoming more athletic the air around her for a moment being pushed out by her sudden change in mass.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 57/57 CP: 71/81
    Nidan Kousoku!
    Perform: (1d20+15)[23]
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-01-18 at 10:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Bandit Leader

The leader moves back so all of his crew can see him then shouts, "Get them you spineless gits! The lion's share to the one that kills the woman!"

Spoiler
    Show

The genin are up.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Yuu grins slowly. Now he had a chance to help out the people who had their homes destroyed by this motley gang. But, he didn't particularly like killing. A warning seemed to be appropriate. Stepping up onto the ruined building to give himself some better cover in case a few got the drop on him, he reached down to his shuriken holster mounted on his thigh and drew an explosive kunai. Flicking out his wrist, he hurled it at the ground just in front of the nearest group of bandits. Motioning for Kuromaru to wait, he raised his voice to the group of thugs.

"Normally I'd just kill you all and be done with it, but since you lot don't appear to have killed anyone, I'll give you the opportunity to run. Anyone who moves past that kunai will die. If you don't run in six seconds, I attack. Choose wisely."

Spoiler
    Show

5-foot step to 17-17. Throwing an exploding kunai into the ground
    Ranged attack- (1d20)[18]- Aiming for spot 10-17, diagonally southeast of mook #23. Readying an action- if any opponents in range (Anyone in the big group south of row 13) move past the kunai, going to activate the greater exploding tag held in the hilt. Hibiki might want to move.
    My Blog Thing

17. - Top - End - #47

Hibiki

The disturbed genin sees the kunai stuck to the ground and turns around to see Yuu who was a ways off, "Hey Yuu, what's the point in threatening? You need to scare them! Plus if we capture all these villains, then they'll just break out or use up a village's resources when they are in jail! A real hero knows this and deals with them...permanently..."

"Hibiki Huddle!"

Hibiki runs over to where his bunshins were located and draws them close, "Any ideas?"
    "Plan 66, it's our best bet...I'll be the one that sets it off," Wrath suggests.
    "66? Really? Why not 23? We could kill them all with Plan 23,"Envy shoots back.
    "What about Plan 42?"
    "NO!" Envy and Wrath scream simultaneously.
    "Whatever, we'll go with Plan 66, 23 will leave me drained. Wrath you go over there and position yourself so you won't hurt anyone. Envy take out those two over there and I'll stay close by Akane for protection. Got it?

The group of Hibikis give a quick nod and break off; Hibiki stays behind Akane waiting for the others to position themselves. Wrath sprints off towards the enemies but side steps at the last moment to get into their faces. He gives the group of men a raspberry to taunt them even further.

Envy heads out for the nearest two who lined themselves up one in front of the other and lifts his hand high above his head. The green-eyed Hibiki karate chops the air and sends a current slicing through his enemies, "Zankidan!"

Once Hibiki sees Wrath in place, he claps his hands together and charges up his chakra. Wrath mimics the same motions, but blurts out, "Take this you sh^theads!" The bunshin lets out a terrible scream as his body converts into a blazing red chakra. A huge explosion erupts from the bunshin and devours most of the northern part of the field. The villagers all feel a hot blast of heat as the explosion rolls back into the sky to form a small mushroom cloud.

Spoiler
    Show

H1
    Move: to (14,13)
    Standard: Kage Bunshin no Sai
    Perform: 1d20+14=32:SUCCESS
    Damage:(4d8)[24] Fire Damage to Bad Guys #1-11;#13-16;and the Leader
    Ref Save DC: 16 for Half

H2(Wrath)
    Move: Double move to (15,6) then diagonal to (14,5)
    Origin at top left corner or however we described it.

H3(Envy)
    Move: to (13,11)
    Standard: Zankidan
    Perform: AUTO
    Damage to #18: (4d6+4)[19] Wind Damage
    Damage to #19: Half of Above
    Ref Save DC: 14 for Half

Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-01-18 at 10:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Matsuo

Hyuuga moves from his hiding place and next to Hibiki Akane, just to see Wrath explode.

- Damn it Hibiki, theit leader was still usefull to us - he probably knew what was happening here. - Matsuo shouting while keeping an eye on what might come out of smoke left by exploding bunshin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bah, nothing left for me in range.

Move action - get to 15,13

Minor action - Hyuuga Ryu: Jyuuken - Shodan Dachi
    Quick Convert 1:1 - DC 14 (automatic)
    Perform automatic

Attack action - Ready Hyuuga Ryu - Hakke Kuushou on anything that moves into my range (25 feet)
    Quick Convert 1:1 - DC 17: (1d20+14)[27]
    Perform - DC 18: (1d20+15)[24]
    Attack: (1d20+12)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Pushback: (1d4)[1] x 5 ft.

HP: 36/39
    CP: 30/35

19. - Top - End - #49

Hibiki

"Matsuo, that was only Plan 66. Plan 66 simply softens up groups of evildoers. If it was Plans 23 or 42 none of them would be standing." Hibiki also sits back and waits to see who would come out from the fiery explosion.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Bandits

The explosion engulfs several of the bandits but soon fades away to reveal soldiers standing with slightly burnt clothes. The smoking men draw their swords and begin charging inward. Two men are blown away as Matsuo uses his "You lot! Arrows! Two-ranks, first volley ready!", the throat shout stops the southern half from doing the same as they drop their swords and pull forth bows. In a flash, they've notched arrows and a volley of shots begin flying toward Hibiki 1 & 2, Matsuo, and Akane.

DM

Spoiler
    Show

Hibiki 1, Akane, and Matsuo make their Reflex Saves. No one takes damage due to Evasion. Hibiki 3 fails his reflex save, takes 6 from the arrows and pops.

Akane is up now.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Yuu gives a narrow glare when he sees the group he had threatened merely pull out bows and arrows and start to attack his friends. He growled at the way they had interpreted his words. Fortunately, this took only a second.

"I dislike loopholes. I dislike people shooting at my teammates more."

Raising his hand, he made a simple seal, concentrating his chakra and directing its flow to the hilt of his kunai, on which was inscribed the runes for an exploding tag. The tag glowed for a second, and detonated, engulfing a large portion of the enemy soldiers in flames and contributing another billowing cloud of smoke to the one already overhead.

Spoiler
    Show

Greater exploding tag- activation DC 15. Take 10 on check for 15.
    Damage- (2d8)[7] DC 18 Reflex save for half.
    My Blog Thing

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The exploding tag does exactly what it's name says. Soon, several bandits are scorched slightly but none of them have died yet.

23. - Top - End - #53

Akane

Looking around her at the arrows planted in the ground Akane thought it might be best to remove those archers quickly. A series of complicated seals finished with perfect practiced motion the only sound she made came from the smack of her hands making the seals. The final seal brought a traditional teashop ontop of the soldiers, covering them from view and trapping them inside her Genjutsu.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 57/57 CP: 62/81
    Kangenzou no Jutsu!
    Perform: Auto
    They must either interact with the Illusion or made a Genjutsu check to realise it isn't real and then must make a Will Save to disbelieve it. Either way it requires a will save to beat DC23.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-01-20 at 05:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Spoiler
    Show

Akane's genjutsu placates a large group of bandits.

Leader

The leader, seeing the folly of his actions, begins running away as fast as he can.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Observing the large group that had just been taken out of action, Yuu moved up into a position to support his teammates, drawing his sword and adopting a more defensive stance. Kuromaru, following his lead, took up another supporting position, baring his still faintly glowing teeth at the enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    move to 16-12, draw blade. Kuromaru will move to 14-14
    My Blog Thing

26. - Top - End - #56

Hibiki

"Uh, Akane-sensei," Hibiki tugs on her clothing to gain her attention, "one's escaping over there." The genin points past the group of rowdy men at the fleeing Leader. "I'll clear out the bad guys in a second so you can catch him."

Hibiki starts to fumble with his hands beginning with his hands forming a steeple shape and then progressing to other seals, "Bird, Rabbit, Ox, Dragon, Horse, Bird, Rabbit, Ox, Tiger, Horse!" The genin's mouth becomes a vacuum to the surrounding air as he starts to sound out the name of his jutsu, "Renku..." The deft ash-nin's chest inflates with air being compressed into chakra; Hibiki unleashes the built in chakra in one explosive shot, "Dan!"

A giant bullet of compressed chakra heads towards the hapless bandits.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Round Action: Renku Dan (Converted and Empowered)
    Perform: 1d20+16=24 =SUCCESS
    Target: Top Left Corner of Box (14,8)
    Damage: (11d8)[55]
    Save DC: 20 Reflex, half

Convert Chakra 2:1+Lengthened 11 Chakra=18 DC
    (1d20+12)[29]
    Action Point for Chakra: (1d6)[1]

Hibiki
    HP: 51/73
    AC: 20
    CP: 25

Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-01-21 at 02:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Matsuo

- Don't worry, I can catch him. Akane-sensie will be probably more helpfull here - with this words Matsuo takes a step forward, and in what seems two blurringly fast and abnormaly long leaps appears next to the bandit leader.

- Going somewhere?..

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor action - 5-foot step forward to 15-12

Move action - Shundou 30 ft. diagonally to 11-8
    Quick Convert 2 chakra 1:1 - DC 16 (automatic)
    Perform automatic

Attack action - Shundou 40 ft. forward to the spot up and to the right of the leader (11-0 effectively :P)
    Quick Convert 2 chakra 1:1 - DC 16 (automatic)
    Perform automatic

HP: 32/39 (Stamina damage 7)
    CP: 23/35 (Paid byakugan cost)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Bandits

The leader of the bandits stops as Matsuo appears in front of him. He raises his sword to attack the boy, but is quickly interrupted by the blast of air that kills all of the bandits between himself and the other ninja. The high-pressure explosion sends limp corpses flying in every direction and their landings elicit screams from the peasants whom they land beside. The leader shouts. "[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Put yer weapons down. They caught us.[color]" He then drops his sword in the dirt, which is soon joined by all the bows from the non-Genjutsu'd bandits. "We surrender."

29. - Top - End - #59

Akane

"Matsuo if you could bring him over here, I need a word with him." Removing the ANBU mask with a simple molding of Chakra tucking it under her left bare arm. "Hibiki and Yuu, disarm the bandits and make them stand in a circle. Maim any who resist, kill any that continue to resist." A seal formed with her hands Hibiki would recognise a moment later a shadow clone is heading to retrive her backpack while the real Akane kept her eye on things.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Turning his eyes on the prisoners, Yuu sheaths his sword. Keeping his right hand flickering close to the hilt, he settles into a stance, watching and waiting for the prisoners to make a move.
    "You heard the lady. Get on your knees, hands on your heads, right now! Anyone whose hand so much as twitches towards a weapon loses it. Got it?

Kuromaru, help keep an eye on them. Hibiki, you got enough energy left for a few more Shadow Clones? They'll really help with getting rid of their weapons."

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action- if anyone of the prisoners doesn't comply, I'll charge and attack with Zankenteki if possible. A severed arm or two should get the message across.
    My Blog Thing