New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Road Trip! (nWoD)

Today was the day.

After days, weeks, maybe even months of talking, planning, and joking about taking a road trip for the summer, it was actually happening. Parents had been pleaded with, harassed, and finally convinced. A car had been bought, a rusty old Volkswagen Minibus. It wasn’t the most glamorous of transportation methods, but it would get you where you were going in one piece. Most of the time. Parents, friends, girl/boyfriends, all had been said goodbye to. Clothes, snacks, and…other essential items had been packed. A general route had finally been decided on, though it was rather vague. Mostly it was ‘head for the West coast’, but you had an idea of what roads you would be taking to go there. Still, the important thing was that it was actually coming together.

Perhaps some of you were shocked by this, sure that people would lose interest or be unable to actually go. But here all five of you were. Whether to see the country, to have some excitement, or just get the hell away from your parents and spend time with friends, everyone had showed up.

The sun was high in the sky as you walked onto the driveway, bringing your suitcases and such with you. The weather was very nice today, just warm enough to be comfortable without being hot. In the middle of the driveway sat the aging minibus. Though the paint job had faded to a kind of rusty brown, otherwise it seemed to be in okay condition for its great age.

Time to pack up and get on the road.
    Last edited by Warpfire; 2009-02-22 at 05:17 PM.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Road Trip! (nWoD)

Jeremy

Dumping his bags and guitar case into the bus, Jeremy says to his friends: "So, who's the first driver? Onetwothreenotit!" Then chuckling a bit he adds: "Also: shotgun." And occupies the front passenger seat for himself. Once seated, he opens the the glove compartment and takes a look inside, then discretely takes out and puts a small, dark plastic bag containing "essentials" that he had been keeping in his pocket inside it.

He re-adjusts the stylish black hat on his head and takes out a pair of vintage sun-glasses, putting them on in an overly dramatic fashion. He is ready to go!
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

So here she was. It was really happening. She could still hardly believe it. A few weeks back, it seemed like a dream and now it was quickly becoming a reality. They were really doing this.

For Misty, this was new and exciting experience. Taking a road trip, away from parents and mostly everybody she knew, with a handful of people she knew from school... she didn't knew she had it in her. And yet, it would do her good, she knew it.

Mother had cried. She didn't want her "little girl" to go like this. It was almost like the trip itself was a death penalty. After much emotional talk, she got calm enough that conversation with her was possible again. After much advice and even more threats, she finally agreed Misty can leave, if she calls her at least every two days. Daddy wasn't as complicated. He gave her a 100$ bill and winked at her. She heard stories that did something similar when he was younger. She only smiled back and gave him a hug. As for older sister... a pack of condoms resting in her backpack was what she got from her.

"Trust me, you'll need it."

She wasn't ready to argue because of that. If she wanted to believe it, Misty wasn't the one to take that pleasure away from her. She knew better herself.

Showing up on designated time, she put the suitcase and backpack down, looking at the minibus. It wasn't a limousine, but it would do well enough. Flicking her hair with one hand to get them of her face, she sits down to wait for the other three to show up. When Jeremy shows up and takes the passenger sit, she only smiles at him. Right now, staying in the back would do just fine for her.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Samantha

Samantha arrives to the party a few minutes late, she's packed less than either of those who'd already arrived, being perfectly willing to wear one set of clothes for a couple days at a time if it meant she had to carry less.

Seeing Jeremy already sitting in the front seat Sam shakes her head.
    Is shotgun really so important that you're just going to sit there while we load up?
    She asks him with a small grin before stowing her own luggage in the minibus.
    So, who do you think'll show up next?
    She asks, turning to Misty.
    And who's gonna drive first?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

"Don't look at me, I'm terrible at driving. Unless we want this trip to end before it even well started, I propose we wait for somebody who, you know... actually knows how to drive."

Giving Sam a small smile, she then continues.

"I believe Aaron and Nathan need to show up yet. Bet you five dollars one or both of them is high again and we'll need to wait for them for an hour or so. Though the fact that Jeremy is still looking good maybe there's still some hope for the two."

She smiles again. Sun's shining, weather's good, there are few months of vacations in front of them... this is looking promising.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

6. - Top - End - #6

Jeremy

Coming out of the car again, leaving his hat on the seat to mark his territory, Jeremy goes over to the girls, eavesdropping on the last bit of their conversation.

"Who says I'm not high?" He remarks with a devilish grin on his face, adding: "Though I do have a license and everything, so I can drive. Well, you know, at least theoretically." He then takes out a pack of lucky strikes and puts a cigarette in his mouth, and offering the girls one each if they want it. After lighting his, he takes a deep drag, exhales and says: "Is this gonna' be awesome or what?"
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Rejecting the smokes with a wave of her hand, Misty looks at Jeremy.

"So tell me, just how much "stuff" do you have stashed on your persona? For a week of prison or two?"

Despite seriousness of her tone, one can figure out she's not too serious, seeing the spark in her eyes. When he inqures about awesomeness of the trip, she nods.

"I certainly hope so. Any ideas on locations we're stoping? The roads? You know, that stuff."
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2009-02-22 at 07:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Sam declines the cigarettes.
    You know I don't smoke things that are legal. And as for planned stops-what would be the fun of those? Chaos and a car that could break down at any moment are the only ways to travel.
    She answers Misty with a smile.
    I'd offer to drive first, but I'm pretty stoned myself, so it might be the sober girl without a license starting us off.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

"I can try, sure, but I really hope Aaron or Nathan are in a state good enough to do that instead. From what I hear, they are both good at this. Me, I tried driving once. Good thing the only thing that got destroyed was a couple of garden gnomes."

She shows Sam her tongue at that, half in joke, half serious, before smiling again.

"Hell, I think you'd drive better stoned than I would sober."

((Time out for me, need to get some sleep. Hopefully, we can continue this later.))

10. - Top - End - #10

Nathan Summers

A figure skate boarded toward the group and grinded down the raised part of the side walk before finally arriving, kicking it up and catching it in his hand. Nathan always had to make an entrance. He was dressed in some ragged jeans with holes in them, sneakers, a headband, and no shirt which showed off some rather weird Indian looking tattoos. His bag was over one shoulder.

"Hey dudes, how ya doing?" Nathan said, popping his neck and tossing his stake board some where haphazardly in the back. "Well, two of 'em at least, where's Aarons *** ass at?" He said, questioning his pals heterosexuality and Sam's womanness. "Looking hot as always, Misty." He continued, giving her a wink. He planned to score with her on this trip, and was pleased she could go. "Looking nerdy and manly as always, respectively." He kept on, laughing loudly at himself as he nodded at Jeremy and Sam.

"Anyway, someone call that *******. I'm about ready to go, I'll drive."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Call him yourself, douchebag. At least I can find a woman when I need to.
    Sam quips back, pretty much used to Nathan.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

"Hey Guys, Sorry I'm late....." Aaron called out as he approached the minibus. "Got delayed trying to get some more last minute cash out of my old man."

Aaron scanned the group of Travelers, his eyes resting on Misty for longer than the rest. "Damn, this trip may be more interesting than I thought" He mutters as he walks the rest of the way to the minibus.

He throws his bag containing all his personal effects into the back, and clambers in next to Misty, flashing a smile at her that had been known to cause lesser women to go weak in the knees.

"Drive on, I'll just sit back here at first..."
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-02-23 at 01:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

Finally, the gang has been gathered. Nathan beeing his usual showoff and Aaron... the dream of every girl and woman on school. If rumors were correct, even some female professors were quite enthralled with him.

Aaron, Aaron... what is one to do with you? she thinks to herself.

Not that it was hard to see why that was so. The guy was... well, pretty would be somewhat of an understatement. But if only half the rumors were true, he was also your regular lothario. Misty decided to be open minded and give him a fair chance, as she would expect from everybody else. No doubt there were same rumors flying around about her as well. She just hadn't heard them. So she smiled to both Nathan and Aaron and extended a hand to each of them.

"Good to see you guys. We were afraid we may need to leave without you."

She winks at them. Then, she climbs in the back and leans against the wall, waiting for the trip to start.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron takes the offered hand and kisses the back of it, flashing another of his infamous smiles as he does so before leaning back in his seat

Aaron nonchalantly runs his fingers through his hair in his seat next to Misty, ruffling it slightly, simultaneously flicking an invisible speck of dust off of the knee of his faded blue jeans.

Aaron always enjoyed being dressed well - he wore faded blue jeans, a black T-shirt, and a white button-down dress shirt. The only part of his appearance that was not clean or tidy was his hair, Aaron's hair was constantly slightly disheveled.

"Weren't we in Biology class together? I think I remember seeing you there during the few times that I was still awake during Mrs. Nickerson's Lectures..."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Blinking a little when she gets her hand kisses, Misty throws her head back and laughts.

"You know Aaron, they said your are a charmer... but they never said you turn your charms on so soon."

Unlike Aaron, Misty is dressed casually, a plain white T-shirt and your regular, low price jeans. Always putting comfort before the looks, she somehow manages to look good even in that plain attire. When the subject of classes comes up, she nods.

"I seem to remember you. And you did a whole more sleeping than studying. Mrs. Nickerson wasn't too pleased with that... and yet, you never got in troubles. I wonder why..."

She lets the sentence hang in the air for some time, smiling as she expects his asnwer.

16. - Top - End - #16

Nathan Summers

"Now that I'd like to see, haha." Nathan laughed, shaking his long hair out and streching. "Alright man, everyone in the car. I heard about some dude who died waiting too long to take his road trip." He stated hopping up in the drivers seat.

"You couldn't leave with out me, beauty. I'm the centerpiece of this trip- know what I mean?" He said, tilting his head back at them. He cast a sideways glare at Aaron. Looks like he and Aaron had similar ideas about this trip.

"You mean sleeping with her in her class." Nathan laughed, and turned around to start up the car. "Everyone in!"
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-23 at 02:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

"Do explain what you mean by this... centerpiece Nathan. I know you're the main dude around, but you'll forgive me if I'm not familiar with you all that well."

When she hears his last comment she only smiles at him.

"Looks like somebody's jealous..."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Sam rolls her eyes at the exchange among her fellows.
    For Christ's sake, we haven't even left the driveway yet.
    She thinks as she climbs into the bus.
    Lay it on a little thicker guys, I don't think Misty's completely blinded by all the **** you're spewing out yet.
    She chides, hoping for a few minutes of peace but not really expecting it.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

"Sorry Sam, I guess I got a little carried away. I guess we should get this ball rolling, right? Or the vacations will be over before we even start. We can always continue this on the road."

20. - Top - End - #20

Nathan Summers

"Yeah, thats what I'm doing. Come on, Sam, you're just jealous you aren't as hot as- you're lucky we even let you hang out with us." Nathan said, then his cellphone started ringing. He answered it.

"Yo man, whats up? Nah, I can't right now. I ain't got nothing on me. Roadtrip, dude. Try D. I think hes got at least a 30 of green. Yeah, you too man, keep it real." Nathan said on the phone, before hanging up and winking at the rest of the crew. "Saving this **** for the road." He remarked, flashing a bag of pre-rolled joints.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Aww come on Nate, you're just jealous that I got a bigger penis than you. Maybe you'll hit puberty next year bud.
    She fires back after Nathan hangs up his phone.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-02-23 at 09:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Nathan puts the key in the ignition and turns, and amazingly enough the car sputters to life on the first try. Of course, that's probably not something you can rely on happening every time. As everyone finishes getting into the minibus, Nathan throws the car into reverse and pushes down the gas. And so the trip finally begins.

But it's not too exciting right now. As Nathan makes his way out of your home town and towards the interstate highway, perhaps you see a friend and wave. Good time to say goodbye to the various places you won't be seeing for a good while. Other than that, though, there's not much to do but wait and look out at the scenery you've seen a million times before.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron calmly watched as Nathan Glared at him, Not seeming the slightest bit affected by the look he just received, and held his tongue in spite of the myriad of witty retorts that danced tantalizingly through his consciousness.

Arguing now would lead to nothing, besides, everything will work out in the end.

"So who here besides me is sober, anyhow, and who feels like doing something to fix that problem?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Well I'm not really sober, but I'm always willing to lend a hand for a friend in need.
    Sam says, pulling out a bowl.
    You want to pack the first bowl of the trip?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2009-02-24 at 12:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron

Aaron pulls out a bag and a stainless steel grinder, puts part of the contents of the bag into the grinder and sets to work grinding it. After a few moment's time Aaron sets the grinder down and removes the lid to take a look at the results of his work. Apparently satisfied, Aaron takes the offered bowl and starts filling it from the grinder. Once the bowl is filled he takes it and offers it, along with a Zippo lighter, to Sam.

"You want first hit?
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-02-24 at 12:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Sam grins.
    Always the gentleman huh?
    She takes a hit before passing it back to Aaron.
    Mmm, that hits the spot.
    She says amid the newly formed haze.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron chuckles at Sam's comment before taking a draw off the bowl, holding his breath for as long as possible afterward before exhaling and adding to the haze. After glancing around the Bus for other people willing to partake, he hands the bowl back to Sam.
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-02-24 at 12:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Nathan Summers

"You offering to show me?" Nathan said, giving off a laugh at Sam before taking off down the road. It wasn't long after they left that they were already hitting the weed.

"Yo man, give me som o' that ganja, me brethen." Nathan said, glancing back and putting on his best faux Jamaican accent.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaron chuckled. Nothing like a bowl amongst friends to soothe wounded egos. Glancing over at Sam and grinning, Aaron replies.

"Dun ask me, dude, I'm not the one that's got it anymore. I made the mistake of giving it back to Sam.....You'll have to ask her nicely for it."
    Last edited by Alalme; 2009-02-24 at 03:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Misty

This trip was doing her, she could tell it already. They barely left and already she couldn't stop smiling. Maybe it was the company, maybe it was the fact that for the first time in her life she was really leaving home. Maybe it was a little bit of both.

When Sam pulls out a pipe, she gives her a questioning look. And when Aaron and Sam start participating in what seems like an elaborate ritual, she can't help but cringe a little. Not that she hasn't saw this happening before, but right here and now? Not that Nathan and Aaron speaking with Jamaican accent wasn't hillarious, but really. Couldn't they wait for at least a little longer? She just gives them an uneasy look, not sure that voicing her concerns openly would be a wise idea.
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2009-02-24 at 03:50 AM.