New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    59 degrees F.

It's a lovely 20 F here now, with a slight breeze. I left my coat at home.
    I was right, but only because it's so cold here...if it had been above zero maybe I just would have snarky words with him...

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Is it just me, or has the number of active playgrounders seem to be shrinking?

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    It waxes and wanes. Just wait a bit.
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #484

Work, school, winter, these things take their toll.

Just not on me, but then again I have no social life, so...

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nah, don't listen to them. It is all you. You have frightened them off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

School's letting back in; us kids have less free time because of it.

...well except the ones that use here to procrastinate.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Work, school, winter, these things take their toll.

Just not on me, but then again I have no social life, so...
    Join the club. We have jackets.
    Jacket

8. - Top - End - #488

Join the club. We have jackets.
    Jacket
    Thanks, I needed another layer...

...freakin' window cubicle...

9. - Top - End - #489
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks, I needed another layer...

...freakin' window cubicle...
    I have my own office with a window (haha, cubicle drones!). I also have a space heater under my desk. The downside is that literally RIGHT NEXT to my desk, there's a closet where I store my extra supplies and stuff, and it feels like walking into a freezer. No idea why, maybe poor insulation or something? But an ice-cold draft breezes out of there all say, so I have to keep my heater CRANKED!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I have my own office with a window (haha, cubicle drones!). I also have a space heater under my desk. The downside is that literally RIGHT NEXT to my desk, there's a closet where I store my extra supplies and stuff, and it feels like walking into a freezer. No idea why, maybe poor insulation or something? But an ice-cold draft breezes out of there all say, so I have to keep my heater CRANKED!
    My office is under a pair of skylights, and isn't particularly cold. However, it is wide open and my back is to my two bosses' office doors. So they can easily see what I'm doing (internets and such) and I have a hard time knowing when they will be walking out until it's usually too late.

How I got busted, luckily, I'm on break now so I can post this.

I wish I had my own office, so I could be on the internets without constant fear.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

*offers to warm Dirky up*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    My office is under a pair of skylights, and isn't particularly cold. However, it is wide open and my back is to my two bosses' office doors. So they can easily see what I'm doing (internets and such) and I have a hard time knowing when they will be walking out until it's usually too late.

I wish I had my own office, so I could be on the internets without constant fear.
    Don't we all. Of course, I think my bedroom counts as an office of my own.
    (No one is allowed in and I only have to leave to eat and to go to the bathroom)
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

13. - Top - End - #493

Feel that? That's me thinking mean things at you.

My cube is right by the giant windows that make up around half of the wall, meaning that all the heat escapes and leaves me more or less cold all freakin' day...

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

This blast of arctic air that everyone in the midwest is whining about? We had it last week. And the week before that. And the week before that. Only up here it was -50 degrees. Having just spent a couple of weeks praying it would warm up to -30, I am failing to muster much sympathy for you folks.

Of course, now that the weather has broken, it is unseasonably warm. We are basking in weather that is right around freezing. It is lovely. Thanks, guys, for taking that cold snap off our hands.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #495

If I ever stopped complaining just because there was someone worse off then I'd never be able to complain...neither would you...or anyone else but that poor sap that truly is on the bottom of the barrel.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, 10 minutes left until I go to class.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Feel that? That's me thinking mean things at you.

My cube is right by the giant windows that make up around half of the wall, meaning that all the heat escapes and leaves me more or less cold all freakin' day...
    I had fun while still having my internship. In, warm, all day long, mixing hand creams and similar things. On a rare occasions that would get too warm I'd open a window, so I could get some fresh air.

So I guess what I'm trying to say... I don't envy you.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I ever stopped complaining just because there was someone worse off then I'd never be able to complain...neither would you...or anyone else but that poor sap that truly is on the bottom of the barrel.
    True, but does that make it any less satisfying to mock you?

No, no, I don't think it does.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

19. - Top - End - #499

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLikeLemons View Post

Psh, I'll get mine, just you wait

Soon it will be warm again, and we'll see who's laughing.

...and it'll probably still be you, but at least I'll be warm! So NYAH!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, last year the boiler broke down in school, that was cold, but this year's good, we even have central heating at home now

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm off to class. See you in 40-50 minutes.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLikeLemons View Post

It's always fun to mock Cristo!

23. - Top - End - #503

It's always fun to mock Cristo!
    The only thing I take solace in is that, at least, I'm not you

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh, BURN. =P

And Lemons, how do you expect some of us to compete? Tomorrow's low of 19 is near unheard of down here. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

I get to the classroom, discover no one is there and then I remember.

Class was canceled (that is what it said on the syllabus and I'm sticking with it).

26. - Top - End - #506

Class was canceled (that is what it said on the syllabus and I'm sticking with it).
    *snort*

One of those days, right?

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

*snort*

One of those days, right?
    Still, the best bit was seeing to looks on people's faces when they realized I was actually a werew...wearing my lightest jacket, open, and only a T-shirt underneath.

The windchill is almost -20.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

I got up once at 3 AM and was getting ready to go to school when mom woke up and sent me back to bed.

My first and last documented case of sleepwalking. I don't want to know what I've been doing on times that weren't documented...
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Banned

I think someone needs to get a wide-angle rear-view mirror installed as part of a "cubicle decoration". Ask your wife to base something cutesy around it so they can't deny you permission to hang up the painstakingly hand-crafted decoration from home.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I got up once at 3 AM and was getting ready to go to school when mom woke up and sent me back to bed.

My first and last documented case of sleepwalking. I don't want to know what I've been doing on times that weren't documented...
    As far as I've been told, the only problem I have when I sleep is that I talk in my sleep. Not just random things either, you could have a proper conversation with me when I'm asleep.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle