Equipment
    Cell Phone
    Binoculars
    Backpack
    Canned food (4 days)
    Multitool
    Sleeping Bag
    Ski Mask (not wearing)
    Class I Armor (essentially a sweater vest)
    SIG P220 9mm pistol. d6x4 damage. 9 rounds/clip. (0 clips)
    AK-47 7.62mm assault rifle. D8x5 damage. 30 rounds/clip. (60 bullets–2 clips)

Richard Farragut looks at himself in the mirror as he slides the straight razor across the shaving cream on his cheeks– the stubble of his rough red beard. His eyes are sunken in, their once vibrant green pools have turned gray, and the bags beneath them grow more pronounced daily.

‘Everybody had it tough in the 80’s’ he thinks to himself. ‘Ronald Reagan, the cold war, Michael Jackson, cocaine. It was a weird time for everybody.’ He puts the razor away, and wipes away the shaving cream. The light in the house is out. It’s daytime, but very little light shines through the cracks in the boarded up windows. The sofa has been propped against the door. The television is on, spewing static. ‘It wasn’t so bad for me. Italian cars. French food. American women.’ He pauses, and uses a little water to brush his teeth, wondering how long before the electricity goes out, and with it, the water. ‘I didn’t have it much worse than anybody’ he thinks.

‘But then, there were the car bombs.’

‘ The Russian explosives. Syrian guns. The Columbian drugs…’ The explosions, the shootings, the kidnappings, the murders. The torn and dull posters. The speeches in back alleys. The plotting in dark rooms and in dark pubs. The men with scars across their faces. Making bombs in basements, his hands always smelling of gunpowder… The children holding a gun for the first time...’

He finishes brushing his teeth. His fingers twitch for the gun lying on the sink as a lumbering body slams against the door, a hand pressing against the glass of a window. He couldn’t stay here for long. He couldn’t last another nightfall. He’d have to leave, and soon. His gear is already packed.

“Yeah…” Richard says out loud, to everybody in the world, although he is alone. “The 80’s were tough for everybody.”

(P.S. I figure the British government has more to worry about now than washed up terrorists, so I lowered the drawback value, same reason why I lowered the quality for IRA contacts. P.S. ‘Seduction’ automatically comes with any Irish character)

Richard Farragut
    Richard Farragut slows the car as he watches the flare arc across the sky. He draws the car carefully to the side of the road and opens the door. He lays prone on the embankment, and holds binoculars to his eyes, quietly watching near the source of the flare and praying to see somebody that isn't shambling.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2009-02-12 at 08:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: All Flesh Must Be Eaten Survival Game

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice:(1d10+4)[14]
    hey guys, I made some noob-posting mistake and my roll didnt go through, I removed it and am posting it again. Just to reiterate, Im not trying to fudge my rolls or anything. Right. Soarry about that. Oh, and ZM, modifier for binoculars is up to you. Rulebook seems vague on them.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mashimoto

You park the car off the side of the vague dirt path that leads through the fields. Through your binoculars you see two men standing on the deck of a small boat washed ashore on the beach. One is holding an axe in one hand but seems to be missing the other. The second is wearing expensive looking summer clothes and is holding a flare gun. Also on the beach you spot four bodies with footprints leading from the boat to a small boarded up beach house. The four bodies have clear bullet holes in their skulls.
    Dub Club in the Playground
    I need a new signature.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    Nice char Mashimoto! Looks like we have a blaster.

I liked your BG.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Richard Farragut
    Richard sees the survivors, and the shipwreck. The rouse would be too elaborate to be a simple trap. They probably weren't hostile. He steps back into the car and begins driving toward the beach. When he is within yelling distance, he steps out of the car. Forming his hands into a megahorn, he yells to them.

"Just another day at the beach, eh lads? Looks like a perfect Irish swell, no?"

6. - Top - End - #216

Nathan

After reading the stuff on the internet, Nathan is taken aback, and still is quite shocked. After the initial scare passed, though, he got up.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

7. - Top - End - #217

Demetrius North

"Thanks man, yeah I got her." Demetrius says, lifting his girl up on his back and peaking outside. He looks back at Nathan right quick before saying, "Hey, I wonder if they wanted us to go out and meet them when we were done here. You coming?"

8. - Top - End - #218

Nathan

"Nah, I'm pretty sure we should wait for them to get back. But if they don't come back in, say, 10 minutes, we go."

9. - Top - End - #219

Demetrius North

"Sounds good, bro." He offered back and lowered his girl into a chair near the door before annoying looking over Nathan's shoulder.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Yeah, wanna go for a swim? Why don't you come over here so we can talk instead of yelling?"
    Allen begins to climb off the boat to meet this new person on the beach sliding his gun into it's holster (although leaving the safety off).

OOC
    Hey Mash, I think you mean to write that you had one clip for your pistol? Because right now it says you have none? Which would mean no bullets?
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2009-02-13 at 06:54 AM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

Richard Farragut

Richard Farragut begins the descent to the beach. He is wearing an assortment of fatigues and civilian clothes- an old army jacket over a faded t-shirt and a pair of military pants. Across his back, an AK-47 is slung like a wild-west lawman, and a pistol juts out from a holster in his belt. His unkempt hair cuts across his face, and he wears a red beret with a patch long-removed.

"Yanks?" he says to them, noticing Allen's accent. "Well, I suppose it could be worse...you could all be French. And Id love to go for a swim...being eaten by a shark is somehow lower on my list of dangers than it was a week ago." When he reaches them, he smiles and extends his hand. "The name's Richard," he says. "Richard Farragut. Pleased to meet you. I wish we could have more of an Irish introduction but..." his extends the thumb and pinky of his other hand and holds them to his mouth, as if taking a drink. "Drank it all yesterday."

OOC: Yeah, Jack. I meant to say I have one clip and 0 bullets. Is the ZM okay with it?
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2009-02-13 at 03:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Yeah, a toast for not getting eaten yet. So, where did you get those?" Allen says, gesturing towards the guns. "I was under the impression they didn't want firearms in a country where everyone spends most of their time drunk."
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Richard Farragut
    "Oh, this? I've been saving it for a rainy day. Good thing I did, it's really pouring now, wouldnt'ya say?"

14. - Top - End - #224

RedWizardGuy

Mark Lopes

Mark followed Allen to the beach when the car stopped, making sure to pick up the flare with the last charge. After taking a good look at the newcomer, he talks.

"Yep, nice to meet you. Can't say I'm not happy to see a heavily armed fellow in a deserted beach, and a week ago you bet I wouldn't be. Mind if I use a bit of your space?"
    He asks showing the wine bottle, the axe and the flare, and then pointing to the car.

"We have more people with us in the house, including one wounded girl. Transportation would be most welcome." Mark glances at the car again.

OOC
    Yesterday my internet went bat**** insane and I couldn't check the game. But now I'm back.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Richard Farragut
    "Oh yeah, of course, mate. Only, land isn't quite safest way to travel anymore. I'm guessing this boat is pretty much decommissioned, but none of you'd happen to be sailors, wouldya? Also, how many are ya? It might be a tight squeeze. How wounded is the girl? What happened to her? An' Im sorry to be askin' so many questions after we just met, but d'you have a destination, or just want a ride...anywhere?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Allen Crawford
    "Yeah, there's a guy inside that has some bright idea of a safe place to get to. We were going to try to make a run for it before dark, and that car would keep the time from getting down to the wire. We've got another five inside. I doubt it would be comfortable to cram into the car, but I think we could do it. Hell, I've seen ten illegal immigrants pour out of a car barely that size."

17. - Top - End - #227

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    I think this is relevant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLlFd5KVoqQ

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Richard Farragut
    "Well, I don't suppose we have a better plan at the moment. I have a place to go- some people to see. If they're still there, it might be safe, or, what passes for safe these days, at least. The only problem...it's on the other side of town, and the only way there is through. If we go around, we might not make it there by nightfall."

19. - Top - End - #229

OOC

You guys ok to continue on in character or do you want me to flash forward a little?
    Also, Galliun, I have more info that your character found out on the internet but cant's seem to get around to typing it all up. Would you be against me giving you small chunks at a time?
    I need a new signature.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Richard Farragut

"Does that computer-thing work? I've been looking for one of those for a long time...Can you still get on the internet? You know, every epoch of human history has a resource it bases its survival on. Stones and bronze and iron and industry and oil and nuclear power...well, we're the information age. That's the most valuable resource right now, information. We need as much as we can get. The internet won't stay alive forever, but we got to make sure we still have information. Can you download information onto your laptop? You know, to print off later? I want you to get information on everything, everything! I wanna know how to weld, purify urine, I want to know how to fix a car, backwards and front, I want to know how to rebuild civilization with scrap metal. I want everything, and the first thing you need to look up is how to charge a laptop with a car battery."

OOC: I just wanted to say this early on, Jimp. After this, Im good to flash forward as far as you wanna take us.

21. - Top - End - #231

OOC: All for a flash.

22. - Top - End - #232

OOC

MAN, finally. Spent two days not being able to connect to this site at all, but now it's back.

Jimp, I don't mind that at all =)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC
    A flash forward would be highly acceptable.

24. - Top - End - #234

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

OOC
    Ok then, flash forward it is. You guys just need to decide where you are going next: go to the nearby safehouse, rush to the other side of the island or go somewhere else.

Also Galliun sorry about the delay for getting you that info. As soon as I can man, I swear
    I need a new signature.

26. - Top - End - #236

OOC

Hahah, it's cool, man. As long as you mantain the quality, take your time =)

Anyway, I vote on the safehouse.

27. - Top - End - #237

RedWizardGuy

OOC
    I think safehouse as well.
    Last edited by Deimos_; 2009-02-20 at 06:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

I'm with everybody else, safehouse it is.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC
    Safehouse ftw

30. - Top - End - #240

OOC: Safehooouse.