New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC2

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Slate IC2

Akteron

Akteron sat at at the Isle of Souls and pondered the Gateway. His power was gathering, and starting to pool around the Isle. The Winter storms he summoned still raged, and would do so for millennium more. The only safe way into the Isle was by way of the bridge, which kept the normal temperature. Many things were coming to a head now, many things feeding him power. The dreams of all living creatures were his. Across the land, monasteries and libraries raised his awareness. Even the seasons, slowing turning, added a little. He was on the verge of something great.....
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Systems online headmaster, ready for your command.

And when the trolls called out for help, our might was lent to destroy the enemy wholly.

Yes, headmaster, a great piece for the archives.

Yes, ready all ships, target, Jin'Karthaid.

Yes Sir, Headmaster.

Jin'Karthaid

Just when all hope seemed lost to the trolls, a blinding flash of light came out of the sky, and five thousand crystalline objects entered the fray.

BY THE MIGHTY ZAL'THAIDI EMPIRE, LANDS OF THE FROST TROLL CONCLAVE, I ORDER ALL OF YOU TO END YOUR HARM OF THE KARTHAIDI TROLLS, AT ONCE!!! IF NOT, THEN THE USE OF DIVINE-EMPOWERED FORCE WILL BE USED INDISCRETELY!!

The weapons systems were charging as the head ship was speaking.

River Trolls

Though the trek was long and dangerous, the mighty river trolls arrived. Pouring into the city of Jin'Karthaid, they slaughtered countless undead before the first troll fell. Blades rent flesh of their former kin, and soon only half of the undead were left.

Animal gods

The divinely empowered lords of beasts found opening the belly of the great serpent to be difficult, but they did so, none the less. The lords of animalkind poured out of the beasts belly in droves, coming down upon the Erdas once again. The tides had turned in the trolls favor, as the powerful Jotun were already called in, crushing battalions of Erads in a footstep. They were on the winning side again, and were going to be for the rest of this war.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir, the Waste of the Iron Kings

Moghor had moved his throne to Godshall, where he was closer to his main source of power, the pit of souls. He sat there, frozen, as if he was in a coma. Only, if his body looked lifeless, his brain was really much active.

My time has come. I have to thank you for this.

"Shut up! You're no one! I am doing this by myself. This is my dream coming true!

Now, now....you're hurting my feeling.

"Shut up!"

Do you really think you could have done all of this without me? When Kuto told you your place in the universe, you were confused, afraid. You feared for your own life. You didn't know how to stop the inevitable: the end of the world! That's when you sought to become more powerful. And you drew more and more evil to your soul...like a magnet. Seeing the mistake in your ways, you sought to create, to bring new life into the world, thinking that it would buy you a bit of time. You asked the other gods to join forces and forge an alliance...but it failed.

Well, of course it failed! One part of your soul was against the idea. I was against the idea. For each action, there is a reaction. For each act of creation, an act of destruction. I AM destruction. While you assisted the Erdas and allowed them to progress technologically, I manipulated the Redunkeep Avengers to cause havoc. The undead infestations, the wars... As a result, you were torn apart. But instead of opposing me, you went along with it...because you felt like it was your only chance at survival. You were probably wrong about that, after all.

"I am in control! I am able to keep you in check. The proof is that I am building an utopia! I am preserving my legacy and nothing you can do will change that."

Did you ever once think that you were but a tool? I am the one that convinced you that the ancient world was finished. It was I who made the ley lines. At first, it seemed like they were giving you more power over creation, right? In fact, they are holding the planet together, but at the same time, draining it's energy. Once I have harnessed enough energy, I will remove the ley lines. What do you think will happen then? Hahahaha...

You're right about one thing. The mortals will be better off in the Waste than on that dying planet...only slightly better, however, as I will not make it into an utopia, but a hellish world! Our worshipers are to be brought here to serve as our eternal slaves!

"That is insane. You want to destroy all my work!

I will make all things better, trust me. I will purge you...I will become an unstoppable force, a true Divinity. You wouldn't know what to do with all this power anyway. Be ready. You are about to face...oblivion.

To the outside world, the sleeping King looked peaceful, but, already he was changing...

--------------------------

Totolkan and Vrrn (or so I assume)

Totolkan turned to face the newcomer.

"- Another futile attempt at my life?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-14 at 05:52 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vrrn and Totolkan

Totolkan knew someone was there, but he couldn't see Vrrn. Then, hanging upside-down by his toes on a low branch, Vrrn let himself swing around behind the modified Jakaru.

Might say that, if you insist on being difficult. From what I understand, Moghor is bringing in some form of apocolypse that will "cleanse the world" or some such garbage.

Totoklan noticed that various seals had been placed on the portals, keeping fire drakes and elementals from escaping into the mortal world for the time being. If he was supposed to fight this spirit, he couldn't rely on distractions from hordes of underlings.

Vrrn dropped down silently and ballanced on one hand, the rest of his body suspended in the air.

Care to dance, Toto?
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-14 at 06:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Totolkan and Vrrn

Totolkan watched as Vrrn "danced around".

"- I remember you from Moghor's tournament. You are Vrrn. As you have been working at the Library, you must know who I am."

The jakaru slowly walked towards him. A long and thin needle sprung out of his arm.

"- I have seen the insides of countless creatures. You look especially interesting. Shall we see what you hold? Tell me...what's your essence like?"

6. - Top - End - #126

Vrrn

Faster than anything he had ever seen before, Vrrn suddenly had his legs wrapped around Totoklan's neck. With his long hands, he quickly rolled a few hefty slaps on the top of the Jakaru's head and sprang of, delivering a kick to the back of the chimera's skull. It didn't hurt that much, for Totoklan was made of some pretty sturdy stuff, but it was more than a little humiliating.

Won't find much with that needle, I'm afraid, but ink and dust. Would you belive that my essence tastes a bit like black licorice?

He raised two fingers, and a tiny arc of purple electrity struck Totolkan in the small of the back.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-14 at 06:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Totolkan

Totolkan quickly analyzed the magical energy patterns in the area. Suddenly, Vrrn felt a burning sensation (if Vrrn cannot feel at all, ignore this) as the jakaru weaved a tangled web made of raw magic around his body. He then made a gesture with his right hand and Vrrn was thrown off his back unto the ground, as if he was holding him in an invisible net.

"- Not bad. Your lightning would have left a scratch, if not for my resistance."

In fact, the purple electricity did hurt him, but the burn marks had all vanished.

"- I wonder, what ability will I use next? Ah, I've got it."

Without a word, Totolkan cast his spell and his body was surrounded by intense flames.

Spoiler
    Show
    The "magical net" effect is easy to dispel.

8. - Top - End - #128

Vrrn

Totolkan could hear a "whupping" sound as Vrrn muttered an incantation. The spell dispersed and Vrrn quickly back-flipped off the ground, sprang of a tree and landed in front of the Jakaru. Another motion of the hands and the flames disappeared with a shattering sound.

Nice trick. Perhaps it might have worked if I wasn't, oh, I dunno, better at that stuff than you are?

The spirit began barraging the Jakaru with blow after blow with escalating speed. Totolkan could shrug off the blows and parry others due to his nature, but any counter attack he threw was almost instantly parried and the flurry of blows continued.

Vrrn's arm shot out and, two long fingers found their way past the Jakaru's lips. He felt something hard and round slide down his throat and Vrrn jumped back, acrobatically swinging of a branch and landing a good ways off. At first, the Jakaru couldn't feel anything.

The bead exploded and green fire shot out of every orifice the Jakaru had.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't expect this to take Totolkan out due to his resilient and regenerative nature, but it sure wont be forgotten soon.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Totolkan

Totolkan feel on one knee. His body was still smoking from Vrrn's last devastating attack. Yet, he seemed to have partially recovered as he absorbed energy from the earth.

"- Interesting. I will soon learn how to replicate this attack. Now...if I remember correctly, you said you were partly made from dust, am I right?"

The jakaru jumped right next to Vrrn with the grace of a grig. He held the creature with his right hand, which was now glowing with a red light. It caused the pieces of parchment covering this part of his body to crumble.

"- Right. Dust."

10. - Top - End - #130

Oh, please you silly man. Everything dry can be dust. Bone dust, flower dust, pixie dust, it doesn't have to be dirt dust...

The parchment suddenly unraveled and flew out in every direction. Totolkan was holding an amorphous black mass that shot several goopy tendrils at him. They shot straight through him, leaving nothing but a dark stain, and Vrrn reformed behind him, squatting on a branch.

The black stains began to burn as if a poison was spreading through him. Vrrn cocked his head and scrutinized Moghor's chosen one.

Mighty fine necklace you have there. The Torc of Kings that Moghor made, if I am not mistaken. Read about it once or twice. Explains why you aren't dead yet. What do you say we increase the stakes, hmm?

Vrrn cupped his hands and yelled into the forests.

Inoh! You can show yourself now!

A the light was sucked out of the air and, in a second, it returned. Totolkan turned around and found himself face to face with a massive, hairy spider with round glowing red eyes. Clacking it's fangs, it spoke in a chilling voice.

Thought you'd never ask...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Totolkan

Totolkan focused. There had to be one ability that could fix this...even if it was not a normal "poison". Ah, there, he found it!

"- I understand now. You sought to buy time for your friend."

The jakaru turned around. His body was now cleansed. He looked at the shadow spirit for a few seconds and then jumped on the ground.

"- I, too, have some hidden ressources."

Totolkan opened one of his palms, in which he held a tiny black crystal. He took it and pierced his other arm with it. His eyes instantly turned the color of the crystal.

At the same time, somewhere else in the Trollgroves, the titan Moloch the Destroyer drew his last breath. His corpse fell to the ground and turned to rock.

"- I await your next move."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-14 at 09:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Trollgroves

The spider clacked it's fangs once more.

Are you kidding? I could have appeared at any time... Vrrn was just showing off like he usually does. Buying time is what we're doing right now.

*CRACK*

Totolkan had let himself become distracted. Vrrn had delivered a powerful kick to the back of the Jakaru's head while the giant spider scurried up the trees. As he recovered, he was facing Vrrn. Vrrn took up a defensive stance. Then Inoh fell on Totoklan with a resounding thud. Inoh kept on going, turning into a black goopy puddle and reformed next to Vrrn. The archiver jumped onto the shadow spirit and unraveled a roll of parchment from his arm and began the incantation.

The polar ray struck Totolkan. It didn't hurt the jakaru very much, but the ground was covered in a thick layer of ice that reached halfway up the jakaru's shins

Meanwhile, the spider had leapt up the trees again.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Totolkan

"- Magic tricks. Pfft."

Totolkan spread his arms and the ground shook. Suddenly, a bunch of bones appeared swirling around the jakaru. Then, dark clouds formed over his head and a wind of hurricane speed began to blow over the region. The floating bones assembled to form two giant worm-like creatures (think huge bone nagas) which "swam" at full speed towards the two creatures. They bite, claw and strangulate. The wind is also charged with necrotic energy.

Meanwhile, the ice started melting.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a powerful spell, not just conjuring two monsters. The worms keep switching between this attack mode and a defensive mode where they turn into a tornado and gather more bones from the ground to replace those they lost in the fight.

-----------------------------

Elsewhere in the world

Moghor gave some of his clerics all over the planet the ability to open portals to the Waste of the Iron Kings. People of all races that have already been converted to the worship of the Earthlord are pressed to leave their homes and join them in Moghor's haven. Even in Sanctuary, citizens fear for their lives as the clerics announce that the trolls now have an armada capable of destroying their city and are ready to use it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor act: Stone archs leading to the Waste of the Iron Kings appear in all regions where Moghor has some influence. Those are temporary.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-14 at 10:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

It was time. The power had been growing, and was now too great to contain. Time to change. And so he did. The power of hopes and dreams, thoughts and skill....all these formed a pattern of Power around Akteron. As he changed into something somehow both greater and lesser then he had been, bits of that power escaped. Across the land, those asleep dreampt dreams of what could have been, what might have been. Those awake found themselves pondering what-ifs. Craftsmen across the world found that today, their work was perfect. Shadows dances across the land, and the sun shines brightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    +1 DvR to 16 (3 major).
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-02-15 at 12:07 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir, Mount Redunkeep

It was time. High Cleric Felaar fled the battlefield and returned to his base on Mount Redunkeep. He arrived in the ancient temple dedicated to Volkano inside the keep. There, dozens of faithful and himself initiated a daring ritual. Felaar kneeled before a bowl of ash and chanted a prayer.

"- My Lord, we have laid waste to the lands of the unbelievers. We have brought back ash from all corners of the world. We lit countless ceremonial fires. Today, we will give our lives so you may be reborn and come back to lead our people.

All hail the god Volkano!"

As the high cleric finished his sentence, a great earthquake hit the keep and the World Serpent bursted out of the ground.

"Felaar! You have served me well. But I lied to you. Volkano will never come back. I have absorbed his essence long ago.

All those efforts, for nothing! Well, not for nothing. Your prayers have given me strength. Thanks to you, I will finally be able to ascend."

Felaar stepped back.

"- I cannot believe this!"

"Why despair? I will grant you your wish. I will take your lives and your souls. That's not all...you will also have the chance to see what a TRUE GOD looks like, as you witness my transformation!"

The wyrm began to burn as he absorbed pure power. He grew and grew and took on a horrible form. The god let out a scream and caused a cataclysmic explosion that rocked the foundations of Mount Redunkeep. Seconds later, the great volcano collapsed on itself and buried all of its inhabitants.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 major acts to increase DvR to 16
    1 minor act to blow up Mount Redunkeep
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-15 at 10:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Trollgroves

Vrrn swore softly. He currently lacked the resources to dispatch these things quickly, and there was still the matter of dealing with Totolkan.

Inoh, do you mind taking over for me?

Not at all.

Vrrn jumped down and landed silently. Small, curved black blades appeared in both of his palms.

Meanwhile, Inoh faced the two bone creatures and shot a jet of dark purple fire at one of them. The creature halted as it was completely engulfed, but emrged unscathed. The thing shuddered, taking on a faint purple glow before blindly attacking its partner.

Totoklan could hear several sounds that had been previously swallowed by the forest, now that he wasn't fending off Vrrn's attacks. Cracks and shrieks of what sounded like fire drakes and elementals, petrified trees falling over and shattering...he even noticed that his portals were slowly shrinking.

Then he realized. This drawn-out scuffle with these spirit creatures was nothing more than a diversion!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Someone is breaking anything that looks like it might be related to Totolkan's rituial. As for Inoh, One of his roles among other things was supposed to be to neutralize Moloch and his undead hordes.

-----------
    Nokumo

The ascended gods could now see Nokumo in the void. He was diligently writing in a massive tome. Next to him floated a simple silver tray holding cookies and other sugary refreshments. The god didn't even look up as he lifted a thin arm and began pushing the keys of an ornate typewriter.

You have come. Very good. Pelase, help yourself to the refreshments.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the cookies took 42 years to bake.

17. - Top - End - #137

Zuli, angered beyond all anger

The lord of the forests decided that the gods were too destructive now. He used his divine power to rip all the land with forests on them up from the world, return the souls of those killed by the invaders to life, and leave the world for the world above, a massive forest floating in the the nether, guarded by a sphere of force, called the Allforest. All trolls lived there, and it was far enough away from everyone to leave them alone. It was paradise at last.

Zuli, however, wasn't done with the world below. He laughed as oxygen was depleted, as the forests were the biggest producers of the life-giving air. All below were having difficulties to breath. The other plants would have to work doubletime if they wanted to keep the world's air supply stable. He was done with the world below, but not with godhood.

Spoiler
    Show
    6 majors, 2 to each to do the following: 1) Take all the forests and bring them into the space above, protected by a magic bubble, 2) Return all troll souls to that place alive, He has an afterlife for them, and now he's redirecting them, 3) bring all trolls, living or dead, to the protected forest, which also has all the animals that were in them in it.
    Last edited by Mike_the_Mystic; 2009-02-15 at 04:48 PM.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Totolkan

"- I see."

While hordes of undead, including some Chilling Bones, emerged from the depths of the forest to engage Inoh, Totolkan took out a sea green crystal and used it to pierce his skin. Having absorbed Lilith's life force, the jakaru doubled in size.

He launched some sort of bomb at them. Once it hit the ground, it shattered into a thousand incredibly sharp pieces of divine metal that flew in the direction of the two spirits. Totolkan then teleported to see what was happening at the site of the spire.

-----------------------------

Moghor Rezamir

A firestorm raged in the void near Nokumo's "dwelling". A giant face was discernable among the flames. There was Moghor Rezamir, empowered by the chaos on Earth and the thousands of souls that were fleeing to his domain.

Meanwhile, in the world below

Colossi refugees have reported the sighting of a strange man in the vicinity of their camp. They swear that they saw a gargantuan humanoid with purple hair standing on the slope of the mountain. He looked similar to a colossus, yet he was different; he seemed majestic and powerful, yet not of this world. They yelled to get his attention, but they didn't get any answer from him. He vanished shortly after.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major act to make teleportation to and from the Waste of the Iron Kings impossible. The portals created earlier are an exception.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

The sudden disappearance of forests cost dearly to the Kind Mother. Her daughters, the Dryads, were decimated. Only two "families" survived :
    • The Sanctuary Covent, a group of dryads who, if they still worshiped Xiren, were now ready to work with the Earth-bound alliance to create a peaceful world, at least until the Fey Folk get back on its feet.
    • The followers of the Swamp Mistress, a mysterious cabal which had settled near the Tree of Decay and was now slowly expanding its territory while corrupting the sprite society from the inside.

Measures had to be taken.
    Using her newly found power over rains, Xiren decided to alter the world again, to twist its climate so it would build upon Zuli's exile.

Except for the Swamp and the Sea, no other area received a single drop of water, as the rains just wouldn't fall, building up as the clouds traveled to the Swamp or the Sea to finally unload.

Such a "water blockade", however, was still beyond Xiren's power and short rains eventually felt everywhere, though they were too rare for agriculture to be possible.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act to focus the rains on the Swamp and the Sea, making most of the world a desert, except for the coastal regions (and the swamp).

City of the Depths

The underwater empire of the Fey Folk had been hit hard.
    Xiren had never expected the Naïades and Kappas to be anything but a weapon against Humans and Nagas and after the "Isle of Souls" case, they were to be discarded like any broken tool.

However, the recent events with Zuli just got them promoted. After all, better than any of her creations, they had achieve power. It would take them a few more decades before reaching the level the Dryad Kingdom had enjoyed at its height but they were doing well...if one forgot the last military disaster.

There, hiding among the octopus-like fairies and their frog-like minions, the Blood Flower's avatar was ready to channel her mistress's wishes.

Chaos is a adaptable thing. It may not be organized and sometime a bit blunt but, for those who can survive its capricious nature, it's a wonderful tool. And it was a tool that Xiren gave to her children. Like a pregnant mother, the avatar moaned as her body was twisted by raw dark magic, growing and taking grotesque shapes as "the child" fought to live. Finally, after months of struggle, in one liberating scream, the avatar gave birth...to a perfectly shaped pearl, its surface shining with rainbow light.

But this fair appearance was only a decoy. As Naïades approached the incarnated goddess, the avatar died, her whole essence absorbed by her spawn. Hesitating at first, one of the fairies eventually dared to touch the pearl...and her wildest dreams came true : as if the avatar's palace had never existed, it was suddenly changed into a twisted fortress, ten times larger than the existing one. Every single piece of architecture was a living organism, a plant perfectly adapted to its purpose. The magical whirlwind kept transforming the City of the Depths, mutating existing algae to fit the Naïade's dreams.

By the end of the day, the City of the Depths was two times larger. The initial magical burst began to weaken but the Pearly Spawn kept working, working pretty much like the Mutating Seed once had but for the flora only.

In the following decade, the Naïades, with their usual moderate nature, were able to reach an agreement, so that each of the octopus-like fairies would have her turn to twist reality into her dreams. While the Mutating Seed of the legends had been a wild, barely controlled tool of chaos, the Pearly Spawn became the very center of the biotechnology that the City of the Depths adopted.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Major Act to create an artifact : the Pearly Spawn, a epic magical item which can alter plants into great lengths, so that they can be used as tools, buildings, weapons, ect...
    Sacrifice of the Avatar to give the Pearly Spawn additional magical power (and also because I have no more use for the avatar and don't want her to rule the Fey Folk directly).
    1 Minor Act to allow the Naïades to understand the biotechnology.

20. - Top - End - #140

[b]Ex-Trollgroves: What forest?[b]

Inoh Jumped down from his tree when it began to shoot up into the air. With a long, hairy leg, he defly swept aside a mass of lesser undead. Vrrn erected a web of destructive energy between them and the shards of metal, turning them into fine dust as they passed through.

Inoh crushed another group of undead under his hairy abdomen.

"What just happened?"

Vrrn climbed on top of the spider's head.

We lost. Come, let us follow him.

"Just like that? But we were winning..."

The giant spider plowed through the advancing undead and scuttled off across the barren landscape.

------------------------------
    Spire

Totolkan saw that the tower was leaning to one side, the ground around it cracked and upturned. Leaning on the structure, absolutely monstrous, leaned what looked like a dirt-brown turtle like humanoid with a wide sloping shell. It was Tokka.

It looked like the tower was almost ready to fall over. It would have if Tokka had worked on it a bit longer, but he had stoped to stare after the trees that had developed a sudden repulsion to the ground.

Well, what do you say to that. You got what you wanted, hmm? Is it everything you had hoped for?

The land was absolutely barren and devestated. There was no moisture, nothing decorating the landscape and loose dust blowing every which way.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Spire

Totolkan watched as the elementals and firedrakes turned back and the portal collapsed on itself.

"- Zuli has finished the work, that is the only explanation. But I don't care about this place. My master awaits me in our perfect world."

The jakaru took out a key made of obsidian and created a magic door. As soon as he walked through it, he vanished along with it. Alchaeus arrived on the scene only a few moments later.

"- Tokka, you are here too?

It appears that the Titans are gone and...and all the forests, apparently. What happened?"

----------------------

Moghor Rezamir, the Void

Moghor's new form appeared over the Allforest.

"Zuli. I see you are still trying to save those trolls. But, tell me...who will protect you?"

It seemed like he was grinning.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-15 at 05:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

Leave me be mon, Ah don't wanna hurt ya and ah don't wanna fight ana more. Ahm leavin da world to yo' reign, do wit it wat ya will. But ah be no mo' interferin witchu mon.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir to Zuli

The "face" of the god disappeared. The shadow of a great horned beast was now discernable behind the wall of fire.

"Oh, I'm not here to fight. I'm here to tell you that you are now dealing with a new Moghor Rezamir. The time of collaboration and cohabitation is over. The world is one thing...but I have bigger plans. I will let you be for now, but one day, I will return for you and your trolls. And I'll leave you something to remember me by."

A giant claw of flame and darkness ripped through the troll god's skin, leaving a burning and permanent mark. Then, the greater god was gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is an act of pure divine power. You can use a minor act to remove the burning sensation, but I think it should leave a scar anyway.

24. - Top - End - #144

Zuli took the burning sensation away, but a scar remained, a black claw mark with a red outline.

Mon, Ah don't wanna fight, Ah just wanna be away from da darkness.

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

25. - Top - End - #145

The Spire

The end of the world, by the looks of it. Not only that, but it seems Moghor doesn't even want anything to do with it. The elementals, the drakes... all gone.

Tokka turned to the approaching Vrrn and Inoh. He picked up a large handfull of soil and let it blow away on the wind.

Is that it? Is this how the last chapter will end?

"Well, you could always ask for a rewrite..."

Vrrn smacked the top of Inoh's head.

He'd never go for it. If he does decide to do that, it will already be too late for anyone here.

Inoh could only respond meekly.

"You never know if you don't ask."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Spire

Alchaeus frowned.

"- Well, that's depressing."

---------------------------

Nokumo and Moghor, The Void

Nokumo could still sense Moghor's presence, even if he couldn't be seen.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-15 at 10:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Akteron

Upon ascending, many things became clear. The world was greater than even he had imagined. As he strode into the Void, he saw Nokumo next to a plate of cookies. As he strode forward to try one, he spoke:

Greetings again my friend. I see you're keeping yourself busy.

Oh my, these are good. I'll have to get the recip....

What is going on down there?!?!

28. - Top - End - #148

Nokumo

The great spirit stood up. His body apperared to be absolute darkness with two red eyes peeping from its depths

Apparently mass deforestation and drought...

Nokumo split into three Nokumos, one of which disappeared.

There are some matters I must attend to. Do you think you can watch over reality while I am away and possibly check on our wayward friend?

The other two Nokumos shot into space, leaving Akteron alone with the plate of cookies.

------------------------
    The Cloaque

Xiren felt a chill down her spine as she felt the familiar presence enter her realm. The wards she had created long ago were nowhere near strong enough to repulse a greater deity.

Nokumo crossed his legs and hovered in midair, an umbrella of force keeping the toxic rain away.

May I have a word, Xiren?

-----------------
    Allforest

The second Nokumo poked around the Allforest, searching for Zuli. When he did, he floated over to the forest lord.

Zuli...We have not met nor spoken before. May we do so now?

He extended his hand and touched the scarred skin, and the blackened flesh began to fall away revealing fresh, healthy skin.

Forgive me for not asking your permission first, but it is for the best that this mark be removed. It is not detrimental to your health, but leaving it would give it's maker the impression that you are his property and completely at his mercy.

------------------
    Elsewhere in the void

The third Nokumo was tracking Moghor's presence. What was he looking for? No, not that thing that called itself Moghor. Moghor worked far too hard and long for him to dismiss the world and the universe as garbage. He was a planner, a dreamer and an achiever. He always had a goal, but this new presence was singleminded and unimaginative. He remembered what happened to Kuto, his old self forgotten and his new self reviled, and to let that happen to yet another god would be quite disappointing.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-16 at 12:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

Somehow, she would have to increase the security budget. That what crossed the Kind Mother's mind as she heard the voice. A grim smile appeared on her face as an acid rain poured from above.
    "-My... It's the magnanime toddler who couldn't get the job done back above the opossum city !! You came to finish what we had begun ? If it is so, you'll find out why some mortals call me the Blood Flower.

As she spoke, the goddess moved her monstruous plant body, the roots creeping out of the muddy ground, geysers of sulfure fusing in the air where the spiked tentacles had once filled the holes. Slowly at first but then with increasing boldness, millions of fiendish vermin gathered in silent around the two deities.

As Nokumo looked around, he could see what had become the dead worshipers of the Kind Mother. Xiren smiled as she felt her children ready to help her. But the smiled vanished as she saw that the rain itself couldn't reach Nokumo. Wasn't this place supposed to weaken outsiders while at the same time make her stronger ?

"-So, will it be a friendly chat..."
    A agressive hiss filled the air.
    "-...or a agressive one ?"

Spoiler
    Show

Divine Realm :
    +2 to Xiren DvR.
    -2 to other gods DvR.
    You're still at 14 while I'm only 13, however.

30. - Top - End - #150

The Cloaque

Now, there will be none of that, Xiren.

The god picked up a monster rat by it's tail and scrutinized the squealing beast.

I have some requests to make, Xiren. The first of which is that you continue the drought until I can arrange for the replacement of the trees.

Also, I would wish to learn of your interactions with moghor that led up to the sacking of the troll empire. How he acted, what threats he made, and how he used you.

He dropped the rat and stared at Xiren. She felt unbearably cold, even in the heat of the Cloaque.

Why should you tell me anything? Well, if this planet continuies to deteriorate as it does, it will drown under layers of unworkable mud. It will turn into a uniform goop uninhabitable by even your creations. It might take some time, but other powers are present that are working towards the mindless destruction of, well, everything.

Also, I am completely within my power to turn every single one of your creations into polite, considerate, outstanding and productive members of civilized society. Yes, even the diseases. So, what will it be?