New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Blank Slate IC2

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Blank Slate IC2

Zuli, The AllForest

Tank ju mon, dat was a horrible excuse fo' a scar. Welcome to da AllForest, where da animals of da forest and da trollishkind live in harmony, away from bloodshed and violence. All are equal here.

He sends a message to mia

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah was attacked bah moghor and xiren, ju weren't der to help, so ah moved mah people and der lands to the AllForest, where dey are safe
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Allforest

Nokumo's projection had overextended itself and melted, fading into nothingness.

The world could sure use a bit of patching up. It...Mog...

Nokumo

As the jets of lava shot towards Nokumo, he contemplated his options. Confronting them straight on would prove impractical and moving out of the way would simply waste too much time.

Nokumo faced down the advancing wave of magma and, as soon as it came close enough, he became ghostlike, the lava passing through his spectral body.

Nokumo ran forward and leapt up and over Moghor, hooking the curved and of his staff around the giant king. It passed through him and the armor, not leaving a mark. Moghor felt a chill as he felt the direct assult on his soul.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

Suddenly, Akteron's companion was overwhelmed with pain.

"Argh...Akteron...please help...me!"

-----------------------------

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor didn't seem to feel the effects of Nokumo's attack. Instead, he smiled and swung his hammer at his foe. Becoming incorporeal wouldn't be enough to stop this attack, seeing as the shockwave from the weapon could reach any dimension.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Whoa now, what's wrong? Here, let me try to help.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 minor act to try and help.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

"Ugh...thanks. I guess it's not going too well down there."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

What is going on down there? From what I see, there's an all out brawl between Gods.

*Pause*

Moghor is shunting the damage to you, and pulling power from you isn't he?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

"It appears we are still very much linked, or else I would have been destroyed before. It also looks like the Other is using this fact to his advantage. What are you going to do?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

What would you like me to do? Sever the link? Help you take control?

Flood the link with the memories and experiences of everyone the current Moghor has ever harmed?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

"I believe you are on the right track. However, remember that the Other can't feel guilt. Perhaps if you show him that he is wrong, or that I am right...

I am sure that the children of Moghor can help in one way or another. He also had a champion once...he could be the key to my rehabilitation."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-21 at 03:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

The Black Knight? He's still around. After his death, I gave him mortal form again so that he could continue his work in protecting those who need it.

Alchaeus!

We need you!
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-02-21 at 05:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Nokumo

It didn't take long at all for Nokumo to figure out what was happening. He knew he had caught something, and it certainly wasn't doing anything to deter the being before him. Nokumo stuck the shaft into the ground. It was still aggravating whatever it held, on the off chance such a thing might prove useful later.

Ah, yes. The Hammer couldn't be ignored. Going up was out of the question and remaining on the ground was a bad idea.

Nokumo clambered on top of Moghor as he swung his weapon in an almost comical fashion. He barely dodged the hammer, but the shockwaves through the air forced him back into physical form.

Nokumo grasped the giant king's back with all six of his arms and legs and opened a mouth that became disproportionately wide and bit Moghor on the shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Good Moghor is still in pain, the soul tie or whatever it is is still being aggravated, but Akteron still has a "concrete" link to the battle.

In the meantime, Evil Moghor has a mutant cosmic monkey on his back.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

Alchaeus appeared beside his god(s).

"- Yes, Akteron? What is it you need from me?"

-----------------------

Moghor Rezamir

The bite did wound Moghor and not his double.

"BEGONE!"

A thousand metal shards suddenly bursted out of his skin to impale Nokumo. At the same time, the creature unleashed an intense radiance, something similar to a mini solar wind, so bright and hot it could easily turn animals, plans and trees instantly into ash. The Starjewel Pendant shattered at that point...

---------------------

A strange, incorporeal voice whispered this message to Mia's ear.

"I am truly sorry. This was not what I wished for the world. This was not my dream. Please forgive me."

Spoiler
    Show
    The shards are not tiny needles, they are big
    The blast wave is a bit radioactive :P (and it cost 2 minor acts)
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-22 at 09:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Ah, yes. Alchaeus, meet half of Moghor. Moghor, you remember Alchaeus.

It seems Moghor has a problem. His power and might are running around on the planet, and seem to be missing a sense of guilt. I was hoping you might have an idea of what to do about this.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Xiren

The Kind Mother took off, her roots fleeing from the intense heat of the lava. She lost some of them but swift and speedy, she was largely unharmed.

"-They may have the first blood but I'll get the last one. The only one which counts..."

As Moghor gave birth to the mini nova, a whistling sound reach his ears, immediately followed by the sight of an arrow made of soft ivy. The projectile began to blur and as it did so, a thousand more arrows appeared at mid-flight. Screaming through the air, they shined each with their own magical glow.

The first missed the gigantic devil, hitting the ground which was immediately tainted with a acid grey moss which kept spreading around, feeding directly from the bare rock like a overgrown lichen. The rest of the volley was aimed right, however...

The Blood Flower screamed something seconds before the impact :
    "-Here is my first positive contribution to your new order, Moghor : Getting rid of you !!"

Then went the blinding light from the mini nova...
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-02-22 at 03:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

Alchaeus looked at the two powerful beings before him, not knowing what to think of it.

"- Hmm, well...that's a good question. I could try to talk with the Other, but I'm not sure it will give results. Maybe I should show him that mortals are not worthless and deserve to live..."

---------------------------

Moghor Rezamir

"Ugh...I need more power!"

Moments before the nova was launched, numerous arms made of earth emerged from the ground and caught some of the arrows before returning to dust. The remaining projectiles either hit Moghor or Nokumo.

16. - Top - End - #196

Nokumo

*Sklortch*

The metal shards punched right through the god. It was clear they were sticking through him, it felt like they were stabbing through a cool, stiff ooze. however, they immediately began to decay and erode while inside the god.

The arrows that hit him punched into Nokumo's back, but dissolved about halfway through.

The blast, on the other hand, hurt Nokumo quite a bit more. Two of his arms and many of the flagella on his back were blown off entirely. The god wrapped it's legs around Moghor's chest and clung onto his back as it began chewing on his head.

The thing was trying to eat him, It was apparent. The holes created by the spikes began to close and Moghor could feel his "blood" and flesh being consumed by the beast.

He also felt his divine power drained substantially.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 minor acts contributed to this vampyric attack.
    3 Minor acts to drain Moghor of 3 minor acts
    5 Major acts to drain Moghor of 5 Major acts.

I would prefer that no acts be used, otherwise, we could continue beefing our respective gods up and healing them whenever necessary, resulting in a never ending battle.

Also, I might not be able to post again until late tonight.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

"You are disgusting, you know!"

The great beast started to sunk into the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    You're right about the acts. However, I was planning to have the Earth Keeper use the 5 major acts to help heal the world later. Perhaps Nokumo was actually redirecting the divine energy to Good Moghor?

BTW, if Nokumo keeps clinging to Evil Moghor's back, he will wind up in the great lava chambers of the Underground with him. Evil Moghor is immune to fire, obviously...

18. - Top - End - #198

Spoiler
    Show
    Mm...Sounds good to me, but what justification would we have to do so? Nokumo doesn't know the status or capabilities of Moghor's good side or what is happening with Akteron, and his concerns are more immediate. Also, if demon-Moghor, who is in control, ends up losing, and has a massive resivoir of power, he would most likely use that power when he needs it most and not save it for Good-Moghor to use later.

Nokumo

Nokumo sprang off of Moghor as he began to sink.

Mererly one cannibal to another, Moghor. At least I do not wait for my prey to die, first.

He turned himself upsidedown and stood on the sky, looking "up" at the ground below him.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Yes, I thought it was as well. I had an idea of what to do about it, but I would need your help.

What changed your mind about helping people?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

Alchaeus:

"- I assume you are referring to the time I made use of your Waters of Memory?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Correct. I need to figure out if it;s something we can forcibly duplicate, or if we'll have to resort to more...drastic measures.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

The Moghor-ghost gazed at Akteron.

"I must ask something of you, Akteron. It is risky, but you must trust me on this one. I need you to give me some of your power, so I may in turn give my protection to the Black Knight. Moghor won't be able to hurt him if he is blessed with my own essence.

Furthermore, I believe that the nature of your power will prevent the Other to use it to his own gain. I will be the only one able to access it."

Spoiler
    Show
    In other words, Good Moghor (or Not-Evil Moghor) is asking Akteron to transfer a major act or two to him.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Void

Well, if I've learned anything by watching and recording the lives of others, it's that you need to risk a little to live a little. You may use some of my power.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can use up to three major acts.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Mia

"KI-AAAAAAIIII!!!!!"

When Nokumo sprang off of Moghor, Mia threw Paragon up into the air with a mighty heave and leapt up to catch it.

She drove it down into Moghor's chest with unerring aim and a surprising strength, lashing it back out and ripping open his flesh with the glowing sword. Mia clung to Moghor as he sank into the earth with deathly strength, focused on trying to defeat him.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Void

"Thank you my friend."

The Earth Keeper turned to Alchaeus and conjured an orb made of stone in his ghostly hand. It was covered in mystical runes.

"Alchaeus, touch this sphere and be infused with my power. You will go back to the planet below and face the False God. I will be by your side. Meanwhile, Akteron will be able to continue on his plan."

Alchaeus bowed respectfully and put down his hand on the orb. He was instantly transported to the material plane. He had no idea where he ended up, but he could sense the other gods fighting, elsewhere in the world.

"- Time to get to work."

Alchaeus' body turned into a sand storm as he raced towards the battlefield.

-------------------------

Moghor Rezamir

Moghor laughed as Mia attacked him. Even when Paragon ripped open his chest, he simply grabbed hold of the blade and looked into the goddess' eyes. As the two were sinking in the ground, he unleashed a curse of petrification...

A few minutes later

All of a sudden, a large chunk of land shot straight up in the air at great speed towards Nokumo. Moghor was not far behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    In other words, Moghor just threw a hill or a small mountain at Nokumo (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, just imagine the biggest chunk of rock he could theorically lift) and jumped towards him.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-25 at 09:21 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Nokumo

If Nokumo would be smirking to himself if he was that kind of god. Those minuites that Moghor spent under the earth were enough for Nokumo to gather his strength. Instead, he remained emotionless as Moghor came towards him.

Just as he had the wave of lava, Nokumo phased through the mountain and became solid again just in front of Moghor. He dug his feet into Moghor's chest and placed his hands on the side of the god's head.

You may find these others nothing more than a mere nuisance, but I assure you, I am more than your match.

The wide jaw opened, simply a dark red shape across the void of the rest of his body, and a glowing red lash shot out and foced itself down Moghor's throat.

Have you ever fought for your life, before, Moghor? What does it feel like?

Moghor could feel the "tongue" branch out inside him as he Nokumo began leeching away from his body and essence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moghor, Morrally sound Moghor and possibly the planet, are being drained by this attack. Nokumo might need to be shown reason soon, or he could cause some irrepairable damage. His goal is not to save the world, but to prevent its destruction, and if he does so, it could very well end up a terrestrial hell (to the glee of the fey-folk, I guess).

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor

"I do not care what you are. You can break like anything else!"

Moghor grabbed Nokumo's jaw and started to pull them apart with the intent of breaking his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    About all this phasing and void body... While I have no problem with the fluff, there's nothing in the rules stating that a god doesn't have a definite corporeal form that can be affected by other gods. I'm feeling like I'm getting the shaft here. I understand that Nokumo has spent more major acts on his domains, and thus has an advantage, but Moghor is still a greater god of Strength. If he can't beat up other gods at all, what's his point?

-------------------------

The Void

Ghost-Moghor started to fade away.

"I think we don't have much time..."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-02-26 at 11:32 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Spoiler
    Show
    If Moghor punches Nokumo in the schnozz, Nokumo's going to feel it. Godly limbs do not care for incorpreality or such things.

Also, if you havent noticed, Nokumo is actually physically very weak, relying on vampyric assults and his swift regeneration. The blast tore huge chunks away from him and he had virtually no defense against the hammer save for dodging it. Even the metal shards punched right through him, even if holes were not quite what

Moghor is incredibly resilient, I take it, and Most of Nokumo's direct attacks made nothing more than a flesh wound and he had to settle for negative energy and flesh rottong assaults.

Nokumo

The jaw stretched wider and wider as Moghor pulled. His arms were burning as some cool gooey substance was dripping from Nokumo's wounds, but that didn't matter. With a sickening *Schlorp* Moghor was holding a long jawbone in his hand, dripping with a black ichor that ate into his flesh, The tongue receeded swiftly with a biting sensation and the "mouth" disappeared.

Nokumo let out a low howl and grabbed Moghor's face with his hand, digging into the skin and attempting to rot Moghor's face and eyes, dripping cauistic god blood everywhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nokumo's body looks like void, but is more of an opaque ooze covering a skeleton, as Moghor discovered. He also bleeds quite a bit as bits of his body colapse.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-02-26 at 12:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Moghor Rezamir

As his face was quickly rotting, the God of Strength let out a terrifying scream and turned into a fireball. When Nokumo finally let go of him, Moghor dropped and crashed to the ground. At first glance, it seemed like nothing remained of the fallen god except for a burning mass of molten metal. However, the artifacts he sported had survived the deflagration. And much to Nokumo's surprise, Moghor's body reformed from his Living Armor. The rotting attack had left a scar, but the Giant King was in better shape than before. He had to be careful, though, as he couldn't pull this off a second time.

"Let's finish this!"

"Wait! Do not be fooled, Nokumo. The Earth Keeper lives. There is still hope to see this world reborn."

The new voice belonged to Alchaeus. The assembled gods could sense that the Black Knight was not completely himself and that his words echoed those of a greater being.

30. - Top - End - #210

Nokumo stooped and looked at this newcomer, drips of black goo dropping from where his jaw should be. He spoke with difficulty.

Is...That so? How...Does that stop... him?