New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy - An Unroutine Inspection IC

Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by R4ph View Post
    "None at the moment, Mr. Regg. However myself and my colleagues would appreciate if we could discuss some matters in a private room. It's standard procedure, you understand."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will talk in my office." Replies Turket.

He leads you back to the door of his office where he knocks and asks: "Gorgor, are you there? It's awfully quiet in there." There is no reply for about 3 seconds, then: "Yes Mr. Regg. The young adept left, said he had to follow up on something." The door opens and the guard known as Gorgor allows you entry into the room. "Ah, Gorgor, these people wish to speak to me privately. If you could just wait outside for a few moments...." The guard nods and steps outside, slowly closing the door behind him. Nihila is nowhere to be seen. "Now, what it is you wanted to ask me?"
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-01-31 at 06:54 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

My apologies for any misunderstanding, Mr. Regg. By we, I was just referring to myself and my colleagues
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not know - I just feel that we might be able to resolve this in favour of our mission without having to kill everyone we see. We've also been exceptionally fortunate, or emperor blessed, so far - but can we take on an entire gang? Perhaps they simply do not know who they serve - the allegiance of those such as these is flighty, but if they knew that they were in the employ of a possible chaos cultist ...

Working out the ramifications of her train of thought, a signal changes, the whistle blows, and it moves track.

... on the other hand, we haven't exactly gained their goodwill, and if they know, then we reveal our hand. I still think that destabilisation is the better path, but I defer to your advice. However - if so - we should take at least one of them alive. If wounded.

As she says this, she gingerly prods one of the two corpses, looking at what he was wearing and carrying, and studiously not looking at the corpse bearing them. If there was any indication of what sort of gang they were - a cult of the Malefic powers, of Mammon, or of the flag - this would help both their imminent survival, and also the sacred trust that the Inquisitor had placed in them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think searching a body would need an awareness check - would it?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Factory
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, yes, of course. My apologies." Replies Turket as he leaves his office. If he were a heretic, he was pretty confident that you wouldn't find anything incriminating. But then again, he probably wasn't counting on one of your team being a psyker. Your group is left alone in Turket's office, the noise of the Factory quietly booming from behind the door.

Scum Slaughterhouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    (No, but it would need Common Knowledge (Underworld) to make much sense of any markings or gang identifications.)

The dead guard bears no distinct marking on his clothes or weapons. His clothes are simple and worn. He wears a leather jacket, common wear for most scum, but it is plain and offers little information. His weapons are a normal quality Stub Automatic and a normal quality knife. Neither of which are remarkable in any way, except for a bit of decoration on the knife which you assume is just personal and not gang related. He does have a rather interesting tattoo on his hand in the shape of 4 guns pointed toward a surprised and rather loaded merchant. Other than that, there is either not enough left of the guard or nothing remarkable about him to help you understand what kind of gang he was in and any other information like that. The other guard is pretty much the same story.

The weapons are still functional and each dead guard has a Stub Automatic, 2 stub automatic clips, a knife and (2d5)[7] Thrones between them. The weapons are of normal quality. Their clothes, on the other hand, are so bloodied and ripped that they are poor quality.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

A fact made even more important by the fact that the departed leave no indication of their allegiance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, what with Esther's complete ignorance of such matters, no roll. Not looting the dead, by the way.

6. - Top - End - #216

As Turket leaves the room, Korland motions Wolfe and Lucious in close and lowers his voice.

There's probably some kind of monitoring in here, so keep your voice low... What do you two reckon? Didn't see anything especially obvious during the tour, though I think there's something about that forge he;s not telling us. The one that's supposedly out of commission." Korland pauses, looking into his companion's faces. "What do you do reckon?"
    Please note that this material is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or instruction.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Lucious looks pale and twitchy. "There is nothing here of interest we should go and focus our search elsewhere. Anyway, the others will be waiting for us to make our report, and they get nervous if we are late." His hands clench on the hilt of his sword and the grip of his pistol as he looks Korland in the eye.

Sgt. Fall
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is are the door and the walls made of?
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    (If you meant the office door and walls): The office door is a simple wooden one. The walls of the office are a shoddy concrete, the only concrete structure in the Factory for that matter, even the protective wall around the explosive element stage of the Bolter Shells is made from several layers of steel.

(If you meant the secret door and underground walls): The secret door appears to be metal in construct. Not like the sheet steel you've been seeing around this area of the hive, but a stronger and more expensive type. The walls in the underground area appear to be a natural rock formation, slightly hollowed out and expanded by those that discovered the area. The cell doors are a strong metal and very secure.

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridan View Post
    Lucious Veridian

Lucious looks pale and twitchy. "There is nothing here of interest we should go and focus our search elsewhere. Anyway, the others will be waiting for us to make our report, and they get nervous if we are late." His hands clench on the hilt of his sword and the grip of his pistol as he looks Korland in the eye.
    Korland half cocks an eyebrow at Lucious.

"Alright then. Guess we should find Mr. Jast and get out of here."
    Last edited by R4ph; 2009-02-01 at 12:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Lucious whispers to his fellow acolytes "Cover the door." He then draws his pistol and walks over to the desk. He grabs the framed picture of Turket's family. He takes out the picture from it's frame and presses the button inside the frame.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

11. - Top - End - #221

"What the feth are you doing?" hissed Raphael, drawing his laspistol and stepping over to the door
    Last edited by R4ph; 2009-02-01 at 04:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

If we do not kill them now where does that leave us? We have no clue where the others are and we have no clue how to get around this coffin.

Mira attempts to listen to see if anyone had noticed them yet or see if anyone was watching before continuing.

My specialty is killing not making a plan of action, as such I will leave the decision up to you.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

awareness: 31
    (1d100)[81]

((OoC: I may be a little more on and off with post over then next few days as my computer has a major issue and can not be used while at home and therefore I am left with only access to the school computers. However I may not be going into school for a couple days due to the flu.... yah yesterday was not the best day for me))
    Check out my horrible homebrews

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Factory
    Spoiler
    Show
    A secret door in the carpet of the office swings open, revealing the stairs leading down to the hidden underground area. The door opens surprisingly quietly, although it still makes a bit of noise, probably due to age.

At the top of the stairs the Guard sits in his chair. As the door fully opens he looks up, only to see a few armed intruders. He hurriedly reaches for his holstered gun.

Crunch
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Rolling to see if the noise alerts Gorgor, since his Per is higher than Turkets, not to mention that he has Awareness and Turket doesn't. Gorgor's Per is 35. (d100)[58] He doesn't notice a thing)

(Roll Initiative. Guard on the stair's Initiative = (1d10+3)[5] (Ignore this roll: Gorgor's Initiative = (1d10+3)[5]))

Gorgor is armed with a Stub Automatic, a Knife and is armoured with a Light Flak Coat. Turket, as far as you can tell, is unarmed and wears no visible armour. The Guard on the stairs is armed with an Autopistol and is armoured with a Light Flak Coat also. The door to the office is 1m away from you and the Guard on the stairs is about 2m down the stairs, meaning both of which are in Point Blank Range and you have Higher Ground over the Guard on the stairs. (So that's +30BS against both targets and +10WS against the stairs Guard) I would also like to take the time to remind you that the Factory has at least half-a-dozen armed guards patrolling about.

Scum Slaughterhouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Will someone make a collective decision? Do you attack or don't you?) You assume that you go unnoticed, but in truth, you have no idea. No-one seems to be coming out of the warehouse after you... but then again they may actually be laying in wait for you. It is difficult to tell, not to mention unnerving.

((OoC: I may be a little more on and off with post over then next few days as my computer has a major issue and can not be used while at home and therefore I am left with only access to the school computers. However I may not be going into school for a couple days due to the flu.... yah yesterday was not the best day for me))
    Ok then. Get better soon!
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-01 at 08:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll (1d10+2)[5] Question: Do we have a suprise round?
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-02-02 at 02:46 AM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridan View Post
    Lucious Veridian

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll [roll0] Question: Do we have a suprise round?
    I'm afraid not. Since you rolled the same initiative as the guard, I'll rule that players get the advantage (even though you're supposed to roll), so you'll go first.

R4ph and drum-n-bass still need to roll initiative.

(For drum-n-bass): To roll initiative (and determine combat order) you roll 1d10 plus your agility bonus (the tens digit of your agility attribute). In this case you'd roll 1d10+3. You could also spend a Fate Point to automatically roll a 10 on your initiative. As for combat itself, you can take a full action, two half actions (both have to be different) or several free actions. I'll post some of the things you can do below, but feel free to try something experimental and I'll suggest what kind of action it would be.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative!

(1d10+3)[7]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (Will someone make a collective decision? Do you attack or don't you?) You assume that you go unnoticed, but in truth, you have no idea. No-one seems to be coming out of the warehouse after you... but then again they may actually be laying in wait for you. It is difficult to tell, not to mention unnerving.
    But I'm so worried!

V-very well. We can hedge our chances. Mira - find cover, or somewhere to hide. Make sure you have a good shot covering the area - take your shot at the last possible moment, when they draw, when they make an aggressive move, whatever would seem an opportune moment. But not before.

Esther waits for Mira to take position, then walks into the middle of the street outside the warehouse, hands outstretched far enough to indicate (vaguely) peaceful intentions, but kept close enough to suggest that, if a violent event were to call for weapons, they wouldn't break sweat to arrive here.

In a clear, neutral, chorister's voice, she calls out to those inside.

Gentlemen? I'd like to talk. You are in danger even this minute, and we would inform you of this - pray, come out. The Throne's mercy be on you; treat me as a messenger of it, rather than the oppressor's hand.

18. - Top - End - #228

As the trapdoor swings open, Korland steps in beside the door, his laspistol leveled in case someone comes through, praying no one does.

Spoiler
    Show

Full Round of aiming

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Lucious Veridian

Spoiler
    Show
    Lucious levels his laspistol at the man beneath the trap door and squeezes the trigger twice. Ballistic skill of 30+30 for point blank, so 60 to hit. Shot 1 (1d100)[20]. Shot 2 (1d100)[68].

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira slides next to the door on the side opposit the hinges and leans against the wall in a crouched position. She has her shotgun at the ready and quitely waits for anyone to come out of the door. This might not have been the best way to go about this but by the emperor she wasn't going to let the sister get killed. She spit out the last of her sap and shuffled her helmet into a better place on her head. She squeezed the shotgun and tensed ready for combat.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Since drum-n-bass is taking a while to reply, I'll assume he takes cover and doesn't participate in the combat, unless he decides to post.)

Combat order is:

Korland
    Lucious
    Trapdoor Guard

(No damage roll? No matter, I'll do that now to keep up the flow, (1d10+2)[3])

Despite the point blank range of the shots, the first merely glances the side of the Guard's head, probably giving him a hot shave, nothing more, while the other shot barely misses him.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Guard has no armour on his head and has a Toughness bonus of 2, so he takes 1 Wound, he now has 7 Wounds left. (He's not the most physically strongest of Guards)

Scum Slaughterhouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing happens for a few seconds, all is deadly quiet. Suddenly a man is pushed outside the main doors to the warehouse. He doesn't appear armed and looks quiet young, not to mention annoyed at whoever pushed him out and a little scared of you. His vision wanders over to the two ex-guards, now bleeding messes and he recoils against the sheet steel wall of the warehouse, holding his jaw. His vision then turns to Esther. "Wha-wha-what d-do you want?" He manages through the shock.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-06 at 01:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Emperor be damned they came from the other door. Mira let the shotgun fall to her waste and the strap slid it around to her back. Than in the same motion she had her lasgun up oncemore at eyelevel and she trained it on the lone man.

waiting for any changes and waiting to see what the sister had planned.

crunch
    Spoiler
    Show

ready the lasrifle
    aim action

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turket's Office
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard respondes to your shots by opening a hail of fire, attempting to force you behind cover.

Crunch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard is using Suppressive Fire with his Autopistol. His target area extends from his position, up the stairs of the trapdoor and to the wall of Turket's Office, which includes the door, but just misses Korland. Rolling to see if he hits Lucious, which is a -20 BS test. His BS is 35 so he needs 15 or less. (1d100)[46]. Unless his weapon jams (which is Reliable) you are forced behind cover (which will be just out of view of the stairs) and must make a -20 WP test to act normally or remain Pinned. Korland is unaffected, unless he moves into the guard's view.

The noise of the gunfire is loud. Rolling to see if Gorgor hears, using the same formula as before. (1d100)[33].

The guard's automatic fire forces Lucious to take cover and blocks Korland from moving across the room in front of the trap door. Bullets slam into the wall and door of the Office, alerting Gorgor. Who barges into the room, only to meet bullets flying past him at high speed and a gun pointed at him by Korland. (His Initiative is 5, as rolled a few posts ago. Although I'll rule that his turn is over with the barging in)
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-06 at 01:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the fear of the young man, Esther winced. Keep calm. Don't dissemble, put on a cheery face, or do anything that isn't real. Remember all those stories you heard back on Dusk.

For these two, I am truly sorry. Their weapons were readied and I ... I let go.

Let us put it behind us.

Earlier today, a cargo landed bearing a sensitive crew, on a sensitive mission. An Aquila Lander, bearing a certain insignia. It was observed. The observer was traced back here. The fact of his observation has suggested to those concerned with the mission that it had been compromised.

I'm well aware that you ... and those still in that warehouse have little reason to trust me, but, quite frankly, I do not hold any grudge with you. Rather, I want to warn you of something. If the person who hired your organisation is the person whom I believe hired you, then you might not know the full extent of the danger that you are in - danger that I can warn you of. Do we have a mutual acquaintance, or must we bolt?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Slaughterhouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    The young man is still horrified at what he is seeing. "B-b-boss!" He shouts into the warehouse. "This person s-s-says they're here to w-w-warn us of danger. W-w-what should we do b-b-boss?" Again, nothing happens for a few seconds. Then you hear somebody from inside the warehouse say something to the young man. "My b-b-boss says you should c-c-come inside and s-s-say what you have t-t-to say". Stutters the young man.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Mira

Mira winces at the obvious trap. It was to obvious they could have at least tried to hide it.

She continues to aim at the pathetic excuse for hive scum. Before making her position known.

We aint backbirths. Your boss would do well to relize that and should come out here where we aint trapped in your damn warehouse.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you sir - and sirs within.

She walks softly up to the doors, but not straight up to them - an imperceptible veer from side to side gives her just enough of an angle to see round each corner, on the lookout for anyone hiding round the corners. It's an old feral-worlder trick to expand your field of vision by a few degrees, vital degrees, and Mira should recognise it. She tenses up under her concealing vestments as she nears the door ...

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[71] vs 41 perception at the area surrounding the door. Even if she doesn't sense anything, she's still expecting something ...

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    No response is made to Mira's announcement, although the young man becomes increasing scared at the obvious disadvantage he has if something bad were to happen.

Unfortunately for Esther, the doors remain mostly closed, closed after the young man was thrown out. Although looking back in your mind you remember briefly seeing the arm of one person who threw the young man out and another man in the darkness of the warehouse holding something that resembled a pipe while the door was open for a few seconds. In all, that is 3 confirmed people: the young man, the person who threw him out and another man who appeared to be armed with a pipe inside the warehouse. You also get the general gut feeling that you are being watched from within the warehouse through the bullet holes and gaps in the sheet steel, although you can't see anyone clearly.
    Last edited by Sgt. Fall; 2009-02-06 at 02:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fall View Post
    Scum Warehouse
    Spoiler
    Show
    No response is made to Mira's announcement, although the young man becomes increasing scared at the obvious disadvantage he has if something bad were to happen.

Unfortunately for Esther, the doors remain mostly closed, closed after the young man was thrown out. Although looking back in your mind you remember briefly seeing the arm of one person who threw the young man out and another man in the darkness of the warehouse holding something that resembled a pipe while the door was open for a few seconds. In all, that is 3 confirmed people: the young man, the person who threw him out and another man who appeared to be armed with a pipe inside the warehouse. You also get the general gut feeling that you are being watched from within the warehouse through the bullet holes and gaps in the sheet steel, although you can't see anyone clearly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm having difficulty working out which doors the man has invited me through - should I be going through the side doors?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate Scribe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm having difficulty working out which doors the man has invited me through - should I be going through the side doors?
    Through the main doors, the young man is recoiled (but still standing) against the warehouse next to the main doors. The main doors are two seperate sliding doors, although only one was partially opened to throw the man out. That door is still partially open, but only enough to see out of... or point a gun out of, although you don't see one. No-one's come through the side door yet.