New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Freehold of Burnt Bones: Changeling the Lost

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, damn. Must have missed that. The general style of action still stands, not trying to get between them and drawing off to a side while still taking an interest. Also would it be okay if i asked you not to call me things like sweety?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

The heatwaves around Levitas faded, unable to sustain in the chill of night and winter. He felt disappointed at that. He smirk just the same at John's witty retort.

"We're known? So, they want to play Court games?" He asked the air, glancing around at everyone else. Being able to disrupt a set of Courts in their political positioning was a delightful idea. "Then by all means, let's get out of the cold and let the games begin."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

((Sorry, it's a Southern thing, don't take such offense to it.))

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    please can we keep ooc things either within spoilers , or better still on the OOC thread
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103004

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cambridge Dawson

"Thanks..." Cambridge replies to Rowan, then walks with the rest. "Why do we have to be violent at all..." The large man states, shaking his head over at Kitty.

They weren't to the mansion yet.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

A figure stalks out from the lit doorway into the dark of the evening air.
    The ground before him freezes and crack as his weight touchs the crisp fresh ice.
    He wears the traditional tartan and kilt of a highlander and his outline is broken by the raising edge and hilt of a huge claymore across his back.

He stops half way between the cars and the doorway on the edge of the halo of light given off from the goblin candles green glow.

"Welcome honoured guests, I am Bruce Cambell Royal Kinght of the Icebreaker Brotherhood and Swordsmaster to his Royal Highness Lexi Nova.
    If you have any weapons with you I ask you to leave them in your car or to hand them over as I will not allow any weapons to enter tonights rite."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Cambridge comment was met by a nod from Julia, as she finally spoke up about the argument that seemed to be dying down. "I was wondering about that as well..."

Before she could say anything more or others could really comment the highlander interrupted them. She inclined her head in deference to him, even as she wondered what ceremony they were going to take part of. This was all so weird, even for the lost.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously! Is ANYONE else having trouble with this place? 8/10 I can't access this forum because it just won't load!

Rowan halted his advance when the Highlander came out to meet the group. It was about time this show got on the road Rowan was getting REALLY tiered of waiting. There was probably going to be a big ceremony and all that jazz too before he would be allowed to go to bed. "About time," Rowan mutters, and still all those who heard his voice would be a little entranced by the supernatural quality of it.

Leave their weapons? Rowan pushed his tattered cloak aside and unclipped his razor ribbon from his slender hip. He stared down at the weapon and then up at Bruce. Rowan had taken two things from Arcadia when he had fled and that was one his leotard and two the ribbon he held in his hand. The handle was made out of dark shadow-sucking black metal that blinked and glittered with a million individual stars from within its black surface when within use, almost as if someone had grabbed a chunk of a clear winter's night and hammered it into shape and submission. The ribbon was a dark alluring purple, the kind of shade that would draw attention to its beauty and fluid grace. The ribbon was laced with razors on the edge of it, a feat that Rowan suspected was possible only by the most skilled of Faerie craftsmen.

He loved his ribbon with a passion and as much as he desired to leave the ribbon rolled up around the handle and never let it be used again, he just couldn't seem to throw it away. "Lose this," Rowan said in a calm collected voice and handed it to the Swordmaster, "And I swear by every glittering star within its handle that I WILL kill you." Handing his weapon over to a stranger was an immense sign of trust upon Rowan's behalf.
    Last edited by SoothingSolace; 2009-01-30 at 10:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

"Naturally," Levitas said with shrug, his arms spread as he walked towards the entited changeling, stopping by Rowan as the thin fellow handed over a fancy looking weapon.

"Luckily, I never carry weapons so there's nothing to leave."
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

10. - Top - End - #40

Cambridge Dawson

"Nor do I, for I am my own weapon." Cambridge simply stated with no hint of arrogance, and stepped forward with the group, and smiles back at Julia.

"I enjoy rites. I find them soothing." He muttered to little other then himself.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

"I generally don't bring weapons to stuff like this anyway, so..." John pulled a sheath bearing a small sword from his jacket and handed it over.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitty rolled her eyes at the arguments going on around her--must they all be so literal? And, for heaven's sake, why was that boy talking like that? It was impressive, yes, but still

"Oh, well, why not?" she replied at that. "I can't say I'd expect much trouble. Just don't look, now." Thus saying, she reached under her skirt, lifting it slightly, and slid the knife from her garter, handing it over.
    Current Characters

I made my avatar myself. You look kind of surprised! Eeh hee hee!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

"Thank you all for handing over your arms, they will be returned to you once the the rites have finished."

With a turn he gestures over his shoulder.

"Please go in"

All manner of Changelings stand waiting for your approach.

Ogres two of which stand huge stonecarved and gargoyle like in stature, fairest beautiful and strange, darklings shrouded in inky night, wizened a figure wearing the leather overal of a blacksmith fresh from the flame, elementals fire, ice and moutain rock and beasts like a march hare and falcon sharp faced and feathers for hair.

As you pass them some bow, others stare hard and cold faced.
    The sweet smell of burning incense and autumn leaves fills the air.

A large circle of tall high backed chairs have been set the the center of a vast open hall.

Spoiler
    Show
    still having some problems posting much like soothing solitice therefore sorry for the delay and a hope everyone is enjoying it so far.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Freehold of Burnt Bones: Changeling the Lost

Spoiler
    Show

Good , back up, let the story continue.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Here we are. Sorry for the absence
    Julia headed into the room, looking over the menagerie in there. Wary about violating any of the rituals they might have in the freehold, she followed the group as they headed into the hall. She drew slightly back from all the attention the changelings already there heaped upon them, smiling shyly at them as she did so, clearly uncomfortable about the situation.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Rowan padded along with the group and into the large mansion before them. Whatever this prophecy had in store for them perhaps it would make the world a better place. There was so much pain all around him that it chilled his soul, filling him with a numbness that covered his heart in ice. Rowan walked with pride, his petite shoulders squared back, his skull-shaped pupils staring ahead boldly for whatever fate might have in store for them.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, attention. Eyes focused on him. Maybe they didn't like him, didn't know anything about him, but that didn't matter.

Levitas' starfire flared bright, casting a blue glow across his face. This felt proper and right, to have everyone looking at him. He smiled as he walked farther in, knowing this was as good as the night as likely to get for him.
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

18. - Top - End - #48

Cambridge Dawson

Dawson walked with the group, attempting unsuccessfully to blend in with the crowd, being a giant and all. He let his eyes fritter about the room and they eventually settled on the floor as he attempted to pass off his shyness as somberness.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

In contrast to Cambridge, John seemed to handle the attention of the crowd quite well as he followed the group. He returned the bows of those that did so and politely ignored the others' stares, and gave a smile to any of the more...interesting female changelings.

"Well, he definitely wasn't kidding about us being expected, was he?" John muttered to those nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for delay in posting, I've been sick and unable to get to the computer.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kitty was used to being the center of attention, so the looks they got didn't bother her all; she merely used them as an excuse to look back, and covertly size up the possible threats and rewards. Still, it was a bit startling to have been received out of nowhere by so many.

"Looks like we're a bit late to the party. Rather literally."

Spoiler
    Show
    And my cursed connection wouldn't hold.
    Current Characters

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Freehold of Burnt Bones: Changeling the Lost

Spoiler
    Show
    hope everyone is feeling better !

Eyes that had been focused on you all as you entered that impressive chamber all turn, as a door way in the back of the room opens.

A tall figure of a gravewight enters the room, his long cloak shimmers like a sheets of cracked ice and a frozen crown sits upon his head, he moves silently to a tall back throne and waits.

Around the room whispers of

"The winter king has arrived"

The collected Lost begin to enter the chamber and taking seats.

Bruce Cambell moves over to the group.

"You can take seats here at the back, Jacob you know where your seat is." He pauses, his eyes lock onto those skull shapes of Rowan's
    "I'll be watching you boy.."

"Step away, I'll be doing the watching cos da Preacher told me to"

Thunderfist moves to break the locked stare between the two.

As members from all the court begin to move into the meeting room, it becomes clear by and large whom is with each of the courts, the seaying appears to be that members of the Autumn court are seated close to the front , followed by Winter then Spring and lastly Summer. The auras around each of the courts grows with each seated member joining the ranks. By number alone Autumn and Winter Courts have the largest numbers around 40 per court, spring and summer each amount to less than half that number.

A murmur of voices can be heard as the members talk quietly awaiting the start of the rite.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

Julia followed the gaze of the gathered masses of changelings. As the Winter King made his way down the hall, she turned her head to look at how the other newcomers to the freehold were reacting. She herself said nothing and merely watched.

When the time came she took her seat and drew together in it to take up as little space as possible, looking ahead to see what the ritual would entail.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Rowan tilted his back and inhaled deeply, relishing the feel of the cold winter air that swirled about him as the members of the winter court took their seats. It was numbing and it was percisely the reason he had joined winter out of any of the other courts.

The diminuitive ballerina was pulled from his quiet tranquil moment as Bruce hovered over him and stared down into his skull-shaped pupils. "Watch as long as you like. Just don't give me a reason to dance and you won't be seeing one." As Thunderfist stepped between the pair Rowan took a step backwards, allowing himself some space between him and the massive ogre. "Keep your shirt on," Rowan chuckled softly. "There probably won't be any fighting on this day." Or at least Rowan hoped there wouldn't. He was tiered and the thought of dancing with such fatigue draped about him brought back memories of Arcadia and that was something he didn't particularly like to dwell on.
    Last edited by SoothingSolace; 2009-02-09 at 03:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So a week without anyone posting where has everyone gone

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm here; I was just waiting for others to post reactions, as well.
    Current Characters

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Like I said earlier, if this sort of thing happens you just gotta keep on posting so that it isn't ruined for the people that are here. You sort of put the other PC's on auto-pilot and let the ones that are here keep rping.