New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Evolight Inner Plane

Evolight: Inner Plane

A large piece of land is surrounded by water. On this piece of land, new species have emerged. Sentient species. Each now living in a corner of the land, they must face their environment and only time will tell if they come out on top or be forgotten in history.

Map

OOC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5677847
    Species Status: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102816
    Immortal Status: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102818
    Outer Plane: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102814

Note

Remember to indicate when and where things happen at the top of your post.

Turn 2 starts at Tuesday 8 pm (GMT +1). This is in 6 days and 8 hours from this post.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2009-01-25 at 03:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Evolight Inner Plane

Turn 1.0 [1C/The Coleoidea Lands]

There are currently four colonies with this part of the rain forest.
    The first resides in a great tree near the coast. While being next to teh sea cuts down on the amount of hunting ground, it give a ready source of salt water. With this avalibilty they more readily use their ability to jet, ink and stealth.
    In a grove of tree that surround a spring that feeds a tributary to one of the greater rivers is the second colony. The water is easy to get here as few large fish live in the spring but it is fresh. The area has recently experinced a fire and so prey is still moving in and the newer tree branches can't always support a Coleoidea's weight.
    The third colony is on th banks a river. It must be crossed to access some of the hunting grounds and the fish are always ready to strike. The water is murky and rich in sediments, making it tolerable for breathing and making the region lush with life. Floods aredangerous though. Lower nests can risk drowning and fish often jump to higher branches when the water level is up.
    The last colony is inland on one of the higher pieces of land the area can offer. While most colonies use rain to fill nests or shells, the inland colony uses the constant storms almost exclusively for the water they need. Extra care is taken to keep nests salted with bones and the like. While the high ground gives safety from floods, fires are more common in the relative dryness.

The colonies wait for the Immortals to come and inspire love, teaching, reverence or fear.

Problem
    Birds have started attacking Coleoidea, knocking them off branches and eating them when the fall breaks open the shell.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2009-01-21 at 11:37 AM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1.0 3A, Tumulose lands
    The Tumulose continue their mostly solitary lives of wandering the plains, many of them seeming to grow bored. Despite their relatively small minds, the Tumulose still find themselves wanting more than a life of eating and sleeping, and while some are content to merely occupy their minds with memories of the plains they have traveled, most find themselves restless and seek something new to think about. Generally however the only thing new to these gentle giants is that some of them have become infested with a kind of ant that seems to burrow into their shell, and make them very uncomfortable, though few Tumulose could accurately guess why the ants are there, much less how to get rid of them, so such a simple matter could keep them occupied for a very long time indeed if nothing else came by to distract them.
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Turn 1.0, Khiir, 3C

"Keerig! Bleekh! Hzuur! Wakeupwakeupwakeup! BEAST!!!" Lii runs across the beach at top speed towards her nest, claws sinking in the sand and slowing her progress. The setting sun gleams brilliantly across the gentle waves that lap the shore. If only it would go down, she could see a little better, see what it was that followed her, its heavy footsteps pounding the wet sand unevenly and its snorting breath loud and persistent. "BEAST!" she yells again. She knows she's getting close; she hadn't gone that far when she woke up. Just down the beach a little, to stretch her legs and practice Flaming where no one would see her. She thought she was starting to get something when she smelled, then heard the Beast.

"BEAST!!" she cries once more, and this time she hears an answer. "Lii! Over here! In the trees!" The voice is that of Keerig, her pack Master and a Firebringer. If he is in the trees, that means the rest of the pack heard her, and they are there now. Lii veers slightly to the right, making for the tree cover she knows exists, with the stomping, pounding Beast right behind her.

The treeline comes into sight, and with it the promise of sight, and of safety. She bolts inside, out of the sun's glow, and chances a look behind her as her eyes quickly adjust to the darkness. Curses! Of all beasts, WHY? "STRONGBEAST!!!" Lii shrieks into the forest where she knows her pack lies in wait. "STRONGBEAST!! RUN!!!"

A scattering can be heard. Lii sees her pack members around her now, joining her flight. They can all see the Strongbeast just behind them, slower in the forest than they, but not by much. They had to get to thicker cover, someplace the Strongbeast could not follow. The whole pack is around her, now, and Lii sees Keerig at the head, leading the way.

Lii wishes it were darker, but at least she can see them now. She wishes the Strongbeast were slower, heavier, but it chases them through the trees all the same. Lii knows that Strongbeasts aren't afraid of Flaming: that's what makes them Strongbeasts. That's why Keerig is running with everyone else.

The scent on the ground changes. This is another pack's territory they're in, but it doesn't matter. Not enough to stop, even for a second. Lii is tired. The tree cover is heavier here, and she can see a little better, but running around trees is getting harder.

Split! She knows the order and follows it without even thinking. Keerig gives another string of commands, and these, she follows likewise as she veers off to the right. As she runs, she sees that she's passing a clearing--a clearing with Whiners in it! And she sees Bleekh, Keerig's mate and the fastest of the pack, streak across the center of the clearing, through the middle of the sleeping, slow-moving Whiners. They whine at her, briefly--stupid animals--and never even get out of the way of the Strongbeast that follows Bleekh as far as the Whiners, and determines that the big, slow, stupid animals make a far better meal. A Whiner goes down fast, gored by the Strongbeast's tusk, and the others separate and begin running slowly through the forest.

They were saved, this time. They were lucky. They were tired: they might go hungry that night. But they were alive.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 1.0, Perivigilo, 1A

There are currently 4 different clans in the mountains; while they are aware of each other's existence, they generally avoid contact. The clans' warriors have been hunting more than usual, trying to stockpile meat to make up for the recent dearth of moonlight, so the warriors have been encountering each other with increasing frequency. This has led to some minor skirmishes over hunting privileges, but nothing serious yet.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1.3, 3A, The Tumulose Lands
    The Tumulose generally avoid gathering together for a number of reasons. More than 2 or 3 in a single area tends to demolish the surrounding terrain under their massive feet and devouring maws. But perhaps most importantly, most Tumulose don't seem to really need, or even want, company. They simply have had nothing to say to eachother, but that seems to be changing due to one of their oldest. He sent a number of the youngsters around him to gather up everyone they could find, telling them that he had finally found a solution for the problem of the tiny biting creatures that had invaded their shells. Since almost all of the Tumulose have at least a small colony of the shell ants, they start to head to the designated area, a delta in the south east edge of their lands, where a number of small rivers collect together to form a large lake, just before trailing off into the ocean. The ground where the rivers start to meet up is a muddy field, threatening to engulf any of the enormous Tumulose that are too careless around the treacherously soft ground. The land is generally avoided by the Tumulose, for they fear getting stuck in the soft earth, though some risk it for the unusually high concentration of bushes and small tree's.

Turn 1.5, 3A, The Delta
    The land shakes under the massive feet of the Tumulose, and a sound like rolling thunder fills the air, as nearly every living Tumulose approaches the delta, in total 11 more Tumulose approach the meeting ground, and find just about the last thing they would have expected. The ancient one who put out the call, stuck, almost up to his head, in a rather large mud pit. A younger Tumulose, still small enough to not sink too deeply into the mud, will occasionally drag over a bush to the trapped elder. As the elder see's the rest of the Tumulose approaching he calls out to them, "Stay back. Soft-sticky land bad. I wander long time, found what kills tiny-biting-critters, but now I stuck. You help me. I help you. Get me out, and you no worry about tiny-biting-critters anymore." Many of the Tumulose seem dismayed at the prospect of having to pull him out, getting to him would be hard, and it would be very risky for more than a few of the younger ones to approach him, lest more get stuck in the mud. After staring at eachother for awhile, one of the other Tumulose finally calls back, "Wait. Need think. Need time. Little ones feed you. Big ones stay. Eat, think, sleep. Find way out of soft-sticky land. Then come back." After he finishes, many of the other Tumulose nod their heads in agreement, and start to wander off into the surrounding area, avoiding getting themselves stuck in the mud as well.

Turn 1.6, 3A, The Delta
    As of now, the Tumulose have still not found a solution for their trapped elder, and if they can not free him, they will continue to be pestered by the shell burrowing ants, until they start to die of infections, one by one. The land around them is becoming barren, from supporting 13 of the largest creature on the island for so long, and while they will occasionally call out ideas to each other, none of them are even worth trying. Many of the Tumulose start to despair, believing that perhaps all their kind are doomed, and if they had any knowledge or belief in higher powers, they would surely be calling out to them now. However as it is, most just seem to fall further and further into despair, as night after night passes with no one finding a solution to any of the problems facing them.
    Faster than a speeding wombat, more agile than a drunken Giraffe, able to leap off tall buildings in a single bound, it's PANTSMAN!!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Turn 1.2, the Perivigilo Mountains, A1

High above the Perivigilo mountains the air almost seem to shiver for a few moments as the avatar of Dimos manifests itself. Looking down on the mountains beneath him he could see a few members of the Perivigilo scattered among the mountains. He observed them dispassionately for a few moments before briefly concentrating to imbue his voice with the sound of thunder and his body with lightning.

"Perivigilo..." He said. Although it was almost a whisper his thunderous voice echoed among the mountain tops, certain to reach every single Perivigilo in the area. "I am Dimos, lord of weather. The Stormbringar and the Lightkeeper. The giver of rain and taker of drought."

After his introduction Dimos paused for a few moments and let the bolts of lightning dashing across his body increase in strength to support his claims.

"Perivigilo..." He said once more, now in an almost friendly voice. "Worship and I will help you grow and thrive amongst these mountains and the lands below. Worship me and the weather will be you ally instead of your enemy. Worship me..." Dimos paused once more. Although he held little interest in it himself, he knew what was dramatically fitting.

"And nothing will ever stop you."

OOC: If it wasn't obvious, I'm using my Voice of Thunder miracle. I considered shining really brightly as well but considering the Pervigilo's aversion to light, that seemed kinda counter-productive.
    Last edited by Lykainon; 2009-01-24 at 07:29 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Brisivous 1.2 3C

He appears in a forest and yells. "I know you are here so come out and greet Brisivous Warblade! I am the Lord of War and the Earth you now stand on! I wish to make a deal with you, so come out!" He stops yelling and waits for the creaures to come out.

9. - Top - End - #9

Turn 1.6, The Tumulose Delta, 3A

In the sky directly above the trapped elder a wind suddenly started to blow and the air at it's center seemed to thicken until it took the shape of the Stormbringer. In the moments it took the gigantic creatures to notice him Dimos carefully observed them, pondering what might appeal to them.

All the creatures of the world were to be united under one Immortal. Fate had spoken and Dimos had every intention of making it reality.

"Behold, tumulose." He said as his body began shining with an intense light, similar to the sun itself. "I am Dimos, lord of weather. Child of the Radiant Sun. The Stormbringer and Lightkeeper."

Faithful to his habits he paused for dramatic effect after his introduction before continuing. "Now you walk alone in this world. Lost. Vulnerable. Even the oldest and wisest of you can become trapped by the earth itself in a cruel twist of fate. Even the youngest and healthiest of you could all die if the planes around you become barren."

"All this could change." Dimos said and started to decend towards the Tumulose, eventually appearing between the elder and the others. "Worship me and nature will be your servant, not your enemy. The lands will forever flourish with food for all. When you search for guidance in the night, there will be light. When you search for shade in the day, there will be darkness."

"Worship me and together..." He began as the light around him faded and he paused. "Together we will make a better world."
    Last edited by Lykainon; 2009-01-24 at 12:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1.2, 3C, Khiir Lands, Clan 3, Eliyanna Shadran

The spider manifests (small size) deep in the forest from which Eliyanna had felt the strongest tug. Here were beasts capable of conscious thought, and in need of the things she could teach them. She did not know how she knew this, or why she cared, but at least it promised to be more interesting than the place she had left. Once she was used to her new, more solid form, she scuttled off into the shadows of the forest in search of the ones she had felt, the cool night air brushing over her hairs...

It did not take long for her to come across the pack that she had felt before. Much of the clan was out hunting, but there were still a few Khiir left tending the eggs in the small pits that had been done. Perfect...

Remaining hidden in the undergrowth of the forest, using every innate trick she knew to keep herself hidden, she calls out to those who are left...

"Hello, tiny fire breathers. Do not flee. I am a friend, and am here to help you and see you. I am not like you. I do not breathe fire. That is a good skill. But I can do many things you can not. Let us talk to each other so that things may be made better."

Turn 1.7, 5C, Coleoidea Lands, Inland Colony, Eliyanna Shadran

Remanifesting, Eliyanna gets her bearings. "Well, that went well..." She begins scuttling along the floor, sensing more than seeing which way she is supposed to go. Soon she comes upon a grove of trees which seemed similar to the grove she had seen from her higher vantage point. Hiding in the dense underbrush, she calls out:

"Tree dwellers! Listen! I am not Beast, and I am not you! I am different, and I am powerful. I am here to talk with you. I wish to help you! Please talk to me!"
    Last edited by Jerian_Rumple; 2009-01-24 at 08:15 PM.
    Seek ye not the source of honey, lest ye find it.

-The True Jerian Rumple

11. - Top - End - #11

Turn 1.2, Khiir, Pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

When they hear sound, sudden and close by, the two Khiir standing watchfully over their nests turn abruptly to face the source of the voice. Looking around intensely into the brush, they stand between the perceived threat and their nests, puffed up to look as large as possible. Their tails wave behind their heads and their claws are out in front of them, like a grappler's. The one on the right speaks. His voice is a series of clicks and growls and hisses; as he continues to stare he ventures cautiously, You are not like us? How? Are you Beast? What do you want?

Turn 1.2, Pack 13, Brisivous

When the Immortal appears, he hears creatures of all sizes scatter from his sudden appearance. Bellowing out into the forest, the only reply he gets is the sound of his own breathing. Nor do any creatures approach his as he waits in the forest.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just picked a pack at random since you didn't specify which you would like to visit.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Turn 1.0, Perivigilo, 1A (Sorry, meant to add this much earlier)

The Perivigilo in the mountains are currently divided into four clans. To the NW (I'm just going to go ahead and call the top of the grid north, and go from there) is the Highpeak clan. In the center of the mountains is theTwomoons clan. Farthest south is the Lowpeak clan, and the Batpeak clan lives slightly NE of Lowpeak

The Clans
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Highmountain clan is currently the smallest clan. It has no albino, but the clan's nest is on one of the highest peaks in the mountains, so until now they have had plenty of moonlight. Even now, they are less affected by the weather than the other clans, although the declining birthrate has affected them strongly. However, the Highmountain clan has much less fertile hunting ground than the other clans, and they have had to range farther in the recent storm. Their warlike leader has instigated many of the hunting skirmishes mentioned before.

The Twomoons clan is the large, and is called such because they are currently blessed with two albino perivigilos. However, the younger of the two albinos is growing increasingly dissatisfied with the elder's leadership, believing that the clan should flee the mountains in search of better moonlight.

The Lowpeak clan lives in one of the smaller mountains in the perivigilo's territory, but they also have on of the largest hunting grounds. The albino leading the Lowpeak clan is more of a pacifist than the other leaders; the other clans, especially the Highpeak, have taken this for a sign of weakness and regularly raid the Lowpeak's hunting grounds.

The Darkhide clan is the most isolated of the clans, preferring to hunt as far away from other clans as possible. They get their name from their especially dark skin; they have no albino at the moment, and albinos among them are especially rare.

{table=head]Clan|Number of members
    Highpeak|16
    Twomoons|48
    Lowpeak|32
    Darkhide|32[/table]

(The perivigilo are right on the border between Small and Medium, so I decided to group population as if they were medium creatures.

Turn 1.1, Perivigilo, Lowpeak clan, 1A

After a particularly vicious border skirmish with the Highpeak clan, the leader of the Lowpeak clan decides that they should try to flee.
    <<Moving the Lowpeak clan to 2A>>

Turn 1.1, Perivigilo, Twomoons clan, 1A, Dimos

(I'm not sure if it's night or day, so I'm going to assume it's day. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dimos's thundering voice wakes the Twomoons clan from their peaceful slumber. They cower away from the entrance of the cave, terrified of the fearsome voice. Stormbringer? Lightkeeper? Was Moon angry with them, that she had sent the storms? Why now had her servant--for such a powerful being must be the Moon's servant--arrived? If this fearsome creature was master of the Light and the Storm, what did he want with them?

After much deliberation, the elder albino of the clan, an aged perivigilo by the name of Moon's Gift, crept toward the entrance of the cave. In a screechy voice he called out a fearful greeting. "We greet you, Moon's Servant. Do we anger the Moon? She does not shine on us. The storm hides her light. Have you come so we may please the Moon, so we may see her again?
    Last edited by GreenDelusion; 2009-01-24 at 07:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Beast? I am not Beast! I am Other. I come from Other place. Not anywhere here, but the Other place. I want to talk to you. Learn of you. Help you. You are important. Special. Will you talk with me? Learn of me? I am Eliyanna Shadran. Who are you?"

-The True Jerian Rumple

14. - Top - End - #14

OOC: I was actually thinking it was night (bolts of lightning across a body are so much less impressive during the day) but I'll leave it up to you if you want to change your post or keep it day.

Turn 1.2, the Perivigilo Mountains, A1

As Dimos heard someone reply he lowered himself towards the creature that had spoken. This people certainly seemed fixated on the moon but that could work. Moon light was light, after all.

"You have not displeased the moon, people of the mountain." Dimos stated, figuring out what to say as he went. "She has merely been weakened. There are other creatures in this world and their belief in false gods instead of the Moon and I, her servant, drains her strength. Put your faith in me as you do in the Moon and I will help her regain her strength to shine through every cloud on the sky."

15. - Top - End - #15

"Other?" the Khiir who spoke narrows his eyes as he looks into the brush. "Not Khiir, not Beast... then what are you? Where are you?" he demands of the bush. "Come out, but do not come close! Or we will hunt you!"

Eliyanna understands the threat, not aggressively, but that the creatures will protect themselves immediately if they feel threatened. If Eliyanna shows herself...
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Stop there," the Khiir commands. He takes a step or two forward once she stops, and looks at her through narrowed, calculating eyes. Finally, he takes a step back. "You are like spiders. Only very big. Why do you talk? Why do you say you are an 'Other'? How will you help me?"

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Turn 1.7, 1C, Inland Colony

The Coleoidea seem confused by Eliyanna's voice. She's sure they heard it but they seem to be having trouble understanding what was said. Despite the colony being shaken very little information is exchanged. They signal asking if there is anything near the tree.
    "Others! Creature is here?"
    "I did not see creatures. Others see?"
    After a couple seconds they calm down again when no threat becomes apparent. Most go back to resting in their nests. However, one of the creatures in the lower branches of the colony tree starts to twist and wave their tentacles in complex patterns. Despite not knowing what the movments mean, Eliyanna understands the language she sees being signed. It doesn't seem to be talking to anyone directly, more like it's thinking out loud.
    "I am me. I am different and not others. I talk to myself? I am me?
    Check out Avatar

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Do not hurt me. I am not strong, but I am smart. Here I come."

With that, Eliyanna crawls out from her hiding place among the bushes and comes to stand before the Khiir that have remained. Even though she does not move her legs continue to flex and bend a little, always shifting. She does not do anything to overtly threaten, however, and she is not very big. Big for a spider, but not all that large overall.

"I am an Other because I am not part of everything you know. I come from another everything. I talk because I can. The same reason why you talk. I am smart like you. I know things like you. I can teach you things I know. I can teach you how to hide from Beasts. I can teach you how to trick food. I can help you, if you listen. Will you listen?"

Turn 1.7, Coleoidea, Inland Colony, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna waits as they talk, then sighs inwardly as they return to their lives. Perhaps they were not ready yet to hear of her. Then, a single member began to speak to itself, and Eliyanna decides to give it another try. Continuing to move stealthily, she creeps closer to the one and begins to whisper to it.

"Good. You are you. You are different. You are special. I am me. I am the creature from before. I will not hurt you. I will help you. We can talk?"

-The True Jerian Rumple

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Turn 1.7, Coleoidea, Inland Colony

Revalation seems to come into the Coleodiea's slitted eyes. Although Coleoidea don't have very experesive faces. It might just be deeper confusion. In either case it starts to sign faster.
    "Other? Other is not me!" It looks around as if expecting to see someone else. But even in the sparse vegation that grows in the sandy soil around the tree, Eliyanna remains well hidden to its sight.
    "You talk? No arms and you talk? How? You here? I not see you here and other talk without me seeing other? How does other talk without moving arms? Is other inside? It withdraws its eyes into its shell to search the interior.
    "Other is creature? How does creature help? How does other creature talk?" The Coleoidea pokes one eye back out, scanning the area again in vain.
    Check out Avatar

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I talk. You understand. I am very powerful. I am not a creature like you know. I am an Other creature. I come from a different place. A different everywhere. I talk different, but you understand, because I am powerful. I am an Other. I can help you. I can teach. I know like you know. I know more. I know tricks. I know hiding. Speak with me. Tell me what you need to know..."

-The True Jerian Rumple

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Hiding? I know hiding. I not seen hiding like yours, or any other that does your hiding. Speak the tricks for hiding. With the powerful Other hiding tricks, birds not find me."
    Eliyanna notices that the Coleoidea has begun to associate the sound of her voice with the understanding it recieves. It can tell which direction it's coming from but no matter how much it searches with the eye on that side of its shell it can't seem to find her.
    Check out Avatar

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1.6, 3A, Tumulose Delta
    As the stormlord first appears many of the Tumulose seem obviously frightned, if they were a smaller more mobile race, they likely would have fled into the wilderness. But being the large unwieldly things that they are, they merely hide in their shells, listening to what Dimos has to say. Even after he finishes his inspiring speach, Dimos finds that many of the Tumulose still seem a little scared, or at least confused, by his grandois speech, and are merely hiding, or peering out of their shells at him. The elder however seems slightly more attentive (or more desperate) and responds, "You can help us survive the land? Avoid the soft-ground? Find more trees and bushes? What must we do?" Hearing one of their own speak seems to enbolden the skittish giants a little, and one of the younger ones, a Tumulose barely 12 feet across, speaks up as well, "You can keep us from being alone? Travel together like after hatching? Can make land support us all together? How, how we work with Dimos?" Though most of the Tumulose now are still hiding, they are at least watching what Dimos does and says, obviously curious about this strange new being, though few have the courage to do more than watch.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Birds? Ah, the flying ones I have seen. Yes, they will not find you. I am coming out. Do not flee." With that, Eliyanna crawls out from the foliage onto the branch. Assuming the Coleoidea does not attack or flee, she continues.

"I am Eliyanna Shadran. I know how to hide. You have colors. This is good. You use colors to hide. This is good. You must use motion to hide too. You must use everything. You can not hide in everything. You have to be everything. Your colors cannot be like everything. They must be everything. Look at everything. Always. It is. You are not everything. When you become everything, you hide. You hide well. Practice with the colors. Make yourself be everything. You understand me?"

-The True Jerian Rumple

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

The Coleoidea seems a little surprised by the Immortals "sudden" appearance, having been sure it had looked directly at that spot and not seen her. It leaves its nest and climbs down to get a closer look at her. It circles once and settles in front of her.
    It makes small signs to itself. Strange powerful Other, has stiff arms and all shell. Then addressing her it says. I and others can make color like here and there. I will show. And then it seems to turn inside out. Water spills out as folds of skin stretch out of the shell and envelope the creature. The mantle then takes on a crude coloring of the ground and the skin puckers into a pebbly texture. While it a cursory glance might overlook the Coleoidea, its hiding skills are pretty poor. The color is largely monochromatic, blending all surrounding colors into a single swatch of brown; the false texture lacks refinement. And this Coleoidea seems to have a tendancy to fidget its limbs, which breaks the illusion.
    After holding the position for a short time it retracts back into its shell.
    Need to breath. it signs and quickly climbs back up the tree and refills its shell before coming back down again.
    Check out Avatar

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eliyanna watches as this young Coleoidea puts on its display, then shakes her head back and forth, a display that requires her to shift her whole arachnid body. She waits for the young one to return, then continues her explaination.

"No, you do not know. You do well, but not good enough. You can be seen. Let me show you."

Unsure of exactly how she is supposed to show him, she becomes introspective. It's then that she feels the spark of power. Without thinking, she reaches inside herself, grabs it, and yanks.

Suddenly between them there appears an image of the Coleoidea, looking as it did when it was camoflaged. "This is how you are seen when you are hidden." The image remains for just a few seconds before disappearing. "You see? You are like everything, but are not everything. This must be different. You must be everything. All the colors, not one color. You understand?"

Cast Level 1 Minor Illusion

-The True Jerian Rumple

25. - Top - End - #25

Turn 1.6, Tumulose Delta, 3A

As Dimos replied, he turned to the Tumulose one by one, especially the ones who'd spoken to him. "Yes. I can help you with all of that and much, much more. You too, will have to make an effort but trust me, it will all be worth it in the end."

"All you have to do is have faith in me. Put the same kind of confidence and trust in me as you would in one of your elders. Just... believe in me."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

The Coleoidea rolls its eyes in puzzlement.
    "Other good at hiding like you." It streches out a tentacle to the spot where the illusion was but of course feels nothing. Where....?" it does a fast search and still finding nothing it begins excitedly.
    "If other powerful with hiding tricks, I can." Then it seems to remember what Eliyanna had been trying to teach and it once again became confused.
    Other was how I was. I was same color as here. It puts its arm to the ground and shifts the local pigment. While it is once again a flat brown, its a little more red than the sand. Still, the Coleoidea seems confident that the colors match.
    Check out Avatar

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eliyanna bobs her head up and down in the imitation of a nod. "Yes. You were same color as there. Close to it. But you must be same color as all around it." Eliyanna spins in a circle to emphasize the point. "All colors around. Color of here, and here, and here, and here. All at the same time. Like this.".

Eliyanna focuses one last time, and a Coleoidea appears, colored normally, then quickly shifting to match the mottled appearance of the ground, still visible, but not as visible as the Coleoidea she is speaking to when it camoflages. The image fades away again.

"You must have many colors to hide. Not just one."

-The True Jerian Rumple

28. - Top - End - #28

Turn 1.2, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

The Khiir Eliyanna is addressing pauses for a moment at this proposition. The flat, scaly patch on his head is a dark green color; his eyes a matching red. After this consideration, he declares, "I will listen to you, Other Eliyanna Shadran. When Master Viikh returns, he will decide if we all listen to you. Now you are talking to Liguu." He pauses for a moment, and continues, "What will you teach us? We do not hide from Beasts. Beasts hide from us! We can Flame, scare Beasts away!"

The other individual, who has not spoken, opens his mouth for a split second, then closes it again, as though he had something to say about this, but Liguu continues, "What can you teach us, Other Eliyanna Shadran?Why do you want to?"

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1.2, Khiir pack 3, Eliyanna Shadran

Eliyanna listens to Liguu calmly, swaying slightly from side to side on her hair-covered legs. When he is done, she considers for a short while, then speaks, speaking loud enough so her voice carries clearly.

"Liguu. I can teach you much. You did not say that you could not use help with food. I can help you trick food. I can help you make traps. Traps to catch food for you. I can help you make traps for Beasts so they leave you alone without flame. I can help you a lot. I can teach you much. I can teach you how to hide to make everything easy. Many things. Why I teach you? Because the fire breathers are special. Strong, smart, quick! When I am here, I want your help, and give you my help. Listen to me and help me, and you will learn much."

-The True Jerian Rumple

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turn 1.6, Tumulose Delta, 3A
    The trapped elder seems almost a little angry at Dimos "We respect elders. Elders earn respect. Live long time. Bigger than any others. What you do? Silly flappers fly like you. All day bright thing shine in sky. You not help us. Why respect you? You just more not us." Before the elders speech, many of the Tumulose looked like they were truly starting to listen to Dimos, but few are willing to cross an elder, even one stuck in the mud. Some of the younger Tumulose will likely do as he says, but without an act of good will on his part, it is unlikely that many of the older Tumulose will follow him.