New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default The Furthest of Places (IC)

It has been been a week since you stood on the parade field on Avern with thirty six of your other trainees. After two months of formal training at one of the Ranger bases planetside, you and your fellows were assigned to 46th Pathfinders, a medium-sized unit of 200 to replace losses sustained in action. Within the hour, you had collected your effects and said your goodbyes before you marched double-file into the shuttle that would take you to the 'Forever on the Great Road,' the troop frigate that the 46th claimed as home. While the veteran members of the unit were released on leave, you were fitted for armor, issued kit. When the rest of the unit returned from their short leave, you were given unit assignments. Surprisingly, you and five of your fellow trainees found yourself in the same squad--one of the 46th's general purpose squads. You may have seen one annother's faces in basic before, but in a class of 6000, you don't know the names of your new squadmates.

You now sit clustered in the same alcove in troop bay, by your assigned bunks. Around you, you see other squads cautiously and somewhat standoffishly aquainting themselves with thier new members.

(OOC: THis is the time to make introductions and such, and hopefully see how the party works together)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Furthest of Places (IC)

Ahuhi Rafael

Ahuhi leans against the wall on his bed, which he had claimed swiftly when they had filed in, what meager possesions he owned were strewn across the sheets like some strange junk yard vomit. His voice was soft, almost sullen as he was the first to speak up

"Ahuhi Rafael. Lets get along."

He then turned to his things, and remained silent.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Warren lays on his bunk tossing a grenade up and down. "****. I could have been the captain of this ship. Look at me now, just a faceless and completely replaceable grunt." He says bitterly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Having stowed his gear neatly, Maelcums' huge figure dwarfs his bunk as he sits embroidering a strip of white cloth with red thread. The picture of such a man doing such a task is almost comical; large rough hands performing so delicate a task. His attitude, though, is not one of embarrassment, but rather one of solitude among many, a distant look in his eye as he makes busy work with his hands. He looks up briefly as each member of the squad introduces themselves, meeting their gazes with an intense look, but says nothing before returning to his handicraft.
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Robert Altman

Robert walks up and says, a bit shyly, "Hi, I'm Robert Altman."

Robert carefully lays his gear out and begins taking apart the mechanical items from his gear and inspecting the parts.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Warren sighs. "Why am I even in this ****ty outfit? I can fly fighters. How could they have made me infantry?"

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

Robert

Robert nervously eyes the whiny recruit from the corner of his eye, but says nothing. He finishes cleaning the firing mechanism of his side arm.
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Martin Meyers - Medic

"Hey, Hey! Time for introductions I guess."

Martin jumps from his bunk, while he actually just crawled in moments before to try out the matress.

"Call me Marty, looks like i get to be your medic. So anyone sick already or can I wait until someone gets shot?"

He grins at everyone in the room.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

In the face of Marty's cheerful demeanor and greeting, Maelcums distant look starts to fade. He ties off a thread and puts his embroidery to one side, sighs and introduces himself to the group. His voice is deep and gravelly, almost exactly what you'd expect from the burly soldier.

"Maelcum Garvey. Garvey to you. You want something? Then you talk to me. If not, don't bother. I don't have the time or the effort to deal with wasters."

Having said his piece, he picks up his needle and thread and pointedly resumes sewing.
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

For now, Martin seems to be untouched by Garveys harsh response and keeps up his happy smile.

"Aww come on man, we all gotta be friends here, 'aight? Watching our backs and all that... What's with that keen kompetition anyway, sewing should be my area of work I guess."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Warren sits up. "What does it matter? We'll probably all die un whatever alien infested hellhole we're being sent tp."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Pausing for a moment, Maelcum looks up at Martin with a calculating look in his eye.

"I may as well get it over with, 'cos you lot'll only bug me about it if I don't. You watch my back, I'll watch yours; that's our job and what we've been trained to do. That don't mean we're friends or that I trust you. You prove you're worth it, then maybe that'll change. As for my pass-times, you don't question, you don't mock. You do and you might regret it. I'm not a forgiving man."

You get the impression that Maelcum hasn't strung that many words together in a long long time and that you'll likely not hear as many again. His gaze holds no emotion, neither rancour nor friendliness. He scratches his beard and resumes his needlework.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Martin Meyers

"Alright, alright, whatever."

Martin shrugs and hops back into his bunk. Turning to Warren he continues:

"And what's got you so riled up man? We hit the dirt, kill us some of the creepies and then it's all soldier-style leisure, you know, all that drinking and gambling and getting it on with the ladies..."

14. - Top - End - #14

Ahuhi simply brush's his things into his carrying bag, and leans back on the bed
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Arinau Undar sat quietly during this banter, his dark green eyes intent with only observation, as he sat up during Martin's remark with raised eyebrows.
    "My name is Arinau Undar, what seems to be wrong Maelcum? You seem to have something bothering you." He asked with sincerity as he stood up from his seat.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Maelcum pointedly stops sewing and looks up and straight into Arinau's dark green gaze, meeting it with his own emerald green eyes. The withering expression on his face screams "this is the third time I've interrupted what I'm doing in as many minutes, this'd better be good", though he says nothing. As the moment lengthens in silence, Maelcums gaze does not falter, nor his expression change. Eventually, Maelcum breaks silence and growls;

"What. do. you. want?"

The menace in his voice is clear, matching the darkening expression on his face. His gaze is slowly becoming a glare and his jaw is tense.

17. - Top - End - #17

Ahuhi sidhed. It was clear he wasn't going to get sleep unless he said something.

"He already asked what he wanted. Answer him and shut up, or get mad, and shut up. Either way, no one cares about the tough angry guy attitude. Ignore him if you don't wanna answer, or remember that your stuck with us and get used to the idea.

We don't need sulky brats who throw tantrums in our unit. you'll just get us killed out there."
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Warren answers Martin "I could have done all that before, without the added risk of being hacked to bits by some freakishly huge bug. I signed up to be a fighter pilot, but instead I'm in a suicide squad with Mr. Sunshine here." He points at Maelcum

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Now, now, there's no need for conflict, I'm sorry that I bothered you Maelcum, I'm sure that we can learn to work together for a better world." He said as he backed away, crawling into bed.

20. - Top - End - #20

RogueGuy

Robert

In an attempt to break the growing antagonism in the air Robert speaks up

"Ermm, guys, if anyone wants me to take a look at their side arm, my firing mechanism was slightly misaligned . . . . yours might need some fine tuning also . . . ."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Robert, where do you come from? I hail from a ice world, worthy of notice only because of the fuel depoists." Arinau asked, as he tossed him his sidearm, attempting to brighten the atmosphere.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Ignoring Ahuhi, Maelcum grunts as he relaxes, having no interest in the banter now that it's moved away from him. He shoots a filthy look at Warren and resumes his task, his features softening as he loses himself in the simple pleasure of embroidery.

23. - Top - End - #23

RogueGuy

Robert

Robert grins shyly.

"I'm from Marko," (its a planet that is nothing but city, so some might have heard of it) he says as he pulls the gun apart at a speed that any watching will note as remarkable.

He inspects a few of the parts and nods. "Same with this one. Whoever put these together had the firing off by just a smidge . . . i don't think you'd notice unless you were trying to shoot something less than 50 feet away .. . . but . . . . well I don't like to see machines in anything but perfect working order."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"New Seattle on Frey, where I should have stayed."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"So, your some kind techie? What do you specialize in?" Arinau asked with curiosity.

26. - Top - End - #26

RogueGuy

Robert

Robert shrugs and says "I don't know, I guess. I just like machines, im pretty handy with them."

27. - Top - End - #27

Ahuhi simply remains silent, placing his pillow over his face
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"So how did you all end up in this stinkhole of a regiment?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"The rangers to me since I was little seemed like superheros. So when came of age, i just stuck on the nearest cargo ship and signed up." Arinau replied absent mindly.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Warren laughs at that. "Ha! What a dumbass. You actually believe all that propoganda?"