New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Total War 2125, round two.

Citing a defensive pact with Khaos, Net Tibetan troops quickly start advancing along the border, with air-strikes against border fortification and factories.

Globo
    Spoiler
    Show
    a company or two of mechs from your Tibetan factories please.

GIAf condemns in the strongest wording possible The useless eradication of a civilian city.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

S.A.G.A.

Saga would like to announce the resources still being piped and sent to your nations, will halt for any nation who participates in this worldwide Embargo, we would also like to announce to the Nordic league that you are no longer receiving GEC resources, if you should shut down the embargo, resources will continue to flow.

On a separate note, we are currently searching for arms deals and mercenary soldiers for any nations interested.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

GEC

JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gascar shall begin the construction of "New Madia" (like old Madia but considerably smaller).
    Zanta, Jonny and the remainder of the National Guard attack one of the docks, attempting to steal as many boats as they can, and then head towards the NRE as fast as possible.

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    [This message is sent at the same time as my attack on the docks.]"As you know, SAGA have recently occupied Madia, with some of our officials still on it. These officials are currently attempting an escape, and due to our mutual enemy I hope you will recieve them."

To SAGA:

"This is Shauna Hani, and I have the power to obliterate your troops on Madia completely. I give you one chance: Withdraw your troops NOW. Make the right choice, or we both lose."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Re Grey:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, unless you want to go up to Kim and say "yo, can we get some stuff..." it's not exactly on the DL, neh? Oh look, Globo threw you your payment. Be happy.

NRE to SAGA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahahahahaha. Ha. HA! WAtch your television, Lukas, you shall have your response tonight.

NRE to Switzerland.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Very droll. Don't try it again, Hans.

NRE to Nordic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why thank you very much.

Re, other things: DOH. Ah well, soon to be fixed.

NRE to the GEC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why, this is much apreciated!

Hey people, if I'm missing something or you want a clarification, just PM me and I'll get on it toot sweet.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

The clear open hostilities on the boarder forces Khao to continue to build its forces there. The newly aquired and manufacred Mechs are seen at the boarder.

M.O.T.U.I
    Spoiler
    Show
    We urge you to reconsider your actions. Remove all forces from the boarder by the marrow. We do not want bloodshed, but we will bring fire from the skies and blood to your oceans should you harm one part of our soil.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

To JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    But... but... fine. I little high on the nefarious laughter for Umberto... yet I approve
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Globo

At the quarterly shareholders meeting in Prosperity, Globo CEO makes a major announcement.

"As you all know, The VREE has recently been dissembled. Extraction teams from Globo managed to take a great deal of technology, in addition we managed to get a hold of a large deal of VREE's more mundane paperwork. Among those items found were several extensive contracts.

It is my intent that Globo take control of those contracts like any corporation would in a more, conventional, hostile take over. As such Globo will honor any contractual commitment made by the VREE prior to their dissemblance."

@The JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    Globo will step in, taking over all of VREE's defunct contracts. Supply will be met by new factories opening in the US and GAIF.

@GAIF
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course. For a modest price, the Globo Factories will supply your every military need.

@NRE
    Spoiler
    Show

The attack on Rome seems to suggest that the Imperial Army might be in need of increased air defense. Globo is willing to supply both aircraft and anti-aircraft weapons, for a price I'm sure the even the most precocious of senators would find reasonable.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Umm... why is this appreciated?"
    I wonder if, when the comic eventually ends, people on the boards will continue for several years to say that it's not actually over yet...

9. - Top - End - #99

Helvetica

Helvetica to NRE
    Spoiler
    Show

Heh. Oh, I give you my word that I won't try again, Umberto. In fact, I could end this war right now, with a few words. But I won't. I want to see how this plays out.

Of course, you understand the reason why I wanted your land; whether they win or lose, SAGA will turn their power-hungry eyes on me next. I do not think you can wipe out SAGA with a single war, thus I wanted some insurance.

Tell you what. If it seems that you're winning, I'll- Wait, what?

You sent troops through the ALPS?!? AND YOU HAD A PART IN LEVELING A PORTION OF IT?!?! I warn you, Umberto, that could have been taken as an act of war. You are lucky that my beloved Switzerland has nearly always been neutral.

I will not declare war against you, but consider this your only warning.

The same goes for SAGA.

Helvetica to SAGA
    Spoiler
    Show

What are you playing at, Lukas? Leveling part of the Alps? Need I remind you, Helvetica contains a large portion of the Alps.

I do still intend to build the... satellite for you, but consider this a condemnation of what you're doing.

Helvetica on the MOTUI-Khao War

"Just as in the SAGA-NRE war, we will remain neutral."
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2009-02-21 at 12:38 PM.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

10. - Top - End - #100

Saga would like to announce their forces will be withdrawing their troops from the GEC in order to protect their mainland.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll cancel the docks attack, for obvious reasons.

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scratch that. I no longer need your hospitality, but we are still grateful.

UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am slightly dubious about our agreement. Please explain your inaction.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Message to Helvtica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was in the Italian Alps you fool, and I'm rather more upset about the leveling of Rome. The worlds greatest city, thousands on thousands of years of history wiped out. Ha. No, you see, SAGA's losing this, no matter if they leave their precious little island in the Atlantic. Even had I not... plans for them, I could hold them off.

13. - Top - End - #103

Helvetica

Hans Scherman declares Helvetica "Protector of the Alps", marches to war

In a news conference today, Helvetica Prime Minister Hans Scherman reportedly declared himself and his country the protectors of all the Alps, no matter where the mountain range extends to.

In a statement, Mr. Scherman stated thus: "For centuries, Switzerland, and now Helvetica have stayed eternally neutral, not even protecting the very mountains of our beloved homeland. We have stood idly by while madmen march through our lands and create senseless violence and mayhem. I will change this. From now on, any area of land within 50 miles of the Alpine Mountains is hereby declared to be protected by Helvetica.

Furthermore, as the near pointless war between SAGA and the NRE has endangered the Alps, I hereby declare war on the NRE.

Additionally, any survivors of SAGA's attack on Rome are free to live in Helvetica. The still-living members of the Papacy will have a new home in Helvetica's beloved capital of Bern until this war ends."

Immediately after the news conference ends, the robotic legions of Helvetica march from the cities of Switzerland, and move into the NRE holdings closest to Helvetica.

Helvetica to NRE
    Spoiler
    Show

Be as that may, I have no doubt that your war with SAGA would have led to the full destruction of the Alps. Thus, my little announcement. And of course, I told you that you will know the power of Helvetica and SAGA, if you refused me, didn't I? I will strengthen Helvetica's position, even if it leads us to war, Umberto. I can be expansionist just as well as you and Lukas Brandt can, Umberto.

So consider this your final request to surrender.

And as for Rome. It has been destroyed before. It will be destroyed again. This is simply fact. You shouldn't concern yourself with it that badly.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    Work on New Madia will continue, but be converted to an underwater city, and fitted with engines.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hmm... a line of black cars rolls out to the blasted waste land that was once the center of Western Civilization. The camera pans accross the devastated skyline. There, just recognizable, is the toppled Cossesium. The camera cuts to St. Peter's Basilica, lingers, cuts again to pan over some corpses being carried off, and cuts again, to a podium, upon which stands a man with a laurel wreath on his head.

I am the Emperor Umberto, speaking here outside of Rome, the capital of our empire.

These are dark days my friends, with barbarians all around us. But I ask you, is this the darkest day we've faced? I say no! At the battle of Cannae, Hanibal of Carthage destroyed the entirity of Rome's military might, and then asked for our surrender. To his mind, the Punic Wars were over, with him the victor. But the Romans were a different breed then the fools he'd fought before. We turned him down. Why? Because defeat was, and is, an alien concept. We were so assured of our accendency, our rightful place as the supeiriors to all we beheld, that we couldn't believe that we were beaten. And we were right! We turn down his offers for 'peace,' for 'surrender.' And we took the war to his land, to his people, and beat him bloody in the Battle of Carthage, and made him bow down before us.

And now we face the same, but now we fight the, aha, Swiss. For some reason they do not come to replace the guards that died here by the barbarians' hands, but they think to bring the war to us.
    Ha! HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! On the grounds that further damage, to their Alps, can not be risked. Well, those were our Alps, thank you very much, wheather or not elephants happen to be riding through them, and second, who the hell do they think dropped that bomb? Ha!

Let them come I say, bring it on. We do not fear them. When we've killed their barbaric overlords we'll soon show the Swiss the strength of true Roman rule.

Spoiler
    Show
    And that, ladies and gentleman, is how to turn flavor posts into a weapon.

+1 morale to the NRE
    +.5 FO to the NRE
    -1 FO to the Swiss (for this and the war, plus the whole alps thing.)

16. - Top - End - #106

Helvetica

Hans Scherman is televised standing in front of one of the mighty Swiss Alps, a deeply regretful look on his face. His next speech is anything but practiced.

"This is a message from Helvetica, and myself to Emperor Umberto's Roman Empire.

I... I apologize for my rash declaration of war against the New Roman Empire, and hereby call off my robot troops marching against them. I seek peace with the NRE. Umberto's words have shown Helvetica our true foe. And it is not the NRE.

As a show of good faith and as a gesture of peace, I offer to use Helvetica's resources to build shattered Rome. I also offer Umberto's troops free access through Helvetica, as long as they do not harm Helvetica in any way, shape, or form.

I... I am sorry for my actions. I fear I have ruined Helvetica's reputation forever. I see now that, however I may detest Umberto, there is a far greater foe here.

Helvetica hereby once again becomes neutral. Furthermore, my rather stupid declaration of protection of the Alps is hereby voided. I hope that all these actions will repair Helvetica's reputation."

Helvetica workers do exactly as outlined in the speech, and massive amounts of aid is sent to Rome to help rebuild it, but are not actually allowed in NRE territory until the peace is ensured.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

American HQ

Kara gawked at the screen as a publicized message of Helevetica's speech came on. Then she laughed, long and loud. Several Jade standing at attention threw her sidelong looks through their masks but said nothing.

Shia was braver "Sister, what is so amusing?"

Kara smirked " Look at this fool, apologizing for his actions" she covered her mouth " Now he'll just have made an enemy with Umberto, revealed his armies, make himself look like a jackass and THEN not even have the balls to go through with it, making him look weak"

Shia looked troubled "I apologize, I miss the hilarity of his actions"

Kara looked scornfully at her blond sister "I was just thinking that if he was Jade, we would torture and Kill him for such weakness"

Shia blinked but said nothing, she still didn't see anything funny in the fact but she knew better than disagree with Kara.

Actions JJ

Spoiler
    Show
    In the chaos of the attack on the GEC and Rome, Blood Jade move in to usurp the local crime families and syndicates (Under the name's The Triad and The Romero family respectively).

Grand Master Nichen punishes Helvetica for its weakness by increasing destabilizing governmental and military agents, and by stealing the Robot army plans.

Does Kara find the doctors she needs?
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #108

Naval wargames in North Sea

The Nordic Naval Defense Force is going to be conducting naval excercises within the North Sea over the next several weeks to ensure the readiness of our forces during these dangerous times of war. It is advised that all foreign shipping and military vessels seek alternative routes and avoid the practice zone as live weapons will be used.

@JJ
    Spoiler
    Show

Naval mines will be placed on known shipping routes or routes suspected that the GEC may attempt to use. These areas will be considered within the confines of the war games and deemed "officially" for use by naval minesweepers to practice clearing mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll limit my movements around the North sea.

NRE
    Spoiler
    Show
    EDITED
    Last edited by curtis; 2009-02-22 at 11:44 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Scapeiro Residence, Sicily

The Scapeiro family had almost total domination of Italy's Mafia, and it was there The Jade struck first. His house was perhaps the most heavily guarded in all of Italy, barring Umberto's himself.

Unfortunately he had expected the Jade, as few seldom do. The night was stormy. Lightning cracked across the sky, illuminating the entire house. Mr. Luigi Scapeiro tossed in his bed. A particularly loud peal of thunder forced his eyes to snap open.

Standing against the far side of his bed was a man dressed in a dark grey bodysuit. Across his face was a mask with white eye pieces, that seemed to be living, that moved when he spoke.

"Mr. Scapeiro, an honor to meet you sir" his voice was cool and slid over the mobsters body like a shiver.

The Italian did not get to where he was by complacence. He reaced under his pillow to find... nothing.

The man held up his hand, holding a handgun in the air so it made an L shape "looking for this?"

"Wha- what do you want" the other man stuttered. His eyes darted around the room, and another flash of lightning revealed another dark-form, this one in a black bodysuit, long black hair braided down her back. Her eyes seemed more feline, yellow-green with slits.

"Well simply put, we want everything" the man in grey walked up and leaned in close "your family buisness"

Mr. Scapeiro gritted his teeth "Fu*K you buddy"

"Oh?" the mobster felt a weight on his chest, he looked up to see an honest to god Jaguar, snarling in his face "Would you like to rethink your answer?"

Luigi was a smart man, and he couldn't think of a way out "Ok- ok"

"You will stay in charge of this branch, BUT we will be taking a large cut. We own you now understood?" Scapeiro nodded.

"Meet your new bodyguard"
    Grey said gesturing next to the Italien and a woman revealed herself. She was a gorgeous woman, of caucasian descent. She gave a short bow.

To JJ

Spoiler
    Show
    the bodyguard of course is a assassin who will never leave the mobsters side. She is more than capable of killing him quickly

- SurlySeraph

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

UAF

A message is broudcast on television. "The UAF would like to invite Spain, as an Honourary Member, into the UAF. Whilst not Africa, Spain has a lot of people whom escaped from the African despots before our formation. We would also like to invite anybody of African descent back to Africa, where we will provide jobs for them."

At JJ
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have the islands/European African colonies accepted my invitation?

At UK
    Spoiler
    Show
    The offer to protect Gibraltar and St. Helena still stands.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

BUMP

(Don't let it die!)

- SurlySeraph

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

hmmm, DMCA parries with Kim Possible: Mind body and Soul and counterattacks with The Dark Ocean

PS: at least one of the writers of those stories has expressed displeasure at having their work used without permission, and while it's not exactly _my_ place to go around playing enforcer, I find myself at something of an impasse in my head, due to the fact that I enjoy these works a great deal, and having the authors tweaked off at someone using their ideas --and yes, i'm aware of the irony, considering it's fanfiction..-- Things like this tend to make said authors stop working on great works like these altogether. leaving nothing for us true fans who are humbled by the awesomeness of the pieces to enjoy.

that isn't to say i'm gonna go off the handle and automagically start yelling 'YOU TEEF! U R NO STEEL WORX FRUM PPL!', since most of the fanfiction community will allow works and uses from their ideas and characters and what have you with little fuss, complaints or even the slightest bit of reluctance. Some may even BEG you to use them in ways, provided it's within the bounds of moral decency.

the point here, is that you need to, ahem. GET PERMISSION TO USE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. mostly out of courtesy, since i know most of the writers would get the permissions of bob and mark if they had sole control over things. Alas, big D doesn't really 'allow' anything without money attached headed it's direction, but i digress.
    </rant>

just, have some freakin tact, man.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by kenabi View Post
    hmmm, DMCA parries with Kim Possible: Mind body and Soul and counterattacks with The Dark Ocean

PS: at least one of the writers of those stories has expressed displeasure at having their work used without permission, and while it's not exactly _my_ place to go around playing enforcer, I find myself at something of an impasse in my head, due to the fact that I enjoy these works a great deal, and having the authors tweaked off at someone using their ideas --and yes, i'm aware of the irony, considering it's fanfiction..-- Things like this tend to make said authors stop working on great works like these altogether. leaving nothing for us true fans who are humbled by the awesomeness of the pieces to enjoy.

that isn't to say i'm gonna go off the handle and automagically start yelling 'YOU TEEF! U R NO STEEL WORX FRUM PPL!', since most of the fanfiction community will allow works and uses from their ideas and characters and what have you with little fuss, complaints or even the slightest bit of reluctance. Some may even BEG you to use them in ways, provided it's within the bounds of moral decency.

the point here, is that you need to, ahem. GET PERMISSION TO USE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. mostly out of courtesy, since i know most of the writers would get the permissions of bob and mark if they had sole control over things. Alas, big D doesn't really 'allow' anything without money attached headed it's direction, but i digress.
    </rant>

just, have some freakin tact, man.
    ummm... what?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm taking care of it.

- SurlySeraph

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Total war will return this saturday, if enough of you post between then and now. Let me know if you're still alvie!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm still here.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Still here! let us continue the conquest of Australasia!
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello?!?!?!
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Anyone there?