New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zompocalypse IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zompocalypse IC

The scavenging group returns to the recording room with their findings.
    "We're probably better off spending the night here than trying to meet up with the others in the dark. Once we get this message up on the air, we can also try to see if anyone wants to return our call."
    Just an affable fellow, really.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Parkland- Mattis entrance

He blinks, noticing Frank and Sally for the first time. " Wasn't it awesome? It's not flush with the street, but it'll do. I'm fine, the airbag didn't even deploy." He brow furrows for a second. "At least I think it has an airbag."

"I had to flip the truck some how, and this way seemed the most efficient. I'm Daniel by the way."

The truck is blocking the path to the school, but there is still room for Frank and Sally to get through if they abandon the SUV. The next closest entrance is the one on Bradley, only a few minutes away by car.

Muddy Rivers

"Are you safe where you are? If I can send help it might not be for days. Are these satanists safe? How did you get mixed up with them anyway?

I don't know where Scott is, if he's smart he's inside one of the barricades Blago set up. I can see if I can get a hold of him.

Parkland- Bradley entrance

Professor Brown climbs out of the cab with a grunt. The then walks around the semi to address the gathered caravan, even while he walks the shooting match continues.

"You've got to let us in! We need to use the radio to gather everyone who is still out there!"

The student on top of the semi shakes his head. "Um, we're kinda using it. Tell you what your prophet can use it when where done."

The man on the van begins to flush with anger. Before he can yell out Brown raises his hands in a placating gesture. "What's going on here?"

The man on the van turns to address Brown.
    "I assume your the one in charge. I'm Bill, and I'm temporarily in charge of these people. We need to get inside Parkland, but these kids refuse to get out of the way. We out number you, we don't want to hurt anyone, but if we have to we will."

WBGL

Padre enters the recording area an sits down in the DJ's chair. He looks at the control board and is confronted by a dazzling array of switches, sliders, buttons and nobs.

After some trial and error an "ON AIR" light illuminates. Padre isn't sure it he's set it up to do what he wants, but a couple of the more tech savvy members of the group shrug and say it looks like it's working.

Mayhem steps forward. "Hold on, my MP3 player has a radio on it. We can use it to tell if it's working." He produces the MP3 player and fiddles with it for a second before handing it to Padre.

Elsewhere in the building the other members of the group, begin fortifying the building for a stay over night, including pulling the cars closer to the building forming a sort of barricade. Outside the street lights flicker on as the sun goes down.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Mike stands there for a minute, his mind going over what the consequences would be of running a few of the people over. Thats when it hit him. He quickly makes his way up to Brown and whispers to him. Wait, what if we give them one of the other buildings and just let them be in charge of clearing out the biters?
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre leans towards the microphone, singing a few bars of a song in what sounds like Latin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delbert just looks away as Padre chants. "I hope he eventually gets around to actually saying something useful."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Bradley Entrance
    Brown whispers back, "They said that they want the radio. If we let them in, what stops them from deciding that they wan the entire campus instead of just one building?"

Brown turn to Bill, who is still standing on top of the van. "You said that you were just in charge temporarily, can I speak to the man who IS in charge?"

Bill sakes his head. "He's not here. We divided the group, hes trying to broadcast as message from the WBGL Station. We're supposed to meet him here."

Brown frowns, his face a mask of confusion. "Then why do you need our radio?"

Bill opens his mouth then closes it once more. He pauses, thinking of an appropriate response.

WBGL

Sure enough Padre's Latin litany is repeated over and over again on the radio,. Clay gives Padre a thumbs up and says "Whenever your ready."
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2009-02-26 at 05:04 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre turns to the microphone.

"If you hear this message, it means you have faith.

"Faith that there is more to this world than death and darkness. Faith that our destines are laid out for us, and all we must do is follow them. Faith...and hope.

"Humanity will rise again. We will not scatter. We will not panic, scream, and throw ourselves to the wolves. We will endure.

Padre gives the location of the college.

"This may only be a temporary strongpoint, but we will hold it nonetheless. If you are infected, I am sorry. We have no help for you. But if you are strong of will, if you breathe yet, if you face the approaching abyss and find the strength to pull away from it...we have need of you, more than you have need of us. You will be mankind's salvation."

He gestures to Delbert, indicating that if he has anything to say he can say it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"They haven't done anything to me, but they still scare me. They locked up the guards here in solitary confinement for no reason at all. There are more people coming. Probably violent and horrible people from what Jack was going on about."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC: woh i just got really confused i don't even know who is who or where i am.

Assuming i'm the guy on the van:

Parkland Bradley entrence

Frank steps down from the van and walks up to Prof. Brown "Hey I just got here whats going on?"

He motions to sally to come out and back him up.
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TYPE LIKE THIS?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll try to make it more clear. A number of people are at parkland. The college has three entrances, one on Bradley, one on Mattis and a third on Duncan. I'm sorry if I confused you, I put a couple of links to maps to help clarify what is going on in Post #86.

Frank and Sally are currently at the Mattis entrance, which has been blocked off by a student that tipped over the the semi truck.

Mike is at the other entrance, with Professor Brown a large group of students, and a crowd that is trying to gain entrance to the College. That group is being led by another NPC named Bill, who is currently standing on top of a parked van.

When I've posted I've put the name of he location that the action is happening at above the description in bold. If all else fails, just try to look for the section where your character's name is being mentioned.

Here is an example:

Muddy Rivers- Wardens Office

"Is there anyone there that you trust? Or anyone that you think could stay bribed? What about this Jack guy?

Are you going to stay near this phone? If you are I can call back as soon as I can get a plan together to get you out of there. "

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delbert just shrugs. "That sounded fine. Public speaking's not really my thing. As long as my team's all safe and together, I'm good. We done here?"
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-27 at 01:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jack is the scariest one. He's a;ways going on about how the man us bad and stuff like that, He's the one who locked the guards up in the first place. I can stay by the phonr if you want me to.

13. - Top - End - #103

Matthis Entrance

Frank looks over both routes and says to Sally, "I think we better go around the other way I'm good with a set of Wheels and I don't want to abandon the SUV what do you think?"

Then as an afterthought to Daniel, "Hey, there's a group of students in there that i'm trying to find any idea where they might be?"

He slings his rifle over his shoulder and walks back to the SUV

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Muddy Rivers

"Stay strong honey. I'll call back as soon as I've been able to send you help. Remember, if they offer you human blood don't give in to peer pressure.

I'll call back as soon as I can. I love you."

After saying his goodbyes Marie's father hangs up. Rushing off to find gather whatever rescue mission he can.

Debbie knocks on the door just a few seconds later. "Marie? Honey? Are you alright? I thought I heard crying."

WBGL

After Padre finishes the message, it's set to repeat. Once the business in the station is over the other members of the group hurry out. The bodies were removed, but no one has yet cleaned up the blood stains, a constant reminder of what happened there.

The building is still a hive of activity. People move desks an office furniture to barricade doors and windows, others draw straws to determine who takes what watch, those with actual tools use them to shore up holes in the defenses.

((Do you have any more plans or preparations for Delbert and Padre? If not I'll skip ahead until either daybreak of the next day.))

Parkland-Mattis Entrance.

Sally shrugs. "Sounds good to me, I'm not much of a walker anyways."

Daniel responds to Franks question. "Yeah. Your looking at one. There's about one, two hundred of us inside. Are you looking for someone in particular?" He turns around looking at the path he closed off. He frowns, not keen on the walk back himself. "You mind if I ride with you? I kinda wrecked my ride." Almost as if on cue, the trucks engine compartment bursts into flames. "Sh*t!" he says as he ducks and runs towards the SUV. Unless Frank protests he'll climb in the back.

Parkland- Bradley Entrance

((Unless Mike has something more to add to the conversation, or if Calinero decides he still wants to play, I'll skip the majority of the exchange between Brown and Bill.))

Brown stays on the verbal offensive, using decades of experience as a debater and public speaker. He manages to worm more and more information out of Bill. Apparently he with the rest of the group was sent here by a priest/prophet known only as Padre. They plan on using Parkland as a base to launch a crusade to save humanity from the walking dead. Padre along with the Captain of a Frisbee team whose name he didn't recall went to another station to send out a repeat signal to tell people to gather at Parkland.

While Professor Brown stalls for time, more and more of the Parklanders gather behind him. It's not long before the able bodied and armed on Browns side begin to outnumber those on Bill's. Bill's demands to be let in slowly change tone to become more of a plea for help than a threat.

"Come on. You have to let us in. It's getting dark and there is no where to go! You can't leave us out here with those things. We've women and children with us for Christ's sake!" A few of the women and children he mentioned, and a few men as well, begin to sob and even wail in despair.

Brown however remains resolute. A whispered idea from Mike changes his mind. "Alright you can stay, but only temporarily until we find another solution. But you'll have to earn your keep. We haven't cleared out the AG. building, if you clear it out you can stay there for the night."

Professor Brown turns back to Mike. In a hushed tone "This is you idea, you'll have to see it through. Gather up some students and watch them. I don't want them sneaking out of the AG. building and slitting throats at night because they're on some half backed religious crusade." He smiles an unpleasant smile. "It also gives us all night to think of a more permanent solution."
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2009-02-27 at 11:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Marie opens the door. "Debbie, where do you come from? You weren't always running around with Jack and Sally, were you?" She doesn't hide the tears. She has gone through far too much too care about that.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

((No further plans to report, Odin.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

((None for me either))

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

@Pirate Jesus: I edited the post.

Muddy Rivers

"We all finished the tours, and were starting to let some of the prisoners out when I realized you weren't there. I asked Jack and he said you were in the Warden's Office so I thought I'd come check on you."

Debbie steps in and flops down on a chair. "No, I actually met Sally a couple of years ago, at a Wicca thing. Her and Jack have had a on and off again relationship for as long as I've known them." She leans forward conspiratorially. "To tell the truth, I've never really been that in to the whole Wicca thing. My mom was always religious and my dad was a hard core atheist." Debbie smirks as she delivers the last bit. "Pretending to be Wicca was the easiest way to piss them both off."

She sighs sympathetically. "I'm sorry you didn't get through to your dad. You can always try again later. I'm sure he's fine."

WBGL

About an hour after the message is recorded, things begin to quiet down. Exhausted from the trials of the day most of the group falls asleep quickly, no doubt wishing and praying that they'll wake up to discover it was all just some twisted dream.

Some unfortunate few can't get to sleep no matter how hard they try. Closing their eyes only brings images of places and events they would rather never see again. Those that do get to sleep are haunted by the images even in sleep.

Thomas tries to get some sleep but eventually volunteers for not one but both watches.

About an hour before dawn the noises start. Soft scratching sounds at the doors and windows. Soon after the moans start, soft at first but growing in intensity. No one has to be told whats happening. The dead are gathering outside, and in growing numbers. People try to stuff their ears with cloth to muffle the noise, but the sound seems to come through no matter what is done. It bores into the minds and souls of those who hear it. The people who remain sleeping begin to twitch, their dreams all seem to have taken a simultaneous turn for the worst. many of them wake screaming to discover that they've woken to another nightmare.

Hours before dawn everyone is awake and starring at the barricades, waiting for the sun to rise so they can go out and kill their tormentors.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre prepares his shotgun.

"They're waiting for us. In the depths of their savage, feral minds, they think they've already won. They think we're to march onwards, to be ripped apart for a meal. They are wrong."

Finishing preparations, he cocks the shotgun.

He passes out his spare pistols to any survivors who can handle a gun.

He looks at Delbert, and his expression is almost expectant, patient.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-02-28 at 01:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delbert shoves those standing stiff, tries to crack jokes, and starts handing out food. "We may as well eat now. Don't ya know there's starving biters in Africa? We'll have an easier time shooting once it's light outside, may as well sit tight until then."
    Noticing those waking up from nightmares, he tries to take on an even more teasing tone "Anyone brought warm milk? No? Guess we'll have to just shoot at dead people instead."
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-28 at 04:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Parkland

Mike looks to a handful of the tougher looking students. You heard him it'll be a pain in the ass but we'll have to help them clear it out. Mike steps up in front of the crowd. Hey listen!!! Those of you who are armed will assist us in clearing out AG building. Until then, those who can't fight may remain inside the barricade. Once they seem to be in agreement, Mike takes the group inside the building to start clearing it out.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. I did get him, but the National Guard is using all the helicopters right now. What is Jack planning on doing with this place? Just sitting around forever? And why is he letting murderers and rapists out?"

23. - Top - End - #113

Parkland

Frank drives around to the other entrance, " So Daniel what happened here? was it biters or just people?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre pulls Delbert aside.

In a quiet tone, he states the following.

"I trust you to get these people out of here. Fate has provided us with a tactician, son."

He glanced at the masses outside, far outnumbering the survivors inside.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Tactician?" Delbert looks startled by Padre's statement. He pauses for a little while, considering the implication. After a few minutes of thought, he takes on a more serious tone.
    "Okay guys. We've got a plan. We're going to turn the entrance of this place into a meat grinder. Everyone who can't to fight, go back to the control room. We're going to kill these biters, or rekill them as the case may be. But I'm going to need everyone who can swing a bat or pull a trigger to be on their game."
    He looks about the room, measuring its length and width in his head.
    "So here's what we're gonna do - gather up all the furniture in this place and make a series of barricades, each one a bit higher than the one before it. Make them climb up to get killed. People with bats and s*** like that will stand and make sure they don't get over, while the guys who can shoot will kill them. We'll have two lines of people who can hit, so if you get tired of killing the bas****s who should've stayed dead, you step back and let the next guy up. If it looks like they're going to break through, you run back to the next barricade. Guys with guns cover as we draw back, then move back to the next perch while the others beat them off. We've still got a few hours before day - let's start wrecking this place up and putting things together and we'll still be right on time for our next little appointment."
    With a slight grin he adds "The one with the most kills gets a steak dinner on me at Parkland!"

He then pulls Mayhem and David aside to say in a low voice "You're the fastest guys we've got. I'm going to need you two to open the doors once everything's set up and make sure people don't fall behind. This isn't the fight where people die. This is the fight where we start really killing these b****es."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre nods, smiling faintly.

He watches as the barricades are constructed, standing aside. He seems to be staring at his shotgun, and after a moment, one can see his lips move as if he's talking to it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Parkland-Bradley Entrance

Mike and a group of other students begins to heard the crowd towards the Agriculture building. Bill helps to direct the crowd. One of the students starts the semi and pulls it out of the way to let cars through.

Frank, Sally and Daniel pull around the corner and towards the Bradley entrance in time to see the first members of the crowd make it through the barricades.
    Daniel leans forward in his seat. "It's been pretty quiet up till now. We had a few biters but we took care them pretty quick."

An obese balding man with glasses waves them over. "Take them over to the AG. Building." Daniel shakes his head. "There with me. What's going on?"

"These people are clearing out the AG. building and sleeping there."

Danie Frowns. "I though you said that we where full up."

"We are. Hopefully this is just temporary." Brown waves them through.

Once they are through the barricades Daniel asks frank and Sally another question. "You guys said you were looking for someone?"

Muddy Rivers

"I think Jack wants to just stay here and hope that things blow over. It's safe anyways."

Debbie laughs at the rapist comment. "That's not quite true. Muddy Rivers is a medium security facility. Most of the people here are in for theft and drug charges. I guess the real bad ones get sent up north to the Illinois State Pen. Besides Jacks setting them loose outside the prison. We don't have enough food for another 1,800 people, and we can just leave them in the cells to starve."

WBGL

The moaning outside continues while the survivors on the inside begin to pile setting to work. The barricades are finished just as dawn breaks. Mayhem and David through open the doors and the first of the dead begin to pile through.

The plan works like a dream. The dead shuffle forward only to be mowed down. Soon they are stumbling over corpses of previous biters, and are getting culled even easier. The dead start piling up faster and faster, Delbert quickly notices a whole in his plan. The corpses will start blocking the front entrance well before the entire hoard is killed.

Padre notices a different pattern in the dead. Not all the dead add drone, most in fact remain silent as they shuffle forward. A few moan loudly in deep base voices, almost like a diabolic choir. The voices even seem to harmonize, and with every moaner slain the whole sound shifts subtly.

28. - Top - End - #118

Parkland SUV

Frank answers, "Yeah we got a radio call from group of students who wanted to get to our location. I was sent down with Sally to pick em up and show them the way back. You don't happen to know where they are do you?"

Frank avoids saying where they came from, and concentrates on driving.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre swings his shotgun, firing directly at one of the moaners.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Too many corpses . . ." Delbert mutters to himself as he sees the pile forming.
    "Retreat back to the second barricade!" he calls out. "We need to spread them out so they don't all block the door."