New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zompocalypse IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Zompocalypse IC

Parkland
    Daniel shrugs, "Doesn't ring a bell, but if there here you should be able to find them without to much trouble. Anybody who isn't out on guard duty will be in the on the second floor somewhere. It shouldn't be to much trouble to find them, we can even make an announcement over the old PA system."

Daniel points them towards a vacant parking lot. "Go ahead and park anywhere. You guys hungry? Almost all our supplies are craft cheese or steak sauce, but we should be able to round up some tasty beverages. I heard that Andrew knocked over a liquor store before he got here." He gives Sally a smile, "There showing a kick a*s Pink Floyd light show in the planetarium if you get bored."

Parkland-AG Building

The clearing of the AG. building goes smoothly. The only zombie in the whole building was in the green house, and it was killed by a bullet before anyone actually entered. With the area clean, the noncombatants flood in and stake out sleeping spaces.

WBGL

The moaner goes down as easily as any of the other undead. It's voice silenced the drone becomes quieter, but continues.

The group falls back to the next barricade, the undead come at a slightly slower pace, having difficulty navigating the bodies. After a while the dead come at slower and slower intervals, the flood of the undead becomes a trickle. The mob on the the back side of the building is just as dense as before but now there are only a handful milling around the front entrance.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre turns to Delbert, tone level.

"Faith. If you ever doubt my faith again, remember this morning...remember how it was rewarded."

Padre pushes through, dispatching the last few zombies milling near the front and motioning for all to follow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Faith didn't kill the zombies - we did."

Looking at the mob still at the back of the building, Delbert adds "I suppose we'd better start clearing up the rest of them." He follows Padre as he starts to go.
    Just an affable fellow, really.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Parkland

Frank nods his thanks but shakes his head at the offering of food. "Yeah, if you could make an announcement for them to wait for me in the hallway so i don't have to knock on doors."

Frank pulls into the parking lot and gets out, enters the building with sally and starts looking in the hallways for a group of people in the hallways, asking anyone he sees about them...
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TYPE LIKE THIS?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

"Debbie. Is Jack going to let me leave?"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Padre leads, firing blast after blast into the mob while motioning for the others to cover his flanks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

WBGL
    The same corpses that hindered the dead getting in slow the living getting out. Padre Delbert and the others who got out of the doors first dispatch the zombies in front of the building in short order.

At the sound, zombies for the others side of the building begin to shuffle toward the gun shots. Padre, Delbert and the advanced element of the group struggle to push them back while the others file out out the building.

Once the majority of the group is out the going gets easier and eventually the dead are vanquished but not without casualties. A hand full of the survivors have serious injuries from where the dead managed to get to close, a few more wear claw and teeth marks form close calls. None of the ultimate frisbee team was injured, but Kelpy's girlfriend has a deep bite wound on her fore-arm.

Parkland-Ag. Building
    The group of refugees beds sown and drifts off to sleep in short order. The student's under Mike's direction begin to draw lots to decide who gets guard dog duty for the first watch.

Muddy Rivers

Debbie blinks. "Why wouldn't he let you leave?"

Franks voice comes over the intercom. "Sorry guys. It's getting dark, and we don't have the manpower to keep releasing you all. The rest of you will just have to sit tight and bear with us until morning. A special shout out to the guys in cell block D, stay strong."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking at the casualties, Delbert immediately gets angry. "S***! This wasn't supposed to happen! Why couldn't we just have f***ing drawn them inside, when that was clearly working so well!"
    He takes a few minutes to calm down, after which he says "We have some time . . . let's clean up here and then see if we can go about gathering some more supplies before we go to meet up with the others at the college."
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-03-03 at 12:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"All he ever talks about is satanism and the dregs of society. If I leave here and go back to my family I would have directly violated what he keeps going on about. I don't trust him."

10. - Top - End - #130

OOC: It appears to have been skipped so reposting:

Parkland

Frank nods his thanks but shakes his head at the offering of food. "Yeah, if you could make an announcement for them to wait for me in the hallway so i don't have to knock on doors."

Frank pulls into the parking lot and gets out, enters the building with sally and starts looking in the hallways for a group of people in the hallways, asking anyone he sees about them...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Mike stands in the hall watching the two students still in the running for guard duty continuously tie in a game of rock-paper-scissors.Why do you both just...he stalls for a moment, eyes kinda wide. He thinks for a minute Oh crap...how long's it been...one...two...fours=...crap! he then speaks aloud I gotta go take care of something, you two figure out what you need to do. He quickly walks away from them, and around a few corners before putting his back to the wall and clutching his chest, sweating and breathing heavily. After a cough or two, he pulls out a small medicine bottle, quickly swallowing one of the roughly 12 pills left in there. He coughs a little bit again before taking a drink from a water bottle, then falling over to one side.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

((Just to clarify: Padre is mostly watching silently as Delbert fetches supplies.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

[ooc. Sorry I didn't post sooner. My computer had a brief bout of conectile dysfunction.]

Parkland- Campus proper

Daniel nods. "Most everybody is going to be up on the second floor, where trying to take out the stairs to make the place more defensible. My guess is that they're probably in the library, that's where most everybody hangs out. Up those stairs there." He gestures at a wide double set of stairs leading to the library.

Frank and Sally climb the stairs. Sure enough there are about a hundred students gathered in and around the library. A few questions leads you to a kid named Spencer, around him are about a dozen others.

Just as Frank and Sally approach them Daniel comes over the speaker system. "Hey this is..." Daniels next words are drowned out by horrible feedback. "Sorry about that. Anyways, there a couple named Fank and Sally here, and they are looking for some people. If you think you might be them go ahead and uh... report to the library they'll meet you there."

Parkland- AG building

One of the students begins walking towards where Mike is slumped, after winning the rock paper scissors competition. "Hey, he got first watch is it alright if I check out the..." He round the final corner and sees Mike. "Sh*t Mother F*cker! Are you alright?" He moves towards Mike and stops not knowing what assistance to offer.

WBGL
    [ooc: The group didn't have the option of falling back, the bodies that slowed the zombies form getting in also slowed the group both getting out and back into the building. With how hard the zombies where pressing, retreating would have resulted in even higher casualties.

On another note, you two are a little ahead of everyone else. I might have to stop your guys storyline in a bit to prevent time paradoxes.)

The group stars pulling the cars back in to a caravan formation, and begins to load them with what supplies they've found. The wounded have their injuries looked at by those who know a smattering about first aid.

Mayhem walks up to Delbert. "There's not a whole lot between us and the college, just a few small businesses and some houses. The Kraft and County Market are near here if you wan to try there first, course they might have been raided already."

Muddy Rivers

Debbie smiles reassuringly. "Oh that's just who Jack is, he doesn't mean anything by it. Of course he would let you go." Debbie's smile falters a bit, but comes back as bright as before. "It's not like he's a monster."

Debbie rises, "Come on lets go. People are picking out sleeping areas. If where late, all the good ones will be taken"
    Last edited by Odin the Ignoble; 2009-03-05 at 07:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

((Idea: What if we bunker down at the college, and freeze the timeline there?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

((That's the main problem. Padre and Delbert's group is on the next day, where as Frank and Mike are on the previous night. They'll probably catch up shortly, so it shouldn't be to much off a problem. Just keep going, I'll stop you if I have to.))

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Mike gets up on his feet with the help of the random guy. Just been up...too long...three days. he manages to spit out before hobbling his way down the hall, heading towards a place to sleep.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thanks Mayhem - I think it's worth a try." Delbert turns to address the group. "All right everyone - we're going to go to County Market to see if we can get more supplies before going back to the College. We have a lot of people to take care of, and a lot of capable hands out right now."

18. - Top - End - #138

Frank nods to sally and they walk to the librarian asking directions if they need to, continuously looking for people that could be their targets

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Highwarlord View Post
    "Thanks Mayhem - I think it's worth a try." Delbert turns to address the group. "All right everyone - we're going to go to County Market to see if we can get more supplies before going back to the College. We have a lot of people to take care of, and a lot of capable hands out right now."
    Padre nods, but his expression is somewhat...reluctant.

"I can see the wisdom in your actions, but my place is at the college. I will await your return."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Marie gets up and starts to follow Debbie. Then she turns around and walks into the secret room behind the closet that the warden used for his various affairs. (His wife was home most of the time). She closes the door and spreads out on the waterbed.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delbert nods at Padre. Turning to the men that followed him, he asks "I'd appreciate all the help that you would be willing to offer - we are getting food for your families, after all."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Parkland
    The random student seems concerned about Mike but doesn't push it. He heads back towards the others guarding the AG Building. There is plenty of carpeted floor space in the AG building to sleep, but most of the refugees have already taken any sleeping furniture. There are couches and cots in the main building but that's about a quarter of a mile away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the library a group of students approaches Frank and Sally. The leader of the group, a stocky student with riotous brown curls and a thick bushy beard introduces himself as Spencer. "Jack send you?"

WBGL

None of the men seem eager to volunteer to scout out another potentially zombie infested building. Those that do still have guns and ammunition hand it over, after receiving promises that they will be returned. All the supplies are loaded into the cars that are going with Padre directly to the college, so as to create the most room for Delbert's group to stash supplies. All the wounded, including Kelpy's girlfriend are packed into Padre's groups caravan as well.

(Rutskarn, this is where I'll have to stop you. Barring intervention from another player, your group should reach the community college without incident, but that would put you roughly twelve hours ahead of the characters that are already there.)

County Market

Delbert's Frisbee team and a half dozen of the more adventurous/foolhardy reach the county market without difficulty. There are a few undead walking around the vacant parking lot. The doors to the store are wide open, some of the glass in the front entrance is shattered, and there are dark brown stains plastering the entrances floor. Inside the building The florescent lighting flickers on and off at random intervals.

Muddy Rivers

Wait, what? How would the warden have create a secret sex room without anyone having known about it? If he had created such a room how does Marie know about it?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Parkland

The library should be nice and quiet Mike thought to himself as he hobbled to the main building, thinking of the nice couches put in there for reading.

(Assuming he gets there without incident)

As he enters the library, the blood on his chin has by now dried as he still keeps a hand on his chest, ignoring the others and looking for an open couch to lie on. he'd already gone 4 days without sleep, making it 5 would definately be a bad idea.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

((Got it.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

The other guards do know about it but don't say anything because they value their jobs and or like the warden and don't want him to be screwed (in the non literal tense of course). Marie wandered in there years ago because her dad once dragged her along to some important meeting that was about some important thing she didn't care about and she was poking around and found it. Years later, that helps her have a comfy room near the phone.

26. - Top - End - #146

Frank parkland

"Yeah Jack sent me are you interested in coming with me back to the prison?"

Frank looks around the hallway.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

County Market

Delbert will have those armed with weapons that afford them a bit of reach to kill the zombies milling around the entrance so as to save ammunition. The cars will be backed up as close to entrance of the store as possible, just in case they need to make a quick get-away. When they enter the building, Delbert will take point with two of Bill's men, one of whom will hold the brightest light they brought with them to provide a steady source of illumination. Once they verify that the entrance is clear, the rest will follow them in, with David and Clay checking their backs.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Parkland
    The library is less quiet than Mike would like, most of the Parkland students who aren't barricading the building or on guard duty are gathered there. Mike finds an empty couch and falls asleep quickly despite the noise.

Elsewhere in the library, Spencer nods. "Where ready to go. Although I don't think we should head out until morning." He leans in towards Frank. "If I know Brown he's not going to let us leave with any supplies. So if we want to grab some food to bring with us were going to have cheese it before they figure out were leaving."

County Market

The light continue to flicker on and off. Delbert and the men on points don't run into any problems. The rest of the group follows them in.

One of the men on point wrinkles his nose. "Do you smell rotting meat?" Leeroy gestures towards the flickering lights. "It looks like the store's wiring is on the fritz. Should we try and fix it or keep going as is." As he finishes his sentence, the lights go out once more, this time it's several long agonizing seconds before they flicker on again.

Muddy Rivers

Okay. Is there anything else you want to tell me about Marie's intimate knowledge of the prison before we progress?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

County Market

"Lucky we brought the lights, eh? Let's keep a sharp lookout - no surprises here, either."
    Delbert and the others will scan the area for bags or shopping carts. They're looking for anything that they think can be useful - food, fuel, and medical supplies get first priority, then tools and general purpose items like paper, rope, and garbage bags.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, there is an underground swimming pool and a neverending supply of ho-hos. That is all