New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Day 2

Gianni Russo and his assistant/lackey Enzo Mancini where taking a small walk around the city. Having only recently arrived, they knew not much of the place and not knowing things is something Gianni despises.

See, I told you this city would be a great place to open shop, non of these places will be able to compete

I dunno Boss, what about that sandwich place across the street?

It does look a bit better than those other places, do you think it'll be a problem?

It wouldn' hurt to take a look.

Alright, let's check it out

As the pair is crossing the street they are almost hit by car
    HEY! I'M WALKIN' HERE. Damn bastards don't know how to drive anymore.

Gianni continues walking towards the sandwich shop still cursing under his breath but Enzo stares at where the car went.
    Say Boss, didn't that driver look familiar to you?

Didn't get much of a chance to look at him.

Well, it looked a lot like that guy you met yesterday, what was his name?

You mean androgial?

Yeah, that one.

If it was him, I hope he gets shot. Come on, let's go.

Yes Boss.

The pair enter the sandwich shop and take a look around.
    Last edited by Fostire; 2009-02-12 at 11:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deathslayer7 View Post
    Liriel stood at the sink washing dishes from last week. She scrubbed at the dirty dishes furiosly, trying to clean them. That's when she felt the temperature drop a few degrees in the room. She stopped scrubbing but didn't turn around.
    Patrick chooses this moment to return to full tangibility, and removes his fedora respectfully.
    I apologise for my long absence, milady. It's good to see you again, Liriel.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #93

"Hi there, can I get you two gentlemen anythings? Ham sandwiche, turkey sandwiche, BLT sandwiche? You ask for a sandwiche, and we'll give you a sandwiche." The name tag of the man behind the counter says: Hello, My name is Todd Rose

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hmm...twice now there has been a point at Queenfange right after a point at iceddragons. The points aren't that far apart so it's probably a coincidence, but I've got nothing better to go on right now.

iceddragons

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

((Inigo picks himself up off the stations steps.))

"Right, well brooding over it isn't going to help, I might as well visit the local newspaper archives and find out who the other former high priests were and take my revenge on them, at least it gives me somewhere to start in my quest for Atreyu."

A short trek and a few stops for directions later, he arrives at a somewhat diapalated brick office building that dosn't appear to get a whole lot of use.

Headed inside, he walks up to the clerk's desk.

"Hello my good man, do you have the newspapers by event?
    "Indeed we do." the clerk replies.
    "Excellent. May I take a look at the newspapers for the High priest Imohotep murders and all related incidents?"
    "Here you go, have fun."
    "Thanks."

Sitting down at one of the tables in the archives he begins browsing through the records.

"Okay, these records don't seem complete, but it does mention a few members of their cult."
    "I know that Atreyu was thier leader, going by the telegram I received, and according to the recods there were six members of the gang, but only three are listed here."

A quick check and list comparison later bears fruit.

"All three of the recorded former cult members are still in the city! This should at least help on my road to revenge."
    "There is:
    * Recaiden
    * Supagoof
    * ThePhantom
    Now,
    Recaiden appears to have been the highest ranking remaining former cult member left in the city, from what I can tell. He will make as good a starting point as any."
    Last edited by Amplify; 2009-02-13 at 02:56 AM.
    Inigo Montoya avatar by Bradakhan.

6. - Top - End - #96

((Not a lot to work with yet. Iceddragons))

Rain-soaked day blurs into cold-fingered night, quietly killing me off a little at a time, not having the gall to do it all at once. Faces on the streets pass like ghosts, pale, otherworldly, so many so far gone that one can hardly even see them anymore.

Shell people. Hollowed out gourds still going through the motions. The city's gears turn on their grease, and sometimes one gets caught in the machinery and ground into sausage. Maybe it comes as a relief to them - a reprieve from the world of grays and blacks without whites.

Hells if I know. Some people would say that makes me as bad or worse than any of them. Course, some people can only hold themselves up by pushin' down on other people. I know what that's like; but they don't get inside me easily.

Mouth is dry and I'm feeling a bit jittery, so I head uptown-downtown, in that peculiar dance that only exists when a city develops certain blind spots. Places where those that have can find those that want and use them without worrying about being hassled by the gentlemen of the watch.

I could stand being used, as long as the benefits were good. Up the street, down the shingle and around back. Three steps down and to the door; a casual knock. A tiny metal rectangle slides aside as Stubbs gives me the once-over, then works the door to let me in, reluctantly as always. I'm trouble and he knows it.

He also knows - because it's been explained to him slow and careful-like by the owner of the establishment - that he has to let me in. Apparently I'm good for the books, somehow.

Brickface and stucco. Beyond the little hallway, the lights dim. Calling this place a speakeasy would give it a sort of romantic kitsch that would utterly fail to paint an accurate picture of the place, of the ambition and the desperation. Politics that happens here isn't the nice clean sort of thing you'd expect up on the hill. No, it's like a monkey knife fight - and those knives are smeared with faeces because they're alright with their enemies dying of the infection.

A disturbing metaphor, right? It falls short, let me assure you. I don't get involved - not because I couldn't take any one of these bozos in a scrap, but because if you get too violent, you tend not to wake up. I'm there for the threat of violence that keeps the small fish in line. Well, that's part of why I'm there. I've already alluded to the other reason a guy like me would be found in a place like this, and like most things in this city, it boils down to needs and wants. I need to give 'em what they want. Well, okay, it's a bit more mercenary than that. I give 'em what they think they need, and they give me what I want, and for a few hours mostly, it works out good for the two of us and to hell with everyone else.

I knot up the scarf and toss it on the table near me, a table that's empty currently. I'd probably get more out of it if I could remember the dame it belongs to - but if I remember that, I might remember other things, and I have to remind myself there were bloodstains on the wall in the flop I woke up in. This is better. The scarf is clean at least - I made sure of that before I came here - no blood marks or the like to draw additional unwanted attention to it.

A drink is sent to me ... and so the night begins. At least it'll take the edge off the dryness...
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

KerfuffleMach2 hmm hmm...

8. - Top - End - #98

Default Re: Mafia IX Game Thread - St Valentines Massacre - Night 1

(( 1st Sorry goof, but this is what happens when you combine me not having much time at night, and the forums sometimes timing out))

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    I awaken, still tied up in the chair. Whomever that mystery man was he's gone. I slip the knots and look around. Just a room with a door. The ceilings low, so I must be in a basement or something. I make my way out of the room, follow the hallway along, and find a set of stairs. They lead up to a door, which is locked.

*Scene from outside. Door is blown off it's hinges*

I step out into the street. The night's as hot as hell. I'm in a lousy part of a lousy town and I glance up the street - I'm staring at a goddess. I sniff the breeze that passes by her. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess in the red dress. What a dame like that is doing in a part of town like this is beyond me. I catch myself staring for too long, she notices. I hide my face and stammer out an introduction.

Sorry, er. I couldn't help but notice you there. I'm Goof. You shouldn't be alone in this part of town at this time of night. Can I walk you somewhere?

I glance up, trying to keep my ugly mugg as covered as I can. She doesn't seem afraid.
    Thes pauses for a moment, recognition lights on her face. She hasn't met him in the ring yet, but a featherweight, heavy weight battle could always be arranged.

Er... Nah, I'm just about to catch a cab.

Thes begins to worry that the red dress isn't enough of a distraction and the man see through her 'disguise' and knows that she is Tommy Dynamite.

Just then a truck passes between them, and the next moment Thes is gone.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Hi there, can I get you two gentlemen anythings? Ham sandwiche, turkey sandwiche, BLT sandwiche? You ask for a sandwiche, and we'll give you a sandwiche." The name tag of the man behind the counter says: Hello, My name is Todd Rose
    I'll have one of em ham sandwiches please
    Gianni turns to his assisstant
    Enzo, we are not here to eat
    But Boss, how will we know if the food is any good if we don't try it?
    Good point
    He turns to the man behind the counter
    Alright mister.. He squints his eyes as he reads the name tag mister Rose, I'll try the turkey sandwich then
    And make it quick please, I'm hungry
    Last edited by Fostire; 2009-02-13 at 01:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Quick point at androgial to avoid autolynch))
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

well it seems fin hadn't been "rehabilitated" for long after all, not that that was any of my business. also seems the mob took out some one for their loss, not my business either. no, my business comes after the fact now. so here i am, digging two holes 6 feet long, 3 feet wide, 6 feet deep. i was lucky to find a job at all in this town so i ain't complaining any. looks like another political struggle though, so maybe id better dig a few extra as well. who knows when this will end. maybe ill actually earn enough to see supagoof fight this time around.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Shadowcaller*

Cause it's fun to.

((Still away-ish. Trying to make an effort though to not miss a day, though I still can't really read over the threads fully.))

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

13. - Top - End - #103

"Right away sir." Todd turns to where the bread is keep. A quick cut from a knife, and the loaf is cut in half. He then takes out some lettuce and turkey. A few quick cuts, and turkey and lettuce slices fall on one half of the loaf. A few quick spashes of ketchup and mano, and with a mere tap, the other half of the loaf flies up and lands on top of the sandwiche. "Here you go."

14. - Top - End - #104

don't particularly feel like a writeup at the moment, (but might later) so I'm going to point at Iceddragons again for lack of a someone better.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

ATTENTION:

Andre is having trouble accessing the forums due to the new OOTS comic and will post the end-of-day update as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Last edited by whitehelm; 2009-02-14 at 02:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ranna wanders the streets of her new home a little dazed and confused, it doesn't seem like such a bad place though they do seem to have some strange language.. all these people muttering about icedragons?? Is it like a drink or something she stops a random passer-by to ask for directions to a bar they name "Lucky's" when she remembers the name mentioned before..

"Say, what is this Icedragon everyone is talking about, is it a drink?"
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

Amplify, that's all changed. Why would I get involved in something like that again? I'm the only one you can trust.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Randomly point at Thes Hunter
    ((Happy Death Metal Day!))

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Amplify, that's all changed. Why would I get involved in something like that again? I'm the only one you can trust.
    ((OOC: Well, not much else that I can do. I had origonally intended to point at Atreyu every day, but then he had the nerve to go and not join in this time. You're simply the next step down, since I'm doing all my pointing entirley for RP reasons this time around.))
    Inigo Montoya avatar by Bradakhan.

20. - Top - End - #110

pointing randomly at wolfbane for pointing randomly

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

*whew* Day 2 ends.

(Counts votes)

Scene –

A warehouse in the city.

The Capone Mob decided to kill all the Northsiders in one fell swoop by monitoring a spot where liquor was delivered to before moving it all to the speakeasy’s around the City.

One mobster kept a watch on the place from a rented room across the street. He kept track of the comings and goings in a little notebook, and he was relieved every so often by another gangster that took over the spying.

Soon they had a pattern – “Bugs” Moran came by each morning and picked up a wad of cash he in turn took to his boss.

Capone, conveniently out of town in Florida, called the shot in by phone – “Wipe ‘em all out!”

Two days later – St Valentine’s Day – two uniformed police officers approached the warehouse and placed everyone inside under arrest.

Every one of the men were frisked, and lined up facing the back wall.

Three “undercover” investigators came in after... with machine-guns and shotguns…

They opened fire gunning down everyone in the warehouse, leaving a river of blood and four bodies. There was only one survivor – Iceddragons, but he died without ever naming his attackers.

What the Capone gang didn’t realize was that “Bugs” Moran was never going to come back – ever. He’d sold out the operation to some local citizens tryin to make some easy money, and some real undercover cops were there to make the bust.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iceddragons was lynched.
    Emperor Demonking, Mustiado, and Numberfourteen were autolynched.

Iceddragons was a Citizen.
    Emperor Demonking was a Citizen
    Mustiado was a member of Untouchables (Mason).
    and
    Numberfourteen was either Elliot Ness or J Edgar Hoover (Scryer or Fool).

Day 2 Ends – Night 2 Begins

Night 2 Ends in 30 hours.
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2009-02-14 at 01:08 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

22. - Top - End - #112

wait, so there's the possibility that the seer got autolynched?

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

WHAT!?
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

The Seer?
    Come on dude!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

This is certainly shaping up to be one crappy weekend...
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    wait, so there's the possibility that the seer got autolynched?
    (Correct. Again I say, please don't sign up for games if you can't post once every five days to vote.

But hey, real life rears a sometimes ugly head and this is just werewolf.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh wow.... I'm so sorry guys.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

You know, both in Death Note II WW Game and in this one roles I'd like/love to play were autolynched...

While I'm stuck in some meaningless cannon fodder one, like now, or I'm lynched for no reason whatsoever

There is no justice in this world
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we going to make them sing the "I'm Very Sorry Song"?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Ugh. Further involvement by me in this game will likely be minimal.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links: