New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (... and May the Gods themselves Weep at What we Have wrought)

Kovl

Kovl waits patiently to see if the Halfling recons that the idea has merit. Upon seeing Garret hesitate somewhat, he decides to have a go himself.

Can't keep the others waiting in that stream forever... He thinks to himself as he looks up one of the heaps that rise to about 20 odd feet into the air. With a determined expression, he reaches for the first handhold and begins climbing

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb check [roll]1d20-1[/roll]
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-05-26 at 07:00 PM.
    When one has no form, one can be all forms.

Trinità Avatar by Mortugg

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (... and May the Gods themselves Weep at What we Have wrought)

Leaving the raft to those left below, Mordo also makes for the surface. Climbing relatively safely, it's takes him just a little while to reach the top. When he does, he looks around in amazement. Wow... This definitely looks very different to our plain... Moving around to also inspect the piles, he listens, interested, to Kovl's diagnosis.
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-05-28 at 09:26 AM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

PM me for Uncrushed Banners

I'm taking a few avatar requests

Come one, show your appreciation with me for The_Chili_God

Sorry about the slow posting, peeps! Exams are starting to hit me...

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret

Giving the gnome a quick nod, the halfling collapses his rod, then bracing it to the ground, set it to expand, helping him walk up a mound.

Balance - (1d20+16)[36]
    Climb - (1d20+2)[10]
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

As he's about to start climbing, Kovl sees the Halfling give his assent and begin climbing one of the heaps using that rod of his. Watching Garret go up with apparent ease, the Gnome slides back to the ground and brushes off the dust from his clothes.

5. - Top - End - #275

Mordo walks over to Kovl, still keeping his eyes on the mounds and Garret as he ascends. What do these mounds mean? Can we learn anything more from these?
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Kovl turns to look up at Mordo. Honestly? I don't know. I can tell you that there a few metals melted alongside the iron and that some of the ash next to these mounds is sligtly less fine as though buildings shielded it slightly from the blast, but not enough to protect whatever it was from its fiery fate.

As for their purpose, only… He pauses to collect his thoughts, his expression turning into a frown. Only… only… blasted! I know what I want to say! Only… only the… only the… only the Gods know! Gods! How could I have forgotten this expression?

He looks back up at Mordo. Only the Gods know what these mounds once served for and what really happened here. As to whether we can learn anything else… well, Garret is going to see if the view from up there is like… you never know: he may spot something else that would be of help in getting out of this place.
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-05-30 at 04:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Mordo's normally calm and serene eyes looked shocked at the mention of gods. Gods... I've heard that phrase before... Great then, otherwise do you think we should continue with the tunnel down there? It looks pretty full of clues. But I'm just not sure what we're supposed to be looking for. I mean, how am I supposed to know what a memory looks like? He seems quite sad, the first time since he's been here that he truly looks small and innocent, and even weak.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

The gnome’s attention is focused on chasing yet another recollection. Gods… who are the Gods? I know there are several and they get worshipers to offer prayers and other ceremonies in their honour… but who are they? And which God do I worship?

As Mordo asks what path they should follow and wonders what a memory looks like, Kovl leaves his fruitless musings and smiles up at his companion. “What does a memory look like?” I think that is the wrong way of phrasing it, my friend. A memory is an idea, perfect in its conception and yet unburdened by the constraints of a physical shape… a touch, a sound, the smell carried by the wind, a turn of phrase… these can all be fragments of a memory, helping us to bring the idea back into focus.

He points at tiger, the cat beside him. Take Tiger for example. When I woke up, he was standing over me and the simple sight of him was enough for me to remember his name. I did not have to look for anything.

He looks back at the ninja. Fear not that you will miss a memory… they will come back to you. Hit you on the head if you are being particularly stubborn, but they are around us and they want to be found… we just need to be patient.
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-05-31 at 06:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Mordo looks up and grins, almost darkly. They will find us, won't they? Before waiting for an answer he takes a run-up and leaps up onto the piles of slag, running up to the top as fast as possible and ignoring any stumbling that he might come across.

Balance: (1d20+5)[17]
    Climb: (1d20+3)[22]
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-06-01 at 02:59 PM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Yes, I am sure they will.
    He says quietly to himself, his lips curving into a small smile as he watches Mordo reach for the top of the heap.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Halfling in the Playground

Teira

"Even if we end up regretting it," Teira murmured, half to herself.
    Ruya Perist, Flight from Ironheart
    Teira Feiwright, Lost and Clueless

I am me, you are you.
    We’re totally different, separate persons.
    But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

What was that Teira? Asks Kovl turning towards the woman.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret

Peering out from atop the mound, Garret tries to get a lay of the land.

Spot - (1d20-1)[0]
    Listen - (1d20+1)[19]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Halfling in the Playground

Teira

Teira shook her head slightly. "Naught of importance." She paused for a moment, before finally admitting, "I believe the...it seems exceedingly unusual for us to be here when so much here has been destroyed so thoroughly. The answer may lie in us and our missing memories, and that concerns me, a little."
    Ruya Perist, Flight from Ironheart
    Teira Feiwright, Lost and Clueless

I am me, you are you.
    We’re totally different, separate persons.
    But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Kovl looks up at Teira, his expression sombre. That thought had also crossed my mind... yet, I would rather recover my memories and know the truth, no matter how unpalatable, than keep wandering aimlessly.
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-06-15 at 09:00 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret

Sliding down the side of the mound with his collapsing rod, Garret spins it into a shortsword and sheathes it. "It's just the same as far as the eye can see...just slag piles and endless waste."

He is contemplative, a bemused look on his face as he tries to work out what could have caused such a blast, and left them unharmed...