New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default At the Maids of Madness!

It is the year 20XX and war was beginning...

Well... actually, you are just some Maids working for a loony. It looks like its a beautiful new dawn on this Post-Apocalyptic Earth. You don't know if there is even anyone else out there except the people in this prison. Zombies are lined up at the gates, pounding on them and desperately wanting your brains in a five mile radius.

If only Parasol had better secured their facility in Ferret City this would have never happened. Maybe if DOOM hadn't been trading with them for years, maybe if, maybe if... uhh... well, anyways, zombies want to eat your brains. Its been a while here in this prison since you came here to survive, or have been here all along or something. You're pretty sure you just came here to hide and pretend things were normal after the zombie apocalypse, but Saul, your loony boss, is adamant that you have been here all along and you are all his evil henchmen disguised as guards. You hear him sometimes doing weird stuff in his locked chambers, and he claims to be experimenting on his hostages. As far as you know only the PCs are in this complex, but that information is... worrying. Maybe he'll move on to thinking his henchmen are more subjects?

Oh well, not to worry. You all have your own problems. The sun comes up, make breakfast! Number One gets testy!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: At the Maids of Madness!

Buck Ripley, the EXTREME MAN

Buck is sleeping. His alarm goes off. Said alarm is shot with a shotgun. Buck wakes up. Buck doesn't brush his teeth. Real men don't brush their teeth. Buck gets dressed. Buck puts his hood on over his atrocious hair. Buck throws a dart at one of his pictures of Raven. Buck shoots a zombie from his window for fun. Buck leaves the room. Buck enters the kitchen. Buck looks at the ingredients. He'll make an average meal, and mess with the remaining ingredients so any meals that the other maids make will be horrible.

skill - (1d6x2)[6] To cook.
    cunning - (1d6x4)[12] opposed against future cooking rolls for the other maids. Buck may not be a good cook, but he'll be a better cook than the other maids.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Kristi Harlow

Kristi is fiddling around in her room. There is really no rush to go down to breakfast. She has no skill for being a maid. She can't even recall really why she is here. Oh wait, Theo is here. That isn't the best of reasons, but it is as good as any. She didn't really have anything else to do anyway. Kristi thinks that might be enough fiddling around so she goes downstairs to find the kitchen a mess. Kristi tries to run around cleaning the mess to help the others with their cooking.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d6x5)[25] for athletics to clean the mess with energy.

4. - Top - End - #4

Buck Ripley, 100% AMERICAN!

Buck puts the viall of nasty looking green liquid he was pouring on the other ingredients behind his back.

Hey... Person. He says. Too early to be remembering names. Real men don't remember names. Didn't see you there. He says, watching the cleaning blur.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sarah

Sarah wakes up to the light flickering in through the bars on the prison cell she sleeps in. Another day in hell, another check in the bank. If any banks were even left standing that accepted things besides brains.
    Morning... already? Sarah mumbles getting from her air mattress. She puts on a tank-top with several rips in it over her boy-short panties with little red hearts. Lazy but still appealing.
    She hears the calls of Number One's stomach before his request for breakfast and gets to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d6x5)[20] Cooking (Skill) pancakes!
    Libras D'lnar avatar by CSK

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Saul Richards

"It's a wonderful day to be evil, isn't it, Number 2?" Saul Richards, mastermind of DOOM, threw back his head and laughed. "Mwahahaha!... come on, laugh with me, Number 2..... Mwahahahaha!"

"Today, we shall be very evil indeed! I hereby declare that all henchman with the first name of Steve are to be executed on sight! That is very evil, isn't it, Mr. Fluffybuns?"

Saul pulled out a small rabbit's foot and began to pet it, cooing "Yes, you are very soft, Mr. Fluffybuns. I'm so glad that Number 2 managed to pull your foot out of that zombie's mouth. I actually prefer you this way. You weigh a lot less, and you don't try to bite me when I'm not looking."

Saul tucked Mr. Fluffybuns away. "Anyway, you're probably wondering why we're on top of a prison guard tower, Number 2. I'll tell you. Yesterday, I saw that really fat zombie has gotten stuck in the doorway of the mall across the street. It has a big hole in its stomach, and I'm going to use it as a hole on my golf course. You did bring my clubs, right? Hand me my driver, will you?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raven Callahan

Raven tosses and turns in his sleep, dreams of close-minded ex-boyfriends filling his head, until he finally snaps awake. He takes in the prison cell slowly as he does each dreadful morning at this horrid place with its bars and zombies. Raven gets up and dresses carefully in his sexy maid/slave uniform before pulling the curtain that he put up for privacy away.

Raven walks to where Number One is at the guard tower. He stares at the ladder for a moment then sighs and begins climbing to the top, fixing his skirt every now and then. When he reaches the top he bows.

"Good morning, Master,"
    he says in the sweetest voice he can pull off. "Is there anything I can do for you?" He looks down at the zombies in disgust and slight fear.
    Games:
    He Is My Master - Sakura Urameshi.
    Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky! - Yoshiko Watanabe.
    I'm on a Boat! - Youko Tskuki.
    Ride that Pony.
    This Old Malibu Dream House - Harmony Bear.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

James

James sighs inwardly as he is referred to yet again as Number 2, yet none of the growing distain he feels toward this idiot who was once his amusing friend shows on his demeanor. He holds up three clubs. "The traditional Driver, sir - standardized according to the traditional rules of the game; your enhanced ergonomic driver, or the Mark VII Death driver with laser site, and magnetic rail gun, preloaded with organo-metallic golf balls?"

You absolute buffoon... we'd all be dead without my skills keeping this godforsaken prison and it's auxilliary power systems running.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-25 at 10:00 PM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Eliza wakes up to the shrill voice of her alarm, and staggers out of bed. Still in a state of half-slumber, she manages to clean herself up, get dressed, and make her bed without ever opening her eyes. She tries to make it to the kitchen like that, but reluctantly opens her eyes after nearly falling down a flight of stairs. Finally getting to the kitchen, she sees Sarah making pancakes and Buck making... something. Pulling a tube of sausage out of the freezer, Eliza begins cooking as well.

Skill to cook - (1d6x5)[20]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Saul Richards

Saul was just about to pick between the Mark VII and his ergonomic when Raven came up. Annoyed, Saul turned to face his henchwoman. "Henchwoman, you will address me as Number 1 at all times, or Number 2 will throw you out to the Zeds." Saul took a golfball and threw it over the perimeter wall, noting where it landed outside. "Oops. Henchwoman Raven, go fetch that golfball."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

James

James looks at the maid being sent to her possible death and calmly nods to the corner where she can see his high-powered rifle. "I'll open the outer gate for you from here, by remote when it's clear. Wait in the front yard for it... keep in mind that the gate will be closed until you return. Try not to draw too many of them back with you." He takes out the gate remote and somehow holds it and three clubs without looking awkward or unbalanced.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raven Callahan

"Mas- er, Number One, please excuse me but... Are you out of your mind!?" Raven stares down at the zombies. "I-I'm not going down there!"

Please forget that I'm your slave for just a second, please forget that I'm your slave for just a second...
    Games:
    He Is My Master - Sakura Urameshi.
    Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky! - Yoshiko Watanabe.
    I'm on a Boat! - Youko Tskuki.
    Ride that Pony.
    This Old Malibu Dream House - Harmony Bear.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Saul Richards

Saul picked up another golfball and threw it at a spot a good 30 yards away from the first. "You will get that one as well, Henchwoman. Any further backtalk, and I'll have Number 2 cut your hamstrings before we push you outside."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-03-25 at 10:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

James

James enunciates carefully, "I... suggest... you... wait... in... the... yard."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-25 at 10:31 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #15

Buck manages to make something looking like an MRE somehow, even though he used normal ingredients. However, his sabotage works pretty well, managing to mess up some of the meager food they have left. What a jerk.

Kristi pretty much ignores him and puts everything away, making sure the place looks good at least. For a Prison mess hall.

Then Sarah comes in and gets to work on some normal looking pancakes. It looks pretty okay. Hopefully Number One will be pleased.

Then Eliza manages to get some uncontaminated sausage and cooks it up pretty good too. They both do better then Buck and carefully avoid his destroyed ingredients.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sarah

Just like mom used to make. Sarah flips the last flapjack onto a Styrofoam plate and puts the standard butter and syrup on it. She picks some of the scraps left in the pan with her gloved hands and quickly nibbles them down. She also takes a plastic fork, knife, and a napkin as she walks out of the jury-rigged "kitchen area."
    She carefully climbs the guard tower with the meal and greets everyone. Good morning; Sir, would you like some breakfast? Sarah extends the plate and leans forward slightly without thinking. The rips in her top expose a good bit of skin; like she would care.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not a Seduction, just Sarah being partially nude.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

Luna

There was no alarm. Luna didn't need one. She had a biological clock, which is what she relied on most of the time. Aside from that, she usually didn't get much sleep anyway, for any number of reasons, though more often than not, from the one she wouldn't expect. Fate has a funny sense of humor.

She makes the bed and takes her time getting into her uniform. "Ugh," she sighs. She never did like the clothes they made her wear. Even after going through every uniform they had in stock, she never found one that actually fit properly. They make me look like a five-year-old. Fate is a sadist.

Eventually, she makes her way down to the kitchen, where she can hear the voices of some others. She peeks an eye around the corner to see who is there. Although it was the eye covered with a curtain of her hair, she could somehow still see. After spying on them, she silently makes her way into the room.

The others are making breakfast, so she leaves them to their work and decides to do a little addition of her own. After doing a bit of scrounging, she finds a knife and begins to cut up some pieces of fruit.

Cooking - (1d6x3)[3]
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

18. - Top - End - #18

Thepohilus

Waking immediately to the myriad of noises that accompanied early morning in the compound. Theo pulled on his uniform in a most suave manner that only he could manage. He gazed out into the wasteland, from the small window in his cell. It was much the same as always.

Theo, Theo, Theo. Late for Breakfast again.... the voice came in his head, not entirely belonging there. I told you not to call me that he thought back, And I'm not late, I'm just early for tomorrow.

Theo arrived in the cooking and preparatory area, hoping that his absence hadn't been noticed, and began to make something that approximated at being breakfast.

Spoiler
    Show

Luck-(d6x4)[24]-to avoid notice in being late
    Skill-(d6x2)[12]-to make breakfast

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Saul Richards

Saul looked at Sarah in disbelief. "Number One. My title, position, and form of address is Number One, and Number One only. No Masters, no Sirs, no Your Majestys. Just. Number. One."

Saul picked up a another golfball and threw it as far as he could. "Henchwoman Sarah, you will now assist Henchwoman Raven in fetching three golfballs. And you shall do it in the style of a three-legged race, with you two bound together at one ankle. If you do not, Number 2 will shoot you through the kneecaps and leave you outside for the Zeds."

Saul turned away from Sarah coldly. "Number 2, I believe I will take the Mark VII. I have been more than sporting in my treatment of these two lackeys, and I need some stress relief."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

James

James nods, handing Number One the Death Driver and places the other two clubs away. He then pulls a long handkerchief from his pocket and binds the left leg of Sarah to the right leg of Raven.

OOC: Skillfull Knot (difficulty to undo): (1d6x8)[40]

He then stands, gets his assault rifle and turns to look out over the current crop of zombies near the gate and the golf balls. He begins blasting zombies in the head to clear the way for the two girls.

OOC: Skillfull Shooting: (1d6x8)[24]

He observes the results and holds up the remote gate control. "You'd best get down to the gate before more of them show up. Once you are there and the pathway is clear, I'll open the gate for you. Wait in the yard by the gate... it will be closed when you leave and opened again when you are back with all three golf balls." He looks at both girls carefully, but all they see is themselves reflected in his mirrored sunglasses. "If you survive I trust this lesson in obedience and respect will not need to be repeated."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-26 at 10:54 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sarah

D'oh! Sarah managed to forget one of her Mas... Number One's quirks. That he's bat-^#$% insane. She whimpers aloud as her skin touches Raven's from the knot.
    Lets... get this done quickly..... OKAY? Her face is very strained and she breaths heavily as they wobble their way to the front gate in view of James. Or was it Number 2? He hasn't seem to have lost his marbles in the sewer drain yet.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

James

James waits til the two girls are in position. He glances for a moment at the buffoon with his toy.

Idiot... we may be the only human beings alive on the planet insofar as we know, and you're sending two of the women out into danger on an insane whim... if I didn't need you alive, this would be you!

James lifts the assault rifle up, sighting along the scope and proceeds to plow some of the remaining zombies around the gate and golf balls, plus any new ones that have wandered in that direction.

OOC - Skillfull Shooting of Zombie Heads: (1d6x8)[40]

Once the area is clear, he will lift the gate control, wave to the girls, and push the button to open the gate. As the gate slowly grinds open he feels an electric thrill along his nerves...

If they are caught, it will be a brutal slaughter... such pain and fear.

His masklike face shows neither the enjoyment of the idea, nor the self-loathing over having such feelings.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-26 at 12:45 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

23. - Top - End - #23

Buck Ripley, he eats bishies for breakfast!

Buck watches the gates, waiting interested for the gates to open. He turns to James.

So... Ten bucks that the chick on the left is the first to bite the dust? He asks casually, he looks half asleep.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

James

James, after pressing the gate button, goes back to scanning the area with his scope. When Buck speaks, James turns very slowly and deliberately toward him, keeping the rifle to his eye until the barrel is an inch from Buck's head. "You should be careful, Mr. Ripley... you startled me. Imagine what could have happened by accident." He takes the assault rifle away and stares impassively at Buck. "When I check the supplies in the kitchen, I'd better not find more of the food sabotaged... you'll remember that, the last time you did that, I told you that you would be sent out on food gathering duty." He points out to the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    Duh... it's a prison! There are video monitors everywhere! OOC - Skill roll you have to exceed (today) to perform some task by stealth without alerting James: (1d6x8)[24]...
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-26 at 04:50 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

25. - Top - End - #25

Buck Ripley

I don't know what you are talking about. Buck said, it wasn't a very good lie. He takes out his shotgun. I'll make sure that they live probably, I might get bored.

OOC: Don't Butlers always lose against Maids/Stewards? I don't mind though.
    Regardless, cunning - (1d6x4)[12] I need a 6 on this, might as well as try to get as few stress as possible.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-03-26 at 04:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

OOC - Yes, I always lose in a direct contest and I cannot give you stress. However, it doesn't mean I can't set up a situation where I can keep track of you - I can't do anything to you if I do or don't catch you. So, don't worry. You can blow James off... all he'll do is report you to Number 1... that's not so bad, is it?
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Kristi Harlow

Kristi wants to avoid the master, he freaks her out. She doesn't want to shirk work though and get into trouble. What a dilemma. She looks around the kitchen after cleaning at the others there. Oh look there is Theo!Kristi walks over and whispers to Theo.

"Theo, do you want to ask the Master what we are doing today? He is so weird I really don't want to. If you don't want to we can figure out what to do together."

Kristi smiles at Theo.

28. - Top - End - #28

Of course my dear lady. Your wish is my command, unless of course Number 1 hath anything to say in the matter. Theo replied, he then looked around conspiratorally and said,
    Although, if you would be so kind, ix-nay on the heo-Tay

He then gathered up the breakfast he had made, and proceeded to make his way up to the battlements, where Jam- Number 2 and Number 1 were watching two of the others make a suicidal dash into the wastes around the facility.

Hail Number 1, Theo said, bowing, while holding the tray level, On this fine morning, might I interest you in some food to break your night long fast?

Also, might I enquire as to your wishes regarding our activities this morning, Number 1?

Spoiler
    Show

-Luck-(d6x4)[8]-to not upset the mast- Number 1, I figure it's obligatory.
    -Luck-(d6x4)[8]-to have made something he likes for breakfast

29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground

Luna

Out of the corner of her eye, Luna noticed Kristi lunge toward Theo. Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration. Luna noticed Kristi latch onto Theo. That sounds better.

Her head slowly turned to watch them talk. It didn't take long for her eyes to narrow at the sight. A stream of a thousand thoughts poured through Luna's mind, most of which far too explicit to describe. She let out a snort at them all.

Eventually, Theo wandered off and the sounds of gunshots snapped Luna out of her fantasies, prompting her to get back to work.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creepy girl is creepy. I know Kristi isn't actually romantically interested in Theo, but Luna is kinda crazy that way.

Also, I'm switching to writing past-tense, since I can only properly manage present-tense when I'm DMing. So... yeah.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Kristi Harlow

Before Theo leaves Kristi smacks him on the back and laughs.

"You will always be Theo to me. Sorry."

Kristi scans the kitchen after Theo leaves. There is a girl looking at her. Was she eavesdropping? No that can't be. Kristi walks over and holds out her hand.

"Hi my name is Kristi. My friend is going to find out what we need to do today. So we don't have to see the boss if we don't want to."

Kristi gives the girl her best smile. Obviously since one is meant to be more sexy than the one for the guy. Doesn't seem like she is trying to seduce the girl though. It is a little early in the day to be picking out who will warm my bed tonight.