New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (We have Broken the Chains of Mere existance)

Keir

Keir was going to step towards Adrian to see if she could be of any help, despite her distinct feelings that she'd have no idea what was going on, when a flurry of words are traded between him and the Warforged.

As the battle of words turns to a battle of weapons, and the orc joins in, Keir's eyes widen. This wasn't exactly what she expected upon waking up.

"Hey...Hey!...HEY!" Keir is trying to get them to stop beating each other up and actually get them to talk. No one else seemed to have any more of an idea why they were there and it was useless to fight each other until they figured out what was going on and, more importantly, how to get to wherever they actually had a chance of surviving.

((Sorry Highwarlord. >< She was mostly just curious about poking around the body. I'm a dunce sometimes, remind me not to post after midnight.))

Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive for drake's diplomacy check: (1d20)[14]
    Do I have to roll anything else, and is that even necessary, since she saw everything from the beginning and that Onyx didn't actually do anything to threaten Adrian until Adrian made the first threat?
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Asura

Watching impassively as the pair square off, Asura comments to the woman next to him "So much harshness. Maybe a fight will make them feel better?"

But as the fight goes on, and Orc joins in, he starts to worry that someone will end up dead (or at least dismantled). "Ok, guys. That's enough. Save the killing and anatomy lessons for later on, please? See, I'd rather get out of here, wherever here is, and get back to my normal life, whatever that was, than die here. And all this fighting, well, it's not helping, you dig? Besides, I seem to be without a waterskin, so I need to check out that well, and all this harshness is disrupting my focus."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Keir

As the elf talks, Keir keeps her eyes on the scuffle but listens to him. When he mentions being in need of a waterskin, she unhooks her's from her belt and hands it over- still watching those fighting.

"Here you go." Keir begins to shift back and forth on her feet, the confrontation making her uneasy and a bit fretful "I hope they don't hurt each other too bad. This can't end good... Remembering her manners, she adds, "My name is Keir by the way...I think...That sounds right, anyway..."

4. - Top - End - #64

Spoiler
    Show
    Asura is actually the human in flamboyant robes, not the elf.

Quickly taking a swig from the offered waterskin, Asura grins and says "Ahh, much better. I feel like I haven't had a drink for a week!" and returns the borrowed water. After a moment's thought, he adds "Which, I guess isn't impossible, however unlikely. And I am Asura Demos, at your service."

A strange expression crosses his face as he says his name. "Or, at least that's what I remember it being. Which given how little else I recall, might be a false memory implanted by whatever magic brought us here. Man, I hate harsh trips that mess with reality. Though, usually when I forget who I am, everyone else still knows who they are, so maybe it is magic..." His thought train, seemingly derailed for the moment, drifts back to the fight, but with little more to add on that subject, he watches in silence.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Glad to see that the vast majority of the posts were a skirmish

Firae:

The elf's mismatched eyes extend in shock, wonder and surprise. Such power, such magnificence, he doesn't remember feeling anything like that... But the absence of life soon is soon noticed and he calms down... He hasn't noticed or is totally ignoring the skirmish between the construct and the other humanoid.

"Fascinating!" he says excited Most fascinating... A plane composed entirely out of magic... but why use the power unlife to do so?... Life is a precious commodity why bar it? Perhaps this is a gods game right here... perhaps..." his eyes falls onto the body of the man and he instantly forgets his train of thought...

"Well at least there's evidence of some life here... It is highly improbable that this man sew himself mute... This is probably the work of a cult... but why here? What are they doing here?..."

The sound of combat finally reaches his ears and he turns to observe those participating. The sight of the golem like creature does not surprise him for some reason...

"That is a fast way to terminate ones existence" Says the elf to either of the contestants "And you are also making yourselves vulnerable in a foreign environment. Your conflict could attract others then those here present too and that may endanger me as well. So I must object to your conflict... You can settle it later in a more appropriate environment."
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2009-02-20 at 07:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    "Or, at least that's what I remember it being. Which given how little else I recall, might be a false memory implanted by whatever magic brought us here. Man, I hate harsh trips that mess with reality. Though, usually when I forget who I am, everyone else still knows who they are, so maybe it is magic..."
    Ungar pauses for a moment, having heard this latest statement. "hey, that be interesting. Possible that I may not be me but some sort of false personality. But, if that be true, what is-"

The Orc realized that he was musing in the middle of a fight and hastily pushed himself into a defensive position, speaking to Onyx and Adrian. "Either of ya two willing to stop this and give us a bit of rest? It looks like this ain't helping us, so be peaceful or I'll fight ya both." The Orc pauses, and shrugs. "It's how I work best."

Spoiler
    Show

Full defense
    Last edited by DeafnotDumb; 2009-02-21 at 05:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Warden:

"I must agree with the elf. You should stop this pointless combat, at least for now. We would do best to determine more of the circumstances of how we came to this place and what exactly it is first."

Warden steps towards the combatants and attempts to break up the fight by moving between them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Total Defense for myself and using Iron Guard's Glare to give -4 on attack rolls against Onyx
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx
    HP: 14/26 AC: 22 T: 10 FF: 22 (+4) DR: 2/Adamantium

The darker warforged also puts up his defenses, "I've been trying to keep this cutter off me while the rest of you have been staring for the past two minutes! What do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Defense
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

9. - Top - End - #69

Adrian takes several steps back and grins ironically. His loathing for the metal man is provoked to its greatest extent by these statements. He takes several steps back while glaring Onyx in the eye.

"How foolish of you, tin man, to accuse me of being the antagonist in this situation. You yourself said we should ask the audience weather this fight should have gone on and by the looks of things I'd say they think we're equally at fault. Had any but my friend here taken a side their allegiance might be more visible."

Reaching the end of his retreat, Adrian raises his warhammar to eye level, lining up a shot in case any more should choose to strike him.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Move back 20 feet
    Readied action, attack with warhammar should anyone get within range.
    I make avatars if you ask nicely.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx
    HP: 25/26

The warforged touches a hand to his belt and intones a mechanical chime. One of the three onyx gems falls dark as the dents in his armor fade away, "I said no such thing. Besides, the majority seem to think it was pointless, not that we are equally at fault. Start this again and next time I won't be so forgiving." He retrieves his flail and looks to the others, "So what do you all propose to do as opposed to standing here staring at the bloodied psycho and his assault victim?"
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2009-02-23 at 09:42 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Keir

With the fight ended, Keir glances toward the dead bodies. She shakes her head slightly, and reminds herself that that is not the best course of action. Her first concern should be making sure she's able to survive. Keir opens her pack and searches through,

"I've got some food in here,but not much, and a bit of water left in my waterskin. Why not check the well to see if the water is drinkable and head toward that tree. It's the only other landmark around here...

12. - Top - End - #72

Asura

Asura nods. "Food and water come first, since most of us will need it to survive. After that, some shade would be nice. Who knows what sunrise is like here, if there is one. But first, the well. Anyone want to go down and check it out? I would, but it would further ruin my outfit..." He looks sorrowfully down at his slashed outfit.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx

The warforged glances over to the well and then back to those assembled, "It would appear that I have some higher quality rope that we could knot and tie off if someone would like to investigate the well." His massive fist moves as if to produce said rope from his waist but the compartment he opens instead produces a small fuzzball which unfurls into a badger, which scurries around.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[100]

01-30 Bat
    31-60 Rat
    61-75 Cat
    76-90 Weasel
    91-100 Badger

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2009-02-24 at 12:22 AM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #74

"I confess I lack food and water, for any heavier and both my mount and I would be greatly burdened. However, I would guess that that well produces water which, if not potable would at least be boil-able with fire from that tree. If need be, those of us which require sustenance can eat from these corpses as well, a job for which I volunteer my lion. If he is able to eat, I assume he'd have the least moral, and dietary, objections to eating a cadaver. My biggest worry is that there is something in that well, as this featureless plain would allow us to see assailants from any other direction. Would one of you so lucky as to be gifted with the lack of the need to breathe be kind enough to explore down there?"
    Last edited by DrakebloodIV; 2009-02-24 at 12:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

After removing his helmet again and donning his goggles, Adrian looks again at one of the warforged, peering towards the runes that line his peripheral vision as he does so. He focuses on one recurring rune and sketches it out on the dirt with his lance. He makes sure to get the angles and widths of each rune exactly right and erases the rune if it looks even slightly aberrant. He then peers for sequences in the runes, hoping to find a continued pattern he can etch out. As he finds recurring chains of symbols, he carves them out in the dirt with as much detail as possible, establishing to the best of his abilities a manuscript of the writings in his sight.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Taking 20 on a check to write down the information on the goggles.

16. - Top - End - #76

"I too am curious about the tree and would like to proceed towards it once you all are finished investigating this vicinity."
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx

The darker mechanical man begins silently unspooling long lengths of the finest silk rope so that he can begin tying knots in it at equal intervals. It will be this rope that he intends to climb back up as he'll probably be the one heading down the well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 to tie the knots in the rope.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Firae:

The mention of food and water reminds him how dry his throat is and how his stomach grumbled.

"I agree with the consensus that acquisition of food and water is of vital importance right now..." *Approaches Onyx*

"Shall I illuminate the way for you?" (OOC: i.e. his offering to cast light spell (20 minute duration). If onyx wants it, tell Firae where to cast it).

As I too have interest in that strange floral specimen. I too shall accompany anyone heading in its direction... once I've had a drink of water and, if circumstance allows it, some food."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

drake -
    Spoiler
    Show
    The symbols move just too quickly for you to take as much care as you would like in their reading.
    //OOC: You can take 20 on the Dex check, but still need to roll for the Int check
    Just an affable fellow, really.

20. - Top - End - #80

A bead of sweat rolls down Adrians brow as he attempts to etch the runes he glimpses into the sand. His eyes are strained with concentration and his hand wavers slightly as he performs the last bits of the etching.

(OOC-Int check (1d20)[17])

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Keir

"Some of us should go to the tree while the others examine the well. It'll save us time and we can meet back here, since it's the only visible source of water. So...you (she points at Firae) and...you (pointing at the other warforged, Warden) wanted to come. Was there anyone else?"

When she realizes that the two who originally had the confrontation would still be at the well together, she also points at Adrian, "Would you mind coming as well? We could hardly have too much strength to help carry back some firewood."

22. - Top - End - #82

"I'm a bit buisy at the moment"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Firae:

"I guess that my thirst will have to wait as I am way to curious for my own good..." a slight smile makes its way across the stunted elves pied face. "Could I know your title...I mean your name if it pleases you? I am Firae Filuhar..." he tentatively extends a black and white hand not sure if his doing the right thing

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Where is my familiar? XD. Firae has joined the 'expedition' to the tree. Should we get another thread to avoid confusion??

24. - Top - End - #84

RedWizardGuy

Ungar rolls his eyes at Keir and puts his sword back into it's sheath. The speed and ease with which he does the action betrays the familiarity he has with it. "Ya want some strength, why not ask the bloody Orc? I be glad to help. It be my job, after all- notto mention I want to get away from the two fellow sociopaths who were knocking the sense out of each other. I know I've already said this, but most of you where probably focused on the big bloody battle going on in front of you, so my name be Ungar."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Keir

Keir takes the elf's hand to shake it, "I'm Keir. I don't remember a surname so...I'll just go with that for now.

"My apologies, Ungar. I meant no offense."
    She nods apologeticalyl to the orc. She can't help but think they might end up with one less companion in this desolate waste if they leave Onyx and Adrian together. But such is life.

Spoiler
    Show

Maybe if we start the posts like "Name- Location" it would help keep everything straight?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The tree is within shouting distance (60 yards). You don't need another thread

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx

Onyx gathers up his knotted rope and heads over by the well to examine it in greater detail. After a few moments he glances to the badger running around and a thought pulls at his mind, crawling up the base of his skull. He reaches out towards the animal and gestures towards the well, "In!" The badger waddles over and hops into the well.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

The badger drops into the well. After a little over a second, you hear a splash as the badger hits the water. You hear the creature paddling about in the water beneath you. The paddling of the creature grows more silent as though it is moving away, and after a short time it goes quiet.

29. - Top - End - #89

"Shall we?

Allowing the investigation of the well to continue without him, Warden begins walking towards the tree.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Onyx

The warforged stares down into the well, listening hard for several long moments to see if he can hear anything else. He turns to the others, "The well ate my badger."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett