New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Eberron - What Dreams May Come

This game is spun from this recruitment thread. If you posted a character sheet in the thread and I didn't say you were denied, you're in. If you haven't posted a character sheet, what the heck are you waiting for?

The following house-rules are in effect:
    Vitality and Wound PointsWeapon Group Proficiencies
    Spell Points
    Armor-as-DR, Class bonus to AC
    I use a variant on the vitality point system wherein critical hits do base damage to the WP and all the extra damage to the VP (as opposed to just base damage to WP - I made crits a bit more dangerous, heh). Their crit threats and multipliers are the same. Magical healing doesn't do that funky split - it just heals damage, starting with WP damage first and then moving on to VP damage. Characters roll for VP, as well, but start off with max VP at first level. Sadly, I could never convince myself to make casters pay for their spells out of their VP. We're not going with that version.
    The class bonus to AC supersedes the armor bonus if the class bonus is higher - thus, you can wear armor and get the DR as well as your class bonus.

The Party
    Wells the Artificer
    Isaac
    Zephron
    Lock
    Falcon Starflame
    Nameless Horror with a Taste for Brains (and a two-thirds spellcasting advancement - you don't go up in Sorcerer casting on 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels).
    I'll be getting links up to your character sheets as you post in this thread. When we're in combat, kindly post running stat blocks with your actions. I'd like this stat block to include your VP/WP total, AC, saving throws, any statuses you're under and their remaining durations (if known). If you're a spellcaster, post your spell point total.
    - - -

Sir Jeffers, a knight of Breland and a paladin of the Sovereign Host, sat in an inn in one of the more respectable neighborhoods of Sharn awaiting his recent acquaintances, a fresh-minted party of adventurers who came by recommendation from an old friend. The inn was surprisingly quiet, a clean and brightly-lit place lovingly maintained by the redheaded half-elf barmaid and the burly greybearded barkeep. He was the only person in the tavern, seated at a table that held a good view of the entire room; this was a man unused to taking chances. The risk he was taking with this party only served to make him all the more antsy.
    Last edited by Solaris; 2008-12-30 at 03:34 AM.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron - What Dreams May Come

Zephon

Zephon walked into the inn, letting his eyes adjust to the dim light. He was wearing his human guise, something he didn't like to do, but realized the necessity of when in cities and the like. Seeing only one patron he moves over to to the table.

Sir Jeffers I presume?

He says as he takes a seat.

Spoiler
    Show
    If there's a seat with it's back to the wall that isn't uncomfortably close to Sir Jeffers then Zephon sits there. If there isn't then he sits where he will expose his back to the least amount of space.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-12-29 at 11:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wells walked in to the inn. His eyes didn't need to adjust to the light much, and it appeared one of the other adventurers had already arrived. From one hand swung his tablecase (legs folded) the other held his Quarterstaff, which he leaned on as he entered. "Remember Wells, you need the money." he said to himself. "Or do you want to set the world onfire just to watch it burn?" the voice said. Wells hated the voice. The Karnathi, at least in appearance, strode over to the table to stand next to the previously arrived party. "You're the superior then?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Wells remains standing, unless offered a seat. He stands half at attention, half leaning on his staff, and looks a little bit distracted.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-12-29 at 03:18 PM.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Issac was in a bit of a hurry, he had an appointment he intended to keep. Rushing out the door, nearly forgetting his staff, he locked up his shop and headed for the inn.

Avery had contacted him about a week ago, time to call in a favor. Issac wasn't really in a position to be turning down work that paid anyway, so it's not like he minded.

About 30 minutes later he arrived at that the door to the inn. Issac couldn't help but pause and remember his summer working at an inn just like this to help pay the bills while he was in school. Issac shrugged and entered with that same little smirk on his face.

The inn was nicely decorated with dim lighting used to give the place a comfortable feel. He noticed a group of people by the only table in use and figured it had to be who he was here to meet.

Issac made his way across the room at a slow pace, taking off his cloak while he did. Once he reached the table, Issac looked about at the people around him taking a little measure of them. "Hello." Issac offered in greeting. "You must be the mr.Jeffers I was asked to meet. My name is Issac." After finishing his greetings he finds a nice comfy chair at the table, drapes his cloak on it, and has a seat.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have Issac roll sense motive to see if he can get a hunch about Jeffers trustworthiness, and, of course, if he lies. Sense Motive - (1d20+7)[8]
    Wow, what a horrible roll. =P

-Felirc-
    Last edited by Felirc; 2008-12-29 at 02:31 PM.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #5

Falcon

Falcon approaches the inn from the back alley - main streets are too open. As he enters through a side door he notices four people sitting around a table. He looks around for his contact and realizes it must be one of the people sitting at the table. He frowns a little as he starts walking over. I thought I was working alone, he thinks to himself. As he approaches closer, he recognizes the nervous-looking man as someone he's seen before. Falcon moves quietly up behind Sir Jeffers and grabs his elbow. He speaks quietly, not caring if his speech is too low for the others at the table. "Are you my contact?"

Spoiler
    Show
    In case you want to roll for this

Move Silently - (1d20+6)[12]

Also, if Sir Jeffers answers in the affirmative, Falcon will sit at the table, but will be squatting on one of the chairs, first so that he is at the correct height above the able and second so that he can jump away at a sign of danger

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    listen check- (1d20+11)[23]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Lock

With each step the floorboards creak and the whir of gears and mechanisms sound from within figure that enters next. His eyes gleam with a bright azure usually not seen in other models of similar design and his plating is marked by mineral deposits growing from what stone portions can be seen. Each crystal glows with a slight inner power that nearly matches the infinite depths of his optics. Each movement is precise and calculates as he slowly draws up to the table which is rapidly gathering adventurers. He stops behind a chair but does not pull it back and does not seem as though he plans to sit. He folds his arms behind his back and a mechanical whir echoes from the slit he has for a mouth on an otherwise featureless mask. The whir ends with a click as a deep bass rumbles forth, "Awaiting orders."

Spoiler
    Show
    WP: 13 VP: 7 AC: 19 T: 13 FF: 17
    5/5 PP 1/1PP in Psiforged Body acting as Cognizance Crystal.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

8. - Top - End - #8

Wells turns to study the Warforged that is apparently part of their group. The crystals growing on it, he doesn't recognize, but the fundemental shape is there. A Warforged would be a perfect study subject.
    Spoiler
    Show

Listen Check: (1d20+2)[11]
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-12-29 at 08:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

He walks into the bar, an imposing figure; cloaked and robed, hood up, with immense, heavy, intimidating boots, grey and steel shod. Why am i wearing a hood... I hate hoods. Let the people bask in my radiance. He pulls it back with a flair, and hits the barmaid with a once stunning smile. A pretty thing, with hair just like mine... hm. The smile comes out as more of a grimace, his tentacles writhing in front of his face and showing the lamprey like mouth. Oh. Damn this half-assed transformation. The mind does not match the body. Tsk. Asexuality and all that. I must be prudent. He ignores the look on her face as he approaches the paladin, putting on an air of stoic silence. He sits down in the next table, and stares the man down.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

(Yay for anachronistic responses! They mostly go in order, but breaks in the text indicate space for someone else to respond. Zephon's here first; he gets first reply. Wells gets here when Zephon's here, Isaac when both Zeph and Wells, then Sebastian, then our brain-eating friend.
    Or something like that. Just roll with it.)

Jeffers rises to shake Zephon's hand. Even through the deva's guise, he could sense something... wonderful about him. "It is. I take it you're in charge of the men I'm to hire?" He speaks slowly, with a deep voice.

Jeffers looks at the Karrnathi artificer. He could recognized an academy cadet when he saw one, and the man's accent was clear enough. "I am," he replied, sizing the man up. "A Rekenmark man, eh?"

Jeffers shakes Isaac's hand. "A pleasure, Isaac. Call me Frank. Liam said he'd be sending one of his better students to help. I hope you live up to his standards."
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get the feeling he's shifty and untrustworthy.

As soon as he said that, the insistent halfling grabbed his elbow.
    "Wha-" Jeffers says, startled, then looks down at Falcon. He knew the barbarian from a few run-ins they'd had in the past, but didn't believe him to be wholly irredeemable. "Yes, I am. I went and hired a few more men to make sure you don't get in over your head, my little friend."

Sebastian d'Cannith was among the last to arrive at the Dragon's Alcove. An old acquaintance had detained him for several long minutes, and he'd narrowly avoided getting dragged into more House business. He was a regular at the inn, and knew all the staff by name.
    The half-elf smiled when she saw him walk in. "Evenin', Bastion. The usual?"
    Sebastian shook his head. "No, not today, Jess." She was the newest waitress, and apparently a bit of a charity case. The barkeep and owner of the establishment, Malcolm Reyland, had an admirable soft spot when it came to the needy. Walking up to the bar, Sebastian accepted a mug of the ale Reyland brewed himself.
    "You're contact's o'er there," Reyland said quietly, gesturing towards Jeffers. The paladin was exchanging greetings with Zephon, Wells, and Isaac. "The big fella who looks like he's got the weight of the world on 'is shoulders."
    "The Brelish knight?" Sebastian asked. "Whatsisname, Jeffers?"
    "Ya got any others lined up?" Reyland asked sarcastically. He loved Bastion like a son, but the Host knew the boy didn't have half a lick of sense. "Mind you, we got some weird ones comin'."
    "I can imagine," Sebastian replied as he took a drink and walked over to greet the rest of his party. He unconsciously drew himself up and adopted a more regal air, carrying himself like the proud heir of House Cannith he was. The dragonmark on the back of his right hand shone dimly in the firelight, making it quite clear that he had reason to be arrogant.
    Sir Jeffers looked rather incredulous at the young man's approach. "Yep. You're definitely Sebastian's boy."

When she saw the inhuman monster grinning lecherously at her, the Jess's face dropped and she shrieked.
    "Oi!" the bear of a barkeep snapped. "You slimy git, knock that off! Leave the poor girl alone an' get outta my establishment. We don't serve your kind here." His ham-sized fist clenched a large crossbow, the words 'Last Call' visibly etched into the bow.
    Sir Jeffers cleared his throat, heading off the verbal fight at the proverbial pass. "Calm down," the paladin intoned. "There's no need to shed blood. The creature's done nothing wrong."
    "He's with me." Sebastian spoke with the air of someone who is used to being listened to. "So put the ex-bow away and let us conduct our business, old friend."
    Reyland was unimpressed. "Since when did you keep company with abominations?"
    Sebastian just shrugged.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vahn enters in only a couple feet behind his brother keeping quiet so noone would take notice of him as he hates being the center of attention. He gives a warm smile to the newest charity case, Jess, that Reyland acquired. He had liked Jess from the first time she smiled at him and doesn't mind having her attention. Vahn moves around his brother and sits at the bar, moving closer to Jess. As usual Sebastian talks to Mr. Reyland and he chats up Jess for any new gossip she might have heard. Keeping an ear to the only table that is in use.

12. - Top - End - #12

"Oh. Wonderful... cousins!"
    Wells turned his head. He really would have to do something about the accent and manner one day and- What the hell was that? It looked like a... "Squid? Wonderous. The employer is Brelish, and I'm working with a squidface. All we need now is... I don't know... a shifter or maybe a changeling, and we'll be nicely rounded out. The money had better be good."
    Spoiler
    Show

Roll Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+8)[26] and Knowledge (the planes) (1d20+8)[9] checks to figure out what the squidface is.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

I'm not in charge, I was just told to meet Sir Jeffers here.

Zephon says after shaking the man's hand.

Forgive me, I seem to have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Zephon.

He tells Jeffers as the squid man walks in. Seeing the face of someone clearly unnatural he begins to reach for his warhammer, but stops himself when he remembers why he's here in the first place. "I've gotta shake these reactions, not jump to conclusions" he thinks as he activates his detect evil ability and sweeps the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    not gonna jump on anyone for being evil, but if they register then I'll be keeping an eye on them (not a paladin, don't worry)

So, what is it you want us to do anyway?
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-12-30 at 10:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

For Wells's Eyes Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You realize squidface here is a human who has been subjected to a partial ceramorphosis. He's still more human than not, but his physiology - and quite probably his psyche - is partially subverted by the illithid tadpole infesting his brain. This creature could prove exceedingly dangerous.

For Zephon's Eyes Only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get no sense of evil auras emanating from inside this room.
    Well, except for the horrific, overwhelming evil aura oozing out of the shifty-looking character trying to flirt with the redheaded half-elf - oh, wait, he just has gas. Nevermind. All's good in here.

Jeffers takes a deep breath, then motions for the group to be seated. "Please, sit down," he says in his slow baritone. "What's that you're drinking, d'Cannith?"
    "Call me Bastion," Sebastian replies. He looks over his shoulder at the barkeep. "Reyland, a round of your special for the gents here, if you please."
    "Aye, aye." Reyland fixes Vahn with a steady glare. "Git off flirtin' with my waitresses, boy. She's got work to do."
    "Alright then." Jeffers shifts uncomfortably in his chair, clearly more than a little uneasy. He addresses Zephon. "I - and my comrades - have recently come across evidence that one of the sages who makes his residence in the upper towers has been treating with the undead. An item, the Sphere of Grey Mists - he had a thief steal it from Morgrave University. They haven't realized it's been stolen yet, he replaced it with a glamered duplicate. It's an artifact of evil, capable of wrenching spirits from Dollurh and animating dead bodies with them. It's a grey, glass sphere filled with mists - hence the name." He takes another breath, the words having come out of him in what could best be described as a slow-talking torrent. "Have I piqued your interest?"

Currently Playing

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

Why are people always messing around with undead? I know lives are short here but you'd think people would catch on eventually...

Sorry, I digress. So what is it exactly that you want us to do? Something tells me "storm the tower" isn't exactly what you had in mind.

Zephon asks as the drinks come, he takes a sip of his and grimaces slightly at the taste, putting the drink down he turns to the others at the table.

And who might you fine folks be? I'm sure we're all here due to some special talent or another. My name is Zephon, and I am a warrior of some small skill.

description of human form-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zephon's human form is a tall male (6'3") with that is well muscled but not overly built. His movements have a fluidity that seems a little out of place in such a large man. He also seems very self assured and maybe just a little bit arrogant.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-12-30 at 12:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

When the name of squid is mentioned, he flicks a tentacle at the man and makes and hisses, hoping that would dissuade him. Other than this, he remains silent, and doesn't even look at his drink. Leaning closer after Zephon speaks, he says in a smooth, beautiful voice that does not at all match his body, "A magic of evil is no worse than one of good. It simply requires one of power and guile to control it. You people need to learn to take pwer when it is within your grasp. Now." He turns to Jeffers. "How might we acquire this artifact?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, it would be knowledge:dungeoneering to recognize an illithid... and they do not have gas. They're higher than such petty things.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon
    Hah! guide and control it? When in the last few thousand years has anyone successfully controlled undead for anything other than personal gain? There's a reason the priests devoted to the upper planes attempt to keep the undead population at a minimum.

disclaimer-
    Spoiler
    Show
    this is not how I was a player view undead at all, I actually find it incredibly stupid that mindless undead (which have no souls) are automatically evil, while constructs that bind water elementals against their will into a heavy material frame are not.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-12-30 at 02:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh? And what's wrong with personal gain? You know nothing, boy. Undead are simply constructs, nothing more, nothing less. Would you attack the lonely sage for creating a guardian of clay, as his protector and servant? He can also create a guardian of flesh... the undead are the same, simply whole and unbutchered."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I completely agree. While it is distasteful, it's not nearly as bad as creating a flesh golem, which requires the bodies to be butchered and mangled, and then the enslavement of an elemental.

19. - Top - End - #19

"You're wanting an insertion then? In, out, return the sphere before anyone notices that it's gone?"
    "Like ghosts."
    "Major Halden Wells, I'll need a little more information about this before I agree to anything."
    An ithillid then. But what was one doing out of their clutches, not even fully formed. "I told you, cousins!" "Oh this is a merry, merry band they've cooked up."
    Spoiler
    Show

Ehem, Baelnorn. And the Deathless. oh! Ghost-martyrs of the Saphire Guard ATTACK! Damn thing fudged my rolls!
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-12-30 at 02:11 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show

Apologies for the double post. It fudged my rolls.
    So, once again:
    Rolling Knowledge checks (The Planes) to figure out/remember what exactly Dorhull is and why dragging souls off of it is bad.Knowledge (Arcana) to figure out what is different from standard warforged about the one standing next tome.

The Planes (1d20+8)[26] (In case rolls are fudged again. 26)
    Arcana (1d20+8)[12] (In case rolls are fudged again 12)
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-12-30 at 02:16 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

There is nothing wrong with personal gain in and of itself, but when actions are taken for the sole purpose of personal gain issues arise. Do not presume on what I do and do not know Sir Squid-I am probably a bit older than you think.

Spoiler
    Show
    yeah flesh golems are straight up creepy, especially since there's 3 or 4 variations on it now (dragonflesh, demonflesh, etc.)

also we might need a real OOC thread soon, just a thought.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

A quiver jolts through his body at the mention of squid. "I am no squid... and certainly no sir. And I do not refer to your age, but your mentality when i call you a child, for such naivete is fitting of one. Yes, I would suppose you are some kind of higher being... perhaps an aasimar. There is a faint whiff of the upper planes in you, but nothing too powerful. But I digress. We can discuss the nature of ths evil once we come upon it." He turns to Jeffers, looking at him expectantly.

23. - Top - End - #23

Wells levels his quarterstaff between the two arugers.
    "If we are going to work together I suggest you both get over your philosophying, and shut your mouths. Or whatever similar orrifice you might have." Wells places undue empahsis on the terms "if" and "work together"
    Neither of you have problems with personal gain, yes? Think. About. The. Money.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Issac's face grew pale at the very mention of the undead. A little shaken he didn't notice the conversation going on between his two new partners.

Clearing his throat and still looking a little rattled he says "I'm Issac, Divination major from the Arcane University and a sorta specialist in undead. gaining a little more confidence as he spoke "I run a little office here in Sharn where I try to help people who can't afford the help they need."

"Of course." He thought. "How many other people could Avery know that would not only know how to deal with something like this, but also want to." Still, he couldn't help but feel a little mad at Avery for not at least telling him what he'd be facing.

Stirring from his thoughts for a moment, he turns to Jeffers. "Which Sage do you believe has done this and what evidence do you have against him? I don't mind helping to stop this thing, but I'd rather not break in on a Sage without good reason." he said with a forced grin.

And a little file is made in the back of his mind, that if Jeffers is as untrustworthy as he appears, then he might just be working for someone who really wants to get their hands on this sphere.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll first have him roll knowledge arcane to see if he knows anything about this magic item. Then knowledge religion to see if he can determine what kind of undead it creates and if he knows what their vulneribilities might be.

Then of course I'll have him roll knowledge local to see if he knows anything about this Sage.

Knowledge Arcane - (1d20+10)[19]
    Knowledge Religion - (1d20+8)[14]
    Knowledge Local - (1d20+8)[20]

-Felirc-
    Last edited by Felirc; 2008-12-30 at 02:55 PM.
     /l、
    (゚、 。 7
     l、 ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

His eyes narrowing at being called a child, Zephon responds to (actually OOC I don't know the illithid's name).
    Very well, if you are no squid then what shall I call you? I apologize if I have offended you, I tend to get hot headed sometimes. You have your right to disagree with me, but I would appreciate it if you didn't assume everyone who disagrees with you is infantile and naive. I have seen more than you realize, as I am sure you have seen more than I realize.
    Zephon finishes, making a visible effort to calm himself down.

Turning to Wells-
    Do not point your stick at me, there has been no malice in what I say and I have offered violence to none.

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge: religion check- (1d20+7)[23]
    knowledge: the planes check (not that I expect to get much out of it)- (1d20+7)[12]
    sense motive check (shoulda done this one earlier)- (1d20+7)[26]

26. - Top - End - #26

"Dissent in the ranks is tantamount to a knife in the back. If you two can't stop bickering about comparitive morality like children, there is a good chance the knife will wind up in my back. And on that point' Wells swings his staff back upright 'I will point my stick wherever and at whomsoever I like." "That one! That one will find us out! Kill it! Kill it! kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill Kill it now!" The voice was particularly bad today. Wells couldn't feel anything about this Zephon, but that did not mean anything. Wells had no extraordinary talent for such things, but the Ithillid might know.
    Spoiler
    Show

No reading Well's mind without a check Gorgon. It's a Will Save, DC 13, or be dazed for a round.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

I would qualify pointing a weapon at someone as far further into the realms of dissent than a discussion on morals. I would rather know who agrees and disagrees with me than blindly following someone for the sake of preventing dissent anyway. So I say again-do not point your stick at me, if you persist then I may have to take your toy away and put you in time out.
    Zephon says, a bit of a smirk on his face as he speaks the last bit.
    Last edited by sidhe_blooded; 2008-12-30 at 05:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

"First you call it a stick, then you call it a weapon, now a stick again. Make up your mind man! If I am to lean on a weapon, why then do I not have a sword? At least I may then threaten you more effectively." With his free hand, Wells makes jabbing motions as if he had a sword.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Zephon

Something being a stick does not preclude it being a weapon. So saying an object is one does not mean it is not also the other. I also never accused you of threatening me, so do not put words into my mouth.

I find your belligerent response boring and unhelpful, perhaps you'd like to rethink it?

Spoiler
    Show
    just in case there's confusion, nothing I've said to Wells has been in a raised voice, it's all been with an even tone in a non-fightin' words manner.

30. - Top - End - #30

Kill it! Cut it's throat! Spill it's blood!
    "If I was not threatening you, then why should my stick bother you in the least? Regardless, we are here to hear the proposal of Sir Jeffers, not to squabble like children."
    Do it! Rend the flesh. Slash it's pretty little face!
    "Enough!" It takes a moment for Wells to realize that he has spoken aloud, yelled in fact. he turns to Jeffers. "It is clear that these two and myself will not be able to keep our minds to ourselves while there is nothing to do but talk.' Wells indicates Zephon and the Half-Ithillid with a shortened sweep of one end of his staff 'We should put ourselves to business as of this moment. We need to know the following, possibly a few other things but in the main: How far is the target, what kind of resistance can we expect in recovering the item in question, are we required to dispatch the thieves, or should they be returned alive? What is the pay? Should we expect further requests after this? How are we to contact you when we have possession for the item? How much time are we expected to have?" Wells delivers this list in a type of blistering, military precision. One can almost see the neat script on parchment being drawn up.
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2008-12-30 at 08:36 PM.