New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Welcome Home (Sanitarium) IC

Thruster Manly

Ok, the coast seems to be clear. I can't seem to find the Kage though. Did I miss a briefing?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ryouta

Something about destroying stuff, and hanging four leaf clovers on other stuff... Or something like that. Ryouta is playing with a bell she fastened to her tail

OOC: I assume she can have a cat tail because she is a cat girl...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thruster Manly

Destroying what stuff? Give me a target.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Little Kerri

Little Kerri smiles watching the fun her little comment started.

It's like the butterfly effect magnified a thousand fold... one little thing sets off a whole series of events. Kaori certainly has some issues about her bust... wonder if I will when I grow some.

She turns and walks off down the hallway.

Wow, it's like Christmas... all the things I've wanted to take, but never could because they'd be missed or it was too obvious... I think they all cause bad luck! Better go take care of them! I've really admired that gene sequencer in the young master's lab... very much a bad luck thing I think!
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. - Top - End - #65

Ryouta

Unlucky stuff, Stuff that is unlucky, Objects that bring the opposite of luck, and anybody here who is unlucky...

Ryouta looks at Manly, but then notices that she has yarn. Yay yarn!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"I GOT YOUR BAD LUCK RIGHT HERE, YOU SUPERSTITIOUS VC GOONS!"

The Kage stood at the top of the stairs in full rambo glory, the ripped and torn pieces of a curtain wrapped around his head like a bandanna. Under one arm he carried a massive crate. With a grunt of effort he tore off one of the sides. A virtual tidal wave of black cats poured out, mewling and pawing at the air. As one they moved in a great black wave and pounced on Ryouta. They settled down on top of her, purring and sniffing and lapping at her face.

Laughing like a madman, The Kage pulled an M60 machine gun out of nowhere and began blazing away at them with blanks. He ran down the hall, swerving to walk under several ladders he had apparently set up while no one was looking.

Naoki just stared for a second, then sighed and went to his labraotry in the attic.

Spoiler
    Show

Ryouta is pinned under the cats and needs to make an Athletics check before she can do anything.

I want to try making this little poverty God scenario an ongoing mini-game type deal. Let me explain.

Each Maid can contribute one roll to the overall goal of Preparing the Mansion for the Poverty God. If you succeed, you can choose to increase the mansion's good luck, decrease the mansion's bad luck, or add to the mansion's karma.

When fighting the Poverty God, the mansion's bad luck is subtracted from the mansion's good luck, and the result is applied as a modifier on all die rolls made against the Poverty God.

Karma allows you to ignore the penalty for a surplus of bad luck or receive twice the bonus from good luck, but your next die roll will suffer a double penalty.

Example: The mansion has 3 points of bad luck and 2 points of good luck. All rolls against the Poverty God have a -1 modifier to the die roll. You can spend a point of Karma to ignore that penalty for the duration of one roll, but your next roll will have a -2 penalty.

The Mansion currently has 2 bad luck, 0 good luck, and 0 karma.

OOC: A cat tail is part of the essential catgirl image, Shades of gray.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-02-24 at 11:20 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Ryouta

My long lost cousins! Wait, you are all unlucky... Ryouta attempts to break free. She wants to break free...

Spoiler
    Show
    athletics: 2x6=12

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thruster

Get in line, you felines! Form up and await orders!
    Manly begins grabbing cats and holding them close, although he's having trouble grabbing so many.
    Spoiler
    Show
    12+8=20, I'd wager that's enough to grab quite a few and free her.

And uh, I guess that's also our combined roll against the poverty god.
    Last edited by Divine Comedy; 2009-02-24 at 10:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kaori

"Bad luck? Bad luck?! BAD LUCK?!" Kaori yelled, jumping on a cute black cat and clawing at it with her fingernails.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics roll to DECREASE THE BAD LUCK OF THE MANSION!

A... 3.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Yuri

Yuri followed the master to his laboratory.

What do I care about the mansion's bad luck? I have enough bad luck in life. I don't even know why the master wants me. I must have a deformity or something.

Yuri walks in and closes the door behind her. To make sure no one pops in she locks the door.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Little Kerri

Little Kerri, in addition to actually stealing several important, artistic, or otherwise valuable objects to add to her collection, does go around placing good luck talismans (which she had the good fortune to steal during her lifetime) all over the mansion.

Luck: (1d6x4)[20]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

The Living Room

Ryouta managed to free herself from the cat stampede with the help of Manly, who managed to grab and hold an absurd number of cats. Kaori mostly ended up with a ton of scratches for her trouble.

Meanwhile, Little Kerri took a neat little haul of miscellaneous items, as well as successfully improving the manor's luck.

The Lab

Naoki walked over to his computer desk. "Actually, I didn't bring you up here to have sex. I really do need your assistance." He looked her up and down, and then added "Regrettably."

"I've been thinking that if the Kage was stricken with bad luck, he'd be a lot easier to control. Luckily, the Poverty God should have bad luck in abundance. All we need to do is to get it to rub off on the Kage."

Naoki went over to Yuri, wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her close. "This is very important, Yuri. You'll be helping everyone out by doing this. I''ll... we'll all be very grateful to you." He tapped her nose lightly as a smile played on his lips.

Hiding, Xian Pu could see and hear everything.

Spoiler
    Show

Yuri and Xian Pu can still make a roll to affect the mansion's luck.
    Kaori takes 3 stress.
    Mansion Luck: Bad 1, Good 1, Karma 0
    And now I have Queen stuck in my head. Thanks, Shades of gray.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-02-25 at 01:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Little Kerri

Little Kerri goes down and searches through her stuff, looking for something to please her father. She smiles when she finds a box she intercepted some time ago, and pulls out a few of the items inside. Flash-bang grenades shouldn't inflict too much infrastructure damage, and were unlikely to harm anyone in a permanant fashion... just the thing for his current mood! She leaves her "stash" room, locking it behind her and goes to find the Kage.

Eventually locating him, hiding behind an overturned couch, she calls out in a really attrocious Viet Namese accent... "Soldier man... you help my family... I bring you help from soldier place called ammodump." She sets the three flash-bangs down and bows toward the Kage, then turns and skips away.

Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: stress explosion - mischief? No, I'm not having an explosion yet... you haven't SEEN mischief. ;)
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. - Top - End - #74

Ryouta

Now my pretty signs of bad luck, leave this place! Ryouta pulls out her yarn and will try to use it to lead them outside the building.

OOC:EDIT: I see that you already included my action in the luck schematic. If I'm mistaken, I got 4 on my cunning to get rid of bad luck cats.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-02-25 at 03:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Karoi

"Oww... stupid kitten." Kaori mutters at the cat now laying on top of her beaten form, mewing at her. In triumph. "Awwe, aren't you a cute kitty?" She remarks, starting to pet it, drawn in by its charms.

Its too late for her.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-02-25 at 07:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Yuri

"I don't understand what you want from me. What exactly are you wanting me to do?"

This is unusual he wants me for something besides sex. I am intrigued.

Yuri has a confused look on her face and starts to fiddle with her hair.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

The Lab

Naoki played with a strand of her hair. "Oh, I just want you to kiss the Povery God. On the lips. And then kiss The Kage. On the lips. That's not so bad, is it?"
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-02-25 at 11:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Yuri

I should have known that it had to do with my body.

"Well I can't say that I like that idea. I will do it for you though. I would like it better if the plan involved kissing you."

Yuri shifts upward toward his face and her outfit shifts downward.
    Last edited by Siren; 2009-02-25 at 11:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Little Kerri
    Soldier man... you help my family... I bring you help from soldier place called ammodump." She sets the three flash-bangs down and bows toward the Kage, then turns and skips away.
    Manly also searches for the Kage and gets there as soon as Kerri has skipped away. Meanwhile he randomly smashes things he thinks are bad luck.

Hot damn! Flash-bangs! Now that's what I call good luck!

Manly reaches for the flash-bangs.
    Oh Commanding Officer, do you want first pick? He mentions to the Kage.
    Last edited by Divine Comedy; 2009-02-25 at 11:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

The Lab

Naoki's eyes locked on the downwards uniform shift first. Then, with conscious effort, he forced himself to look at her face. "That makes two of us. And afterwards, you know, we can.. if you want to..."

One of Naoki's monitors beeped. With a sigh and visible regret, he pulled away. "The Poverty God is here."

The Living Room

The massive and ornate double doors of the manor suddenly opened of their own accord.

In stumbled the drunkest, filthiest, and most obnoxiously dressed hobo any of you had seen. He was wrapped in swathes of neon pink cloth, covered in muck and dirt, and reeling about while clutching a paper sack with a bottleneck protruding from it.

Naoki was walking down the staircase to meet him. "Poverty God!" Naoki pointed at the hobo dramatically. You're misfortune is not wanted here! Begone, or..."

"Oooohhh, this place is simply fabulous!"

Naoki stopped mid-rant. "WHAT."

"I simply love what you've done with place. This flooring goes with the theme perfectly! But that lamp is so tacky..."

Naoki glared at the hobo. "Alright, BS! Gay people don't act like that! You're just trying to screw with my head!"

"Oooo, aren't you feisty. I'd like to spur you around the yard a bit."

"SOMEONE KILL HIM. LIKE, RIGHT NOW!"

"Hold it, tiger. I'll dance, but first, a drink. I do love Molotov cocktails."

Wit that, the Povery God smashed his bottle over his head. The liquor instantly ignited, setting the Poveryt God alight.

Meanwhile, back at The Kage's couch barricade, The Kage was busy firing out a window, spraying the foliage with blanks. "Take the grenades and give em' hell, Sergeant!"

Spoiler
    Show

Fight the Flaming Hobo Poverty God!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Little Kerri

Little Kerri appears like magic from the door to the library, "Poverty is the spawn of ignorance! Fight poverty with knowledge! She suddenly flings an supersized paperback book with a bright green cover at the flaming hobo, "RICH DAD, POOR DAD!"

Cunning: (1d6x4)[16]
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #82

Ryouta

Gah! Poverty God. Ummm... Ryouta is at a loss as to what she should do. She'll attempt to throw one of the cats at the poverty god. Cat-Attack!

OOC: athletics - (1d6x2)[10]

23. - Top - End - #83

Kaori

"My Dad always said the best way to deal with hobos was to beat them with a stick!" Kaori said, running over to the poverty god with the black cat still on her shoulder. She looked around quickly. "Anyone got a stick?" She asked quietly, then eyed him again. Slowly she raised her hand and tried to scratch him with her fingernail, getting a lot of dirt underneath it for her trouble.

"EW!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fingernail attack!

(1d6)[4]x3

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Yuri

Yuri followed the master and saw the Poverty God.

OH MY I AM SUPPOSED TO KISS THAT!

Yuri looks disgusted.

Oh well I am already a whore. I hate my life.

Yuri tries to flash a little skin to attract the hobo. The hobo doesn't seem interested though. Yuri jumps at the hobo and attempts to kiss him.

The things I do for the master.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning roll to seduce him 1x4=4
    Desperate athletics roll to steal a kiss 6x2=12

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Tears began to roll down Xian Pu eyes as she learned Yuri already been with Naoki. Nevertheless, felt a chance to get Master, jumping out from cover, glomping him.
    "Master, like me right?" She said in a pitful manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 total for seduction attempt
    Last edited by Talkkno; 2009-02-27 at 01:53 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thruster Manly
    JUMPIN JEHOSAFAT, A FLAMING HOBO! I'VE GOT TO PUT HIM OUT AND QUESTION HIM. Manly pulls out his bazooka and fires. THE CONCUSSIVE FORCE SHOULD PUT OUT THOSE FLAMES REAL QUICK, FELLA!

Spoiler
    Show
    Got an 8. Huh. How about that.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Flaming Hobo Fight

Kerri's hurled paperback clonked the hobo on the head. He picked it up and began reading. "Interesting. But the prevailing economic conditions..."

Ryouta's hurled cat screeched towards the hobo like a bat out of hell. Offhandedly he swatted the cat aside with the paper back and kept reading, not noticing that the book was beginning to catch fire.

Kaori's fingernail attack was completely ineffective. All she got for her trouble was a burning cinder under her fingernail along with the muck, causing great pain.

As Yuri hurled herself towards the hobo, Naoki moved to intercept her. "WAIT! YOU CAN'T KISS HIM, HE'S ON FIRE!!! Unfortunately, Xian Pu latched onto his ankle like a rabid dog, tripping him up. "GAH! Xian, stop crying, I like you! Very much! NOW PLEASE LET ME GO."

Yuri crashed into the hobo and managed to get a kiss tasting of cheap booze, vomit, and strangely, key lime pie.

That's when Manly unleashed his mighty bazooka. The hobo was tossed off his feet, landing hard.

Spoiler
    Show

The Hobo takes 5 stress!
    Ryouta takes 7 stress!
    Kaori takes 5 stress!
    Yuri has gained bad luck! -1 to all rolls! Get rid of bad luck by kissing someone and giving it to them!
    Xian Pu has seduced Master Naoki!
    The Hobo takes 2 stress!

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Yuri

Ok now I want to throw up. That will have to wait. First, I have to kiss the Kage. Maybe while I am kissing him, I can throw up in his mouth. That would get him back for humiliating me.

Yuri walks in search of the Kage. She has not noticed anyone that doesn't have to do with the mission. She is very single-minded when grossed out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh well too late.
    Last edited by Siren; 2009-02-27 at 12:14 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Damn. Ummm... Ryouta tries to whip him. Whip him good.

Whip of the heavens!

athleticsAttack - (1d6x2)[2]

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Little Kerri

Little Kerri whips out another book, "Trickle-down this economic condition!" She tosses it overhand toward the Poverty God, aiming it for it arc overhead and land on his head. "REGANOMICS: SUPPLY-SIDE ECONOMICS IN ACTION!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald