Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: A god am I

1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: A god am I

Mumbles

Another Clown rebelling?

This could get annoying. It should be dealt with.

"Nilbog huh? Not very clownish."

The Dark form of Mumbles circled around Nilbog.

"I could destroy you, I could do it with a gesture. I could crush your body in my madness. I could be rid of you."

Mumbles' darkness wrapped around Nilbog.

"I'M BIG! YOUR SMALL! I'M RIGHT! YOUR WRONG! AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!"

The pain and assault upon Nilbog's mind would have been unbearable for a mortal. It would have crushed the spirit and body of any lesser being. But something about Nilbog saved him. Mumbles stopped.

"I will not kill you....I will simply banish you."

The Dark laughter of Mumbles echoed in the Dark Carnival. Mumbles form floated over the center ring. His power flowing through the Dark Carnival.

"Am I not just? Am I not merciful?"

Mumbles dark power blasted half of the audience. They were destroyed, but soon replaced by some clowns from Iboic.

"AM. I. NOT. MERCIFUL?!"

With that, Nilbog was banished from the Dark Carnival. To the plane of the mortals.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Lukica the Inheritor - 6 AP

The inventor mused from her worktable, thinking thinking...."It is a waiting game, to a degree. To fight my foes...am I alone in it? Surely not...so many have been struck down by their intervention. Yet so many refuse to cooperate, some choose to sleep, to seal themselves away? Am I forced to sleep soon?" She raises her head, "Not just yet..."

Four of her messengers roll up to her, already knowing what to do. With her back still turned to them, she folds her hands together, and says a single word "Go."

Medea, Roberts, Gallat....and Iura too, why not?

At an appropriate time when each of you are alone, a kettlebot pops into the plane with a 'clank' noise, and begins flapping it's fliptop head. "Hail Lukica! The great Inheritor brings a message!

We are suffering, all of us. The dark ones bring pain and pestilence into our world, some have suffered all but the complete desolation of our races, and yet we sit and wait. We must band together and fight our menaces! Though we may war amongst our people, we do not wield our deific powers so recklessly as they do. Unite with me, strengthen your spirits. Fight for your people, we will be lost if we do not act, and not one of us will survive. You must act."

With that the small bot disappears in a nuts-and-bolts Poof!
    Last edited by zerombr; 2009-05-03 at 11:39 AM.
    Zero: Out on the town, lookin for a bad time...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Roberts was continuing his training. At this point He was in the middle of his heavy-boulder lifting routine when a significant amount of weight was added to it, along with a loud clank. He tried to set down the boulder in as controlled a manner as possible, but you can imagine how well that went.

Quote Originally Posted by zerombr View Post
    Medea, Roberts, Gallat....and Iura too, why not?

At an appropriate time when each of you are alone, a kettlebot pops into the plane with a 'clank' noise, and begins flapping it's fliptop head. "Hail Lukica! The great Inheritor brings a message!

We are suffering, all of us. The dark ones bring pain and pestilence into our world, some have suffered all but the complete desolation of our races, and yet we sit and wait. We must band together and fight our menaces! Though we may war amongst our people, we do not wield our deific powers so recklessly as they do. Unite with me, strengthen your spirits. Fight for your people, we will be lost if we do not act, and not one of us will survive. You must act."

With that the small bot disappears in a nuts-and-bolts Poof!
    He was right of course. Roberts had heard strange tales about the Dark Carnival having been spotted in the Mortal Realm, though he had not found any trace of them.

Roberts raised a hand. A watery elemental sloshed into being in front of him. He told the elemental it's message and then sent it off to deliver the message.

With a slosh and a spray of ocean foam it appeared before Lucika, likewise waiting until he was alone. In a gargling watery voice it bubbled out it's message.

"You are Right. The Chaos grows stronger, despite our imprisionment of the Dark Jester. What would you have us do? Band together and destroy the Dark Carnival err it becomes even more of a threat? Create a Deific sanction warding the Material Planes against the forces of evil? We need more than a plan. It'll take a banding together of far more than you and me if we are to defeat the Mad One.

Nevertheless, in Whatever ways I can help, I will strive to do so. Our followers can only take so much Chaos. They are not strong to the stuff as we are. My advice, call on all the Gods. Rouse not only all who have been directly hurt or had thier followers killed by the Dark One, but even those who try to avoid all dealing with mortals such as the Judge. The more we have, the stronger we will be. Every Pirate knows the secret to raiding a city with certanty is to have more Pirates than the city has defenders. If we are to take out the dark Carnival, we will need to be able to match them God for God. Power for Power. Anything less, and we brook likely failure."
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tialait View Post
    With that, Nilbog was banished from the Dark Carnival. To the plane of the mortals.
    However due to his nature, Nilbog was repelled from entering the mortal plane. That did not bother him at all... what bothered him was how Mumbles kicked him out.

"DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT! I'm going to get that Mumbles if it's the last thing I do!"

Rubbing his chin Nilbog considers the situation

"But how?.... I know!"

A little while later outside the main entrance to the Dark Carnival

From a distance, Nilbog looks at the line of spectators waiting to buy a ticket to watch the show. Nilbog's plan was to stroll in as a customer, thus gaining access to the Dark Carnival. Of course there was a small problem with his plan... he had no money... oh sure he could have just flicked his fingers and he would have money in hand... but...

"I'll be damned if I even pay dirt to that scumbag Mumbles!"

No... Nilbog would have to sneak in.

The first attempt consisted of Nilbog casually strolling through the entrance, in hope that the ticket collector wouldn't notice him... of course being less than a meter tall would have helped, but his stench gave him away, and so, Nilbog was literally given the boot by the Clown Patrol, and Nilbog landing a distance away, head first in the ground.

Drumming his fingers on the ground Nilbog ponders his next move and decides that he will go for a more sneaky approach.

His second attempt at entering the carnival, was far more cleverer than the first. Everyone stops and stares as they see a tiny little green creature strutting their way. More peculiar was his attire, a monocle on his right eye minus the lens, a top hat on his head, an overgrown moustache still dripping with glue that seemed to have sprouted under his deformed nose, wearing a fancy tuxedo and with a walking cane on his right hand, as he talked mostly to himself as he tried to give off an air of luxury

"Hmmmm 'pon my word Bogsworth really! Ya really! Spot on! Don't you know? Oh ratha! Simply splenda! Hmmm yes you can't beat wood... gooooorrrnnnn! Oh will you let me in ol' chap? There's a good .... erm... chappy chap chap... chap...!"

Naturally the guard clowns didn't fall for it, and Nilbog was once again ceremoniously thrown away again. But he wasn't going to stop now.

A little while later a clown delivers a box to Mumbles. It reeked badly and was squirming. Upon opening it, an ugly little green creature is revealed to have have crammed himself horribly into the box.

"I'M BACK!"
    yells Nilbog as he jumps out of the box, and ripping the moustache off his face, jumps and slaps it on Mumbles forehead, making it look like he has extremely bushy eyebrows. Before Mumbles can react, Nilbog was running way, his voice fading away can be heard screeching

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiii iiiiiiiaaaahhhhh!"

Nilbog's revenge was complete....
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mumbles Dark Carnival

Ew. Mutant Clown. If that silly pirate wasn't bad enough, now there was this Lady of Vermin, and this....smelly creature.

What had Mumbles ever done to anyone to deserve this? He was the sweetest, most honest God of all...yeah he wasn't going to even kid himself. He deserved this. It's just...why now? In his weakened condition he couldn't even destroy the creature. He would have to deal with it. The thing was going to annoy the crap out of him.

"Wasn't that my job?"

Mumbles rolled his figurative eyes. Figurative, because as we all know, Blots of darkness don't have eyes.

"I kicked you out...creature. You were banished...don't you understand that? Do I need to have Battery beat it into you? What must I do? You are not fit to be an Avatar of Joy..."

The Blot known as the Dark Jester had an Idea.

"Perhaps, you would like to prove you are a GREATER Avatar of Joy then the great IBoIC...if you can. I'll step down as Ring Master and allow you to take over."

The Blot started to snicker, giggle, gaffa, and other forms of laughter.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

In the meanwhile, Nilbog had gone hiding inside the animal's drinking bucket. Not that hiding would have done him any good, what this being Mumble's domain and all.

But it seemed that Mumbles had finally given him the opportunity that was never given as Skreechy the Clown was now given to him as Nilbog! His plan was working!

"OK! I THE GREAT NILBOG SHALL TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE! PREPARE TO BE FORCEFULLY RETIRED!"

"Finally! Each time I would try to bring my brand of funny to the carnival, the only sound I would hear is that of a cricket!"

A while later

"LADIES AND GENTLEPEOPLE! I NILBOG SHALL PRESENT TO YOU A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME SPECTACLE! STEP RIGHT UP AND ENJOY THE INSANITY! NO MORE WILL YOU NEED TO LAUGH AT CLOWNS... NOT WHEN YOU HAVE... MY BOYS!"

As the curtains open, the earth starts to tremble and a dreadful noise is heard throughout the dark carnival as what sounds like a stampede comes closer and closer, until thousands of thousands of ugly little screaming creatures, pour out into the circus, all screaming in their annoying voices.

Since the creatures had little to do, it wasn't long before they left from the ring, and started hopping into the spectator's stand, and interacting with them, at first picking their noses and displaying their boogers, making rude burping noise, making tunes with their flatulance, and then they proceed to run amok, as the thousands of goblins are wipped up to a frenzy.

(AP4= 6-2 create race: Goblins
    AP2= 4-2 Bless them twice creating a lot of them
    AP1- 2-1 Teach Concept- Pack Mentality)

Irony? Nilbog was still shorter than any Goblin he had created...

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Laughter was heard.

"You are....What are these?"

A clown whispers into his ear.

"Goblins?"

Picking one up and smashing it in some divine power Mumbles snickers.

"I LOVE GOBLINS....they make that popping noise when they die...but not funny."

Mumbles giggled.

"FAIL!"

A great flushing noise was heard and the Goblins vanished...spread throughout the world. Yaay! The material realm was now covered in wonderful popping creatures.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nilbog was left on the stand, his arms still raised high... and his chance gone... once again there was the sound of crickets as the whole carnival was now staring at him.

"Well..." says Nilbog slowly lowering his hands "... at times like this, that a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...*ahem*"

"OH PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!" He hollers while falling to his knees infront of Mumbles

"I DON"T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME! I LOVED BEING A CLOWN! HONESTLY! BRING THE ELEPHANT! I LOVED BEING SAT ON! IT'S NOT MY FAULT REALLY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY WHAT I SAID! I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME! SOMEONE MUST HAVE BEEN CONTROLLED MY MIND! MY FRAGILE LITTLE MIND WAS CONTROLLED BY SOMEONE! ... WHY YES! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! ONE OF YOUR ENEMIES WARPED ME TO TURN ME AGAINST YOU! ONE OF YOUR ENEMIES... LIKE THAT PIRATE ROBERT! IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIM! WE ALL NOW HOW HE HATES YOU!"

IN the meanwhile a small puddle of urine was starting to wet Mumble's shoes as Nilbog continued to cower.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Nilbog was left on the stand, his arms still raised high... and his chance gone... once again there was the sound of crickets as the whole carnival was now staring at him.

"Well..." says Nilbog slowly lowering his hands "... at times like this, that a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...*ahem*"

"OH PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!" He hollers while falling to his knees infront of Mumbles

"I DON"T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME! I LOVED BEING A CLOWN! HONESTLY! BRING THE ELEPHANT! I LOVED BEING SAT ON! IT'S NOT MY FAULT REALLY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO SAY WHAT I SAID! I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME! SOMEONE MUST HAVE BEEN CONTROLLED MY MIND! MY FRAGILE LITTLE MIND WAS CONTROLLED BY SOMEONE! ... WHY YES! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! ONE OF YOUR ENEMIES WARPED ME TO TURN ME AGAINST YOU! ONE OF YOUR ENEMIES... LIKE THAT PIRATE ROBERT! IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN HIM! WE ALL NOW HOW HE HATES YOU!"

IN the meanwhile a small puddle of urine was starting to wet Mumble's shoes as Nilbog continued to cower.

Mumbles smiles.

"Wait, your right, it's Roberts...Roberts did it all. And you are funny!"

Mumbles places the IBoIC in Nilbog's hands, it soons explodes sending the poor small creature backwards.

All of the clowns were exploding. The avatars of joy were dieing! Assault and Battery began to melt.

Mumbles stopped smiling, he stopped snickering.

"You are the King of the Carnival now. Your funnier then I'll ever be."

And with that Mumbles faded from existence.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

from the etheral plane wiladenia gazed in digust at the calamity unfolding within the dark carnival. No! it cannot be! Mumbles can't have gone away! she mourned the loss of the great maniacal jester. In honor of her father-of-sorts wiladenia streched forth her hand and using the sludge from a river, dappled fur of a small fluffy animal that goes splat, and bones of a bird. she gathered all these things together applied a great pressure and then released a plague of vermin upon the small planet which she named

"Rats. My children Go forth, multiply, inherit the world. Reap disorder pain and distruction upon all you come across."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem with dwelling amongst the mortals for thousands of years is you start to see them, not as pawn and peices in a game, nor just as a favored race to be protected. You start to see them as individuals, and care about their individual natures, and day-to-day problems.

Given that, it was only a matter of time until Roberts was hit with an attack not even Gods are proof against. True Love.

Lucinda came to visit him often as he was excerising. Usually claiming she "happened to be in the area", though she seemed to have brought water for him suprisingly often if it WAS acidental. After they got passed the whole deity/subject thing, they had a few conversations and found out they had quite a bit in common. From there things progressed until Roberts was just as in love with her as she was with him.

The situation progressed much as you'd expect after that, and within 12 months of thier mutal "confession" of love, A beautiful baby demigoddess was brought into the world. Roberts was amused by this baby his power had wrought watched her carefully for signs of power.

"And what shall we call this baby? She is such a lovely daughter." Roberts asked.

Lucinda nodded, "Carmen. Her name will be Carmen."
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

From the age of 4, Carmen was a little Hellion. She had "found" a Red Trenchcoat somewhere and now she absolutely refused to be seen anywhere without it. And she HAD been seen, all over town. Usually only moments before people discovered they were missing something, probably something shiny as would catch a 4 year old's eye. Roberts had found it amusing at first, but her stunts were becoming more daring. He had tried reprimanding her, but she replied with...

"When I grow up, I'm going to be the world's BESTEST Thief! Bestest! In the WHOLE world!"

Roberts tried to be calm. "That's good honey, but you really shouldn't go around stealing stuff From the Kitsune in the city. They work hard for that stuff."

Carmen threw her hand up, and pointed imperiously at her father. "But I am CARMEN SANDIAGO!! WOOSH!"

Roberts blinked. Carmen was gone!

"Arrgh Matee!! Belay that, fer I be a Piratey theif!!"

Roberts whirled around to see her behind him. She was waving two cutlasses around and acting goofy. His hands went to his scabbards. They were empty. "Young Lady, did you just steal my swords?"

She nodded, then continued in her atrocious “Pretend Pirate” accent. “Yar! A’Corse I did! Fer I Be de bessest thief eva!! I can steal swords from me Gods!!”

Roberts did his best to look stern even though he thought it was so cute. “Well return them at once you dirty land lubber, or I’ll Keelhaul you, scrape off the Barnacles on the bottom of the ship with you, and then make you walk the plank!!”

Carmen giggled. “You’ll have to catch me first!” and off she ran.

“Hey!! Come back here with those! You could put your eye out!! Or someone else’s!!” Even if she was a half-Goddess who declared herself ‘the bestest thief in the world’, those swords were Divine. They would cut her or an innocent right up. So off Roberts went, in hot pursuit of the product of his power.

Spoiler
    Show
    3AP to create a 1DR demigoddess. 2AP to give her the Thieves portfolio. Carmen uses 2AP to give herself the Theif Domain.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes th thread with a stick*

Dead thread?