New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: A god am I

1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A god am I

Iura Ciel, Myalon
    The Lady frowned. This Valkir was clearly overstepping the limits of his domain when he refused to let her believer's souls enter the afterlife she had created for them. Not only that, he dared to try and oppose her will!
    He would soon rue the folly of his choice.

Iura was... surprised, to say the least, at the dark Jester's invitation; and even moreso at his interpretation of her actions. Surely her Law had brought Order to the world, manifest in the Lawful, and the purging War they undertook at the moment would bring the same Order to the other mortals as well. Order would succeed, and if it had to be enforced through the throes of Chaos - so be it.

Her response was swift and decisive. "I will consider your offer, Jester, Lord of Chaos and Madness. While I do not agree with you on many matters, and while I do not wish to increase the influence of Chaos in this world, I shall nonetheless think about an alliance. You have been scorned by Valkir all the same, and you possess enough power to be considered a valuable ally."

The Lady then turned her attention to the Material world once again. A strange unrest had spread through her believers, a hint of subtle fear coupled with outrageous rumors. Doubtlessly, the work of a deity opposed to her plans.

Was it Valkir? Perhaps, though such a direct course of action seemed unbefitting to the self-proclaimed Judge.

A closer look revealed a multitude of small devils in disguise among her people, spreading lies and false rumors, inciting fear, turning her believers against each other. Iura's anger flared up, and she immediately commanded Isochet, the custodian of Alexion to deal with this annoyance.

Her followers would NOT falter. They would not fall, and most certainly not by such a petty campaign of confusion.

Isochet Ceav Tahlan D'ur, Material Plane -Alexion-
    The silver dragon, ruler of Alexion, heard the Lady's order and reacted immediately. He commanded the troops left in Alexion to exterminate any imp they found, to disprove the false rumors and to reassure the citizens.

He himself utilized his powers as proxy to assist them in getting rid of this plague, and sent several battalions to aid the nearby townships in the same manner.

Isochet had been given a task: To guide and protect the Lawful while Claire conquered the Lawless. He would not fail his duty.

Claire ci Vallé, Material Plane -About 50 Miles from the Forest of Illusions-
    The First halted the army's march and went to investigate the sudden shift in attitude some soldiers portrayed. Formerly eager to fight, those soldiers now were hesitant, almost fearful - as if doubts and scepticism had gripped their minds. Claire quickly realized this as work of a Deity and acted appropriately. She commanded the Army to rest, and created a grand feast for her soldiers, especially for those that were affected by this unnatural fear. The goddess could not afford to let her army suffer from bad morale just before a battle.

Spoiler
    Show

Okay...
    First, none of my gods have AP left atm, so I can't do...much.
    Iura uses Alter Reality for Sending, once commanding Isochet, once replying to Mumbles.

Isochet and the reserve soldiers in Alexion(~60.000) go and kill imps in Alexion and the surrounding towns.

Claire uses Alter reality to emulate Heroes' Feast lots of times.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Ihta nods to herself, "Excellent, things progress...Would you care to send an envoy to our cities? The Federation endorses any sort of cultural acclimation and education, I believe we'd appreciate the chance to understand yours as well. As for the...pilfering, it is of little consequence in the Great Plan, although we could simply offer these things to you as payment for this woodland you have graciously allowed us to portion."
    Zero: Out on the town, lookin for a bad time...

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Sk'rk, with Ihta

As soon as Ihta uttered the word "payment" the Bandits swiftly disappeared into the trees along with the equipment, apparently anxious for any hint that they were able to depart.

Spoiler
    Show
    NOW the events that had been rewinded occur, although chronologically they don't completely resolve until after this exchange.

"Well...I suppose that takes care of that..." Sk'rk stated, looking at the fleeing Bandits, then turning back to Ihta, "I believe that an envoy would be a fine idea, and of course we will allow you the same courtesy."

Gallat

Noticing that Claire's army was nearing the forest, he decided to implement his plan for a little interference. The Dragons under Claire's command were formidiable foes to be sure, but they had one weakness. Gallat thought back to the time when he conversed with their, now elusive, creator. He remembered vividly the pride and arrogance he possessed and, although Iura managed to hide it through her Call, that same pride was ingrained into the Dragon's very being and could not be completely erased.

Slowly, and subtly so as not to arouse suspicion, Gallat implanted a suggestion into the minds of the great lizards. "The Law is great, to be sure, but why must we share it? Why must these lesser beings receive the same blessings as us?" These and other such questions were risen up to the forefront of the Dragon's thoughts, but it was a gradual process, and even at it's peak Gallat knew it would not be enough for the beasts to turn on their commrads, unless provoked, but it would be enough to insure division in the ranks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 1 of 7AP for cast spell on material plane from a DR6 god, though I'm not sure what that spell would be called (Mass Suggestion?)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Vor'Sathar Institution, Salthir Archipelago
    No one knew where they came from, not that any one thought about it much in the cosmopolitan cites of the Salthir Archipelago, they where here to learn and that was that. You got a lot of strange people here, even ones with two arms and two legs.

The new people, Igors, every one called them no one could tell you why where very good at surgery, in fact they had invented a new procedure that allowed the living to stay so much longer. Dead people and things didn't rot as often or as quickly in there presents, and even the most incompetent of beginners became much more skilled if they where friends with an Igor.

Spoiler
    Show

0ap= 2ap -2 (create race Igors and transplant surgery but I get away with that because the Igors came up with it not me)
    Last edited by kopout; 2009-04-21 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

As ships of deserting Arkun left for the Kitsune lands, other ships were coming in. Kitsune Warboats, armed with the best seige weapons they'd come up with, and manned by the first group of the volunteer fighters that wished to help the Arkun in their defense. Leading the floatilla was The Explorer retrofit to thier new standards, and captained by the cheif Paladin himself, Captain Ahad. Though somewhat older, he was still as enthusiastic as ever about coming to yet another glorious adventure.

Spoiler
    Show
    Couldn't let you face them alone. Especially when it comes to that whole "Loot the treasure" thing.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Lukica the Inheritor with 5 AP, at home

Watching her servants initiate friendly contact with the Arkun was bolstering to her thoughts, she repeats the phrase her litigious worshipper had said, "Things Progress...." As they wrapped up their meeting, and went their separate ways, She absently shifts the globe, looking at the armies on the move, the ship sailing across the great sea....

Something catches her interest aboard the ship, as her gaze picks up on the true nature of all things. Some of these races had divine abilities! She examined it closer, almost so close that she had almost changed planes to be upon them. This god...the rather humanesque god...Roberts, was it? had found a way to allow his people to act as a conduit. Novel...and ingenious.

She looks back to the south coast, where the ones made in her image banded...the humans. For a moment she considers the fact that herself and other gods had the same image as them, that perhaps it was a...protoform, a mold that was simply left basic. Another change catches her eye.

Yet another civilization emerges, yet this one seemed appealing to her, scholarly...surely the largest buildings there served the divine purpose of education. It dismays her even further as she discovers the creators of this wonder.

Lukica the Inheritor at the Vor'Sathar Institute

She appears before her brother and his aberration companion. "What is this?" She asks rhetorically, "A school of the bodily arts, and who do I see founding it?..." Lukica motions to Vorm, "Well done, I am quite pleased to see your interests pay off...This concept...seems unusual, I am interested to see how it plays out." She doesn't say anything to Salthar'thir at first, but it becomes as inevitable as Gatz that she asks the question to him, "You are not the Tainter I have seen, yet your form is so very similar. What business do you have here on my world?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Truth be said, Synads look like perfectly normal humans. They are just far more accomplished psionic beings (aka: Better than elans in most possible ways).

Salthar'thir

Salthar'thir pokes Lukica curiously.

Hello! Hello! What are these? Tools? Hehehehehe. You must be one of the deities of mechanisation the Warper thought of. You ask why I am here. You compare me to my sibling... Say we are similar? How so? Answers, answers... Let me answer. Yes, yes. We are similar, in that we are completely unlike anything else. Experiments, heralds, faces, that is what we are, children of the great Warper of Flesh. Beyond the scope of your unerstanding it is, both physically and psychologicaly, yes, yes. We are its hands in this world, like a thousand more are in a thousand others. Yes. Yes.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-04-21 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Ostochre

Ostochre looks about at all the gods in Valkirs hall, he would have sneered derisively at Iura, if he skin and lips with which to do so. Instead here merely spoke, breaking the silence. "This blindness wears thin on my patience. Forgive me Judge of Souls, I shall take my leave of your presence for it now includes hers" He indicates Iura, before stepping backwards in a door-shaped opening in space, which promptly closes behind him.

Back in a pocket of the void, the ethereal ocean which waits overhead all, Ostochre begins to craft a vast machine. For this machine he gathers mortal components from all over the world, the bodies of the dead, the tools of death such as swords and axes, he brings coffins and nooses and broken dead trees and everything to do with death and it's act. He begins fashioning and molding them, melting them to their base components or breaking them down, putting them into new places. Finally, for his last act, he takes all the hearts of all the creatures he had taken, and forged them all into one vast organ, which he placed at the machines center, and it began to beat and thrum with unholy energies, powering oil, black blood, and dark fluids through the machine.

Grinning his macabre grin, Ostochre opened the steel coffin to which the machines heart pumped it's unliving force, and stepped inside, connecting the vast humming machine to the base of his skull, the middle of his spine, his arms and his legs, and then closed the lid, blackness, the humming of the machine, and the beating of it's core his only companions as he soaked up the energies of his foul creation.

Chorsotok

Chorsotok looked down into the waiting army, and then at his small force of True Dead. He spoke to them "Come my children, let us see what all this is about" and with that he set off down to the army. He passed through the camps towards the most potent source of power, a divine being no doubt. His True Dead showed no fear at following him through what was obviously a field of their enemies, and for their part they strangely seemed to have no inclination to attack this strange silver apparition or his small band of followers. When he reached the location of the divine power source, Chorsotok bowed his head in light respect and said "Greetings, I am Chorsotok, The Prophet of Bone. Might I ask why it is you bring an army to the Arkun, an act which will surely interrupt my missionary work here?"

7AP=10AP-3AP(Create Artifact, The Heart, an AP battery)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-04-21 at 11:22 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kopout View Post
    Vor'Sathar Institution, Salthir Archipelago
    No one knew where they came from, not that any one thought about it much in the cosmopolitan cites of the Salthir Archipelago, they where here to learn and that was that. You got a lot of strange people here, even ones with two arms and two legs.

The new people, Igors, every one called them no one could tell you why where very good at surgery, in fact they had invented a new procedure that allowed the living to stay so much longer. Dead people and things didn't rot as often or as quickly in there presents, and even the most incompetent of beginners became much more skilled if they where friends with an Igor.

Spoiler
    Show

0ap= 2ap -2 (create race Igors and transplant surgery but I get away with that because the Igors came up with it not me)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Igors ehh... Maybe we could get some as ship surgeons?? Althought with Clerics, a few CLWs are just as good I guess.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Lukica the Inheritor with Vorm and Salthir
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently i need to pay AP to the forum god to stop eating my posts

She looks at Salthir, puzzled, before venturing a guess, "Did a strange jester visit you recently?" She adds, "I am elder than your Warper, do not presume my ignorance to these things." She gestures to the Igors, "I was curious to this new race..." She looks at one of them, focusing on him, analyzing him further by examining his true nature, if but the surface of it. She says thoughtfully, "The addition of monstrous appendages to the more civilized races...a momentary usage, unless it's capable of being passed on in the bloodline..."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Salthar'thir, the Shaper.

No jesters, no, no. No clowns either, I have seen none with my own very eyes, but many in the dreams of the Warper, yes, yes. - Mumbles or no Mumbles, Sal'thar'thir is quite mad, funny and friendly, but still a cloudcuckoolander.

And you can be old, old, old, older than me even, in infinite ways. But the Warper is old in ways that you could not understand, it is older than future. Yes, yes. It spawns infinite existances, and it is formed of endless improbabilities, yes, yes. Infinite impossibilities. Yes, yes. Indeed, of course.

Suddenly, Salthar'thir starts to glow, while a similar white light comes from the south, from far, far away, from Illazan.

Blessings of the father!... Mother... Whatever. Blessings! For me and my brother... Sister. Sibling! Indeed! Bask in it!

Spoiler
    Show
    7-6 AP: Evolve Illazan and Salthar'thir.
    1 AP remains.

After the light dies away, Salthar'thir proceeds to adress The rest of Lukica's concerns.

Pass on? No, no. It does not. To change a life in such a through way is no simple feat. Grafting, grafting is the art I give mortals! Art I say! And what is art if it is not unique. No, no. What is the point, if it passes on, identical, free of possibility of mistake, no, no. Bound for the knowledge to fade, no, no. I say!
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-04-22 at 11:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Lukica the Inheritor with 4 AP + 4 AP + 1 FP
    with Vorm and Salthar

She finds the new god's words somewhat perceptive, taking a stance to reflect her more focused attention upon him, her arms crossed.
    "Why would you allow any enhancement to fade willingly? Knowledge especially is to be preserved and taught to the next generation, so they may accomplish more than those before them. If these ones could inherit the changes made to their predecessors, they would have already accomplished a level of adaptation. What you have....is temporary, and forgettable, but...as I have said, interesting enough. I suppose I shall see in a while how much the changes affect those that live here."

Gatz the Inevitable 2 AP + 1 AP

The bot seems to be in a rather effacious mood, swaying side to side, humming in a staticy voice some tune he had heard once. "IT IS EXEMPLARY THAT THE ARKUN HAVE DEEMED FIT TO TRADE AMBASSADORS. SUCH A CORRELATION OF CROSS-CULTURE THEMES IS BOUND TO BIND THE RACES TOGETHER. HAVE YOU DECIDED UPON WHO WILL REPRESENT OUR CULTURE IN THIS EXCHANGE?"
    Ihta, weary of his incessant chattering, climbs out of the carriage, thankful to be on solid earth again, simply looks up to him.
    "ME? WELL, IF YOU INSIST...I'D BETTER CLEAN UP." The mechanized godling's armor plates extend outward, then flip about, as several adjustments are made to him from internal levers and gears, steam pours out of him for a moment. He looks remarkably similar to his previous form, "THERE, ALL BETTER."

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to denote last week the actual transfer of 1 ap from Lukica to gatz, it's been subtracted, and Gatz uses 3 AP to Evolve Physically

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Salthar'thir

Not everyone wants a heart made by the Silthilar, not everyone wants their bones and not everyone wants their hide. Fewer yet wish for the grafts of my sibling's creations, those that roam the sea and the sky, yes, yes.

Grafts are temporary things, yes. They are made by mortals, yes. With their owner's demise, they die, yes. To made then anything greater would put this art beyond the scope of what mortals can do. Or it could be a risk, yes. A great risk. The genome, it is our instinct to dabble with it, yes. But to a mortal, these infinite facets of life are as unknoable as the will of the Warper is to you, yes, yes. As such, I gave then this art, you mistake it for the art to make life, but in truth, it is the art to forge a sword, with bone and flesh, yes. Flesh is greater than gold, yes, bone is stronger than steel, yes.

Miriad of tiny beings crawled out of Salthar'thir's flesh, and far away, the same happened with Illazan.

Gifts from the Warper, yes, yes!
    Gifts from the Warper, it is pleased!

And so, symbionts appeared. Tiny wormlike beings, maleable to skilled hands and mind,s innately able to alter themselves in order to become things their potential hosts would desire.

Spoiler
    Show
    14 AP enter.
    -2 AP: Spawn Race: Mother Symbionts.
    -1 AP: Teach populace: Alter Symbionts.
    11 AP leave.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Verzen

Seeing his swarm spreading across the continent, Verzen smiled smugly to himself. It was a truly magnificent return. He looked at the faces of every member of Iura's army. Despite the blow to the brunt of their army, the cut off trade routes and other incoveniences he had caused, their morale didn't waver. Their goddess must have a tight hold on all of her soldiers. But like every bond, it may be broken. If she works on the inside, then I too shall work on the inside. I will choose several among them to be followers of my art, and I will draw them to do my bidding. I will break the bond.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP Teach Populace: Members of Iura's flock are led astray and become Warlocks, wielders of fell magic. They work in secret, blending in with the other populace.

1 AP remaining.
    Formerly known as Manthus.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mumbles

Snickering Mumbles looked at the other Gods...so weak. And from the Dark Carnival Mumble's Vanished.

Mumbles showed up before Lukica.

"Hiya! Have you had a break today?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Lukica the Inheritor 9 AP with Vorm, Salthir, and Mumbles

She visibly startles as the Dark Jester appears, "Yahh!" It takes her a moment to regain herself, and it's obvious that losing her cool demeanor ...especially in front of the other gods was grating on her. "I should have known you would have your say in this." She points a hand accusatory at Mumbles, "Foul cretin, I will not tolerate your inanity here, while science and progress is written."
    Wordlessly a box appears beside the Inheritor, with a nice big bow on it. She raises an eyebrow towards Mumbles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inside the box is another box, then another and another and another, then inside that is a 12d6 explosive
    Last edited by zerombr; 2009-04-24 at 01:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257

Valkir, a mistake was made

"There has been error!" The god said to himself "I will right it" . So the god of justice did true justice. Those who were good and prayed to Iura were sent to her heaven for them. All who were sent elsewhere were immediately sent to her heaven. Only those who commited atrocities were sent away to hells. "That should do it" .
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: So you're giving up on the whole "upset that they are taking over your job" thing?

19. - Top - End - #259

Spoiler
    Show
    No, I just made the mistake of including her good followers. Bad followers are still going where I think they'll suffer the most.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mumbles

If a blot of darkness would grin...Mumbles would be the blot.

"Alright, Lukica explosives....how...repetitive. You really need to learn new tricks. Here, I'll show you how to be....creative!"

Mumbles' darkness spread over the world, snickering was heard over the whole of the world. The Iboic opened in full and millions upon millions filled the world. The World itself was nothing, a dark nothing.

Assault and Battery left the dark carnival to find the Kitsune. However, neither defended anything, lobbing creatures back and forth, from time to time one of them would drop a Kitsune. This would make a nice smear upon the ground.

Chaos was released upon the world, Mumbles laughed.

(Mumbles has 5 AP, he spends 1 to Shape Land, The Dark Laughter)

Forest of Illusions, A group clowns

The group of clowns walked up to a group of Arkun. They snickered as one spoke.

"COME ONE, COME ALL! SEE THE TRICK OF A THE CENTURY!"

A single Arkun walked over to the announcing clown. The clown's almost overly friendly eyes darted to the creature.

"We have a volunteer!"

And with that he snapped his finger catching the poor creature aflame. The creature ran over to the others and soon the group were flaming. The flaming group hugged trees. The clowns laughed at the misery. One by one the Arkun of the forest burst into flame. The forest was destroyed in a little under an hour.

(Iboic has 3 AP, he spends 1 Curse Arkun with flaming touch, if they touch a green plant they burst into flames. 1 AP to shape land, Charred Forest, and 1 AP to Curse the Illusion to make it seems as if the forest itself is what is attacking the Arkun....did I mention I love my job?)

The Ocean, Assault

Assault had wondered off from Battery. That might give the Kitsune from the ports a bit of a break, but the ocean becomes a dark and forbidding place.

Assault decided that the ocean needed more....combat. Holding his great angelic hands out he brings a pillar of water up. The water fell down quickly, however not before some creatures poured out of it.

First, a Long serpentine creatures flowed out of it. The creature's mouth bellowed out tempest winds and lightning when it opened it. The creature had what seemed like a set of wings on it's side but they had skin connecting them to the rest of the body.

These would be known as Sea Dragons.

Second, a creature bellowed out, bringing a great splash. The water around it creating several tidus that could sink great ships with little problems. This bulbous creature had a great maw able to engulf five or six ships all at once.

These would be soon known as the Great Whale.

Finally, the horrors would end, with the last great monster. The worst of the three. It measured as long as the ocean itself. Long arms stretched out from it's body. The arms searched for food. It's giant eye sealed shut. The only saving grace against such a horror. It's first action as it's great arms searched the oceans was to grab a Great Whale and pull it into it's center. The Great Whale was no more...eaten by this monster.

This..creature would be known as the Horror of the Sea.

Assault was happy. He had wrestling buddies. And not Battery...speaking of Battery.

(Assault has 2 AP, he spends them on Create Populous: 3 Monsters, Great Whale, Horror of the Sea, Sea Dragons)

Ariel, Battery

Battery heard the lovely song of the Songtouched, he was touched. He wanted to smash it. But, How?

Battery was not the smartest God in the cosmos, but he did know that if you beat something it dies. And if you have a good song it has a beat!

"I know!"

Battery reached one of his monstrous hands out, gripping the air. The song in the air started to gain a dark tone, a heavy beat. Slowly the Songtouched started to explode. One, by one. Battery now blood splattered giggled with sadistic glee.

(Battery had 3 AP, Curse X2 Musical Beat Any Songtouch that hears and music starts to enhance the music with themselves till the beat makes their head explode. 2 AP)

Mumbles

"Lukica, if you do not..heheh..stop being so bland each divine week I will release more and more Chaos unto the world. All you have to do to stop me...is..."

A drum roll was heard.

"Kill the Valkir"

Mumbles hung in the air, his power was glowing around him. A box floating inside of him.

"An answer?"
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2009-04-26 at 05:44 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Medea, Ariel

The goddess had been crying for some time. It was partly the shock - half a populace annihilated in such a horrible manner.

It had been even worse for the Arkun, who were left on the brink of extinction. There had been a few songtouched who had marched towards the forest of the Arkun. Most of them were dead due to the curse.

Even the forest they had been moving to protect was itself gone. There was nothing left worth fighting over, nothing that could be salvaged. Nothing that could be saved.

Even so, she could always offer hope, if nothing else.

A gentle - albeit rather salty - rain fell all around the world, infusing the soil itself with the essence of the plane of dreams, and increasing its influence on the mortal mind.

Aggression and anger seemed to seep from the world - those who had been incited to war awoke from their sleep having seemingly undergone an epiphany. Nobody among the armies of the world was still prepared to fight, and a mysterious curse seemed to strike down any mortal who still prepared for war or conquest.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 AP: create Manifest Zone: the Plane of Dreams. Yes, that's even more chaos in the material plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldgar View Post
    2 AP for Guide Populace(Lawful) to command them to go to War.
    2 AP + 1 from pantheon pool: Undo divine action. This war is over.

2 AP: Pestilence. The Curse of the Sundered Spirit. strikes down anyone who draws a blade in anger or prepares any art or craft of war.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Lukica the Inheritor 9 AP

With a long low sigh, she watches the chaos envelop her beloved world. "To kill the judge of the dead..." She absently looks at Mumbles, then to her offspring, Valkir. "This..." The Inheritor says, her fists clenching, "Is the first truly funny thing you have said to me, Fool."

Raising a hand to the air, light takes shape into her weapon, the Discovery. At this moment, upon the swarmed planet, a light bursts forth from the ground, as the Heart of the Planet is directed to the surface. "It's a fool's errand to order the world's own destiny!"

Visible from space, the circular beam of the Planet's Heart cuts into the Dark Laugher. In the back of her mind, she considers the possibility of the Heart being unable to alter these drones, for she had sensed they were part people/part planet.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't find the written down stats for the Heart, but I know it was decided (as a 6 AP artifact jointly made) that it generally provides a Nourish Populace to the world, but can also Nourish Land. I'm feeling rather awkward that I cannot find it, since it looks like I'm making this up right at the moment, so if it's an issue, it'll just be my own AP being used with the Heart as a conduit. LMK if there's an issue

The blinding light, tapping into her own personal plane that sparked life on the world itself, floods the dark masses. The great artifact has many uses, and has a great strength, yet it can only do so much, for it cannot kill, and destroy. No, that is not its purpose, however it *can* break these souls free from the chains of insanity, clearing their minds, leaving them...mentally cleansed, amnesiac. Silence fell across the world that felt the aftermath of the Heart's power as it made its way across the planet, mopping up this mess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure while IBOIC can just make more and more clowns, this will lower the overall use of creating more, of course eventually, there'll just be millions of brainless dying clowns on the planet, since I imagine they don't have much of a personality aside from the insanity. The Heart uses Nourish Populace to remove mass insanity from the Dark Laughter, or Nourish Land if it's really considered a landmass.

She hefts the Discovery upon her shoulder, and gestures to Mumbles, "You will be brought forth to knell and be tamed. Now!" She had never felt such rage, such a need for vengeance, she could hear the voices upon the planet as they cried in anguish and madness. It was unbearable, making her falter. She kept the pain inside her and it flared within her spirit, imbuing her with the strength to soldier onward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lukica has done 3 divine actions again, and becomes DR5

"NO MORE!" She cries out, "I will not let you continue this quest of senselessness!" With hammer gripped tight, she moves to engage in Divine Combat. "Here is your answer!" She swings the lucerene hammer at the blub that he is with righteous fury.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Objective: Weaken the god of Madness, seal up his strength and hopefully banish him to somewhere in New Jersey.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by zerombr View Post
    Lukica the Inheritor 9 AP

With a long low sigh, she watches the chaos envelop her beloved world. "To kill the judge of the dead..." She absently looks at Mumbles, then to her offspring, Valkir. "This..." The Inheritor says, her fists clenching, "Is the first truly funny thing you have said to me, Fool."

Raising a hand to the air, light takes shape into her weapon, the Discovery. At this moment, upon the swarmed planet, a light bursts forth from the ground, as the Heart of the Planet is directed to the surface. "It's a fool's errand to order the world's own destiny!"

Visible from space, the circular beam of the Planet's Heart cuts into the Dark Laugher. In the back of her mind, she considers the possibility of the Heart being unable to alter these drones, for she had sensed they were part people/part planet.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't find the written down stats for the Heart, but I know it was decided (as a 6 AP artifact jointly made) that it generally provides a Nourish Populace to the world, but can also Nourish Land. I'm feeling rather awkward that I cannot find it, since it looks like I'm making this up right at the moment, so if it's an issue, it'll just be my own AP being used with the Heart as a conduit. LMK if there's an issue

The blinding light, tapping into her own personal plane that sparked life on the world itself, floods the dark masses. The great artifact has many uses, and has a great strength, yet it can only do so much, for it cannot kill, and destroy. No, that is not its purpose, however it *can* break these souls free from the chains of insanity, clearing their minds, leaving them...mentally cleansed, amnesiac. Silence fell across the world that felt the aftermath of the Heart's power as it made its way across the planet, mopping up this mess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure while IBOIC can just make more and more clowns, this will lower the overall use of creating more, of course eventually, there'll just be millions of brainless dying clowns on the planet, since I imagine they don't have much of a personality aside from the insanity. The Heart uses Nourish Populace to remove mass insanity from the Dark Laughter, or Nourish Land if it's really considered a landmass.

She hefts the Discovery upon her shoulder, and gestures to Mumbles, "You will be brought forth to knell and be tamed. Now!" She had never felt such rage, such a need for vengeance, she could hear the voices upon the planet as they cried in anguish and madness. It was unbearable, making her falter. She kept the pain inside her and it flared within her spirit, imbuing her with the strength to soldier onward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lukica has done 3 divine actions again, and becomes DR5

"NO MORE!" She cries out, "I will not let you continue this quest of senselessness!" With hammer gripped tight, she moves to engage in Divine Combat. "Here is your answer!" She swings the lucerene hammer at the blub that he is with righteous fury.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Objective: Weaken the god of Madness, seal up his strength and hopefully banish him to somewhere in New Jersey.
    The laughter echoed over Lukica. Mumbles, the Dark Jester was going to enjoy this.

" We will never die alone."

The power of the box empowered Mumbles giving him the form of a dark clown. Long arms wrapping around Lukica. The powerful God's giggles seemed darker and more aggressive.

"Brotherhood will carry on!"

The Voice of the clown smirked. Lukica's attack utterly destroyed the clownish form. The dark clown reappeared.

"Raise your power if you must."

Two beams of divine might empowered the dark cloud. Wrapping around Lukica.

"Each and every one of us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, with the divine combat already started by Lukica I don't have to spend anything on it.

This is a little complex so i'll do it in steps.

1. Mumbles is DR 6.
    2. Iboic is DR 1. He gains a AP from the Pantheon to 'Oppose other Gods' He uses it to Aid Another on Mumbles. This gives him a +1 Bonus, bringing him up to 7.
    3. Battery is DR 1. He uses the 1 AP he has left over to Aid Mumbles. This gives a +1 bonus, bringing Mumbles up to 8.
    4. Assault is DR 1. He gains a AP from the Pantheon to 'Oppose other Gods' He uses it to Aid another on Mumbles. This gives Mumbles a +1 Bonus, bringing him up to 8.
    5. Finally, Mumbles spends 3 to Gain Divine Rank. This changes his base from DR 6 to DR 7.

Mumbles has a Divine Combat score at this point of 9.
    Lukica has a Divine Combat score of 5.

This is just using DR, as I always hated the 'class levels matter' stuff. Jesters are Full-Casters in that case. And that allows him to add a Plus 20 to it for 'Going Nova'.

(1D6)[3] That is what I rolled. If it's a 5 or higher Mumbles wins. And Lukica will loose a DR. Lukica still has to roll.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    SO are Assault and Battery both all tapped out?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, infact Mumbles has 1 AP left for the week. >.> I guess you could go around destroying my stuff. But why would you go do that? Battery isn't even messing with you. You want to go after Assault if anything.

Then again, do you really want to deal with a Mumbles when you harm his child? I mean that is what the Twins are..his kids. Mumbles is pretty scary.

Also, I don't really attack anyone. Unless they attack me first >.>
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2009-04-27 at 12:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tialait View Post
    The Ocean, Assault

Assault had wondered off from Battery. That might give the Kitsune from the ports a bit of a break, but the ocean becomes a dark and forbidding place.

Assault decided that the ocean needed more....combat. Holding his great angelic hands out he brings a pillar of water up. The water fell down quickly, however not before some creatures poured out of it.

First, a Long serpentine creatures flowed out of it. The creature's mouth bellowed out tempest winds and lightning when it opened it. The creature had what seemed like a set of wings on it's side but they had skin connecting them to the rest of the body.

These would be known as Sea Dragons.

Second, a creature bellowed out, bringing a great splash. The water around it creating several tidus that could sink great ships with little problems. This bulbous creature had a great maw able to engulf five or six ships all at once.

These would be soon known as the Great Whale.

Finally, the horrors would end, with the last great monster. The worst of the three. It measured as long as the ocean itself. Long arms stretched out from it's body. The arms searched for food. It's giant eye sealed shut. The only saving grace against such a horror. It's first action as it's great arms searched the oceans was to grab a Great Whale and pull it into it's center. The Great Whale was no more...eaten by this monster.

This..creature would be known as the Horror of the Sea.

Assault was happy. He had wrestling buddies. And not Battery...speaking of Battery.

(Assault has 2 AP, he spends them on Create Populous: 3 Monsters, Great Whale, Horror of the Sea, Sea Dragons)
    Roberts was seriously getting annoyed. Once more the minons of Mumbles had assualted his soverigntry. And right after that bit with the Carnival tent!! And NOW, Now that braindead Scion of Madness had unleashed monsters far beyond his extremely limited understanding!

He fealt the Mavolence coming off the Sea Horror. And So could the Sleeping One! It, awakened by the threat to his people and the sea was getting ready to fight the invader to the deep. And Roberts wasn't entirly sure who would win. Enough was enough! He would Demand that Mumbles control his Scions and leave him and his alone. If Mubbles couldn't or wouldn't control them, well... Pirates had a great many ways of dealing with opponents...

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tialait View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, infact Mumbles has 1 AP left for the week. >.> I guess you could go around destroying my stuff. But why would you go do that? Battery isn't even messing with you. You want to go after Assault if anything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Battery was last week IIRC.

But the other point would be that if Assault Battery have no AP, they can't directly help anything else that might befall...

Spoiler
    Show
    Then again, do you really want to deal with a Mumbles when you harm his child? I mean that is what the Twins are..his kids. Mumbles is pretty scary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And the Kitsune were mine. And a good deal of the Arkun were adopted into the Family.

And yet you still try to turn them into your evil clowns, or feed them to Sea dragons, or wreck their ships with sudden holes in the middle of the sea...

Besides, Mumbles can only be so scary to so many people at once...

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I don't really attack anyone. Unless they attack me first >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... And what were the Arkun doing to you, that you would torture them so??
    Last edited by The MunchKING; 2009-04-27 at 01:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey! Mumbles is insane...he doesn't think he's done anything beyond bring joy..till now. Because he was bored with stuff.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for not posting the last few days. I had lots of RL things to take care of.

Speaking of RL issues, I most likely won't be able to post during 30.4.09 - 4.5.09, because I won't have internet access during this time.

Claire ci Vallé, Material Plane -on the Outskirts of the Forest of Illusions
    She had waited too long. Announcing her conquest in advance had proven to be a mistake - giving the opposing gods enough time to prepare their defenses and even forcibly compel her very own soldiers to lay down their arms.

The First knew that she could not gain anything by renewing the Call to War, at least not at this time.

However, the conflict had quickly spread -even extending to the gods themselves. Claire had wanted to keep this matter to the mortals, but the present situation left her no choice.

"Soldiers - it seems that our mission has come to an end. Divine powers beyond mine have taken this struggle to the very heavens, and your abilities cannot hope to match the forces at work here.

Return to your homes, and guard them well -prepare for the upcoming chaos that will ravage this world. If I cannot convince the Lawless of Order, I shall at least prevent them from tainting my chosen people with their incessant lies."

Somewhat disappointed, the army turned and marched back towards Alexion. The demi-goddess took note of some that radiated arcane power, unlike the Lady's Gift yet similar to it all the same.

These...warlocks would have to be watched carefully to prevent them from causing any disorder within the lawful Lands.

Iura Ciel, Myalon
    Iura focused, and rose in Rank yet again - she needed power for her plans, and trying to take souls from both Valkir's and Medea's watch would require certain finesse.

The Jester's offer would grant her an considerable ally; but the very thought of allying herself with Chaos made her feel sick and disgusted.
    Nonetheless, she could not afford to disregard this opportunity, not at this time.

The Lady sent a ball of brilliant energy to Mumbles and warded Myalon against anyone but those authorized by herself - Noone should ever dare to tarnish the sanctuary she had created for the souls of her chosen.

Myalon, the Plane that Lives
    The living plane had been given a specific task, and the self-appointed judge Valkir opposed it. Even though the blind judge had conceded some souls to Myalon, he still held a part of them captive - an insult impossible to bear.

Myalon moved close to the heavens and hells, opening countless portals within these planes - drawing the souls of Iura's believers away from these realms into itself.

Spoiler
    Show

Actions:

Iura has 6 AP. (3 from rollover, +3 from Faithpoints generated mostly by Claire)

She uses 3 AP to Raise Divine Rank(four actions to qualify: Create artifact(crown of leadership), create race(humans), Create Plane(Myalon), Create NPC god(Myalon)).

Iura is at DR 8 now.

She then uses 1 AP to Join Pantheon(Dark Carnival), and 2 AP to ]Lock Plane(Myalon). Now, anyone not authorized by Iura cannot enter Myalon, and you need at least DR 12 and a successful Rank Check to forcibly enter.

Final AP: 0/6

Claire pays 2 AP retroactively for the nourish on her army that some of you disliked. She then leads her army back to Alexion, recalls the divine rank from Isochet, and has 1 AP left.

Final AP: 1/5

Myalon plane shifts to a coexistent location of the heavens and hells, and uses 2 AP to Guide Populace(Believer's souls). The affected souls will enter Myalon.

Myalon then planeshifts back to a coexistent location of the Astral plane.

Final AP: 0/4

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

eek Re: A god am I

Spoiler
    Show
    alright I've got 20 casting levels too, so they balance out
    I have a DR of 5
    I also have a Panethon, which includes Iura and Vorm. Unfortunately Vorm is mostly idle, and Iura has her own thing going on, though Valkir could jump in here, iirc the rules. Is Gatz automatically part of my panethon? or does he pay as well?
    I figured I should roll on my own. I don't have time at this second to post my loss against you (probably) but I want this out of the way in case I'm doing something wrong

apparently I can't use the forum roller.
    Last edited by zerombr; 2009-04-27 at 09:21 AM.