New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    That's what she said. *Wink wink, nudge nudge*
    But she doesn't exist because women are a myth! Like Chicago!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    Humans reproduce through mitosis dividing. Dwarves don't pop up out of the ground, they reproduce through binary fission since they are inferior bacteria.
    Inferior! Oh, hmmmm, we are naturally tougher (both physically and mentally), stronger, we have a better grasp of construction, metalwork and exotic items, we also have a better grasp of military tactics. We can function economically better and militaristically better than you. We also have much longer lifespans.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

But she doesn't exist because women are a myth! Like Chicago!
    You mean Denver.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Inferior! Oh, hmmmm, we are naturally tougher (both physically and mentally), stronger, we have a better grasp of construction, metalwork and exotic items, we also have a better grasp of military tactics. We can function economically better and militaristically better than you. We also have much longer lifespans.
    You're racially stereotyping there. Besides, everyone knows that kobolds are where it's at.

@V They were all floating logs, except for Joan of Arcadia. She was a trick of the light.
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-03-08 at 09:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    I think you're thinking of UFOs. Phase knows where its at, if women existed why would they only appear to drunks and crazy people in the middle of nowhere? If I travelled across the cosmos I'd bother to find someone more interesting.

@Dragonprime: You could probably get away with saying she was a disgrace to humankind though. If she genuinely is. Not a good plan otherwise.
    You're all absolutely nuts! If women didn't exist, then what were Joan of Arc, Jane Austin, Emelia Airheart and all the other famous women of the world?
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

6. - Top - End - #1386

On the other hand, dwarves are composed entirely of prokaryotic cells, while humans are all eukaryotes.

And Wadledo, all cities between the east and west coasts are myths made by the people out there to make us think that there is actually something worthwhile out there.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2009-03-08 at 09:42 AM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

You're also long extinct.
    Have a nice afterlife.
    This avatar by Phase.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

And Wadledo, all cities between the east and west coasts are myths made by the people out there to make us think that there is actually something worthwhile out there.
    Very true.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

9. - Top - End - #1389

You're all absolutely nuts! If women didn't exist, then what were Joan of Arc, Jane Austin, Emelia Airheart and all the other famous women of the world?
    Emelia Aerheart just happened to go down when she was about to accomplish something that would bring her to everyone's attentin. Coincidence? I think not!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Propaganda. You shouldn't beleive everything the papers say, Fred.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    You're also long extinct.
    Have a nice afterlife.
    Ah, but in 2011 dwarves and elves shall begin to resurface in the world, by 2025, trolls and orcs will come back, by 2051, over 1/5 of the planet's population will be "metahuman".

EDIT: Dr.Bath, stay out of this, I'm a firm believer of women existing, otherwise I have no mother and no little sister, I also do not have several girls at my school who I have considered fostering a relationship with.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-08 at 09:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Bugbear in the Playground

I feel like appearing to all of you, just to prove the existance of my sex.
    But I can't, cos I haven't got a flying saucer. *sulk*
    I am covered in kitten pee, though.
    (Um, yay for operational kidneys in tiny felines?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Ah, but in 2011 dwarves and elves shall begin to resurface in the world, by 2025, trolls and orcs will come back, by 2051, over 1/5 of the planet's population will be "metahuman".

EDIT: Dr.Bath, stay out of this, I'm a firm believer of women existing, otherwise I have no mother and no little sister, I also do not have several girls at my school who I have considered fostering a relationship with.
    Yes, and all metabumans are prokaryotic. We just hit them with antibiotics that we've been using for yeArs and you all go back to being extinct.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, and all metabumans are prokaryotic. We just hit them with antibiotics that we've been using for yeArs and you all go back to being extinct.
    Why would you kill us when with us we'd bring the return of magic, causing The Great Ghost dance which allows us to take our own country, where we leave you guys alone. Also, would you really wanna kill 20+% of the planet's population? Including children? Also, goblinisation often doesn't take place until puberty and beyond, so you could have a perfectly normal human child who turns into a troll.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-08 at 09:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no mother and no little sister, I also do not have several girls at my school who I have considered fostering a relationship with.
    Good to know you've seen the light. Yay for quoting out of context.

@Dish: You want to make people think I'm crazy?! I'm not crazy! You're crazy! Everyone but me is crazy.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Good to know you've seen the light. Yay for quoting out of context.

@Dish: You want to make people think I'm crazy?! I'm not crazy! You're crazy! Everyone but me is crazy.
    Dr.Bath, shut up, before I do something I'll regret.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would you kill us when with us we'd bring the return of magic, causing The Great Ghost dance which allows us to take our own country, where we leave you guys alone. Also, would you really wanna kill 20+% of the planet's population? Including children? Also, goblinisation often doesn't take place until puberty and beyond, so you could have a perfectly normal human child who turns into a troll.
    A - We'd have to share our already strained food and resources with you.
    B - People already have to go without resources as it is, it's just a question of who.
    C - When we majority humans decide, we're just going to say "anyone different from us."
    D - Enjoy getting starved and killed, elves and dwarves. You're essentially a common enemy of mankind.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    A - We'd have to share our already strained food and resources with you.
    B - People already have to go without resources as it is, it's just a question of who.
    C - When we majority humans decide, we're just going to say "anyone different from us."
    D - Enjoy getting starved and killed, elves and dwarves. You're essentially a common enemy of mankind.
    One word, Undercity, we survive bellow you, pilfering supplies and resources from the surface world and staying safely hidden in your abandoned cities.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ettin in the Playground

Hurm. Have to leave. Watchmen showing soon. Can't be late. No. Hurm.

Schlorp schlorp schlorp.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

One word, Undercity, we survive bellow you, pilfering supplies and resources from the surface world and staying safely hidden in your abandoned cities.
    I'm just saying, when famine strikes, how long do you think that undercity is going to be able to stay hidden from an entire city, hell, maybe an entire country full of angry starving people intent on getting rid of a certain thorn in their side? People would probably start keeping a closer eye on their things, and the robbing would only breed further hatred of "subhumans." They say that civilization is only three meals thick. When your survival is in question, things really do break down into an "us and them" mentality.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

No civilisation could survive on only stolen goods. Not a large one anyway. If what was stolen becomes too much of a loss then all the different governments come along and stomp all yous smelly sub-humans back to pixie dust using guns. And if that don't work... use more guns.

Traditional dwarf culture could never sustain itself in the real world, as living underground for life is pretty much completely unfeasible.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay okay, 2050, you're looking at synthetic man-made foods that can be produced hundreds of times faster than the food we eat today. So famine isn't a problem, the problem of racism would most likely only affect Orcs and Trolls, due to the fact that elves and dwarves share at least some similarities to humans.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay okay, 2050, you're looking at synthetic man-made foods that can be produced hundreds of times faster than the food we eat today. So famine isn't a problem, the problem of racism would most likely only affect Orcs and Trolls, due to the fact that elves and dwarves share at least some similarities to humans.
    Racism would undoubtedly affect all of them. Humans hate each other because they speak different languages and have different skin colors; can you imagine if an entirely new species came along? You bet your sweet patootie they'd get reviled and hated in more than a few places. They're different and new, and no other reason is needed to hate their entire species for some people. How do you think people will feel when dwarves and elves start taking human jobs and living in human neighborhoods?

Also, I agree with Bath. People don't just let their things disappear. Those cities better be hidden pretty well.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

Racism would undoubtedly affect all of them. Humans hate each other because they speak different languages and have different skin colors; can you imagine if an entirely new species came along? You bet your sweet patootie they'd get reviled and hated in more than a few places. They're different and new, and no other reason is needed to hate their entire species for some people. How do you think people will feel when dwarves and elves start taking human jobs and living in human neighborhoods?

Also, I agree with Bath. People don't just let their things disappear. Those cities better be hidden pretty well.
    Read Shadowrun novels, you'll see what I mean.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

No you're not. We may be looking at food in greater quantities than ever before, but we're also looking massive overpopulation. It's not food that's the main resource problem, it's oil and metal and other minerals. Without those you can't make the machines that make the food, or buildings to house the population, or the medicine to cure diseases. THAT'S when you have the problem.

Any significant group that was based around stealing is going to frowned upon and probably destroyed. A freakish one made up of sub-humans that believe themselves inherently superior to humans isn't going to look any better.

Pfft. RPG settings are exactly known for their sticking to plausible settings.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-03-08 at 10:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you explain what you mean for someone who's never read or heard of Shadowrun?

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

Could you explain what you mean for someone who's never read or heard of Shadowrun?
    Shadowrun is a game, much like D&D, except it's set in the year 2051, where all this that I've discussed has happened, giant mega-corporations rule the cities, with Tokyo, Seattle and London being the main places for these mega-corps. Players often take the role of Shadowrunners, people who (as far as the government is concerned) don't exist, they are hired to do jobs, like hacking, bodyguard, wetwork (murder/assassination), rescue missions things that normal people can't get away with. The type of shadowrunners are Deckers (hackers), Street Samurai (Technologically ehanced warriors), Hermetic Mages (Run-of-the-mill wizard), Shamans (Slightly stronger than mage but with duties to totems), Fixers (Middlemen), Druids (Like Shamans but without totems), anybody with a gun, Glitterboys (People in big mech-suits).
    The races of said word are: Humans, Trolls, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Dragons (often in human form).
    The idea of the entire game is to just stay alive, get a good reputation, make lots of nuyen (form of worldwide accepted currency) and use said nuyen to make the character's enhancements/weapons/spells/skills better.
    The books focus on the world this game takes place in.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadowrun is a game, much like D&D, except it's set in the year 2051, where all this that I've discussed has happened, giant mega-corporations rule the cities, with Tokyo, Seattle and London being the main places for these mega-corps. Players often take the role of Shadowrunners, people who (as far as the government is concerned) don't exist, they are hired to do jobs, like hacking, bodyguard, wetwork (murder/assassination), rescue missions things that normal people can't get away with. The type of shadowrunners are Deckers (hackers), Street Samurai (Technologically ehanced warriors), Hermetic Mages (Run-of-the-mill wizard), Shamans (Slightly stronger than mage but with duties to totems), Fixers (Middlemen), Druids (Like Shamans but without totems), anybody with a gun, Glitterboys (People in big mech-suits).
    The races of said word are: Humans, Trolls, Orcs, Elves, Dwarves, Dragons (often in human form).
    The idea of the entire game is to just stay alive, get a good reputation, make lots of nuyen (form of worldwide accepted currency) and use said nuyen to make the character's enhancements/weapons/spells/skills better.
    The books focus on the world this game takes place in.
    Ah, well, to show you how xenophobia will still be massive in the future, allow me to jump forward about 38,000 years...

PURGE THE ALIEN! KILL THE MUTANT! BURN THE HERETIC!

Yeah. We humans don't play well with others, and RPG settings have to gloss over our uglier side to put any civilization other than "human" in the game. When it comes down to there only being enough resources/jobs/land to support us or them, it's not going to be them.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, well, to show you how xenophobia will still be massive in the future, allow me to jump forward about 38,000 years...

PURGE THE ALIEN! KILL THE MUTANT! BURN THE HERETIC!

Yeah. We humans don't play well with others, and RPG settings have to gloss over our uglier side to put any civilization other than "human" in the game. When it comes down to there only being enough resources/jobs/land to support us or them, it's not going to be them.
    Alright then, can we just drop this argument and be glad that humans are the (supposed) only race on this planet.
    I get the feeling you're drawing most of your inspiration from Lord of the Flies.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright then, can we just drop this argument and be glad that humans are the (supposed) only race on this planet.
    I get the feeling you're drawing most of your inspiration from Lord of the Flies.
    No, my Human Geography class. We were looking at the reason why ethnic conflicts decrease as economic development increases. It's because, when things are in scarcity, "us and them" kicks in and ethnic differences are that crucial divide. It's kind of sad, really.