New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,494 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Hmm, it's been a while since I last posted in RB, but I thought I'd show my face again.

JP's Random Thought of the Day:
    "Rabbity-Frogs wear hats, but Flibberty-Gibbets don't like pink."

Remember it, it might save your life...
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Hey, does anyone have claim - at all - on the new thread? As a more-often-than-not lurker round these parts I'm not really fussed, but I did think of a cool title the other day.
    New thread goes to whoever calls first dibs on page 50. Feel free to go for it is you want.

@^: Nonsense! It's magenta they don't like...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Banned

Artistic ego swarms; in poets, it's practically a requirement. Creation creates power, and power corrupts, yadda yadda. The jaw-dropping insult of ego, in my ears, was Natalie Merchant. Many artists leavened their cries of ego with talent, with insight, with raw sexiness. Her song was not.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Artistic ego swarms; in poets, it's practically a requirement. Creation creates power, and power corrupts, yadda yadda. The jaw-dropping insult of ego, in my ears, was Natalie Merchant. Many artists leavened their cries of ego with talent, with insight, with raw sexiness. Her song was not.
    If I knew who Natalie Merchant was, or which poem/song you're referring to, I could comment. Sorry.

So, is Felixaar making us a nice new thread?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

5. - Top - End - #1475

*waves at Felix* But I'm leaving in just a few minutes, so could you make it instead, please? Cause I've always thought flibberty-gibbets were color neutrel
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    @^: Nonsense! It's magenta they don't like...
    Ah sorry, my bad

I've often considered getting some rabbits for breeding and eating...anyone got advice for good "eaters" of the rabbity variety? (or indeed on cross-breeding rabbits with frogs...they're both of the "hoppius" species, so I think the genetics should work...or is that just quack science?)
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

7. - Top - End - #1477

Is Felix here? Is anyone making the new thread?

Oh, and JP, since you are actually a sheep-breeder, I presume you're joking. Possibly something about ducks?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:

8. - Top - End - #1478

I'm curious, how unhealthy is of that I had a caffeine pill followed by a high powered energy drink 20 minutes later?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Oh, and JP, since you are actually a sheep-breeder, I presume you're joking. Possibly something about ducks?
    Don't be silly, you can't breed sheep with ducks...they're wool would get all wet and drag them underwater!

I'm absolutely serious about breeding rabbits though. It's supposed to be fairly easy to manage a small amount as long as you're vigilant and it's possible that local butchers might be willing to take on stock...rural communities absolutely lap up 'local produce' and 'homegrown' foodstuffs. That and rabbit is possibly the finest meat on the planet (in my opinion anyway!)...

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    I'm curious, how unhealthy is of that I had a caffeine pill followed by a high powered energy drink 20 minutes later?
    I'm not sure how unhealthy that is, but I expect that you will be a little jittery in a few hours.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Barbarian in the Playground

The advantage of Rabbits is that they breed like... Rabbits. Real fast! They are also a low maintenance animal as long as you keep an eye on them and they are kept in a healthy environment.

12. - Top - End - #1482

Depends, how much caffeine was in the combined total?

@JP: my colleague's brother-in-law tried running a rabbit-breeding business. They all died. (But this guy is notoriously unlucky. He had the same problem with his fish farm. You'd probably do better.)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Speaking as someone who had 40 caffeine pills in a time span of 8 hours, not much.
    That's barely enough to get started if your body is used to caffeine.
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

14. - Top - End - #1484

Through a mixture of procrastination and mild confusion, I've taken about 15 minutes just checking I was right about what I'm meant to do in this question in this assignment which is due in later today. Hurm.

Now imagining Rorschach talking about maths. Actually not unreasonable. Frequently omit unnecessary words in mathematical arguments.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I don't usually take any caffeine before noon. Not out of any particular compulsion, but naturally.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

I try to drink no caffeine, and am pretty good at it. I manage one caffeinated drink per month.
    This avatar by Phase.

17. - Top - End - #1487

I've been managing to somewhat avoid soda for the past few days, though I think that has more to do with being still a little sick and everything tasting slightly of muddy cardboard than anything else...

18. - Top - End - #1488

>.>
    <.<

I'm drinking a Dr. Pepper right now, and it's barely 11 AM here.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't think of a caffeinated drink I LIKE.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I can't think of a caffeinated drink I LIKE.
    Not even tea? That's the only reason I drink any caffeine at all.

@V: Mmm... *Wants some sort of lemony tea now.*
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-03-09 at 10:48 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Not even tea? That's the only reason I drink any caffeine at all.
    Not even tea.

Well, I sometimes drink herbal tea. But that's not caffeinated (I don't think).

22. - Top - End - #1492

OMG, just got a b-day present in the mail from 2B - and it's awesome! I'll give ya a clue - "Meet Virginia"...

I know he's gone, but he totally made my morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Ettin in the Playground

Today has been a good day.
    In English, we had to write a "tribute" to Lennie (Of Mice and Men) from the viewpoint of George, it was meant to be anonymous, but mine got read out.
    Here is what I wrote.
    Lennie, I'm sorry for all the things I've done to you, all the mean things I've said, for everytime I've gotten mad at you, I should never have said things like "If it weren't for you". Without you I'd just be another lonely guy taking his fifty bucks and blowing it all in one night. I realise now that you were never a burden, you were a gift, you gave me a dream, something for both of us to look forward to and now you're living that dream in heaven.
    Rest in peace my friend.

Now when people started asking who wrote it, I just smiled, they were saying "That's beautiful" and other things. Eventually, my smile gave me away, I was overflowing with pride. Then one of the girls in class asked me to write something like that when she died. Which made me feel even more proud.
    That made my day.
    Also, don't coca-cola and most fizzy drinks have caffeine in them?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Titan in the Playground

CUT!

It's a wrap, people! We'll continue the banter in the next thread, OK?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.