New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Isle of the LostThe End of Happiness (IC)

Ziya

I know I'm not crazy, whatever they might think... Ziya follows the sound as it travels along the hull, trying to place it better. If anyone else makes signs of hearing something unusual, she would ask them if the noise sounds familiar.
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Vimzud

Vim held the railing in a death grip as the boat lurched to the right. His legs slid out from under him, leaving Vim to fall flat on his face and only managed to keep from sliding everywhere by the railing he was clinging to.

Once the boat settled down, the Kobold pulled himself up to his feet. He looked around at some of the others on deck, feeling quite angered by the event. The thought passed through his head to hurt the one with the beard while he slept, but Vim shook it off, there was work to be done now. With the rail as his guideline, Vim pulled himself toward the side of the ship to get a closer look at the emergency boat.

The body was a grim sight, and the boat wasn't in any sort of condition that could be remotely described as seaworthy. It didn't exactly instill confidence in him, but Vim knew something had to be done about it; he remembered something from his old company handbook about recovery of bodies of former employees.

Vim looked to some of the nearby crew, "We need rope. Boat might get away if we are not quick."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Virgil

Virgil's face paled as he saw the dried-up corpse. First time seeing a dead man. He held in bile rising to his mouth and diverted his eyes away. Taking a deep breath and resting against the cabin wall, Virgil nodded at Vimzud's assessment of the situation, but wasn't able to find any words. He'd need a bit to recover.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

Number of Awesome Points Won: Serious