New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Kingslayers

Raven can lift the 80 pound boulders, but no where near as easily as the giant that was practically 4 times stronger than him. The granite boulders are perfectly round, as if made by a machine. His best chance to drop one on someone, or make it look close is the purple lady hovering above the trees. Raven's toss is terrible, and he nearly hits the purple lady with his miss attempt.

This gets the purple lady's attention, and seems to temporarily satisfy the dragon and rider. The purple lady and the woman in the white robe say nothing and seem to be communicating a lot merely by looking at one another.

As Raven is throwing down the rocks, the dragon is giving pursuit of the Voidform man who is trying to flee with the dark knight and priest in his arms. This Void form man is incredibly strong and fast, but can barely stay ahead as the silver dragon takes flight after it.

The purple-haired lady will back off from the platform, and open her mouth wider than it should be able. This proves Cassy's dragon theory likely true, as the purple lady unleashes a strange purple stream from her mouth. It appears to be an electrical-fire attack, melded in some magical form. She actually hurts the silver dragon, and it will turn to face her.

The woman only wearing white robes flies up, and will begin speaking in your heads. Raven and Taros will feel and hear the voice, but are able to resist whatever scanned their mind. Wrick, Cara, and Cassy will feel as if their mind is being searched through without permission. "We thought you'd never come. We thought the elves had failed. I don't know all of you, but by the dear gods, I hope you've come to stop the kingslayers."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kingslayers II: Revenge of the Elves

Cara

Knowing it is nearly impossible for an Evil person to directly affect her mind against her will while her protections spell is active, Cara lifts an eyebrow and looks to Cassy first, then the rest of the group. "Are you not Voidites?" She's clearly and plainly confused by the contact.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Sensing that it may become useful again soon, Wrick renews his fly spell, keeping a close eye on the figure intruding on the party's minds.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Psionic Lady

OOC- Thanks Dauph. Cara did feel the scan attempt though. And she'll still figure out who Cara is from Cassy.

The Psionic Voidite:

The battle rages below as the purple lady fully transforms into a purple dragon to better attack both rider and silver dragon. The Voidform has disappeared somewhere into the marsh's forest with his paralyzed allies.

Wrick can easily get into fly mode since it seems popular right now.

With Raven dropping an occasional boulder near the psi-girl or dragon, the corrupt silver side seems distracted from yelling at the cloud.

When Cara asks her question the girl is almost bashful. She is definitely Yuanese, and kind of pretty. Her white robes seem more concerned with being sexy than functional. She will get closer in answering Cara, her voice still in your head. "We are of that nation and seek the same goal. Your allies, the elves, have been struck quite rudely in your absence. They told us you'd come before the evening was out, but we thought their mission had failed. You are the heroes of Sunhaven. I am honored to meet you."
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2009-04-19 at 10:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara

Now Cara just looks completely, utterly confused. "But-" She tries to equate the concept of 'Voidite' with the concept of 'ally', and it just doesn't compute. These people want things that she considers anathematic. They're supposed to, anyway. "I don't understand. Why would you be helping us? Your beliefs are a blasphemy in the Light of the Sun."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2009-04-21 at 07:35 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy

"What's with people being jackasses and reading my mind? You don't want to see what's in there." She chews her lip as Cara responds to the woman, "What this tin can means to say, even less diplomatically, is that y'all are a bunch of evil sonsabitches and no one in their right mind would send you to help us without some proof that this isn't some sorta stupid trap."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Wrick remains withdrawn from the conversation, focusing instead on another spell.

The fog isn't foolin' anyone; seems a bad time to be an isolationist, I'd say.

As he completes his spell, Wrick disappears completely, with only a brief disturbance in the fog layer to announce his exit from the craft.

Spoiler
    Show
    Improved invisibility, 60 ft move in the direction of the battle (or until ~30 ft above the dragon)

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Default Void Aid

The woman in white tries to speak calmly as the battle rages on below, she is becoming more urgent, as the purple dragon is taking a little beating. She looks a little hurt by Cara's words. "We want order, like yourselves. Abyssal forces changing timelines disrupts our sense of balance. When we found out the Kingslayers were here, we came as soon as we could. Time is short, and we must at least free one of the captives before the sunsets to spoil their plans of making the empress a full-fledged god."
    To Cassy, she tries to be a little more diplomatic, "Evil.... is that all you see? We have a sense of ordered balance and it must be maintained. No one sent us, but the lord Pharaoh's men. If you choose not to help us... at least free one of the youths in another temple. This will at least temporarily disrupt their plans for anarchy."
    She will attempt to fly up to you all, but will stop if she senses any violent tendencies from Wrick or Cassy.

The psion seems aware of Wrick's invisible flight as he descends. "Fog fools the dragon-rider." She says, with a raised eyebrow to the invisible hobbit.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2009-04-21 at 03:05 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Yeah, yeah. Just because ya can hear my thoughts doesn't mean I wanna hear yours.

Unseen to the party, Wrick completes another spell, with whispers of arcane commands escaping his mouth. The transparent hobbit descends toward the dragon rider, intent on delivering his spell to the (hopefully) unsuspecting opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vampiric Touch. +9 touch attack (denying dex AC bonus . . .) for 10d6 damage, gained as temporary hit points.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Dragon, Sheen.

The silver dragon is mighty and a lot bigger than the dainty purple dragon looking more like a distraction.

When Wrick passes below the cloud he will be spotted right away by the rider who apparently sees invisible. He will curse in some abyssal tongue, and say in imperial common, "Blast you interlopers! You killed my guardian! Take us away, Sheen!!"

The mature adult silver looks up questioning at the cloud, and possibly even the hobbit, and will teleport away before Wrick can get close enough.

The purple dragon will collapse into the woods for cover, and transform back to human.

The psion chuckles kindly at Wrick, "You are a brave hobbit." She says aloud for the first time. Cara is surprised such an attractive female is with the Void, they are known for being one of the most uncharismatic priesthoods out there. There were attempts to change, and this must be part of the result. She was a dark imperial type like Cassy and Taros, but had paler skin, and almost a Yuanese quality about her. Everything about her appearance said, she could help you, causing Cara to twitch. The psion looks to the where the dragon retreated.
    "We must regroup, but I urge you to free one of the youths. Get them to where they need to be, and do it fast. If we fail with our young noble, then you must succeed."
    Speaking aloud, she is totally unaware of Cara's hesitation. She will attempt to fly up to the platform itself.
    "Permission to come aboard?" She says from beneath the cloud screen.

Taros is struck by that dragon's name, like he should know it. Unfortunately, he didn't pay attention to a lot on the dragon names when he was with King Fin's Dragon Riders. But, he thinks it might've been one of the big guys in the King's Air Force.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Raven

Raven scowls as the rider spots Wrick and teleports away. A perfectly good ruse wasted! Hasn't that hobbit every heard of the fog of war? Raven grins at his unintended joke. I suppose anything that can get away that fast was going to get away regardless.

Oblivious to the mind-to-mind exchanges going on, Raven turns his attention to the controls of the craft looking for additional features. As the woman announces herself and request permission to come aboard, he looks quizzically at his companions and keeps one eye on the craft's controls and the surroundings that show up on its panel. That dragon and rider will be back - those types tend to hold a grudge.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2009-04-22 at 09:37 AM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Purple Dragon

All of you could hear the psion speak to you telepathically, however any response you could not, though the girl understands. She can only read certain thoughts, and even though she went into Wrick and Cassy's minds she didn't delve in to the deepest parts. Mostly just surface thoughts. But, she can communicate telepathically to all of you.

Not too much later the purple lady will fly up out of the marsh woods.
    "I smell no elves. Are these imperials, Hellera?"
    She eventually sniffs Wrick's general direction, she looks confused. "Hobbits...?"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Default A Rebirth Begins!

Cara seems to be hyperventilating. Wrick will notice that the more these Voidites are around the more she is twitching uncontrollably.

"Where're they going?" The purple lady says as the cloud suddenly jets North toward the buildings North of the plains.

The psion and purple lady don't pursue, and look hurt. The psion speaks to your mind one more time as you leave. "May you succeed alone."

The platform zips along over many strange and exotic creatures. Some dinosaurs are in colorful arrays that span the rainbow.

OOC- We can roleplay stuff out here, but if you're ready to move on, continue and link up!

{OOC2- Our journey to Myth-weavers begins.
    I see it as a new beginning for the Kingslayers, as they move deeper into this valley. For the sake of new readers, give a little description of your PC and maybe their state, and lets get rolling. Bear with me as I learn the other site, and please feel free to aid me in anyway over there.
    The OOC link will be in this OOC thread. If you don't have a myth-weaver sheet, just make a blank one and submit it so I can get you in the game for real. }

Kingslayers continues!