New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation III

Haggard, with Exina in the Machine Room

Haggard's wrinkled face grows into a frown as he considers Exina's question. Stroking his long beard he ponders the situation. It was almost as if Haggard had expected her to react in a different way

"Hmmm... this was most unexpected, I was told that memory loss was a remote possibility... that bastard... I should have probed for further information before getting rid of him..."

"Never fear Exina... you may have lost your memory, but together we shall create new ones. You are at the seat of my power in the Ashen Bastion, crown of the Wastelands of Duma! You are regarding Haggard, lord and master of all that you see... and you..."

says Haggard grinning

"... are my wife..."
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exina, the Machine Room

Exina simply half smiles and walks to one of the side walls. Her finger tips (under her talons) slide along the cool, stone wall. Looking back to the wizened god, the goddess crosses her hands and curls her lips in a small frown.

"It's awfully small, and enclosed. Surely you would have more for your wife's arrival?"

Exina quickly glances at the door before looking back to her husband.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Heh... humour... it does seem that you have forgotten so let me refresh your memory..."

All of a sudden Haggard's face goes serious, and just as sudden, he is next to Exina and he hisses in her ear as she can feel the unearthly cold aura emanating from him

"... I claim many qualities... a sense of humour is not one of them... unfortunately, the methods to bring you back had attracted the attention of annoying meddlers, so while I was gathering power to bring you back, I was forced to hide your body..."

As he takes a step back from Exina he continues

"But you must be tired, come, let us depart from here, I assure you my throne room will be much more suitable for you... tastes..."

Haggard leads the way through the door and into the labyrinth, not looking back to see if Exina is following, and slowly he hobbles back to his throne room.

4. - Top - End - #394

With a few quickened steps, Exina catches up with Haggard. She slows to allow Haggard a half-step lead, enjoying the casual walk. Their steps echo through the winding passages and halls of Ashen Bastion.

The castle is a mess; old, crumbling, showing signs of neglect. Exina says not a word. Her head moves smoothly about, eyes taking in events and details. The devils clamber about, making space for their lord and master. Exina smiles at their compliance.

In the throne room, Exina stands next to Haggard's throne as the wrinkled god positions himself. She points a talon at two lowly devils scrabbling over whatever interested them. Her cold voice freezes them in their tracks.

"You two, bring me a chair, the finest one in the castle. Quickly!"

The devils scamper off. Exina leans forward slightly so Haggard can hear.

"This is a fine castle, Husband, it's seen many years of service. Your servants are loyal as well. A few adjustments are needed; repairs, cleaning, ornaments. Other than that, you have chosen an excellent lair. No doubt this throne room is where you plan. Would you be willing to fill me in on a few?"
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Sitting on his throne, Haggard gives an evil leer to Exina.

"Sadly I spend too much time scheming and plotting for me to notice such trivial things such as keeping this place clean. Things like this are beyond the notice of a man such as I. Abyss, I can hardly remember the last time I actually slept... not that I need sleep anyway..."

"So you want to join in part of my scheme? Just like the good old days... very well... I shall let you in on one of my major plans... partially of course... I shall be giving you information on a need to know basis."

Snapping his fingers, a map of the world appears

"See all this? Eventually this will all be mine... or failing at that, I shall see it burn..."

All of a sudden he notices the presence of someone else within the Throne Room.

"Ah yes... might I introduce to you a fine specimen? This rather silent fellow here is nigh indestructible and has resisted all forms of torture I have come up with. You were always a resourceful woman, perhaps you can think of something?"

Says Haggard as he gives a kick in the face to Bob the Mime.

6. - Top - End - #396

Isle of Noma

With the floor of the shrine in place, and the aid of the Konj in the construction, things began to progress. Some worked on the floor, sanding and smoothing. Some worked at art, etching the beginning structure. Many quarried the rock -- both Noma and Konj -- for the outer pillars. To each was their own tasks as they perceived... or were told, subtly, by Ehlid himself.

And then there were those that contemplated. The shrine was already in use. Some of the Seers had their own calling -- a calling of the mind. Their god had given them a vision. With that vision, they were to bring order to Chaos, to free the land itself from a sort of prison. Or, at least, change the type to a more suitable form. Their minds stretched out, reaching out from the Isle as their bodies lay still. Around them, change. It was a laborer who spotted it first -- he had climbed up to his usual spot to take a meal. Looking to the east, what he saw was not the same.
    Where there had been the blinding harsh colors of the elemental sea, there was now... something different. A pleasant blue was reaching out from the island, a flowing liquid, beginning to reach out towards the horizon. His calls brought the attention of several other workers. It was with great difficulty (and some cheating) that they scaled down the cliff to what had once been madness. Their tongues and feet confirmed that it was water... in huge quantities. Amazing!

[ Konj and Noma each with a build city action, to 5 and 8. Noma also begin the act of making oceans with shape land. ]

7. - Top - End - #397
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Slade: plane of blazing virtue

Slade stands over Ran Kang.

Your punishment is served you rotten little snot sucking whine baby.

kicks ran kang in the ribs

and that is for making another sun you sniveling little.........(Slade mumbles of a rather unpleasant string of swears that are best not heard aloud at this juncture.)

Slade turns to Deth

that's done with. clears throat

anyway Deth what did you want to speak to me about I have paces to go and people to report to... (mumbles...after I figure out how to bring him back anyway)
    LoC:AP 7/DR 3/Ps-1/Pt-4/Pw-1/S-2/WS: 0
    Domain taps-Artifice 2 free +1
    Domain ap artifice - 2
    Artifacts-Staff of Seven charges=1
    Creations-helping hands, sand worms, phantom messengers
    Ninjas rule
    come have some fun

http://apps.facebook.com/naruto_app/...token=req_team

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

The armies of Ahkmotept had descended into the elven forests with much devestation. They were ingrained now, so it would be nigh impossible to be rid of all ahnklings, and they'd evolve after many moons. But they weren't the only problem for the elves. The shores of lakes, rivers, and the oceans had to be abandoned because of the Murlocs. They had advanced into the elven lands as well, led by chieftain Mrgl-Mrgl McGurgle. Clan McGurgle had taken control of the whole murloc population in a bid for conquest of both land and sea. And now, they were invading!
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deth in the basement of Ashen Bastion

Deth senses a presence he had not felt for some time. Climbing the stairs he pauses at the Room of Reflection to study him self for a time. Leaving he walks through the crumbling halls ignoring the Devils he passes till he finds Ord. Greetings Ord. I hope everything is going well for you.

The Deth at the Hole Astral Sky

Thank you Slade for taking a moment to talk to me. Glancing at the your two blade. Might I? Seeing your hands tighten on the hilts. Nevermind. But on to the reason I asked to speak with you. I know how to craft such as those but you understand their use better then I. I wondered if you would not mind teaching my children about their creation and use? If you could give the Scorponar the understanding of Deth so that they could learn to craft such tool, and the Scorponex the understanding of Death to better understand their use. I would be willing to teach your people the finer arts of Crafting using the metals I blessed your lands with as well as teach them how to reach new levels of Perfection. Or I could enhance the blades for you or craft another artifact for your use. I could supply most of the power but would need but a small amount from you to link the artifact to you.

Box Canyon the Badlands

With the appearance of the new Sun in the sky much celebration and prayers are sent to Deth. A Statue is crafted in his image and set in a large cave that is built in the safety of the back of the Box Canyon. It is not a real temple but a place those that wish can go and leave a small gift and blessing can be asked of Deth.

A pair of Scorponar on watch see the large movement of the new unknown creatures in the distance. Turning one shoots a red fleched arrow to the designated area. A group of Scorponex move up to the entrance of the box canyon to block it in case it is another war party. Soon the watchers saw the people setting up a camp. After a time it was agreed a small group would go out to see what the new people wanted. A small party of Scorponar and Scorponex approach. Soon talks are opened and it is discovered that they to know of Deth and tell them of their god Ord. It is agreed that trade would be worth while to both groups.

(3=1+2 Scorponar and Scorponex spend thier action in Worship.)

10. - Top - End - #400

Exina, Haggard's Throne Room

Exina scans the map briefly before folding it away into her robes. She opens her mouth to speak but is interrupted by the torture of Bob the Mime. At her husband's offer, Exina silently pricks the palm of her right hand with her talons. Dark droplets form. Her hand clenches tighter, black blood trickling through her fingers. With a flick of her wrist, a puddle of blood splashes in front of Bob the Mime.

Forms writhe within the puddle, pushing at some flexing barrier. The puddle grows and growls, giving more and more leeway to its abyssal inhabitants. The thinning skin reveals the shapes of lizard-like heads of great size and long tails whipping wildly. Tension increases as the creatures try to spread constricted appendages. With a rip, the sticky skin is thrown off. Terribly scaled monstrosities rise before the mime; lizard-like, carried by powerful limbs and a pair of enormous wings. Their sharp teeth gleam white within their maws, and their eyes glare with a hungry intelligence.

A fraction of a second passes like an eternity. The dragons descend upon Bob the Mime.

Exina laughs cruelly, sitting herself onto the seat delivered by the two lowly devils.

"It won't finish him off, but now your little annoyance will have to worry about being mauled and gnawed upon."

Exina looks upon the grizzly scene with the smitten look of a mother or pet-owner.

"Look at them, my own blood. What power, what beauty. I have truly outdone myself."

(0?=1?-1 (Spawn Monstrous Creatures: Exina Dragons))
    (Exina Dragon CP: 2)

Risen from the blood of the Dragon Queen, Exina Dragons are the goddess's favored creations. Their scales vary in dark hues, mostly cool colors but occasionally reds or yellows. Fire is the most common breath weapon, but other elements have been seen in use.

Exina dragons are usually solitary, their arrogance and pride leading to conflicts. They love objects of value, and will only leave their lairs to collect more wealth or through acts of gods. They possess great intellects capable of intrigue when brute force isn't needed. As time passes, Exina dragons will adopt the customs of surrounding cultures.
    Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2009-04-26 at 10:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Pixie in the Playground

Satu and Rose in the druidic grove in the astral sky

Satu looks over to Rose . "Now is the time has come for me to teach you how to use your devine powers. remember how it was like to be a druid? just use your power of will like this."

Satu waves his staff pointing at a untouched path of the world making sure that Rose could see everything thru the viewing globe Satu soon creates a forest right in front of her eyes but not a normal forest it is a magical forest with glowing blue trees that glows with devine druidic magic. "I Shall call this land Starlight Forest" and with that he sends word to the elder thru his mind directing the pixies to settle to there new land.

"This may be bigger power then you have ever seen but still there are limits to this power. it takes just a little power to protect and make sure that the pixie race will flourish this is called blessing it allows you to grant them a little bit of divine help. now that the Seelie have to deal with the Unseelie we need to grant them a better home. This should help them in the long term.

Rose looks to satu and asks "So I could bless all of the pixies and protect them from up here."

Satu looks to her and sighs, "Sadly when I gave it my all to grant you your power I noticed one thing you can hold and produce enough to do some minor things create patches of land make a new a new animal in the world and even bless the pixies but there is a limit to this power...You can only bless one type of pixie. because when you use your power you have to keep the mental image of that one type of pixie in your mind others costs you more devine power that you don't have enough power to use."

Rose asks "So I can only bless one type per cycle if its to grant them blessings like more potent food or better resources...wouldn't that help all of the pixies?"

"Yes and no.. whenever you use your will to make the pixies blessed you grant them another power...its a power that protects them from harm...there are worse things in this world that could harm the pixies I just wish It wasn't so slow moving but every bless you do it has a lasting effect this also can work in the exact opposite way it could hurt instead of protect."

Rose closes her eyes for a moment thinking about the fluttermice she waves her hand and blesses there new home with shelter mostly all of the trees in the forest has holes in the wood that with some furnishing the pixies could make comfortable homes. "How is it that when I bless them it seems like I helped the others just as well?"

"You have its just the Fluttermice will take the full effect of the bless...though what you did just benefited the others there is devine power converted into strength protecting them and watching them remember one thing you may be slow with the small amount of power that you have but the best thing to do when you are a god is to think on the long term...know that you will be able to protect another pixie on the next cycle just watch to make sure that noting unspeakable happens."

Rose nodded up to satu and smiles. "Thanks for everything I am happy to help you up here I feel as though my dreams for the pixies will come true."

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Fae Forest spend 1 Dp

Rose Bless Flutter mice Spending her 1 DP
    Last edited by EvanMouse; 2009-04-28 at 06:54 PM.
    I'm just a kawaii mouse.. taking your cheese for my purpose of making grilled cheese sandwiches! ^_^

(HomeBrew Stuff ^_^ In spoiler below.)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Off the Northern coast of the Old World

It had been months that the three ships had been sailing under the order of the crown. For months they had faced perils, murlocs, and storms, but finally their journey was over, for they had sighted land. The three ships lowered their sails and dropped their anchors, as tiny row boats slowly make their way to the shore in the dead of the night.

There are shouts of jubilations as the dark figures step on the land. One of the figures, most likely the commander of barks out an order, and silence washes over the group, as the commander takes an object in hand. Taking the object he impales it hard into the ground, and unwrapping it unleashes a banner.

The banner's background was blood red, with a golden border. In the centre of the banner, a black tree, devoid of any leaves, and on top of that tree, a crown.

"By the authority vested in me by the Crown, I hereby claim this land, in the name of the Great Drow Empire!"

After thousands of years of exile, Drow feet could once again be heard treading on the Old World.

(Drow use Tier 2 ability, create City, raising their FP to 10)

13. - Top - End - #403
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zenis, actually i have no idea where he may be

Zenis watched as his people were taken away into a life of slavery, and as he watched, he realized his people were the only things in the arctic wastes. So, he decided to create protectors of the arctic, things that destroyed what did not belong in the cold. Like the drow for instance..... Yes, they would be a thorn in the drow's side forever. And Zenis took ice from the northern most point of the pole and snow from a mountain and created a monster that would be near impossible to kill without knowing how.

3dp-1dp(create monstrous creature: criohydra)

And all the while subtly removing some of kalmah's (not that he knows kalmah) influence and morals (or that their kalmahs).

2dp-2dp (guide populous remove democracy)

Sometime later... outside of Clocktown

A drow raiding party, obviously expecting no resistance (or rather no more than usual) stroll into a (supposedly) sacred grove of the Frost Monarch, not that they would care. The smart ones that hid always hid there. But for once the drow were to be foiled in there raiding party for as they walked in, 24 heads with long necks quickly attacked all the Drow. Even after the drow chopped the heads off,they grew 2 more back.All the raider's died. Except one, but the hydra let him go to spread the word about them.

(BTW, 24 heads, four different hydra, some criohydra have 7 or 8 heads but most have 6) just in case you cared.
    A wall was here. Now it is dust.

A tower rose here. Now it is fallen.

An army fought here. Now it is dead.

Chances are, a wizard did it.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The World Spark

"You wish chaos? You wish destruction? FINE! I will give it to you in spades! Each and every race of this world must suffer for the Ignorance of the Gods!"

The Spark Well that shot from two parts of the World dimmed, and finally collapsed. The Bright energy empowered the world itself harming the Mortals, blights, poor crops, sickness, and death abounded.

"Chaos, pain. You will all feel it."

(The Spark Wells cannot be used till this is dealt with, in addition each race will loose 1 FP a week per 10 that population has. This continues till the race either goes to 0 or the World Spark Calms down.)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, the Ashen Bastion

Haggard stifles a curse, as the Spark starts to spread destruction on all races.

"Abyss! That bloody thing has got to be stopped!"

Haggard sits down to ponder, he had already started out his plan, but with the recent events, he would have to make some changes. But what?

Turning to Exina he says

"For once, I am fresh out of ideas... perhaps you care to suggest something?"

16. - Top - End - #406

Exina, The Ashen Bastion

Exina puts a finger to her cheek in thought.

"You have been dealing with this world longer than I have. If this Spark is an important resource, we must gather as much as possible before it's too late."

Exina gets up from her chair and walks over to her dragons. Bob the Mime manages to free himself as each dragon is distracted by their queen's affection. Exina continues talking even as her back is turned.

"I'll leave for the mortal world, investigate these Spark Wells. We'll be able to contact each other when needed. Take care, my sweets, mommy will be back in a short while."

Giving the final dragon of the group a pet, Exina departs from the Ashen Bastion and onto the world.
    ------------------------------

Exina, The Elven City where the Elven Elder is

Exina steps out of the shadows and into the bright sun. The city appeared to have been in disuse for some time. Perhaps the goddess will be able to find something of value within the crumbling walls. At this time the Spark Well is more important, and Exina walks down the roads to her goal.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Elder

The Dark figure that was once the Great Elder of the Eldern House of Elven stood before Exina, a group of Souless Ones surrounding him. One very lovely elven woman holding him, subservient. The Elder's dry voice cracked out.

"A God? Here? The Grind surly is dead. Perhaps the great Ran Kang will continue his work. Or, did Slade finish him off? It's not my business. I am no God, I am not Mortal. Nothing concerns me."

The Elder coughed.

"The Elven have returned. As far as they will. I am their elder. Even you, Goddess, cannot bring them into glory. Perhaps a show of my power?"

The Elder reached his hand out, another pillar of power rose from the ground. This one with a dragon statue perched upon the time. All the Pillars sung out a song to empower the Elder.

(Build Totem, number 6. And bless Populous plus 7 bringing them to 37.)

The Elder coughed.

"You come for something? Hmmm?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #408

OldWizardGuy

Slade: the inferior sun

Slade walked off a short ways from Ran Kang

Oh, and Ran Kang for your arrogance I shall take this from you.

Slade reached down causing shadows to pool on the surface reached into them and pulled out an amulet of flawless black pearls with an amulet encasing a jewel of the pure essence of Ran Kang's plane.

Deth... come with me to the True Sun if you would. I will speak with you further there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Create Amulet of Power(imbues artifacts) DP=3 8-5
    Domain ap artifice - 2
    Ninjas rule
    come have some fun

19. - Top - End - #409

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tialait View Post
    The Elder

The Dark figure that was once the Great Elder of the Eldern House of Elven stood before Exina, a group of Souless Ones surrounding him. One very lovely elven woman holding him, subservient. The Elder's dry voice cracked out.

"A God? Here? The Grind surly is dead. Perhaps the great Ran Kang will continue his work. Or, did Slade finish him off? It's not my business. I am no God, I am not Mortal. Nothing concerns me."

The Elder coughed.

"The Elven have returned. As far as they will. I am their elder. Even you, Goddess, cannot bring them into glory. Perhaps a show of my power?"

The Elder reached his hand out, another pillar of power rose from the ground. This one with a dragon statue perched upon the time. All the Pillars sung out a song to empower the Elder.

(Build Totem, number 6. And bless Populous plus 7 bringing them to 37.)

The Elder coughed.

"You come for something? Hmmm?"

Exina raises an eyebrow at the sight of the dragon pillar (it possessed features different from her creations), tilting her head down to address the Elder.

"I am Exina, Wife of Haggard. I was not aware this city was still inhabited. You must know why I am here, the Grind putting a halt to the Spark Wells."

Exina continued walking toward the Spark Well, passing the Elder if allowed.

((If the Elder made a dragon pillar, it would have to be something like a brown dragon since Exina dragons are not on the material world yet. Unless the Elder is being prophetic.))

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Astral Sea
    Upon the completion of two more totems, Kalmah blesses the populace twice.
    Spoiler
    Show

7 totems, using two greater blesses, each discounted to 1. 7 totems activate +3 +3, so +13
    Not sure where that puts it all. But... 46/10 = 4 (at least it is by integer division) So, new total is 46 -4 + 13, or 55

But sending 2 points over to whatever race of Satu's is highest right now.

Kalmah sighs at the sparks hissy fit,"It looks like I may need to apply some diplomacy here."

With a flash, he appears before it. "So, I couldn't help but notice you seem to be rather upset. What exactly is the problem?"
    Last edited by Xuincherguixe; 2009-04-28 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

21. - Top - End - #411
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deth at the Filled Hole

Thank you Slade. I would be honored.... Looks back towards the world. Hmmmmm looks like things are not moving as expected. Deth Follows Slade.

The Box Canyon
    The box Canyon mills with movement like a ant hill kicked by a kid. Scorponar are climbing up and down the walls and in and out of caves, Laying new roads up and down the canyon walls and along the canyon floors. Two new forges have been built and are running day and night as Scorponex work on a wall across the Canyon entrance to better protect them new budding city.

(Scorponar and Scorponex use their Tier power Build City there by increasing their FP. Scorponar are FP3 and Scorponex are FP2)

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

in the Black hole sun: In a corner of the black sun a vortex starts to swirl, a man canceled in hood and robes looks around.
    “Hmm, let’s see what we got here” he looks around and starts to walk towards the Astral sky.
    When he gets to the Astral sky he sees the south pole “Hmm that would be a nice place to start a race without to many gods looking over my shoulder”
    he starts to make some modifications to the giant glacier making a roof, and melting the ice under it so there will be room for a new race later, if someone could see the roof it would be like a large complete half round ball (no way to enter it, except if u are a god of course)
    "that would do for now i have. I have more important things to look into right now".
    Spoiler
    Show
    uses 1 dp to shape land 2-1=1
    Last edited by wizzy; 2009-05-02 at 01:56 AM.
    no1 knows everything and humans knows little to non

Maligniance
    AP-25, DR-3
    Power: 1, Presence: 3, Potence: 3, Sense: 1

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, the Ashen Bastion

With Exina gone, Haggard has time to contemplate the situation with the Spark. Everything was going well, until that annoying mortal had unleashed it. And now this Spark had the audacity to actually threaten Haggard himself?

"Very well, I shall make an example of this Spark and it's pet mortal, in a way that it shall never be forgotten!"

Haggard looks out of the window, and watches the devil cities, ever spewing pollution into the Wastelands of Duma, as production never ceases.

Haggard sends out his commands. Soon things were going to happen.

(DP 6= 9-3 Spawn Monstrous creatures, Golems have 6 CP, archdevils have 8)

24. - Top - End - #414

Isle of Noma

The first two of the immense stone pillars, stretching to the sky, were up before Konj skilled in metal arts arrived. They set to work crafting a wide variety of items, from braziers for coals to heads for weapons.

Expanding outwards from the Isle, the water did, faithfully guided by the meditating minds above. Waters lapped at the harsh, rocky foot of the cliffs that surrounded the sanctuary. Ehlid watched the Isle from time to time, and thought contemplated furthering the freedom they had. With these waves... Perhaps. Perhaps.

25. - Top - End - #415

OldWizardGuy

Slade: The Black Hole Sun

As Slade and Deth appear on his plane a great cry of the Shay Al' Goul is heard and shade passes some of his power to Slade as is ussual when this cry is heard.

Deth you the god of artifice are perhaps the only person that can help me with this particular problem.

I propose an alliance of powers...... so to speak.

Spoiler
    Show
    dp=5 3+2 1 from exarch and 1 from great worship actions
    Domain ap artifice - 2
    Ninjas rule
    come have some fun

26. - Top - End - #416

Isle of Noma

Stone ripped asunder. The coast heaved and curved in the absence of people, the great cliff walls heaving and opening. The hand of Ehlid was at work. Ragged gray and red rocks dropped into the ocean with a splash. From the depths, up came ground rock, sand, spreading out where there was once cliff or water. Now, there was beach. It was the only beach the Isle had known.

A month and a half later before the beach was found by a band. They didn't know what to make of it though. That took some more aid.

The first aid was in the form of visions. Ehlid bequeathed visions unto the people, instructions for what to do. Unfortunately, these were not so easily followed at the shrine. After the monstrosity of lumber that resulted, Ehlid had to take things into his own capable hands. Painstakingly he showed them how to curve and shape the wood, how to tar joints and nail boards. It was only the first of many new learning experiences for them. From there, the building and rigging of proper sails was next on the list of things to learn. Explaining the mechanics of wind to them was... difficult. Similarly with the arts of navigation. Over and over, he explained, until not only they could sail, but they could teach others. That was the real trick -- the rippling of knowledge in a thirsty society. The once-cliff turned beach became a shipyard, became a harbor.

Stretching out into the water, massive piers protected by a breakwater. On opposing fingers of piers sat the first two vessels, the first constructed by Ehlid, the other entirely by the Noma and Konj. Or, nearly entirely. Sleek curved hulls, with sweeping sails flying overhead, and ready to make for the open sea. The land was free to them, their own minds were free to them, and now the waves were no bar to the freedom.

[ Teach concept 4-4=0 ]

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Elder

The Elder smirked at Exina.

"You don't know anything. A pawn of Haggard huh? Weak."

The Elder walked to Exina a grin on his withered face.

"You can tell Haggard, that he is NEXT. I have trapped the power of The Grind into myself. Next I will kill off Haggard and trap his power into myself."

The Elder smiled and pushed his power into the Pillars.

"I am the Elder of the Elven, I command Haggard to OBEY!"

Nothing...

"Damn...Very well. Tell Haggard to deal with me himself..and stop sending servants."

28. - Top - End - #418

Exina

Exina's eyes narrow into a deadly glare. Her mouth nearly vanishes as her lips are pursed together.

"Servant? You think I'm a... servant?"

The ground begins to rumble. As Exina's voice rises, fissures radiate around her.

"I can here of my own accord!"

Angry spires of stone erupt from the earth haphazardly. The aging ruins of the elves crumbled, leaving ornate fragments scattered with little standing. Exina snatches the Elder by the throat, lifting him off the ground. The shouts of the goddess echoes through the newly formed mountains.

"You will pay for your insolence wretch! You have what I want, and I will take it!"

0dp = (3-1(shape land:Mountains) -2 (divine combat vs Elder))

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Elder

The Elder gasped. The power of the Grind was great..how would he fight this attack?

The Elder remembered. The power of the Grind felt it in his mind. There was just enough to avoid being destroyed by this attack or gaining a costly injury. But the Forests would be changed. Himself or his forest? What would he save? The Soulless Elven need the forest to survive. He would sacrifice himself for the power to save them.

Quickly the Elder reached a hand out, stopping the jetting mountains from destroying his cites. The Spark Well flickered and punished his soul for the injury. The Elder fell on the ground spitting at Exina.

"You will pay. Maybe not today BRUTE for Haggard..but someday."

(Alright, The Elder had 3 DP left, he uses this to Shape Land: Forests, before the mountains can destroy anything. Basically countering the Shape Land: Mountains. He then spends 20 FP to gain 2 DP bringing his FP to 10. He spends those two to tie the Divine Combat.)
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2009-05-03 at 02:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420

Exina

Exina gives the Elder a kick before she continues on her way to to the Spark Well. Further lessons will be needed to teach the wretch her position.

The well was dry, a worthless hole in the earth. Exina gathers up a few shiny gems, possible motes of Spark, and turns back to where she came. A light catches her eye, a pillar shining from somewhere in the winding ruins. Exina quickens her pace to investigate.

Exina finds that the pillar of light emanated from an ancient throne room. The mystical light bathes the room. Could this be the Spark the Elder spoke of possessing? Exina reaches out to allow a hand to be bathed in the light, a feeling of power coursing through.