New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation III

Nephyr Tagae - The ever night forest

The god of life looked up to the speaking creator and nodded as the great being finished, he bowed and then he started walking towards the hole in the sky. Satisifed with the advise he had been given. While walking the god of life once more turned his attention to the dreamer.

My apologies, dreamer. I had not forgotten your presence but some matters demanded immidiate attention.

Once again: I have not taken any being from you. Merely given new life to those who sought it from me. I have not sought out, nor do I intend to seek out, the souls of the dead and give life to them. I will only do so if they come to me. The souls that had gathered around your dreamform should still be there and if they are not then they left on their own accord.

Regarding the corruption of the dreamform I must say you are mistaken, when the souls arrive in their new bodies they are no different from any other newborn of that species, except that their souls once lived in a different shape. They can no more corrupt your sons than any other infant or child.

Nephyr Tagae hoped that would clarify matters for the dreamer a bit, he looked around to see that he had reached the Astral sky again and he ventured towards the gathering at the hole. As he did he recieved the message coming in a beam of life. The god of life carefullt took the message in and thoroughly considered it's options and consequences before he sent a reply.

Spoiler
    Show
    I agree, we need strength and unity to protect life from those that would sacrefice it for power. Such an action is a true crime against creation. I will stand by your side

As the returning message flew through the skies back to Kalmah the god of life turned his attention ot the gathered gods at the hole. He studied the fiery passionate one, the questioning one that had rallied them all to the defence of the world and the maker as they stood by the opening.

I too believe that the life in the world needs a tender care. Walk on a trop too often and the seeds of life will be extinguished, water a plant too much and it will drown.

I will aid you in defending the world against those who would do it harm, intentional or not.

Nephyr Tagae then sat down next to the others, prepared to defend the hole should need be and ready to continue his discussion with the dreamer. As he did he felt a nagging in the back of his head, he thought he felt a blight on all life in the world. But he was unsure what it was.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ashen Bastion Basement Deth

Deth looks up from Dor`nath and nods to himself. Thinking to himself, It is a start. Looking around the workshop. I must fix the flaw of Taronachi. I wonder if I can tap into the power of Duma like father and create something that uses the destructive energy, but mean to and in a more focused manner unlike what I have done in the past. Looking around he starts to pace out the room looking down studying the floor. Stopping at what looks like a random spot, he reaches down into the ground and....... pulls. With a shudder the land gives up a little of it's essence, another Dumaqake strikes. They becoming so common now Haggard does not even notice them or gain any pleasure from it any more.

Walking over to the anvil a clockwork already there with the Adamantium sphere, he hands the sphere of Duma to another clockwork as two others take up places beside him. So the forging begins. With sure strikes he forges Sabaton first to cover the feet, that are broad and strong to take the weight of the form that they will carry. Greave start to form next to protect the legs, sharp spikes at strategic points that can be put to deadly use with a well placed knee. For each strike a clockwork takes Deth takes two. The strike of each perfectly placed in the forming of the Faulds to protect the waist and hips. A belt of spikes with points to attach weapons.

Next the Cuirass takes form, its shape and look screaming strength to any and all who see it. Then the two Pauldron are crafted with fine etchings to protect and form the shoulders, their size would denote massiveness of the arms contained within. Rerebrace with spikes running down the back are placed by Clockworks who tighten them into place as Couters with foot long spikes are attached, the articulation of the joint perfect so as not to bind with a bending of the elbow. The clockworks work on the Vambrace as Deth him self work on the Gauntlet himself. Wanting to be sure that they have all the dexterity available that will be needed with the spiked knuckles.

Stepping back he nods to himself, someday he may make a suit such as this for himself, not that he would ever need such, but it does have a deadly beauty that his own form does not have. Now for the head. First a Bevor with a ring of spikes so none could grab the neck and to finish it off an Armet. Stepping back Deth looks at the midnight black Adamantium suit of spiked plate amour, the small gaps in the armour so hard to see due to their small size and the Adamantium's blackness, but for even such a close fitting of the amour each and every joint would articulate perfectly.

Turning back to the anvil the clockworks back away for only Deth could forge the next piece. The heart. Taking up the hammer and for the first time a pair of tongs he begins to shape the sphere of Duma. With slow sure deliberate strike he begins to shape the sphere. Each stroke taken with a deliberate stroke never before seen by anyone that may have watched Deth in the pass. There is no pause for a chose between each stroke, for such a pause would be disastrous. Soon a heart takes shape, once the outer form is complete he places aside the hammer and pulls out a carving tool and begins to carve the internal clockwork of the heart, with just as much concentration. This made the work he did on Dor`nath look like child's play, and compared to this it was. Finally he sets his tool aside and lift up the heart in the tongs and walks over to the amour and slides it through the Cuirass into it's resting places.

He steps back with drawing the tong and watches as the amour shivers and starts to change........
    Last edited by shadowmage; 2009-03-31 at 01:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Isle of Nomads
    The Second Gift was coming. But it was not here, not yet.

In the days after the Grand Patk, the bands began to drift apart, with many an emotion still in the air, until finally the last of them packed up and moved east. The river was deserted and at peace again, and for the bands, life was back to the seasonal normal. Almost. The people roamed their plains for a season more, then... There was news from runners of strangeness. A madman, some said. Speaking strange things, strange words, strange thoughts. Then he came to one band, following the nightlight. Change.

Clad in dusty clothes, with a wild hair, he might first resemble one of the rare straggling travellers who were neither Runner nor band member, the people of the wilderness. His words were fire itself though. He spoke of a great time spent traveling, unceasingly, and a vision. Words, places, things. He had seen the Isle, he said, all of it, and from above. They had been brought there by a god, far above them, to their land of freedom. A god befitting their worship, a benevolent creator who had freed them. He spoke of a coming, of something approaching the Isle from beyond.

Most quietly listened and dismissed him. A few that listened heard truth in his words, and spoke further with him. A very few took up with him, going out to bands, spreading the word of this nameless god. They preached a worship by life -- by the intensity of the throes of passion, by deeds of emotion. They preached everywhere, preached a continued life of travel to those who might grow weary, discouraging staying in one place too long. Words heard around the Isle, slowly.

More from the plains came with time, others bringing tales of visions and this god. Soon, tale from the visions was of a conflict, of a greater nature, something beyond the Isle itself... and tragedy, pain. They claimed they felt the pain. And some believed.
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2009-03-31 at 08:31 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, the Ashen Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by Xuincherguixe View Post
    Gathering of Drow souls

"Just so you understand...." Kalmah appears in a flash, "I don't really hate any of you. If I did, don't you think I would have set you all on fire by now? See, it's a funny thing. I'm here for you. Not just you of course, but I am here to make the world a better place."

(Skipping a bit)

He turns to Haggard, "Oh and by the way? Not that it matters, but I don't hate you either. Pity yes, but I don't hate you."
    For a moment, it would have seemed that Haggard was once again going to lose his cool, not only had that Kalmah entered his castle uninvited, but then tells says that he pities him. Haggard's hand clenches tightly around his staff. Then Haggard gives a silent sigh, and his building rage was gone.

Behind his mask, Haggard locks his golden eyes with that of Kalmah and says

"Pity? I don't need your pity... but your hate... your hatred... is something I can use. You say you don't hate me... very well then... I shall force you to hate me. Let us see then for how long you can pity me when I take every one of your precious morals and throw it back into your face... making you a mockery of everything you stand for..."

With that, Haggard turns his back on Kalmah and proceeds to hobble out of the room. He needs say nothing more... except for a message which only Kalmah heard in his mind

"Let us get started shall we?"

As Haggard is slowly making his way out, the room is filled with strange noises. Many of the Drow souls do not know what to do. Would they believe a god? Of course it was natural that they would be confused, everything they knew was a lie. On one hand they had Kalmah claiming another opportunity, on the other were the devils claiming that Haggard was willing to fullfil everything the Drow race had ever strived for. The situation was very stressful and confusing for the souls.

Then all of a sudden, more noises come from the Machine, and as the bits and bobs of the contraption start to move, everyone in the room notices a huge massive lens appears from within. The lens starts to move slightly, as if it was eyeing everyone in the room, different colours swirling around on.

All of a sudden, every devil in the room start falling on their knees clutching their heads and screaming at the top of their lugs

"STOP IT! I CANNOT STAND IT ANY MORE!"

All of them were pointing and screaming at Kalmah, as a cacophony of wails start to come out from the writhing devils

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD! THE PAIN... ITS TOO MUCH! I FEEL LIKE MY SKULL IS GOING TO EXPLODE! STOP IT! PLEASE SHOW MERCY! ENOUGH! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?"

After that the voices of the devils are reduced to undecipherable gibberish as they trash around on the floor, drooling and delirious from pain. The Drow souls look in horror... was this the mercy that Kalmah was talking about earlier? Was this the extra choice that he had preached? Things were getting more confusing by the minuite, that was until Gazoo managed to get his baring standing up and pointing an accusing finger at Kalmah.

"KALMAH! YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR TRUE COLOURS... WE HAVE DONE NO OFFENCE TO YOU BUT FOLLOW WHAT IS OUR RIGHTFUL FATE AND NOW YOU ONCE AGAIN SEEK TO PUNISH US... IF YOU WON'T LEAVE... THEN WE WILL FORCE YOU OUT!"

And with that, all the devils in the room, roaring furiously, charge at Kalmah, killer intent within their eyes. Amidst the whole uproar, no one can hear the Machine making weird noises... as if it was chuckling. The true question was however, what was Kalmah going to do?

Of course by that time Haggard had already reached his throne room. He focused at what was transpiring within the Machine room with great glee. His vengeance on the fool was about to start. His focus however was disrupted by the eruption of the Spark Well. Truly Haggard had never felt such power before! It was pure, raw and ultimate power... and if anything ultimate power was for Haggard to manipulate.

But Haggard ponders for a moment... remembering a message he had gotten a while back...

"Doom eh? It seems perhaps I shall after all grace the Grind with my presence..."

And with that Haggard was off.

The Ever Night Forest

Once again, a trail of frost can be found in the Ever Night Forest, as once again Haggard makes his way,

"Hello Grind... we meet again..."
    he sneers behind his mask.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Grind, Ever Night Forest

"King Haggard of Otherworld. Greetings. You have came. I expected you. I was worried to miss you."

The stars seemed to glitter, The Grind seemed happy.

"You come with questions. Like my daughter. What are they?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, the Ever Night Forest

"Other...world?"
    replies Haggard as if lost in his thoughts and remembering... then he quickly shakes his head to wake himself of his reverie, and mutters to himself

"... I was too good for that place..."

Then focusing on the Grind he says

"I can guarantee you, that I am hard to miss... and few would ever call a visit from Haggard... pleasant..."

"I have come to discuss this 'doom' you mumbled about a while back. Does it have by any chance to do with the recent disturbance down there?"
    He says pointing towards the world.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Grind

The Stars glittered.

"The first sign of things to come. Nothing more. First, the Chaos will devourer the sky. I tried you see. I tried. Ran Kang, Akmenhotep. A few others. They did not allow for reality to be. They wished only destruction upon the spark. The world's spark. We are one with it."

The starts seemed to show sympathy to Haggard.

"The spark fades, the world dies. They Gods no longer have power. The first sign has shown. Do you not know? I see you know what the Spark Wells are."

The Grind glowed for a moment.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Behind his mask, Haggard's eyes seem to go wide open

"A Spark Well... here... of all the places... in such a young world for that matter..."

Haggard hobbles over, as if to get a better view of what is going on in the world

"Well... I never... I do suppose it was to be expected sooner or later..."
    he says chuckling to himself

He peers into what used to be the great Elven Kingdoms, from where the most ancient civilization used to once stand, a spire of light now remains. Haggard's leers at the destruction of the Elves

"Can't say they didn't have that coming... still we should count ourselves fortunate that this Spark Well is but a minor one... if it wasn't... especially in their hands"

Eager to perish the thought Haggard turns back at the Grind and says

"See fool? This is exactly what happens when mortals are left to do what ever they wish! They meddle with powers which is beyond their simple comprehension and you get... this..."
    he says pointing towards the ruins of the Elves.

"You somehow knew that this was going to happen. That those idiot Elves would try to manipulate a Spark Well for what ever purpose. That means you also knew what it means to have mere mortals use the Spark Well... yet you did nothing... are you trying to destroy us all? I did not escape from the other world only to have this one destroyed right in front of my eyes again from foolish deities!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2009-03-31 at 12:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Grind

Something in the Grind snapped. They sky was ablaze with fireballs that were once calm playful stars. The fireballs collided before Haggard, forming a pillar of flame that calmed, the pillar was then of charred earth.

"FOOL! I did all I could."

The pillar was The Grind.

"You come before me, in my world, in my plane and accuse me of misdeeds? I knew they were coming! Ran Kang's words made it possible! My Foolish son!"

The pillar cracked and small points of white light formed, like stars.

"You are nothing, nothing. I am The Grind. I allow you because you advance creation. I do not destroy. I warned, none listened."

The pillar faded, shattering into a million bits. Each taking their place in the sky.

"Because none listened, because of Ran Kang's foolishness. My elven died, his Amat lived. I bear the sins of my progeny."

The stars flickered and faded as if weeping.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard stood in the middle of the fire storm and yells back

"WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME FOOLISH! YOU WHO CANNOT CONTROL EITHER YOUR MORTALS NOR YOUR SON!"

As the storm dies down, Haggard continues to leer at the Grind

"I am everything... I am here because I alone will it. But I too take no joy in destruction... all too many times that which belonged to me was lost because of destruction... like... her..."

Once again Haggard seems to be trailing off into distant memories, which he waves away; no time to dwell on the past, he thinks to himself.

"If we are to allow destruction to go rampage what will be left for me to rule? Here is my advice Grind... as one who knows what it is to have a child... you claim that your son... Ran Kang is to blame... WELL DISCIPLINE HIM! That is your failing Grind... you are too soft... strike your son with an iron rod... later on he will thank you for it..."

Then his eyes narrow as he says

"For I guarantee you... if you don't do it... I will... and I tell you that Haggard's discipline is far worst than anything you can ever imagine..."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Grind

"Maybe you are right, begone."

The starts seemed, less alive now. Perhaps The Grind was gone. Perhaps he was just thinking. Either way, Haggard could talk all he wanted, The Grind wasn't listening.

Black Sun

The dark sky over the darkest place, a place of shadows and death. A place of parties and glee. The dark sky was lightened, by a small pattern of stars, each like a beam of sun by comparison.

"Slade, SLADE! I have need of your talents."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Not really knowing whether the Grind was gone or still there, Haggard peers once again into the world. He notices a gathering of gods, protecting a hole in the barrier that once forbid the divine from walking on the world. Snorting he says

"Idiots... each and every one of them... look how they are making such a huge fuss about a silly hole... when true power lies in front of their very eyes! No wonder it's their destiny to bow in front of me..."

"... and what is the big fuss about walking on the world? I have been doing it for centuries now... indirectly of course... and it's not that much of a big deal... fools... getting excited about trivial issues while ignoring what truly matters..."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

At the machine
    Pausing a moment, Kalmah laughs at the situation.
    "Oh that's great. Start torturing people and blame it on me."
    He shakes his head from side to side.
    "And of course, there's still no reason to believe me. I could teleport everyone away... but that doesn't prove it's you people. Of course that doesn't prove anything. And as I sit here these people continue to suffer."
    Holding up a the glove of power, light begins pouring out. And the mortals no longer are in agony.
    "I realize that only helps your case, as my actions have led the people to stop suffering after you demanded me to cease doing something I was not. I will not stand idly by well people make choices based on lies."
    Turning towards the Drow, "I was created, by people like you. Because at one point the Drow had such a desire for Justice that they made me. I may not have been particularly direct about it, but it was always my plan to liberate you. Well, I'm here now, offering you at least liberation.

I could use violence to force my opinion on others, like you are used to. As you have been forced to do yourselves, and as you have chosen to do as it suited your purposes. It is all you people know because you were never given any choice. Maybe you think I'm weak."

Kalmah throws Gazoo off in the distance, who had tried to sneak up on him.

"Now I could have just broken his face, but it's not like he had a choice about fighting me either. As always, slaves to the will of Haggard.

What you do with that choice is up to you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

14. - Top - End - #254
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ran Kang

More gods had come to the hole. He could only expect that. His Words rang from the world itself, a creation he had given it so that his most beloved could speak back to him in his own words and speak of his beauty and wonder. And the Words gave him comfort and he knew in his soul that he desired nothing less than the world, all to his own, all to himself and to the other children of The Grind the fury of a forest fire should they stand in his way.

It was he who gifted the world with language, he was the first to lay the green necklace about it shoulders, and he would be the last to dance with its old and tired form. He was Ran Kang and he was the Father of Magic. But the rage he felt…that strange woman who even now stood in silence had said it would destroy the world…he could not have that. These other gods…the other children…many disgusted him with their imperfect form. And he rose from his position and leveled his palm to the hole, to the World, longing to touch it. He heard the voice of the one named Corrupt, and he ignored it though he wished to dance with it on the world.

“How I long to be,
    In meadow groves, clear carp ponds,
    My blessed small child-Kana"

Ran then sat back down in the air above the hole, and removed a pipe from his chest made of his rib.

“Wait for Immaculate Me-Ka.”
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-03-31 at 06:08 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Machine Room

The situation was going from bad to worse for the Drow souls. The devils were spread across the room, but somehow they seemed to be no longer in pain. What was going on? Who was telling the truth? On one side, they had found that everything they believed in was a lie, on the other, came a god, offering them another option. But weren't all gods liars who only used mortals for their own ends? But then again so was the person they used to call King! And what of the devils themselves? They claimed to have ultimate power and immortality, but Kalmah claimed otherwise.

There is a long silence, the only noise heard is an angry sounding noise which the Machine emits. Finally the silence is broken by a single Drow speaking

"It would seem that at the least... your intentions are noble... yet you forget one thing... we are Drow... we have rejected your kind... and though you still show that you care, with care nothing can be achieved... Haggard on the other hand offer us power... something you cannot .. you have the liberty of talking about freedom exactly because you have power... we don't... but by doing this... power will be ours... and with power freedom will be won."

This speech made the other Drow nod in approval, as one by one they start walking into the Machine. These Drow souls were willingly rejecting Kalmah's freedom and choosing power, for if there was one thing that was a Drow was taught since birth, is that might makes right. Malthrae had taken great measures to ensure that.

As the Drow soul make their way into the machine, Kalmah feels something tugging at his shirt. Looking down he sees a little Drow girl

"Please mister... help me..."

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

The machine
    Of course, they had it all wrong. Kalmah didn't have any power at all. He couldn't even show them the truth...

"Yeah, I'll help you..."

This child was seemingly wiser than all the other Drow. Or maybe she just made a lucky guess. While he was glad that at least one of them decided not to give themselves up, it did little to diminish the affect of watching so many willfully choosing such a disastrous path.

He mutters to himself "I have got to find a way to expose Haggard for what he is."

With the little drow girl, who is not particularly creepy, he poofs away. But not before punching a hole straight through the castle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Urus

Urus whispered into the mind of the fate-giver. "Even this is unnacceptable. The foreign dream-forms do not corrupt my other children born with dreamforms native to me, they corrupt the shells you force them to inhabit, for the dreamforms and the bodies they wear are alien to one another. They naturally resist one another, the body longs to be free of the dreamform of other beings, and the dreamform longs to be free of the shell that is native to my mind, so unfathomable to such lesser creatures. The voice directs Nepyhr's attention to a number of his creations who had killed themselves. "All these are results of your tampering. Never before had my children shown this particular affliction of mind and dream-spirit. And if you care not of my own children, look how you touch the other creatures." All over the world, though only a bare fraction of any population, those with the souls of Urus's children were far more likely to suffer from insanity, madness, and paranoia of one form or another. "Let my children only be reborn to other kinds of those with my touch, also let them retain their memories of past-lives, hidden deep within their minds but present should they be clever or intelligent enough to root them out, and thus become more than they might be. Is this agreeable fate spinner?"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, the Ever Night Forest

Haggard had stood silently in the Ever Night Forest for several hours, just peering down to the world. Of course he could have done the same in his own castle, but he lingered on in the forest simply because the Grind had dared to order him to leave... and since no one ordered Haggard, he was still there, standing though it ached him badly. Haggard only leaves when Haggard is damn ready to do so.

Satisfied that he had proven his point, (though its unknown whether the Grind was there to see that point being made) Haggard returns to the Wastelands of Duma.

The Ashen Bastion

Haggard enters the Machine room, to find a small legion of devils, and the mess which Kalmah left. The devils were blabbering to each other, looking at their new forms here and there. Haggard, on a balcony overlooking the huge Machine Room mutters to himself.

"Might as well get started..."
    and banging his staff on the floor, it make a loud echoing noise, to which he yells

"Μay I have your attention slaves..."
    seeing that he did not have everyone's attention he says

"I repeat I will have your attention slaves!
    " the order did get their attention, to which Haggard thinks to himself; lesson to be learned: never give them a choice.

"Right! First line of buisness... fix that hole in the wall! You can thank Kalmah for that one... Once you are done with that, go and build yourself a habitat... for I'll be damned if I let you slimy wretched creatures live in my castle!"

Of course the process of building houses within the harsh environment was an almost impossible task, and yet the devils found that they could not resist Haggard's order, and his order were absolute... they were to start building a city around the Ashen Bastion.

(devils use Tier 2 action, build City, their FP is now at 3)

Just before he left, Haggard slams his staff onto the ground in the Machine room.Once again Haggard was placing his will against that of Duma, and once again he proved stronger. The result was that he forced the room deeper within the core of Duma, connected to a massive labyrinth. He made sure that the room was only accessible by Haggard and those fortunate enough to gain permission from him. Anyone trying to enter without permission would find themselves hopelessly lost within the labyrinth.

Once again, the act caused a massive earthquake to erupt all over the Wastelands, knocking several buildings over, and causing the Ashen Bastion to tilt slightly.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2009-03-31 at 06:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

Ran Kang: The Hole

Though Ran Kang waited and watched the world, he grew bored from waiting for those gods around him to act or not act at all when he noticed his Words used in such flaming might even to blind him. Surely the screaming of his Words had taken place far in the past…but if there were survivors…there –would- be survivors. And he saw the Elder of the Eldern elves, and he spoke in the creatures ear with soft tones, the tones of The True Words*

"Elder of the Little Ones, how cruel your fate must be. Forever living, forever weak…surely you must be scared….surely you must be lonely. In me is love, in me is salvation. Here are the words you sought. Here is the start…and here is the end of what you missed. Blessed are the Little Ones. Blessed are You."

*The Words of Ran Kang (Not finished)
    Spoiler
    Show

Void in cold silence
    Glory is born in the song
    Sing with me Blessed World

In sadness blinded
    Shadows close over still waters
    Still, Blessed World stands
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-03-31 at 09:49 PM.
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Amoa

It was around this time that the Amoa reached the former Elven city. They had established rough settlements in the forest, the Ents making no attempts to unroot them from their places. The hunched, four armed creatures slunk into the city, long double jointed fingers that ended in tapering claws-that was new- wearing dark leather clothes. They slowly advanced through the city, walking with a silence that betrayed their powerful mental abilities. Soon they had gathered in the dark shadows cast by the city around the place where the Eldern remained, observing in silence even as Ran Kang arrived, though too far to hear him speak, their minds kept in check, shielding them from the gods glory, in more ways than one.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-03-31 at 09:47 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #261

Meanwhile...

The gods apparently didn't care about the fact that the War-Hordes of buttmonkeys stole, desicrated and decimated thier precious bodily fluids flocks of mortals. Even more disturbing, was the fact that the buttmonkies in question weren't too stupid. With each new invasion there was a new discovery, a new weapon to be stolen, a new kind of disease to be spread. It was leading to unstupidity, which would inevitably lead to civilization. The god of Annoyance laughed at it all. "I LAUGH at it all! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!" he cackled in his usual, annoying voice "They're too busy fighting to see the crap hittin' the fan! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!". Unfortunately, he had two problems. One was that there were Island civilizations that couldn't be attacked, and thus weren't giving his little spawn new fangled ideas. Secondly was the fact that he was standing next to the grind and ran kang, who heard every word. "Hehe, oopsy poopsy..." He said before disappearing into a cloud of sand...
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

22. - Top - End - #262

Spoiler
    Show
    Walking over to the anvil a clockwork already there with the Adamantium sphere, he hands the sphere of Duma to another clockwork as two others take up places beside him. So the forging begins. With sure strikes he forges Sabaton first to cover the feet, that are broad and strong to take the weight of the form that they will carry. Greave start to form next to protect the legs, sharp spikes at strategic points that can be put to deadly use with a well placed knee. For each strike a clockwork takes Deth takes two. The strike of each perfectly placed in the forming of the Faulds to protect the waist and hips. A belt of spikes with points to attach weapons.

Next the Cuirass takes form, its shape and look screaming strength to any and all who see it. Then the two Pauldron are crafted with fine etchings to protect and form the shoulders, their size would denote massiveness of the arms contained within. Rerebrace with spikes running down the back are placed by Clockworks who tighten them into place as Couters with foot long spikes are attached, the articulation of the joint perfect so as not to bind with a bending of the elbow. The clockworks work on the Vambrace as Deth him self work on the Gauntlet himself. Wanting to be sure that they have all the dexterity available that will be needed with the spiked knuckles.

Stepping back he nods to himself, someday he may make a suit such as this for himself, not that he would ever need such, but it does have a deadly beauty that his own form does not have. Now for the head. First a Bevor with a ring of spikes so none could grab the neck and to finish it off an Armet. Stepping back Deth looks at the midnight black Adamantium suit of spiked plate amour, the small gaps in the armour so hard to see due to their small size and the Adamantium's blackness, but for even such a close fitting of the amour each and every joint would articulate perfectly.

Turning back to the anvil the clockworks back away for only Deth could forge the next piece. The heart. Taking up the hammer and for the first time a pair of tongs he begins to shape the sphere of Duma. With slow sure deliberate strike he begins to shape the sphere. Each stroke taken with a deliberate stroke never before seen by anyone that may have watched Deth in the pass. There is no pause for a chose between each stroke, for such a pause would be disastrous. Soon a heart takes shape, once the outer form is complete he places aside the hammer and pulls out a carving tool and begins to carve the internal clockwork of the heart, with just as much concentration. This made the work he did on Dor`nath look like child's play, and compared to this it was. Finally he sets his tool aside and lift up the heart in the tongs and walks over to the amour and slides it through the Cuirass into it's resting places.

He steps back with drawing the tong and watches as the amour shivers and starts to change........

A shiver rippled through the armor, and two dots of red light shine through the visor of the helmet. The armor, no, the god began to move, testing the limits of its form. The metal screeches slightly as tries out its form. Finally, after what seems an eternity, it stares at Deth. Its spiked gauntlet clenches into a fist, unsure if who Deth was.

Thoughts turned inward, away from its form, now focusing on what it already knew. My name... Knowledge came to him. His purpose was remembered. Ord. The Conqueror. Now remembering Deth is there, Ord stares at him. A threat? A rival? No... He... He is an ally. Memories came to Ord, gleaned from the powerful magic coming from the creation of a god. The moments before his awakening. His creation. He returns his gaze to Deth. His creator.

His happiness at having an already existing ally quickly fades to dour curiosity about why he was created. He, at the minimum, had to aid his creator with whatever task Ord was created for, to repay him of any debt owed by his creation. And that would mean putting off his invasion plans for a few generations... Ord mentally sighs, and gets straight to the point. "Why did you make me, Creator?"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deth Ashen Bastion Basement

Deth looks at the form and nods to himself. I created you to balance a creation by mistake. I wanted to see if I could over come Duma and reach the next level of perfection. With out a word the Sphere of Adamantium is put up by the clockwork. I wished to see if I could create a suit of amour, not that I would ever need such, and see if dead Duma still had power and if I could tap it. Now that you are... For give me. I have flawed. A frown crosses his face. I am Deth the Forge Master, do not call me creator if anything call me brother. For I do see even thought I did make your body and birth you to this place, that you have your own perfection and flaws.

I see in you I have expressed my search for the perfection of battle, for the dance that is death. I will put no bonds on you for what I have done beyond that of friendship and brotherhood if you would consent. I have much to do and so little time and would only ask that if it suits you to help protect my chosen children. I plan to make a protector children to help and protect my children of the craft. But events seem to out pace me. In time I will create them, but till then if you can help them I am sure if you choose a children of your own what mine know and can craft will help them. As I made your body so can my children make bodies of iron for them.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

The mother blinked as she was pulled from the land she had just lovingly created. She felt her body shimmer and retreat to the void. When she opened her eyes again, she was relaxing in the Astral Sky. She looked around but finding nothing interesting, she looked down at the material world.

There lie her jungle and she felt power swirl in her bosom and she realized that now was the time to earn the title she was born with. Focusing she poured most of her energy into the creation of her children, in the jungle below.

It took a long time, hours, days, millenia? Time seemed simply not to matter as the first of her children took shape. They were beautiful in her eyes, with skin ranging from violet to light blue. Instead of hair, each of her daughters had a headcrest similar to her own.

In essence she created them all as images of herself. When she was done she leaned back and sighed. Her labor was done, but now her work had just started.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

25. - Top - End - #265

Nephyr Tagae - The astral sky, sitting by the hole to the world

Nephyr Tagae listened to the words of the dreamer, carefully taking in the message and went over the implications and consequences. He had not predicted that the children of the dreamer would react so violently to the reincarnation. The proposition was good and was not too different from what the god of life had been willing to propose himself. He gathered his thoughts and sent a response:

Your suggestion is acceptable, dreamer. The children of your dreams shall from now on only be reborn as your dreamforms. Their knowledge locked deep in their souls by the might of the spark. Only by learning to control the spark will they be able to access the memories of their past lives.
    In addition, I will keep other dreamforms away from the bodies of yours for their own protection.

He was glad he and the dreamer had started to reach common ground. It was good that most gods were not as unreasonable or arrogant as Haggard. That would have been one annoying existance. The god of life would love to see Haggard being taught a lesson, a proper one that made him realise that he do in fact hold no power over the rest of the gods and he'd do better working with them.

He turned around and looked down on the world, studied how life was developing and growing. Allowed his visions to guide his senses through the lives of mortals. Seeing births and deaths. Playing and working. Teaching and learning. Normally when he studied life like this he felt a certain feeling of serenity, but now he falt something was disturbing that peaceful emotion. It felt like a affliction weighing down his chest, like a great parasite on life itself. Something that was not life, but was not dead.

He looked down on the world, searching with his gaze for anything that felt wrong. It was then he saw something moving. He saw a being, looking very much like one of the elven. The being was travelling across the world, feeding and hunting like a predator. But he could not sense it or see through it's eyes, not feel it's call for the hunt.

Nephyr Tagae saw the vampire hunting, he sensed it was not alive and not dead. Within him he felt a fury bubbling up like never before, he saw a abomination to life. A parasite sustaining it's existance by stealing life from those who had been given it.

He stood up in his anger and looked down on the lone hunting vampire and roared in anger, his booming voice echoing across both the astral sky and the heavens of the world.

All life reaches an apex, grows old and dies! That is the way it is supposed to be. That which has left it's life behind must perish. But this being... it steals life from those who live. To sustain it's existance after it's death. I will not stand idly by and allow this affront to my very essence!

Hear me, you who steal blood to escape your true fate! You drinkers of blood.
    I curse thee! From this moment on that which gives life will forever harm you. Crosssing a stream of water will torment you, letting light touch your skin will burn you and if wood penetrates your unbeating heart you shall learn: That which is dead turns to dust!

Nephyr Tagae let his powers flow onto the world, afflicting all vampires with the curse of the life god. As he stood there, gazing down on the world in fury, he realised that there was nothing he hated as much as the undead.

Spoiler
    Show

Curse Vampires (permission given) 1 dp
    3 - 1 = 2 dp.

Vampires cannot cross a stream of running water without great pain afflicting them
    Vampires cannot stay in the light without suffering from it burning their skin (thus limited to the protection of the dark sun)
    Staking a vampire kills it.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Ran Kang: The Hole

Though Ran Kang waited and watched the world, he grew bored from waiting for those gods around him to act or not act at all when he noticed his Words used in such flaming might even to blind him. Surely the screaming of his Words had taken place far in the past…but if there were survivors…there –would- be survivors. And he saw the Elder of the Eldern elves, and he spoke in the creatures ear with soft tones, the tones of The True Words*

"Elder of the Little Ones, how cruel your fate must be. Forever living, forever weak…surely you must be scared….surely you must be lonely. In me is love, in me is salvation. Here are the words you sought. Here is the start…and here is the end of what you missed. Blessed are the Little Ones. Blessed are You."

*The Words of Ran Kang (Not finished)
    Spoiler
    Show

Void in cold silence
    Glory is born in the song
    Sing with me Blessed World

In sadness blinded
    Shadows close over still waters
    Still, Blessed World stands

Eldern Elder

The Elder shook his head.

"Why? What is the point? I am the only elf left. I am the only one. No more. Only monsters and mutants. They will come for me soon. Oh, blessed dancer. You see the pillar of light? I was granted immortality. I was allowed to live forever. Weak and powerless."

The elder started to sob.

"I have no words. No song. No dance. Please, leave me to my misery."-
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2009-04-01 at 06:39 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

Ran Kang: At the Hole

Ran knew sorrow…he knew the loneliness bred of immortality. He felt compassion for this pathetic form, one who dared

“You can never die…the monsters and mutants will only seek to tear your flesh and you will know only pain. What punishment is that? If it is what you want, I will give it to you, and when you think you are done…I will set you free. Do you not understand Blessed Little One? You can never be alone, for we the Gods shall forever be with you!

Take my Words, and use them as they were meant to, and you shall be taken into charity and love, not hate and revulsion. Let your punishment take its course, but let it be my hand, the hand of the one you truly maligned. Does that not seem fair Blessed Little One? Surely you can see the justice and the hope in such a sentence?

For if it is not I who shall take you in charity, it will be another god, and who is kinder then I the Flame Lord? Who loves all beings as his children, who wish’s only to grant peace and respite to the Worlds children? If not me, Blessed Little One, then a fate far worse awaits you. And I do not desire that for you. I do not desire any more pain, you have suffered enough! Join the Immaculate me, and love this world.”
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Mut - Astral sky

Mut was troubled. What had befallen the Léaram during the cataclysm?
    He hurried across the Astral sky to an area from where he could look down and see the rolling hills in which his people lived.

He saw the great keep that had been built there, he saw the Léaram still there and living. Mut was once more calm, the fate of the elven houses had not befallen the Léaram, they were shaken but not doomed.

Mut spoke to the Léaram.
    You, my people Léaram. I have witnessed the end of the Elven houses. It makes me glad that you had not suffered the same fate, I had dreaded that you too were doomed. I Mut shall give you now my blessing so that you may continue your Elven legacy, for it is so that you are the last of the true Elves.

Mut extended his power upon the Léaram and blessed them with good health and wealthy harvests. So his work was done for now, he left the Léaram and ventured back to the gaping hole of the barrier. He looked at the other gods who where there and said to them:

I have decided that I too shall guard this gate for now, I shall remain here until my duty will demand of me further action in the world.

With these words he sat down next to the hole, on guard.

------
    The Léaram - The rolling hills

Normally the news of the Elven fate would have cast the Léaram into great despair but the news that their god was still guiding them would instead gave them resolve.

House Wynsoun, the leaders of the Léaram, demanded that the remaining tribes were to join the great Léaram commonwealth, under the protection of the keep. Some tribes accepted and joined swiftly, they did not want to be left outside the might of the Wynsoun. Those who would not join were either forced under the leadership or banished to the furthest reaches of the hills.
    Soon all the tribes of the Léaram were united as one people.

This brought the need for further construction and development. Wynsoun ordered the construction of villages by the river senni'rak[/B]. These villages were to provide the people with food.

Spoiler
    Show

Dp action: bless populous. 3-1=2 Dp

Tier 2 action: build agricultural village. Fp +1
    Total Fp: 3+(1+1)=5

29. - Top - End - #269
    Barbarian in the Playground

Astral Sky
    Ehlid stood up, satisifed and tired. It was complete. Now, for one little push...

Isle of Nomads
    It was the fault of the children. Adults were not truly used to the land, but the children... this was their land. Free to roam, free to run, and free to live, they found their own things to play with. On the island, it was natural, inevitable, that they should approach the herds of horses. What began as a dare turned into a game turned into a chase, until the horses, sensing the children grow tired, themselves plenty fresh, slowed, cantering then allowing the children to fall in with them. It was a young girl who first dared to approach one, softly padding her way up to one mare. The first touch was tenative, hesitant. The second was only slightly less. Soon, she was stroking the neck of the creature. The large head turned to look at her, and the voice... [i]Would you like to run with us?[i] The girl's sun-bleached hair bobbed up and down. Gripping fistfuls of hair, she clambered up, sitting proudly on the mare's back. The response was somewhere between a laugh and a shudder, the mare straightning. Then it was off with a gallop into the distance, the child still tightly gripping and laughing with glee.
    That night, the camp was given a fright as the pair came into the nightlight. The youngster gave the mare's neck a hug, then slid down, waving to her mother with a happy look. The looks among the adults was slightly less happy. With a quiet "thank you", the mare galloped off again, leaving the firelight and the young girl to spread tale of the fun she had.

Riding was very much a connection between the rider and the horse. It only worked if the horse was listening and working with the rider, and the rider was feeling through the horse. Just like people, some horses were more independent, and some like to run free. Some of those latter became partners for Runners, helping them travel from band to band that much quicker. The horses had started to become more a part of the lives of the Nomads...

The Isle shook. A shaking from the very foundations of the island, many said. The preachers knew. Some had known before, but they all knew now. It was here.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Haggard, The Ashen Bastion

From his throne room, Haggard looked out of the room's window, the harsh snow storm of Duma battering over the new city that the devils were slowly building. Of course the Ashen Bastion was was devoid of any life save for Haggard. He did not want to share his castle with anyone else. It did not matter that parts of the castle were already falling into disrepair, partly due to Haggard's neglect, and partly due to the harsh conditions on the Wastelands of Duma.

"Oh... right... there is that Deth fellow... I'll get rid of him soon enough..."
    he mutters to himself. This castle wasn't meant for the likes of Deth to walk around, this was Haggard's castle!

Everything he owned he had earned through his sheer cunning and by his authority, his slaves, his land, his castle. He now had it all... Haggard who broke into this world with nothing had it all. At that thought, Haggard reaches into his robes and begins to rummage for something. It was a lie... Haggard did not come into this world with nothing, he came with his one precious item. Haggard brings out a tiny piece of crystal from his robes, the edges jagged and inside it was swirling with different colours.

"Soon... you will see the fruition of all my efforts... just some more patience..."
    and with that he puts the crystal back into his robes.

"... but first... better put the Machine into overdrive..."
    and with that he sends a command to the Machine, which in turn obeys Haggard and starts sending orders to the devils. Indeed, the devils who had sold half their souls found it that they are forced to obey the will of the Machine, which in turn takes orders from the only one who knows it's deactivation password; Haggard.

(DP 1= 3-2, using the weekly charge from the Machine, Greater Bless on the devils get 3, Drow get 1, devil's FP is at 6, Drow's FP is also at 6)

The Drow

The land of the Drow had been floating upon the elemental sea for centuries now, ever since the Grind had cursed them. Since Malthrae had taken control of the Drow, he had used his powers to slowly steer the mighty Drow cities northward, soon he knew, the Drow land would finally reach it's final destination where the mighty Drow Empire would grow... all thanks to Malthrae's reign of course.

Yet another city was being built, soon the land that the Drow had would not be enough. That is one of the disadvantages of expanding rapidly. Malthrae had to start planning ahead, would the Drow expand their land themselves? Or would they take they conquer the lands of others? Only time will tell.

(Use Tier 2 action: Build City, Drow are at 7 FP now)