New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Warhammer 40k RP OOC

Okay, here's where we'll discuss roleplay, all the OOC stuff.

Our crew:
    Night Surgeon: Chaos
    Mike_the_mystic: chaos
    Contradictum: Chaos
    Minion: Inquisition
    Greystone: Imperial Guard
    Rayzin: Imperial Guard
    Ganurath: Tau traitor guard
    the_glyphstone: Techpriest

Here's the map from the orbital scale, except the river is thinner. I drew this on paint as a rough draft, so please don't flame This is for unit placement, so I'll place this in this thread and we'll RP where we'll allcoate units in the IC thread.

The red is where the chaos is, the red dotted line is the chaos front line, the black dotted line is the imperial doted line, the area between is no mans land, the grey things are bridges, the yellow is imperial, the yellow circles are imperial defences, the brown are Imperial Artillery Batteries. The light green close to the top are farms and high grass.

Spoiler
    Show

Repost your revised characters here please.

Here is the IC link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...38#post6272038
    Last edited by zergling001; 2009-06-11 at 09:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k RP OOC

Question: Are my cells scattered throughout due to the decentralized nature? Also, what's the gray area to the south?

Reposted Character data includes:
    Name: Jakob the Vein
    Appearance: A middle-aged man dressed in a patchwork mockery of a governor's attire, Jakob's most distinctive feature are the prominent pulsing veins on his temples. He is naturally bald, with what remainded of his hair being shaven off.
    Race: Water Caste Gue'la
    Personal Gear: Power Sword, modified Pulse Rifle adjusted to a more compact size (Pistol,) and a remote for the drones. See below for that last one.

Warband: Jakob keeps tabs on a score of rebel militia cells, armed with stolen IG gear and using patchwork armor. The total headcount of the cells are a little under two thousand, including the better-equipped cell leaders that are in regular contact with Jakob, being the only ones who know about him or his loyalties. One of his more successful cells recently acquired a pair of Basilisks, while another managed to salvage a Rhino transport. Jakob doesn't have any apparent personal attendents, but he has a sniper drone and multiple shield drones in his hideout, along with about a dozen Gue'la Stealth Warriors.

Bio: Jakob was once a Sergeant in the Imperial Guard. When his unit was surrounded by Tau forces, he had his men surrender peacefully. He was open minded and articulate, which helped him to become a functional member of the Caste system. Due to his military background, and more importantly being the local species, Jakob was selected to lead a stealth force in infiltrating a divided hive world and help acquire it for the Greater Good. Through speaking with the leaders of minor cells, and in more regretable cases tactical assassination, Jakob has gotten the loyalty of various gangs and rebel interests that oppose both the Imperium and the forces of Chaos.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Question: Are my cells scattered throughout due to the decentralized nature? Also, what's the gray area to the south?
    You don't planetfall yet, you arrive on the gray area, whcih is rubble and urban ruin. You attempt to hide your forces and compact them as much as possible to attract the least attention.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zergling001 View Post
    You don't planetfall yet, you arrive on the gray area, whcih is rubble and urban ruin. You attempt to hide your forces and compact them as much as possible to attract the least attention.
    Uh-huh... Does my force being almost exclusively drawn from locals conflict with this much?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Since oyu are a propagandist, you attract locals, who slip away to meet in the ruined area, unless you had something else in mind. They hide there to pounce I guess.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Commander Jonas Lance
    Appearance: Male, late thirties, pitch black hair, entire right side replaced with cybernetic replacements.
    Race: Loyalist Human
    Personal gear: Lance has a cyberntic eye, leg, arm (all mastercraft). He has a mastercraft powersword and a plasm pistol.
    Warband: Lance Chosen- over 800 Penal Legion Troopers (Their Cannon Fodder)
    500 Chosen Veterans (The real deal
    8 Chimera's
    9 sentinels
    4 Lemon Russes

Bios for your character-
    Commander Lance was always a brave soldier, and when he lost most of the right side of his body to enemy plasma fire, it never crossed his mind to be mustered out.

He quickly rose in the ranks due tro his intelligence, strength and bravery. Then, in one battle, he saw the Last Chancers. These Penal Legion soldiers had fought under a Colonel Schaffer for months and they went to lengths that no other soldier would fathom to earn their "Last Chance".

That gave Lance an idea. He went about the same way as the Colonel, except one thing... he showed that he cared for the men. While Schaffer used bribery and fear to run his legion, Lance used human decency.

Many tried to take advatage, but more often than not his own soldiers took care of troublemakers. He spent years molding the men into a fanatically loyal fighting force. These men, known as the chosen men, are Lance's elite, nad very well trained. He also has many other non-chosen, and if they survive, thye can learn to become chosen one day as well.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

You guys can post in the IC if you didn't notice up top.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...38#post6272038

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zergling001 View Post
    Since oyu are a propagandist, you attract locals, who slip away to meet in the ruined area, unless you had something else in mind. They hide there to pounce I guess.
    I was referring more to how I'd only have a baker's dozen upon planetfall, myself included. Well, double that with the drones, but still... Perhaps the contacts with sympathetic parties were established prior to arrival?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

Greystone read this.

Also posted this up there a while ago.

Name: Lucifer, Shepherd of the Plauge
    Appearance: Lucifer is dressed in green Power armor classical to those of Death Guard. Decaying flesh is draped on his back as a cape and across his armour there is a chain of molding skulls. Inside the armor Lucifer does not appear anything like a champion of Nurgle, his flesh is not covered in boils or decayed. Instead it looks frail, the skin is stretched tight against his bones where the large muscles make him look truly scary. His eyes are sunken and dark, while veins pop out all over his bald head and cover him head to toe. He seems to be nothing but skin, bones, and the ungodly amount of muscles all space marines have. Although he has such a gaunt appearance he is in fact more powerful than a normal space marine, Nurgle has granted him the powers of a incredibly resilient body and regenerative powers. He can recover from any wound that doesn't kill him outright.
    Race: Lucifer leads the Sabbats Cauldron
    Personal gear: Lucifer is dressed in a suit of artificer armor, he caries with him a scythe is covered in a potent poison from the blood of others that coats the blade. This poison does not kill though, instead it turns one into the likeness of Lucifer, the diseased mans skin will shrivel and soon die off. He also carries a plasma pistol with him.
    Warband:
    There are 200-400 fanatical cultists that claim membership to the sabbat, mostly they are cannon-fodder and easily cut down but they serve some measure of service.
    There are moderate amounts of vehicles, mostly just chopped up jeeps or trucks. Although the Sabbat does have some high powered weaponry like mortars, Lascannons, and autocannons these are all reserved for the elite guards. The elite guards are true Traitor Imperial Guards instead of fanatical cultists, although there are only 300 they have some measure of power granted by Nurgle and are slightly more durable than normal imperial guard. The only problem is they lack the amount of equipment that the true Imperial Guard have. At the very crux of power are the witches and sorcerers, each one is a Death Guard space marine. There are 13 in all. Lucifer and his three body guards(who aren't very special at all) are the elite command squad. There are also 2 priests who command the cultists and constantly recruit new ones. There are also 3 commanders who each take control of 100 true Sabbat Members, and 4 sorcerers although only one has any real power.

-800 Fanatics
    This is the near constant number of true fanatical neonates to the Sabbat who have survived for a few months. Most of the other some hundreds are not true believers. They would not sacrifice themselves or they don't truly believe yet, they are not fit to be looked upon by Nurgle. Equipment is quite varied but most of these older fanatics have some spot of power and are usually servants for the true members (The Imperial Guard). They do most of the maintenance and small sentry duties.
    500 Traitor Imperial Guard, Sabbat Members
    - 125 Shock Troopers
    -25 officers
    -25 Chimeras
    - 5 Rhinos
    -5 Valkyries
    -2 Earthshakers
    13 Witches
    -Lucifer, Shepherd of the Plauge
    -3 bodyguards
    -Satanica, Priest of the Plauge
    -1 Other Priest
    -Cruxis, Sorcerer
    - 3 Other Sorcerers
    Last edited by Contradictum; 2009-06-11 at 10:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was referring more to how I'd only have a baker's dozen upon planetfall, myself included. Well, double that with the drones, but still... Perhaps the contacts with sympathetic parties were established prior to arrival?
    That's fine. RP it in teh IC

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Contradictum View Post
    Greystone read this.
    I did, the cannon fodder is at 800!
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

12. - Top - End - #12

If possible i would like to set up our Center of Operations on the flat lands up north. Not to far from the city but somewhere a good spot up there.

And I will also be using alot of sacrifices for our crazy Chaos rituals or for our members amusment so i can assume the area around our base is devoid of life and has the, head on spike with don't enter sign sort of thing going on.

EDIT: Many apologies, i thought you could only have 500 units in total.
    Last edited by Contradictum; 2009-06-11 at 10:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's fine, though there are several small and tiny villages missed by orbital bombardment. You can raid those ^^

14. - Top - End - #14

Most likely my crazy warband will set up in some large village. They try to convert people, then pillage the place, then set up their base in the shell of the former town.
    Last edited by Contradictum; 2009-06-11 at 10:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now to wait for the rest of the crew...

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Night Surgeon: Can I assume that the militia being attacked aren't mine since they aren't Imperial, or is the Chaos guy making unsupported assertions?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Night Surgeon: Can I assume that the militia being attacked aren't mine since they aren't Imperial, or is the Chaos guy making unsupported assertions?
    The regular little pockets of resistance that are those who are hiding in Chaos, the little remnants of the former denizens of Reich, turned survivor. We found some of them, and now are going to kill them for the blood god. Basicly NPC's to kill until everyone is ready for combat.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    The regular little pockets of resistance that are those who are hiding in Chaos, the little remnants of the former denizens of Reich, turned survivor. We found some of them, and now are going to kill them for the blood god. Basicly NPC's to kill until everyone is ready for combat.
    Just make sure said NPCs are toward the northern or western ends of Chaos territory, to avoid confusion with the GM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Just make sure said NPCs are toward the northern or western ends of Chaos territory, to avoid confusion with the GM.
    Kay. To be honest I wanted to just plain bum rush everyone with all my units, but I'm not Tyranid, so I cant quite do that.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

Name: Phlegethon the Harbinger
    Appearance: He's male, And Here's a general picture of him via games workshop!
    His Second-In-Command, Archeron the Doom-Weaver, is a Sorceror, Male, and looks like this, except with a Disk of Tzeentch as his chaos mount.
    Race: Chaos Space Marines
    Personal gear: Phlegethon has power armor, A bolt pistol, An axe (close combat weapon), Frag Grenades and Krak Grenades
    Acheron has Power Armor, a Force Sword, A Bolt Pistol, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades and a Disk of Tzeentch.
    Warband:
    Sons of Chaos, Invasion Force Alpha
    • 5 squads of Chaos Space Marines
    • 4 Raptor Squads
    • 1 Terminator Squad
    • 2 Chaos Bike Squads
    • 3 Defilers
    • 2 Chaos Dreadnoughts
    • 1 Chaos Lord
    • 1 Sorceror
    • 1 Space Hulk

Bios for your character: Phlegethon the Harbinger was once a Great Hero of the Imperium, a warrior with great renown for his victories for the Imperium, as well as his almost heretical hatred for chaos. Countless battles on innumerable worlds were one by his name. But his faith in the Imperium began deteriating after a Crusade against chaos in the Ceti Almaga system. Their the people worshipped Nurgle, and were relatively peaceful until His chapter came and destroyed them. The massacre led to him questioning the imperium's truths on the inside. His faith was diminishing, but he still fought. His last conflict brought him to the Planet Naelus Prime, where he fought against warriors of Tzeentch. His victory was, as always, great, but before he killed the Head Sorceror of the planet, he asked him "Why do you worship this god? He is one of schemes, ambition, backstabbing? Why?". The Sorceror replied "Because he's also the god of...hope..." Phlegethon then killed him, but he was already descending into the chaos. He climbed the highest peak and proclaimed "Damn the Imperium, and Damn the Emperor!". He and his chapter then became the Sons of Chaos, and pledged their allegiance to Chaos Undivided. As their first act of faith, the Sons turned Naelus Prime into a Daemon World. He has been on the run ever since, fighting the Imperium and gaining troops. His Base of Operations is a small Feral Planet in a system near Reich, where he gets his fresh troops and a place for reprieve between campaigns. When he saw that Reich was unprotected, he took the oppertunity to call other chaos legions and begin the assault from atop Reich's Moon.
    Here's something you may not have considered: being torn asunder HURTS.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to be gone till Sunday, so I shall see you then.

- SurlySeraph

22. - Top - End - #22
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Name/Rank: Archmagos Kinatazi, Magos Xenologis
    Race: Human (sort of)
    Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus (Imperial)
    Appearance: Wears a flowing red cloak with a hood at all times, concealing most of what remains of his fleshy components. His face is pale and wasted, with lips sewn shut and both eyes replaced with bionic implants that glow red under the hood's shadow. A metallic voicebox attached to his throat provides vocal communication. Both arms are mechanical replacements, and his body from the waist down has been replaced with a set of four spiderlike, multijointed robotic legs. Holes in the cloak allow for two mindlinked mechadendrites to protude from his shoulders.
    Personal Wargear: Power armor, bionics, mechadendrites, plasma pistol, power weapon (hammer). Accompanied by servitor bodyguards. Various xenotech equipment that he keeps stored away for experimentation and tinkering.

Warband:
    Kinatazi commands a battalion of approximately four hundred Skitari, the elite cyber-enhanced foot soldiers of the Adeptus Mechanicus. They are backed up by roughly a hundred combat servitors, along with an equal number of non-combatant drones of various forms. Kinitazi's personal bodyguard consists of four praetorian servitors - one with a heavy bolter, one with a rare and devastating plasma cannon, and two bearing servo-enhanced power fists. The battalion's personal transport, the AdMech Emperor-class battleship Glory of the Omnissiah, looms overhead in orbit, its hold storing the Rhino transports used to deploy the batallion from location to location and a single priceless Knight, Imperator Vulcanis.

Background: Kinatazi has spent nearly a hundred years in the service of the Omnissiah, specializing in the area of analyzing and sometimes reverse-engineering captured xenotech to better defend the warriors of the Emperor against the foul alien. Having traded away more and more of his humanity as he ascended in rank, the Archmagos is a coldly analytic and emotionless shell,capable of hundreds of lightning-fast calculations but utterly unable to compute the tactical value in retrieving a pinned-down infantry squad compared to abandoning them during a retreat. He has come to Reich in pursuit of a rumored hidden stash of archaotech somewhere near the capital city, and scattered reports of xenos sympathizers lurking amongst the chaos with valuable equipment to capture and examine.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

It appears Minion isn't in, so we'll try and get another Imperial player. When rayzin posts, we shall continue.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry for late posts.

Name: Commisar Xie Zhang
    Appearance: The commisar is not very large but a very formidable figure. He stalks the battle field and "inspires" the storm troopers to kill even more xenos. He wears the classical commisar uniform, red cap with a skull and black yellow robes.
    Race: Imperial Guard
    Personal gear: A Power Fist and a plasma pistol. He's scary enough to be a trademark item by just being himself. The commisar holds a crimson medallion for being able to take fatal wounds and continue to fight, he also carries a refractor shield just so he doesn’t take to many fatal wounds.
    Warband: Commisar Xie Zhang leads the Cadian 521st Airborne Shock Battalion. His fleet consists of one Retribution Class Battleship and 3 Firestorm class escorts. He has 7 companies of storm troopers, each one fielding 7 platoons and 3 commisars with 3 plasma turrets and 3 heavy bolter weapon support. Each company also includes 5 Valkyrie drop ship. The Commisar personal command squad includes 4 veteran sergeants. There are 12 Lightning air superiority fighters, one Aquila transport, and one Marauder Destroyer.
    Bio: Commisar Xie is THE commisar to watch out for, he has no problem executing as many cowards or traitors as he wants and he enjoys it, his storm troopers are perfectly loyal and obedient. The Commisar loves killing so much he killed his a whole company of soldiers once to get them to charge as the General had commanded. At some point his old regiment was too small and folded into the Cadian 521 Airborne. The Airborne is consisted of only veterans, simply because you died at the first jump if you weren't, and specialized in breaking enemy lines from behind with vicious assaults backed by a torrent of heavy bolter rounds and grenades. The 521st is a relatively new regiment and had only gone through one planet side campaign.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2009-06-16 at 09:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Lovely, a psychonuts commissar. Why couldn't we get someone more like CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM?

26. - Top - End - #26

I do hope that all those who are chaos respond to my heartfelt fireside chat.
    Ponified Diablo 3 Monk granted to me by Akrim.Elf, a thousand blessings be to her!

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Diablo 3 Monk avatar blessed upon me by CrimsonAngel, and his awesome art skillz.

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    Lovely, a psychonuts commissar. Why couldn't we get someone more like CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM?
    Yeah but aren't all commissars bat**** insane.

28. - Top - End - #28

You mean you haven't read the glorious and completely factual autobiography of CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM? His story is practically dripping with Commissars who could be easily mistaken for human beings. Not reading CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM is heresy. Or treason. Or both.

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Contradictum View Post
    Yeah but aren't all commissars bat**** insane.
    I think the term is "Zealous".

Former Avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Classes, 3.5
    Zealot
    Tinker

30. - Top - End - #30

Wait so is your last post an event? I don't understand.