New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: delete

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tibby's LARGEST DUNGEON (IC Thread)

Hilgut

As he falls through the portal into the darkness, Hilgut can't help but think that maybe he is dead. He hears noises around him but soon realises other people are stepping through the portal. Relieved, he follows behind the one with the magic lamp.

He follows quietly, but stops when he sees the huge beast. He ***** his head to the side, trying to recognise the creature under all the blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    nature - (1d20+5)[16]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Hilgut
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your knowledge of nature reveals nothing of what this creature is. Your not even sure if this is something from the natural world

OoC ( As for the Appearence of it. It looks to be a [huge] Humanoid man. )

Sitting next to the slain body you see a massively oversized [huge] Halberd and an exceptionally large hemp bag [Medium]

John
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look about the door. You notice the lack of a handle, but from the way the hinges are attached the door seems to push inwards

3. - Top - End - #33

Hilgut

Spotting the bag, Hilgut creeps toward it, then searches through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    search - (1d20+2)[13] (in case there is something hidden in it)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Hilgut
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inside the bag you see a stack of papers roughly the size of your chest, if not a tad larger. You also find some rotten meats and a few gold coins the size of your head.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Seph]

"Oy!" He calls out to the rest lagging behind. "It's safe if you want to come closer!" The monk wasn't about ready to progress forward without the rest. Within this strange realm of true mystery, and oddness. Especially as the items which he saw around him, excluding the door, seemed oversized--as if he had shrunk.
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

(Damn you all and your silly American time zones.)

Dero

Coming out from the portal Dero also walked forward, stopping briefly to say a prayer of condolance over the huge man.

Turning to Hilgut he says "barely in and you're already looting the possessions of a dead man"?

He then continued down towards John's location without waiting for a reply, his quarterstaf clacking aainst the ground with every second footfall.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

7. - Top - End - #37

Hilgut

"Well, think about it, the fact that he hasn't been looted by whatever killed him is interesting. The foods all rotten, so he's probably been dead a while. If a trap killed him, it probably would have gotten him too." He indicates toward John at the end of the hall. "So, whatever killed him wasn't interested in taking his stuff."

"And besides, looting implies there is anything worth taking. I mean look at this." He pulls out one of the coins. "How are we going to carry something like this around?" He spins the coin around on the ground. He does take another moment to inspect the papers.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Hilgut**
    Spoiler
    Show
    You ruffle through the 200 or so nody sized papers. Difficult to lift them all you dig through only a handfull at a time. On each you relise its written in some foreign tounge *

** ( Disregard the name, and ALL PCs read it, the names will just help specify the exact patron recieving the info from now on )

*( If you dont know giant, tough luck )

9. - Top - End - #39

Hilgut

The goblin quickly gives up reading the papers. "Well, Mr. Thing, I hope you fought well and rest now in your eternity." Hilgut then follows after John and the others.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Todath

After starring at the giant corpse for a second Todath makes his was to the door, stopping briefly to glance at the papers found by Hillgut but finding himself unable to decipher them.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

General
    Spoiler
    Show
    The door looks to be made of pure wood, no iron braces or add-ons. The door is hanging by only a single hinge as the other is damaged by rust and use. The door has some cracks and warps in it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

John

Well, John is going to kick in the door, ready with his whip in case of attack.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

"kick in the door" style of play. Good call

General
    Spoiler
    Show
    You peer into the room. With your ample lighting and natural sights you can see the entirety of this area. Its a completely featureless square room (dimensions: 75x75 ) With both a closed door to the southwest and northeast (upper north to the left, and lower south to the right. * )

* (hilgut I think? well whoever is the mapper this is the start of region one, from here on out I suggest you map, and I ask you supply a map with each new room ASAP. So if you can try to stay on a room X by description basis.)

As a side note I ask for simplicities sake you us w/e mapping program you will be implying as well as the PDF of Worlds Largest Dungeon. Partly due to the fact my descriptions of dimensions suck, and this map gets pretty weird later. Also anyone who supplies a Picture of your character to Hilgut?- The mapper, will recieve a bonus magic item ( which will be suggested and implemented at my descretion within the game at a time I deem worthy )

( Also "mapper" I will be giving you the bonus I mentioned at the end of each "leveling step" if you keep to mapping swiftly and accurately.)
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-03-02 at 04:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

John motions to the others to follow with that odd "It's okay" look on his face.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

bump in the name of the god-king tibby!!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Seph]

The monk was perhaps one of the first to slip through the door. Still he kept to his silent movements. He knew that with the light shining around his shoulders he would stick out like a Balor's Wing on a Deva in this darkness--but it wouldn't stop him from progressing like a cat, and watching the environment around him as best his human, sapphire eyes could.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+7)[22]
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

17. - Top - End - #47

Mappy

Spoiler
    Show

The coordinates are odd for a very valid reason It's easier for me to put the one huge map down and expose as we go, rather than cutting and pasting each little section of the map. I have the player version of the areas, so I don't know exactly what's in a room.

FF has so far been the only one to link a pic. I was also tempted to give both monks the same token

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

General
    Spoiler
    Show
    The room is entirely featureless. There are scuff marks on the finely shaped cobblestone flooring, as if from alot of movement in or out of this area. However nothing else of note. The doors that sit on both the south western and north-eastern sides of this room are made of wood with iron frames and hinges. They seems untouched and in great condition. There are at least 5 unlit torches on the walls.

(thanks mappy. If you can keep a somewhat constant pace I will be sure to give you that minor reward shortly near the end of this region. Where as everyone else who DOES pick a token out before midday tomorrow can pick a ( cheap-ish... no more then say 4000gp ) magic item and I will be SURE to have it appear some time soon.[rather then much much later or be a random item you may or may not benifit from )
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-03-02 at 10:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

John moves forward tenatively, drawing a second sun rod from his belt, and keeping his whip dagger at the ready should things turn nasty as he moves to the north door.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

When Deno enters the room, and sees no-one in there he will simply stand to one side, happy to let the others search around.

(OOC: So DMT, what's my incentive to give our mapper a picture? I can't use magical items after all. Hmmmm?)
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

( OoC: Ah yes, well you will know me to not be an entirely fair DM. I do suggest you give mappy a pick so as to have a nice avatar, but ultimately your incentive [4k] will be distributed throughout the dungeon. [as food, supplies, rope, jewels, etc] )

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: You make a persuasive argument. I would have given him one anyway just so I'm not left out, but now, free food is sounding pretty good. I'll link him it today.)

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

(OoC: Food does seem more advantegeous rather then godl to him. However I figured I will ask everyone who DOES give mappy a picture that instead of sugesting a 4000gp item to only suggest a 2000gp item instead. ) ( Where as I will be making the dungeon full of "more food" instead of giving you your actual item K.B. if that sounds acceptable?)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

John will attempt to open the north door with his right hand still on his whip dagger ready to snap it out at the first sign of danger.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

John reaches out his left hand. The door seems not to move at first, until it becomes apparent the door only pushes inward....

Inside
    Spoiler
    Show
    ( Room A2 for mappy ) As long as you stand on this side of the doorway the room beyond swallows all light, natural or magical. Not even those with stronger eyesight(darkvision) can see within.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmm, that a rather odd development... I've never been one to fear the dark though, so I shall go forward unto dawn!"
    John will motion for the others to follow, and use his left and that is no longer pushing the door, to activate a sun rod, and walk through the door way.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Into the Darkness
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Sunrod glows bleakly in this otherwise vast room. Although the lighting along with the shadowy illumination lights up the entire room, it carrys a feel of gloom to it. Two more iron clad doors in sight, one straight ahead of you the other some feet of to the right of that one. The silence is broken by a cough in the distance. Off to the west. A second cough is followed by that. You can see just at the edge of your bright illumination three medium green skinned warriors. Orcs to be exact. Sitting around a pile of bags, armor, and other miscelanious gear. They only stare, none of them get up from their squatting position to bother you.

28. - Top - End - #58

Hilgut

The bard is either brave or stupid, Hilgut thinks, but, sometimes they are the same... Nevertheless, he seems to be inspired by the young man and keeps close to his heels. He pauses at the door after John walks through. He isn't gifted with the dark sight his smaller cousins have, but after seeing John disappear into the inky blackness he realises it probably wouldn't help. Taking a deep breath, he follows in.

Mappy McMapster
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me know where orcs are. I'll fix it all up in the morning *yawn*

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

John a little doubtful of weather or not these orcs are real, as from his VERY basic knwoledge of them they always had a tendency to attack those who intrude on their territory

(I disbelieve!)
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[15]

If I make the save, and they are illusional: Then John chuckles to himself about wizards, and their mind games, and proceeds to check the room for hidden things
    (1d20+4)[8]

If I don't make the save, or they are real: John readies himself for combat, using his whip dagger to attempt to trip what may be the nearest one, but his vision is kind of blurred so it may be any of them.
    (1d20+3)[18] touch attack
    and trip roll
    (1d20+10)[22] (+1 weapon focus, +1 dex, +4 trip weapon, +4 improved trip.)

Init
    Spoiler
    Show

[roll]1d20+1[/roll]

As he advances 30ft towards them he starts breaking it down, with a snap of his whip he begins to sing as he dances
    "Oh, baby where are the oldies they used to play
    Oh, baby you want to crawl back into yesterday
    You don't want to deal with the future
    You don't want to make any plans
    Oh, baby, all you wanna do is dance
    Oh, baby, all you wanna do is dance !"

Dance, and sing checks
    Spoiler
    Show

[roll]1d20+9[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+9[/roll]
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-03-03 at 02:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

OoC: I will wait till
    1. Mappy has put the orc tokens in their spots
    2. You all post your moves/attacks/init.

ooC: Be aware non of you can hear or see the above stuff ( thats right, cant HEAR it ) until you pass through the doorway.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2009-03-03 at 12:05 PM.