New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ride that Pony

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ride that Pony

Keitaro Kenji

"No problem, partner." Keitaro laughed good naturally and smacked Hiroshi on the back. "You been working with ranches long..." The big burly man stopped mid sentence to glance down at Gallop, who had joined him. "Hey, aren't you 'that guy', the horse racer guy? Short, Irish, and they call you 'The Leprechaun'- although not to your face I'm sure." He stammered.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Hiroshi (Hiroko Fujii)

Hiroshi took Keitaro's good natured smack a little poorly; He (she) jerked a bit and he (she) carefully increased the distance between him (her) and the other two. He (She) was glad that Keitaro seemed more interested in the short Irishman.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh. Well at least you can work on them. Thunder has a hurt leg I think. He's been limping a lot..." Ryouta starts but suddenly gets quiet when Umeda says that. His eyes get wide but he tries to conceal it before any of the other guys see before they all leave. He clears his throat and takes a step back.

"I- um, I'm not sick or anything, so I don't need a doctor!" He backs until his back is against a tree and watches Umeda.

---

Hiroshi, Keitaro, and Gallop make it across the field to the stables, where they're greeted by a mix-bred dog, his tail wagging and he's panting.

Umeda and Ryouta are the only ones around the front of the house at the moment and no one can see them.

---

"Well, slap me twice and hand me to my mama, it's Toby!" San comes across the kitchen to give Toby a hug and a slap on the back. "I ain't seen you in years, how's it been? Find a nice woman?" She watches him then cracks up. "Or man?"
    Games:
    He Is My Master - Sakura Urameshi.
    Jinenji and the Sword that Cuts Sky! - Yoshiko Watanabe.
    I'm on a Boat! - Youko Tskuki.
    Ride that Pony.
    This Old Malibu Dream House - Harmony Bear.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Umeda

"So you think you are a man do you? Well to me you are all boys and I am looking for a man. No need to worry about me. I already know a few secrets if you are real nice to me, I mean real nice, I just might tell them to you."

Umeda moves a small step closer with each of the words in the last statement. At the end his ears twitch and he starts to laugh.

"Show me your horse, boy. I will tell you what is wrong with him. Hope we don't have to put one down already."

Umeda starts to look businesslike.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Toby Announced

Toby smiles seeing San and hugs her back, "Yes and no... lots of nice men who are attracted to celebrity and are good for some fun... nobody though who wants to just settle down to a nice, quiet, boring life with an ordinary guy who wants kids." He winks, "Don't tell me you're finally available."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Hiroshi (Hiroko Fujii)

Hiroshi (Hiroko) knelt down and offered a hand to the dog. He (she) looked around and noticed that there were 3 guys (2 guys, 1 girl) at the stables.

"Kid said two at the house. I'll go."

Hirsohi (Hiroko) walked over to the house. He (she) leaned in the doorway, not bothering to remove his (her) sunglasses. He (she) cleared his (her) throat so that San and Toby would notice him (her).

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Toby Announced

Toby looks over, smiling... there is obviously some banter going on between Toby and San. "Hello again, Hiroshi isn't it?" He gestures to San, "Meet the best cook in all the land, her name is San and she's the man!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Hiroshi (Hiroko Fujii)

And I thought working retail in highschool would be the worst job I ever took.

"Right. Hi. What needs to be done?" Hiroshi (Hiroko) wasn't in the state of mind for jokes. He (she) just wanted to get on wit hit.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Toby Announced

Toby nods, "I was just checking with San... apparently we have two on house duty. What needs to be done, San?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gallop Poll
    Leprechaun? Well you're right bags on being friendly with people, eh Keitaro? Well we can rabbit on later.

Gallop continues attending the horses.

11. - Top - End - #41

Keitaro Kenji

"Oh man, I've got no idea what you're talking about." Keitaro said with a chuckle, opening the door to one of the horses pens and letting it out, taking hold of their reign and walking them out to the field. "We'll let this good boy run around a bit." He said, petting the horses mane.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No, no, I don't think I'm a man." Ryouta stares at the doctor for a few minutes, a little surprised.

Did he say he was looking for a man? Like, a boyfriend?

"Oh, yeah, um... He's right in the stable, the second one. I'll show you." Ryouta scrambles past the doctor and starts toward the stable.

He walks silently until they reached it, then he sighs in relief at the other boys in there. He smiles at Keitaro's toned form.

"He's over here." Ryouta leads Umeda to the black and white horse named Thunder who is in the corner of the stable but painfully makes his way to the front when he sees Ryouta. Ryouta pets the horse's huge head and looks at the doctor.

"I really hope he'll be okay," He looks at Umeda hopefully, his eyes shining. It's obvious that this horse, if not all of them, really means a lot to the boy.

---

San throws a dishtowel over one of her arms and claps her hands together. She slaps Toby on the butt.

"Well, let's get to work. One of you ladies can sweep around the house and the porch and one can clean individual rooms. Don't matter to me, I'll be in here." San stirs some big pot of something on the stove. "Just have most of it done before the boss gets home, he gets grouchy sometimes." She rolls her eyes.
    Last edited by DaburaMiyao; 2009-03-14 at 04:19 PM.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Hiroshi (Hiroko Fujii)

"I'll take the porch." Hiroshi (Hiroko) then got to it.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill: (1d6)[6] x3.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Umeda

Umeda walks over to the horse and looks at the horse's leg.

"Don't worry, boy. The horse will be fine. It is just a sprain. Put some ice on it to reduce the swelling and don't make him put any weight on it for a few days and he will be fine. Make sure you talk to me before riding him or having him carry anything."

Umeda pats the boy on the back and pushes back his hair.

"You worry too much about the horses. You should worry more about the boys. You are like fresh meat to them."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Toby Announced

Toby smiles at San, "Your wish is my command." He goes and begins cleaning rooms.

Skillful Cleaning: (1d6x3)[12]

He will save Ryouta's room for last, and look about discreetly as he cleans to see if his suspicions about the boy are correct.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #46

Keitaro Kenji

Keitaro started to lead the horse back to its pen and smiled over at the doctor.

"So, Doc, you got a sucker in that lab coat for being a good boy?"
    He said with wide smile and a wink.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seduction roll on YOU, Siren!

(1d6)[1]x3

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Umeda

"Yes I do, but I am afraid I would have to give it to the horse. You have not been a good boy have you?"

Umeda grabs him under the chin and looks into his eyes. Umeda wraps himself around Keitaro.

"You want to feel around and get the sucker yourself?"

Spoiler
    Show
    8 to resist the seduction and 16 to seduce him back. You just can't resist a man who talks in red right? That is why you are trying to seduce me.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ryouta looks up at Umeda as his hair is ruffled. "Fresh meat? What do you mean?" He looks sincerely confused.

Keitaro walks over and Ryouta looks even more confused as the two men stand awfully close to each other. His jaw drops for a moment before he turns away.

"I'm going to, uh..." He notices that they're not paying attention to him so he slips over to Gallop.

"They're kind of weird, don't you think?"

---

Toby breezes through the cleaning with ease and gains an approving smile from San as he steps out of one of the rooms.

---

Random Event: Somewhere in the back of the stable, a horse suddenly gets freaked out by a mouse that runs across the floor. The horse gets up onto it's hind legs and neighs while it kicks viciously around, knocking a candle onto the floor. The hay catches fire immediately and begins to spread.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

19. - Top - End - #49

Keitaro Kenji

"I... sure, whatever you say." Keitaro mumbles, obviously enamored by the beautiful doctor. But, soon after, he is distracted.

"Oh no, a fire!" He states, pointing at it and rushing toward it. But it was spreading too fast. He turns his head to look at Umeda. "Get back to the house- get some water!" He shouts, opening the cell for the horse to escape.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Umeda

Umeda is disappointed the boy got away, but living beings come slightly before seduction. Umeda runs for the house. He yells inside.

"Help! Help! There is a fire in the stable. The horses will die if we don't do something."

Then Umeda looks around the house for a hose.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d6x2)[10] for finding a hose and a hook up along the outside of the house.
    Last edited by Siren; 2009-03-19 at 10:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Toby Announced

Hearing the doctor shouting, Toby runs downstairs and toward the stables. He immediately tries to assess where the fire must be and what the safest route to get the animals out would be. He touches the chain saw in his belt looking to see if taking out a side wall might be quickest.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Hiroshi (Hiroko Fujii)

From his (her) vantage point on the porch, Hiroshi (Hiroko) could see that something was up. When the doctor came running yelling about a fire, Hiroshi (Hiroko) abandoned his (her) broom and ran to help.

Spoiler
    Show

Athletics (1d6)[4] x3.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

The fire is spreading and the horses are all spooked by now. Umeda sees the hose used to water and wash them but the knob is rusty. It'll take a lot of strength to get the water going.

Ryouta is terrified but runs to the cell where the most fire is and tries to open it to let the horse out. He manages to get it open and the freaked out horse kicks him in the chest, knocking him to the ground. Fire is all around him and the horse runs wildly out of the barn into the field.

---

San is scrubbing a pan when she hears Umeda's call for help. She looks outside at the smoke forming above the stable.

"Oh s***!" She starts to run with Hiroshi and Toby.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Hirsohi (Hiroko Fujii)

Hiroshi (Hiroko) got inside the stables and found that sunglasses do not help you see through smoke. At all. He (she) would have cursed but he (she) didn't trust himself (herself) to maintain his (her) disguise voice in the thick smoke.

He (she) almost tripped over the fallen Ryouta. "Aw, shoot."

Hiroshi (Hiroko) tried to pick Ryouta up and get him clear of the burning stable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics: (1d6)[2] x3.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Umeda

"I found the hose guys. I might need some help to get it moving though."

Umeda yells this at the top of his lungs in hopes that someone hears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics to turn it (d6x3)[18]

26. - Top - End - #56

Keitaro Kenji

"Oh, ****!" Keitaro emotes, fanning a horse blanket at the fire. "Where's the water?" He demands to no in particular, looking around and thinking quickly. He spots a water trough and runs over before attempting to tip it over on the blaze.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics roll!

(1d6)[5]x4

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Toby Announced

Toby gives up trying to second guess the fire as he runs and goes in through the main door. He sees the fire is isolated to one side of the bar still, so he goes down the other side, throwing open the stalls with horses in them, and getting back so the frantic animals can run out.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

San runs over and helps Hiroshi carry Ryouta out of the stable since Hiroshi can hardly carry the kid. Smoke is everywhere and everyone's coughing. Although everyone else is too busy with other things, Umeda manages to turn the stiff knob and water rushes out of the hose just as Keitaro tips over a trough and diminishes some of the fire. The horses nearly trample Toby as they try to escape the burning stable, all of them a little insane acting until they get to the field. All of the horses are out and the fire is nothing but sparks and ash.

Ryouta lays on the ground with a hand over his stomach as he wakes up and sees Hiroshi standing by him. He tries to sit up, completely embarrassed of being weak.

"Thank you, Hiroshi," he blushes a little and looks at the ground. "I'm sorry I couldn't help anyone."

San pats Hiroshi on the back and goes into the stable.

"Okay guys, can two of you try and sweep this mess? I'll call someone to repair the damage." She crosses her arms but doesn't look mad. "I need to get back to the stove before there's another fire."

She starts back to the house before stopping and turning back around to look at them all. "Toby, you never got around to Ryouta's room, but I don't guess you have to right this second. And the store needs to open soon if anyone is interested in running it. Talk about it amongst yourselves."

She walks back to the house and leaves you all with the rubble, crazed horses, and a hurt master.
    Games:
    Ride that Pony.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Umeda

Umeda the professional doctor starts to check the boy for signs of any serious injuries. Umeda doesn't see anything.

"Boy, you should be ok. I am going to make sure none of the horses were harmed."

Umeda runs over to check the horses.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Hiroshi (Hiroko Fujii)

Hiroshi (Hiroko) shrugged off Ryouta's thanks. "No big deal. Anyone would have done it."

Hiroshi (Hiroko) then turned to the others. "I'll clean this up. I was already sweeping anyway."

Skill: (1d6)[5] x3.