New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #1681
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    TAKE THAT, LYING!
    Why thank you, Q. I take back what I may or may not have said about you at some unspecified time in the past.

2. - Top - End - #1682
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Keris Rain, those rules are irrelevant as your comic was packed full of godmoding. Threeshades herself, the maker of all that prophecy business, has herself agreed with Lying's plan per PM. And Rule 8 is also irrelevant, as Lying clearly explained the matter beforehand, and Rule 11 is not applicable as it only applies when one person makes the plan without the approval of other members.

Let me add that the Rule of Funny is also irrelevant in this case, as the comic was clearly not designed with Funny in mind.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-04-17 at 03:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1683
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Keris Rain, those rules are irrelevant as your comic was packed full of godmoding. Threeshades herself, the maker of all that prophecy business, has herself agreed with Lying's plan per PM. And Rule 8 is also irrelevant, as Lying clearly explained the matter beforehand, and Rule 11 is not applicable as it only applies when one person makes the plan without the approval of other members.
    SCREW YOU, KERIS RAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Why thank you, Q. I take back what I may or may not have said about you at some unspecified time in the past.

....I DON'T KNOW WHO TO ROUTE FOR!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-04-17 at 03:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1684
    Ogre in the Playground

Plus, Keris Rain's action are clearly indented with anarchy in mind, while Lying's was done with a more oligarchic principal, which, as you know, is the first step toward democracy.

5. - Top - End - #1685
    Troll in the Playground

Plus, Keris Rain's action are clearly indented with anarchy in mind, while Lying's was done with a more oligarchic principal, which, as you know, is the first step toward democracy.

UP YOURS, MAD MASK!

*goes to bed*
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1686
    Bugbear in the Playground

how is lying's method any better? He did it without talkin' about it. and you kind of need to be aware of everything for it to be a successful democracy, its more like a dictatorship than anything else really.

7. - Top - End - #1687
    Ettin in the Playground

Mask, I have almost no understanding of what you just said as regards oligarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    *screams* I cant stand the thin blurry lines any longer!! Hey lying, what dpi do you export to bitmap at?
    I use the standard 90.00 dpi

8. - Top - End - #1688
    Ogre in the Playground

how is lying's method any better? He did it without talkin' about it. and you kind of need to be aware of everything for it to be a successful democracy, its more like a dictatorship than anything else really.
    He consulted Threeshades, who invented the prophecy thing, and myself. Dictatorship would be as if he made the decision all alone, Oligarchy would mean he consulted a few people, and Democracy would be if he consulted everyone. Ergo, Lying's method was oligarchic.

9. - Top - End - #1689
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I thought we were an autonomous collective.

Had to be done.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

10. - Top - End - #1690

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post

Had to be done.
    for the last time mecha, we are NOT the borg!

11. - Top - End - #1691

HalfOrcPirate

Duh...I'm confused. I say we do the like the French, and "Laissez-faire."
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

12. - Top - End - #1692
    Banned

Return yourselves to the collective, comply, comply!

Resistance is futile.

13. - Top - End - #1693
    Ogre in the Playground

Keris Rain, those rules are irrelevant as your comic was packed full of godmoding.
    Godmoding? Dekopin is a god, remember. She is allowed to be invincible on occasion. And packed? She survived in Incarnum. That's not really packing it full of Godmoding. She didn't exactly kill anyone.
    Threeshades herself, the maker of all that prophecy business, has herself agreed with Lying's plan per PM.
    Did she? I don't remember that being stated. Where did she say this?
    And Rule 8 is also irrelevant, as Lying clearly explained the matter beforehand,
    "Nothing is canon if it is not in a comic" seems pretty clear to me. As I understand it, ABR canoncy follow this hierarchy:
    • Comics
    • Backstory comics
    • Wiki
    • Discussion thread

With the highest ranks superseding lower ranks.
    and Rule 11 is not applicable as it only applies when one person makes the plan without the approval of other members.
    This is mentioned nowhere in the rule itself. If you are to amend the rule, with provisos about when and where it applies, then amend it, but the rule stood as I quoted at the time my comic was made.
    Why should Rule 11 only apply when one person makes a plan? I mean, if we only followed the "plans" people came up with, then the plot would have no spontaneity in it. We wouldn't have random people with their side-quests, which gave ABR the rich background it has now.
    Let me add that the Rule of Funny is also irrelevant in this case, as the comic was clearly not designed with Funny in mind.
    Yes actually, it was. On what basis do you claim that I intended it with a different purpose?

Oligarchy sounds only a step away from a dictatorship to me, while anarchy is about democratic as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-04-17 at 03:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1694

Imp

for the last time mecha, we are NOT the borg!
    YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

15. - Top - End - #1695

Oligarchy sounds only a step away from a dictatorship to me, while anarchy is about democratic as you can get.
    thats essentially what i was saying or what i was trying to say.

16. - Top - End - #1696

All of this incarnum stuff is really getting in the way of Oliver's heroic sacrifice.

17. - Top - End - #1697
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think ther's an easy way to fix this problem.

Keris and MM have a non canon fight and the persosn who gets bored of making comics first is right. That's fair and very ABR.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1698
    Troll in the Playground

Godmoding? Dekopin is a god, remember. She is allowed to be invincible on occasion. And packed? She survived in Incarnum. That's not really packing it full of Godmoding. She didn't exactly kill anyone.

"Nothing is canon if it is not in a comic" seems pretty clear to me. As I understand it, ABR canoncy follow this hierarchy:
    • Comics
    • Backstory comics
    • Wiki
    • Discussion thread

With the highest ranks superseding lower ranks.

This is mentioned nowhere in the rule itself. If you are to amend the rule, with provisos about when and where it applies, then amend it, but the rule stood as I quoted at the time my comic was made.
    Why should Rule 11 only apply when one person makes a plan? I mean, if we only followed the "plans" people came up with, then the plot would have no spontaneity in it. We wouldn't have random people with their side-quests, which gave ABR the rich background it has now.

Yes actually, it was. On what basis do you claim that I intended it with a different purpose?

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
    WHOOO! GO KERIS RAIN! TELL IT LIKE IT IS! I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOU EARLER!

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    All of this incarnum stuff is really getting in the way of Oliver's heroic sacrifice.
    Wait, dosen't Oliver lead a resistance party in the future? Why would he sacrafice himself?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1699
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    An FFF Quickie. Because you guys arent giving me an opening.

Spoiler
    Show
    -snip-
    Just so you know, the Portal is still to the Plane of Incarnum, where none but gods and their poker buddies are known to survive. And the door is locked*. So in that way, we aren't giving you an opening.

But, there are plenty more ways for you to get a portal opened.

*The door is also magically fortified, the spells for which are powered by the boundary layer of Incarnum it sits upon.

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    I think ther's an easy way to fix this problem.

Keris and MM have a non canon fight and the persosn who gets bored of making comics first is right. That's fair and very ABR.
    Except that I'm at an inherent disadvantage, making on average one comic a month, while MM routinely churns them out at a rate of knots.

20. - Top - End - #1700
    Banned

WHOOO! GO KERIS RAIN! TELL IT LIKE IT IS! I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT YOU EARLER!

Wait, dosen't Oliver lead a resistance party in the future? Why would he sacrafice himself?
    Can we expect Shadesworth vs. the artillery any time soon.

Also:

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Seriously, we need to split this party in two.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-17 at 03:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1701

Except that I'm at an inherent disadvantage, making on average one comic a month, while MM routinely churns them out at a rate of knots.
    However it seems that the Q is also routing for you and i'm sure he'd pitch in with some comics. Also the lack of recent comics could have made youfresher and now you can shoot a load out at once.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1702

[B][SIZE="4"]Wait, doesn't Oliver lead a resistance party in the future? Why would he sacrifice himself?
    He doesn't know that he's going to lead a resistance part in the future. Plus he's going to be all cool and heroic and explode!

Or something.

23. - Top - End - #1703
    Troll in the Playground

Also:

Spoiler
    Show

Yes. When I become less busy, which will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    He doesn't know that he's going to lead a resistance part in the future. Plus he's going to be all cool and heroic and explode!

Or something.
    Yes, but how does he lead a party when he has been sacraficed in the past?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1704
    Troll in the Playground

Also:

Spoiler
    Show

If it matters I'de pick You, keveak, and lemming tpo fight with. (no offense to anyone else, the next to would be skimmer and falgorn's characters. Not realy sure about Q and gremlin.) I just like hangin' with spell casters.
    ____

25. - Top - End - #1705
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's still pretty impolite to just go ahead and have Dekopin perfectly fine after all the chatter on the inherently negative survival rate of the plane.

Gods and demigods are magic-based after all, they shouldn't be able to survive in it either. So logically Dekopin and buddies could only be in a pocket of soft Incarnum, which they'd be able to survive in but which has no atmosphere, and even then in a short amount of time they'd be disintegrated and dissolved as the heavy Incarnum moves in.

Even given that, the freaking door on the edge of the plane is pretty cheap. Significantly more plausible, because magic works on the planar shell and Dekopin as a demigod likely has the power to cover it, but cheap.
    It was in PMs so logically there's only so much I can convince you of without Threeshades confirming it, but here we are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades in PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon
    Well we know Salmon & Leroy are prophetic victors, and Threeshades is a calculated victor.

Salmon can teleport Leroy ("poof") anywhere, presumably given past events Leroy retains anything he's carrying during this transport (A hat or a dummy).

We know Threeshades has some control or influence over the Shades, either by biology or heritage.

So how's this for an action plan:

Igon opens the portal to the Plane of Incarnum.

Threeshades distracts the Shades, tempting them towards the portal as best she can.

Understandably, the Shades aren't idiots. They'll fight whatever influence Threeshades produces, eventually lashing out at her, probably causing significant harm.

Then, Salmon poofs Leroy in, Leroy grabs hold of the Shades, and Salmon poofs Leroy close enough to the portal that the Shades' own momentum sends them hurtling into the portal before they can react.
    Sounds reasonable. Somehow a fragment of the shades has to remain on the material plane staining threeshades
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-04-17 at 04:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1706

Simply put, he won't.

27. - Top - End - #1707
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    If it matters I'de pick You, keveak, and lemming tpo fight with. (no offense to anyone else, the next to would be skimmer and falgorn's characters. Not realy sure about Q and gremlin.) I just like hangin' with spell casters.
    Being that Damien and X2 are the leaders of the group, having both of them in one group would make it op. How about this:

The top row in the picture is knocked unconcious by the artiallery and captured by machinists. The bottom row is wounded and retreats to make a plan to break them out of the fortress while under constant attack from bluewings. Meanwhile top row escapes from the fortress.

28. - Top - End - #1708

Yes, but how does he lead a party when he has been sacraficed in the past?
    I've just worked this out. He highlighted the letters ESI which I think stands for Early Symbiote Igloos. And If we take the last letters of these three words we make the new word YES. Which I think pretty much answers you Question.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1709
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting little tidbit:

According to URLs, my last post was "http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6006666#post6006666"

30. - Top - End - #1710

Actually, I was just obnoxiously fixing Q's spelling mistakes...