New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25506566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #2221
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Am I non existent here? I just added a character, I still have my old one, though.

EDIT: I'm an Orc!
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-04-19 at 11:11 AM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

2. - Top - End - #2222
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Congratulations.
    ____

3. - Top - End - #2223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vampire2948 View Post
    A new plot, you say?

I shall have to get in on this...

Are we expected to create new characters?

Vampire,
    That depends.

As you may know, since we are ending Fat Fish Fury, there will be a successor plot called Future Imperfect, which has a darker tone (for the good guys, that is, because its the reverse for the "bad" guys) and is perfect for the grittier types of character.

But some people instead want a more lighter plot and created the Journey Home plot, which is about a group of people that have been transported to a parallel universe and is perfect if you want superpowered characters. You can have a character in each plot, but you can't have the same for both.

For Future Imperfect, it is easy to keep your character, as it is set in the same continuity as Fat Fish Fury, but 15 years later. For the Journey Home, it is a bit trickier, as you have to transport you character to the other universe, but is manageable.

4. - Top - End - #2224
    Troll in the Playground

It is sort of hard to get there after the portal closes. The easiest ways are being a strong enough spellcaster to open your own portal, be at base, or be a bad guy from that plane.
    ____

5. - Top - End - #2225
    Banned

Twenty-Five bombed villages. Twenty-Five @#$%ing bombed villages. What the hell have you people been talking about?

6. - Top - End - #2226
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hurt /heal will be closed later today. Vote if you haven't yet!
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #2227

Well, I've been trolling through the past ten or so pages I missed last night, and, after reading the whole Mad Mask debate, I've decided something.

This needs a plot. The ABR discussion thread, at that point, turned into a debate over propaganda, fear, and controlling. This could make a very interesting plot... It could be military-based, low-magic, and more about politics and propaganda than anything else. Perhaps Mad Mask's character could be a young kid who has seized power, and he can convince others of his views through propaganda. The characters opposed to MM could see the 'truth' behind the propaganda. It could go either way; he could really be a good ruler who knows what he's doing, which explains the situation. Or, he could be a corrupt leader who uses his voice for his own gain, and he merely covers up the problems of the world and uses lies and fear to control. It could be quite interesting, and, after FI gets off the road, it could be a sort of solution for everyone. If everyone feels like Mad Mask is being too controlling, he could hop the new plot, and leave FI to be s little less scripted.

Though that's really quite a tangential idea.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

8. - Top - End - #2228
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Why do we need catagory's, we already have a list on the wiki.
    You can never have too many lists.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #2229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    Well, I've been trolling through the past ten or so pages I missed last night, and, after reading the whole Mad Mask debate, I've decided something.

This needs a plot. The ABR discussion thread, at that point, turned into a debate over propaganda, fear, and controlling. This could make a very interesting plot... It could be military-based, low-magic, and more about politics and propaganda than anything else. Perhaps Mad Mask's character could be a young kid who has seized power, and he can convince others of his views through propaganda. The characters opposed to MM could see the 'truth' behind the propaganda. It could go either way; he could really be a good ruler who knows what he's doing, which explains the situation. Or, he could be a corrupt leader who uses his voice for his own gain, and he merely covers up the problems of the world and uses lies and fear to control. It could be quite interesting, and, after FI gets off the road, it could be a sort of solution for everyone. If everyone feels like Mad Mask is being too controlling, he could hop the new plot, and leave FI to be s little less scripted.

Though that's really quite a tangential idea.
    Although I find the idea of this plot incredible, I must say that I do not and will not intend to control the plot of Future Imperfect in any way. The only thing I've been regulating is the setting to make sure that it stays coherent.

10. - Top - End - #2230

HalfOrcPirate

Xartyve, my apprentice is on the escape list, correct? Seeing as Xartyve escaped, I need my apprentice to find you, for the purpose of plot.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

11. - Top - End - #2231

Hmm...now I just need to work out how I can get back into this plot...or into the new one.

Hmm...

Vampire,

12. - Top - End - #2232

Kobold

Think that the moderators are off on Spring Break...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

13. - Top - End - #2233
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

@Crimson: Why is there a 3rd rank Geodian asking for his moth.. master running around, and if it's Moss he looks for then why ain't he helping babysitting moss's daughter at the base (I'm actually making a comic with her and the guard who watch her, it includes a rifle and Tjal's feet getting hurt)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #2234
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe it's because you didn't tell me you had a daughter I was 'sposed to be watching.
    ____

15. - Top - End - #2235

HalfOrcPirate

Do you guys discuss this via PM, because I'm lost here.

Oh, nice comic CA.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

16. - Top - End - #2236
    Troll in the Playground

There was no discussing, just a random "hey, I have a daughter your 'sposed to be watching."
    ____

17. - Top - End - #2237
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    There was no discussing, just a random "hey, I have a daughter your 'sposed to be watching."
    Moss have one not me
    And the you supposed to be watching was pretty much just for fun (and because it would be logical if you had knewn it), thanks for taking the guy who summon random whales and turn stuff pink serious

Seriously I was joking (but I'm still making a comic about the daugter, a guard and Tjal)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #2238

HalfOrcPirate

C'est la vie. ((That's French for "That's life" right? Tell me if I'm wrong.))
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

19. - Top - End - #2239
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    C'est la vie. ((That's French for "That's life" right? Tell me if I'm wrong.))
    More "that's THE life"
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #2240

Hence the "la".

21. - Top - End - #2241
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Moss have one not me
    And the you supposed to be watching was pretty much just for fun (and because it would be logical if you had knewn it), thanks for taking the guy who summon random whales and turn stuff pink serious

Seriously I was joking (but I'm still making a comic about the daugter, a guard and Tjal)
    My mom says I take things to literaly.
    ____

22. - Top - End - #2242
    Ogre in the Playground

75 pages? Arent we making new threads anymore?

23. - Top - End - #2243

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    More "that's THE life"
    So is it C'est ma vie, or just C'est vie?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

24. - Top - End - #2244
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    75 pages? Arent we making new threads anymore?
    It's been made. Just needs mod approval.

25. - Top - End - #2245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Minor Characters

{table]User|Character|Description

BRC|Bloddyredcommie|*TBC*
    Calamity|Kal|*TBC*
    Chriky|Chriky|*TBC*
    CrimsonAngel|Chris|*TBC*
    Eita|Eita|*TBC*
    Fayt Graydon|Diskord|*TBC*
    Fayt Graydon|Fayte|*TBC*
    Firedrake|Firedrake|*TBC*
    Keveak|Keveak|*TBC*
    kpenguin|Kpenguin|*TBC*
    Mechafox|Mechafox|*TBC*
    Mechafox|Nobody|*TBC*
    Megadoomer|Jake Grant|Duskblade, all around nice guy
    Nameless|Nameless|*TBC*
    Ninja Chocobo|Ninja Chocobo|*TBC*
    Ninja Chocobo|Rixy and Nancy|*TBC*
    Randomizer|Randomizer|*TBC*
    Shades of Gray|Oliver|Planehopper and captain of the vendetta
    The Gremlin|Nilmerg Eht|*TBC*
    the_Q|The_Q and the Green-Shirted Q|*TBC*
    Tiffanie Lirle|Tiffanie Lirle|*TBC*
    Tired N' Drowzy|Tired N' Drowzy|*TBC*
    [/table]
    Firstly, I think, for the FFF character graph, "GSQ" and Q should have two different catagories.

Either way, here are my descriptions:

Q (red shirted): Angry selfish god-like being with a heart of gold and bad luck wIth losing his powers.

Q (green shirted): Cheerful best friend of Q. Wiser then he looks. Also super strong.

Bortak: Former Gargoyle King with EXTRAORDINARY powers and a mission.

Also, The_Q should be capitalized.

I also object to the name "Minor Characters". I think "Secondary Characters" is better.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-04-19 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #2246
    Ogre in the Playground

@Threeshades: Are you going to make a Fat Fish Fury comic any time soon ?

@Falgorn: It is C'est la vie. C'est ma vie means "it's my life" and c'est vie doesn't make any sense in French.

27. - Top - End - #2247

HalfOrcPirate

@Falgorn: It is C'est la vie. C'est ma vie means "it's my life" and c'est vie doesn't make any sense in French.
    I was right, hooray. Maybe I should study French I more...
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

28. - Top - End - #2248
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97 View Post
    Hey ABR's I was looking through the art thread and I have a question.

Spoiler
    Show

Where is Waldo?
    Get out of our thread, you! Only Troll is cool enough to talk here without joining ABR!

*shakes fist*

And don't come back!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-04-19 at 03:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #2249
    Ogre in the Playground

@Threeshades: Are you going to make a Fat Fish Fury comic any time soon ?

Im tailoring on one at the moment

30. - Top - End - #2250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Im tailoring on one at the moment
    Good, I think the final battle has been dragging on for too long.