1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Clockwork Forge

(1d20+2)[15]

Spoiler
    Show
    i hate the short massage limit
    My Homebrew Signiture.

Thank you Serpentine for my amazing avatar!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Jade cracked her knuckles and fell into a fighting stance behind some cover "Hurry, I don't want to be fighting these bastards all day"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12]
    Last edited by Greystone; 2009-03-19 at 10:04 PM.
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

intiative
    (1d20+3)[17]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

As he approaches the others, Vern speaks to Travis under his breath. "Forgive me for my outburst- my current state has left me... uncomfortable." As Ravenok introduces himself to him, Vern nods, the soul of courtesy. "I've often tried to study the magical arts myself, but life has all too frequently diverted my attention, as it will. Truly, it is an honor." He nods to Einsiedler, then bows to Jade, one hand behind his back and the other on his chest."I am known as Vern, to most. You may adress me as you please. It's been quite some time since I have seen such loveliness... though I might rather blame that on my recent incarceration, rather than the vision before me."
    Vern nods shortly to Travis, running over to help him move the pipe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My, I haven't made a character so very polite in... ever. Then again, it's hard to get any more courteous than Vern.
    Also, are we already equipped with our weapons?
    (1d20+3)[14]
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show
    hey i was wondering if i could get Greeniron's and Greystone's characters plz i like to know what classes my friends are thanks
    My Homebrew Signiture.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    im a mon, a awesome onek

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I am also a Monk
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Grreniron, you won init, you are up first. the sentinels have still not emerged from the tunnel, they are about 10 feet inside it. Travis is bending the pipe with Vern and Dinah is over by the machinery, ready to pull a large lever.

Please post at least once a day guys, I dont want to spend a month on combat :P
    When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, and leave the rest of the world to wonder how.
    When life gives you lemons, wing 'em right back and add some lemons of your own.
    When life gives you lemons, BAM! NINJAS EVERYWHERE!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Grreniron, you won init, you are up first. the sentinels have still not emerged from the tunnel, they are about 10 feet inside it. Travis is bending the pipe with Vern and Dinah is over by the machinery, ready to pull a large lever.

Please post at least once a day guys, I dont want to spend a month on combat :P
    When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, and leave the rest of the world to wonder how.
    When life gives you lemons, wing 'em right back and add some lemons of your own.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

OOC: I was at work today sorry bout that

Einsiedler, is going to over to the pipe and help if it is needed, if his help isn't needed(assuming we have our weapons) im going to ready to throw a shuriken at one of the sentinels, whichever one gets out of the tunnel first
    Last edited by Greeniron; 2009-03-22 at 01:18 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

hey guys, sorry for the absence past 2 days, i had computer issues -_-

anydangway, greeniron, what do you do? lets get some good stuff done tonight.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Initiative order: greeniron, trodon, gorgondantes, greystone.

Please tell me your turns in order, if you do not take your turn within 24 hours of the person before you, you are skipped. You are not armed, however, there are items you can use as weapons: Pipes, rocks, ect. treat them as improvised weapons. Trodon, you are next, greeniron, feel free to modify your post with the knowledge that you are unarmed at the moment.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

OoC: rocks = sling bullets do pipes = quarterstaff? if they do i grab 1 of and im going to throw a rock, sadly

(i should have taken zen archery)
    attack roll with an improvised weapon -4
    (1d20+2)[16]

EDIT: wow that was a crappy rock
    Last edited by Greeniron; 2009-03-23 at 09:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

ok i'm going to throw a fireball into the tunnel
    Ref save DC:17 (5d6)[15]

Edit: damn that sucks
    Last edited by Trodon; 2009-03-23 at 09:33 PM.
    My Homebrew Signiture.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Vern Helps Travis move the pipe, then grabs one that might make a suitable weapon and slips into the network of other pipes and such, watching and waiting.
    Spoiler
    Show

strength check, if needed: (1d20+2)[21]
    hide:(1d20+11)[19]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Greystone, you're up. In the mean time...
    The sentinels in the hallway are about 5 feet from getting out. Its hard to tell what they look like, because of their constant thrashing and moving about trying to break the rock holding them back. Clear cracks are stretching from the doorway. Vern and Travis have managed to bend the pipe to face the doorway, and Dinah is ready with her hand on a lever attached to the machine. Those of you who looked for weapons found pipes for use as quarterstaffs, (treatable as a non-improvised weapon) the rocks you find can be used as thrown improvised weapons.

The rock hits the sentinel, you can hear the resulting "clang", but it does not even notice it. The fireball flies inside the tunnel, and a small explosion instantly follows. The blast throws dirt into the air, momentarily obscuring the sentinels within. You hear them stop moving for a moment. The air shortly clears, and they start digging again.

Greystone

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Jade hides behind her piece of cover and readies an action to attack a sentinal if it comes near her.

- SurlySeraph

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

The remaining warforged NPCs all ready themselves with real weapons, and prepare to fight the sentinels, or run should they have to. Greeniron, you are up i believe. The sentinels will break through into the room this round so be ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    my previous D&D group, who got split up, all came together today for one epic finale to the campaign they were running. In a battle involving a colossal warforged, four undead dragons, an orc warlord on a wyvern, a wizard with epic level scrolls, and a halfling rogue with one sweetarse dagger, they killed the Tarrasque. I maxed its HP, giving it 1076.
    The orc warlord flew the wyvern into the Tarrasques mouth, taking a ton of damage, he then proceded to cut his way through its innards to its heart, one of its weak spots (house ruled in).
    The warforged, in the mean time, was involved in a grapple with the tarrasque for most of the fight, with his grapple of +76 vs the Tarraque's+81.
    the rogue climbed the Tarrasque and went into its ear, stabbing the inside of its head.
    The wizard laid down buff after buff on the party as best he could, and anchored the Tarraque by summoning an immovable sphere in its gullet.
    The undead dragons, summoned by the party's necromancer, proceded to keep it occupied on the outside, while the necromancer himself dealt with wave after wave of lizardfolk who were worshiping the Tarrasque's as it pulled itself from the ground.

While not all entirely in the rulebook, it was freaking epic, by far one of the bast sessions we've had. That is all.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

im going to 5 foot step closer, as long as I am at least 20 feet away from the opening, then ready an action to attack one that gets close to me

Spoiler
    Show

thats sounds pretty epic my most recent rl game had us fight a dragon that breathes negative lvls, a guy wearing armor of golemkind(the +10 full plate), who killed vims, the most awesome npc ever, the guy was wielding a artifact that contained alot of souls, with vims dead the staff turned on the guy in the armor, took over vims body, the staff attempted to take over the armor first, the wizard had to disarm him and i used my action to open a portable hole and any1 who couldn't fly made sure the armor got in the hole, made the body gargantuan and his sword, hid itself in his now gargantuan sword, lit the sword on fire, and the the drow ninjas attacked us, from there it got so awesome that we couldn't determine what rules could apply like can you cast protection from evil on objects, also are corpses considered objects, all of this time we just had our wizard cast wall of stone to trap the guy in the armor who just cast antimagic field, all in all at the end vims body went back to being just a corpse, the guy in the armor was a pile of dust, vims soul was now in the staff, and i got me a shiny new if damaged suit of artifact armor.
    Last edited by Greeniron; 2009-03-26 at 02:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

alright I'm going to grab a pipe to use as a staff then I'm going to throw another fireball (5d6)[21]

Edit: wohoo! better damage oh yeah ref save dc: 17
    Last edited by Trodon; 2009-03-26 at 03:22 PM.
    My Homebrew Signiture.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Vern will nip into the pipes, as stated, and watch and wait. Is the area behind the pipes clear?

22. - Top - End - #52

so who's turn is it i haven't been able to get to the computer since my lats post
    My Homebrew Signiture.