New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Smells Like Teen Spirit - IC

It was a rather cheery morning for such a drab occasion as the start of school. It wasn't the first day of classes, thankfully, but the day that most students would arrive to move in to their dorms and get acquainted with their surroundings.

Outside of the unimaginatively named Red Dorm, two teachers stood, awaiting their students. These two were in charge of overseeing the dorm and making sure that nothing was in conflict with the draconian policies of the administration.

The first was a short and very young woman with long blue-black hair, round glasses, and a somewhat fidgety disposition. She nervously smoothed out her white dress, glancing aside a the man waiting beside her. It was her first year teaching, and it was rather intimidating, but deep inside she held the conviction to give it her best.

The man beside her was dressed very formally, and extremely neat. Not a single strand of his short steel gray hair was out of line. He stood in a broad, aggressive, and extremely confident posture, as was befitting his position of a veteran teacher. This was his last year here; he would retire with at the end of the semester and enjoy a quiet retreat to nature, but until then he would not relax one bit. A firm authoritarian who approved of the strict measures employed by the school board, he would be just as stringent in discipline this year as he was the last. Since the Red Dorm was the smallest of the dorms, and closest to the school gates leading to the outside world, he had decided to make this the "city on the hill", so to speak, and the epitome of a well ordered and proper dorm.

The woman was named Atsuko Kai. The man was named Katashi Ito. They stood and waited, watching the students walk about trying to find their dorms, looking for their own charges.

Spoiler
    Show

Once you have a character sheet posted in the OOC, feel free to hop in.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Smells Like Teen Spirit - IC

Apple Pie

Apple Pie was wrestling with her bags quite literally. She was slowly rolling towards the building with them. As she gets closer you can hear her talking to them.

"Damn bags you need to walk to the building. You know how things should go. I am not going to carry you. Lazy bags."

Eventually Apple and her bags are all sprawled out in front of the teachers. Apple has her hair in five ponytails. She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Apple peeks around a bag.

"Hello normal people. I am quite normal today as well."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Rin

When a limousine makes its way up to the entrance of the school, it undoubtedly attracts some attention. A very well dressed butler slips out one of the back seats and opens a passenger door, allowing a pretty young girl with brown hair and startling violet eyes to step out. With a polite smile she waves off the servant and retrieves a few matching bags from the vehicle, shouldering them in a distributed and comfortable fashion before moving towards the Red Dorm, paying no attention to the limousine as it drives off.

Rin Hayashi is dressed in formal wear that is possibly a bit more masculine than normal, but manages to not look tomboyish or silly. Really, the style of her outfit seems to emphasize business more than anything else- it's all clean, neat, and efficient.

As she reaches the outside of the Red Dorm, she gently sets down the two bags in her hands and respectfully acknowledges the teachers waiting for her with a slight bowing gesture with her hands and head- though she says nothing yet, remaining silent.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ume

Ume sits in her room. She'd had to spend the summer in the school as usual, stupid magic. She's going to wait for the fresh blood to arrive. I mean new students. Her pet bat has a comfortable roost up there. She looks out the window.

Hey, they're arriving. Fun. I'm probably going to get top bunk again, they newbies are always afraid of the bat. Ume says, watching her new playthings. She is wearing some black, fairly revealing clothes that can be best described as goth. She seems to have a permanent aura of boredness.

I hope I get another AB blood type like last year, they always taste the best. Gyousei, stay. She commands to her bat. She goes downstairs and trying to seem like she's just arriving at the dorms, carrying a bag.

OOC: cunning - (1d6x4)[16] To slink away and appear as if I'm just arriving.

EDIT: Post people, post!
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-03-21 at 06:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Mary Winters

The taxi pulls up to the Red Dormitory of the school, and Mary gets her first view of the place.

It looks so ordinary... but then again, they are masters of their environment - the oldest ones never miss a detail in their deceptions.

Her mind stretches back to the conference just before her plane flight.

"Your excellency?"
    "Ah yes, you are the Novice... Mary is it not?"
    "Yes, your excellency."
    "You are a novice here, and particularly in the Seekers of Wickedness it is unusual for a novice to be called upon to carry out a mission - yet I am told that your faith is unparalleled and your combat skills extraordinary."
    "If the most holy sisters say so, your excellency, then it must be true."
    "Be careful, my child, we are sending you against no mean opponent, if our intelligence is true. Of course, that is partially what you will be sent to confirm. Unfortunately, we could not send a full-fledged sister on this mission in the normal covert way, no teachers at the school are scheduled for retirement until next year - and we don't want to wait that long, in a year the vampire might turn the entire school. Our only choice is to send someone in as a student, hence the need for your early field work. Do well, and we will consider you for full vows in the sisterhood."
    "I live but to serve, your excellency."

And here I am, hardly untrained, but entirely untested... this will be a challenge, but hopefully with faith, I will pass the test.

She steps out of the cab and pays the driver, he gets her bags out and she takes them, walking up the teachers to present herself. Smiling, "Muffy Winters, Sir... Maam..."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Amelia

Amelia came trudging from a sidewalk path around the building, having been dropped off at a parking lot further away from the red dorms. She pulled a jam-packed traveling bag behind her and held the standard freshman orientation packet in one hand, glancing through it as she walked.

Seeing the other students assembling and the teachers awaiting them, she worked her way over to the teachers.

"Red dorm, yes?" She said quietly after a quick glance back to her packet, the building, the teachers, and back to the packet.
    Last edited by ninja_penguin; 2009-03-21 at 08:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

7. - Top - End - #7

Ume

Ume looks at the new students. She recognizes a few people, they'll be useful later for carrying her bags. Her eyes catch a new student. The abnormally pale girl with red eyes who dresses like a goth strolls over to her.

Hello! She says smiling. I don't think I've seen you before, are you new? She asks, still smiling. Very happy looking.

It is day out, and Ume doesn't seem to be burning. Or sparkling.

OOC: Oi! Wiz! Purple's my font!

Does our school have a name or something?

EDIT: I made the post more open ended, so Ume can be talking to any of the PCs. Except any returning students.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-03-21 at 10:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

"Muffy" Winters

The girl turns her head and does a dobule-take.

Are you kidding me? No... that can't be the vampire. She looks like a... like a vampire! They never look like vampires.

She smiles at the strange red-eyed girl. "Oh, hello. I'm Muffy Winters, I'm new here."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #9

Ume- Most definitely not a vampire.

Nice to meet you, I'm Ume. She says, doing her "nice girl" smile. You don't look like a freshman, did you transfer here from another school? Ume asks with fake curiosity.

OOC: Changing it to dark orchid, a colour I'll probably end up using subconsciously because I have many characters who speak in it. Also, it is lighter and will stand out compared to indigo.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Apple Pie

Apple gets up off the ground and wipes off her pants. She sees a girl introducing herself to someone. Apple is in action. Apple walks right over to the girl and grabs her breasts.

"Hello I am the new American girl. My name is Apple Pie."

I did so well at this American greeting.

Spoiler
    Show
    For reference I grabbed Shade's character.
    Last edited by Siren; 2009-03-21 at 11:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Harumi

A short, pink-haired girl carefully and methodically approaches the dorm, toward the young woman and the gray-haired man. She's wearing a large ribbon that's easily larger than her head but still manages to look extremely cute, and is dressed neatly in the school uniform, the only modification having swapped in a short yellow skirt.

She bows to the instructors and when she begins speaking it sounds as though her words are rehearsed. This is because they were. Her voice is high-pitched, even a little squeaky.

Good morning Atsuko-Sensei, and Katashi-sensei (this after studying their name-tags with wide eyes). I am Harumi Kohino, and will be attending school starting today. My mother Yukari graduated here ten years ago, and also lived in Red Dorm. I hope that I won't disappoint her expectations or yours, so that I can graduate and honor her memory. Thank you, and I hope not to cause any trouble.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy Winters

Muffy smiles and nods, "Yes, I'm a sophmore, I'm transferring from a school in Rome... my dad's in the military so I get yanked all over the place."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

13. - Top - End - #13

Ume

That sound like it must be-
    *Breast grab occurs*
    Gah! I don't care if it's a custom in America or something, over here that's- She doesn't finish, and will pretty much leap back. She's angry, her fangs are showing.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Apple Pie

Apple looks very confused.

"Should I have kissed you on the lips instead?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

*ping ping PING*

Katashi was distracted from the greetings and introductions of Muffy and Harumi by his impropriety radar going off. His eagle eyes scanned the field quickly and caught the American girl employing a most inappropriate form of greeting.

Katashi struck like the divine wrath of heaven, separating Apple and her harassed target.

"That is quite enough, American. While you are here, you will behave yourself."

Atsuko looked uncomfortable at the confrontation and squirmed a bit, hoping that this wouldn't ruin the relationship between her and the students.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy Winters

Muffy is just as startled as Ume, when the goth girl is grabbed by Apple Pie. She covers her own breasts in protection. "Hello, Apple... I don't think that's an American greeting... or any other kind."

Wait a minute... does Ume have fangs? But the sun is out... wait... remember what the Cardinal said.

"My dear, one of the most dangerous aspects of our primary targets, the vampires, is that they are not uniform. Some have traditional weaknesses, others show immunity to them. It is possible that there are different bloodlines of these creatures with different curses attached to them. It is also possible that some of their weaknesses have been invented... by them, for our benefit. The most important lesson in hunting vampires is expect the unexpected."
    "Yes, your excellency."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #17

Ume

What? No you can't! She should get a detention for that!

Ume's going to use her student punishment power. Ooo, detention before classes even start!

OOC: Does the power mean that she has the authority to punish people, or just that her suggestion of the punishment is generally well recieved.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Apple Pie

"I don't understand. In my country we do that all the time. Don't you guys watch anime? They show Americans doing that all the time."

Apple is still confused, but she turns towards the teacher.

"You must be upset that I didn't give you the traditional greeting. I don't think we should do that in public though. I have some shame mister."

Apple winks at him.

19. - Top - End - #19

Harumi

With the more intimidating of the two teachers distracted, Harumi sees her opportunity. She weasels closer to Atsuko and lowers her voice, speaking so quickly that she's difficult to understand. By the way Atsuko-Senpai, when I enrolled I tried to sign up for the Cosplay Club, which is when I learned that there is no Cosplay Club, so I looked into the rules for creating new clubs, which is when I found out that I need a member of the faculty to agree to be the Club Sponsor, and once I have that I can start recruiting members, and I think you'd be perfect for being our Club Advisor, but don't worry because I'll be doing all the work I promise, and you don't even have to show up if you're too busy, I understand completely, but if you did show up once in a while that would be great, and I've got the form right here and all you have to do is sign it, please? Pretty please?

Harumi thrusts the form into Atsuko's hand and gives her the most pleading look possible.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Katashi was not happy. He rarely was, except when he was giving out punishments, and that was know.

"You will report to me first thing after classes tomorrow for detention. you will have to learn that you American arrogance will not allow you to deceive us here. We know what is proper, and we will make sure that you do not bring shame upon this school with your outrageous behavior. Have I made myself clear?"

Atsuko looked carefully at the form. "Cosplay club? Well, that sounds fun. But..." She glanced over at Katashi. "Maybe I should ask Katashi-san first..."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: We'll treat it as an unnatural ability to have her suggestions be well received.

I'd like an Affection or Cunning check from Harumi to convince Atsuko to sign without consulting Katashi.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-03-21 at 11:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy Winters

Muffy is watching the older teacher go into action and makes a mental note to be careful in her investigations. She glances at Ume again...

I wonder... thinking about it... wouldn't looking like a vampire almost be like a disguise in this modern day and age? Everyone would assume you were just wearing a costume... or acting out a fantasy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #22

Ume

What kinda anime are you watching? Ume says angrily.

I still got it.

Right, sorry about that Muffy. I was sort of distracted by, well, you know. I was saying that it must be tough having to move around so much.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Apple Pie

"Oh you want me to see you alone huh? You are a dirty boy. Ok I will see you then."

Apple waves goodbye to him and blows him a kiss. She turns towards Muffy and Ume.

"Are all Japanese teachers as forward as him?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy Winters

Muffy smiles, "Yes, it can be, although seeing other countries lets you see new and interesting cultures and ways of doing things. I have to say though, that's the most interesting greeting I've ever seen." She chuckles, "I wonder what planet American Pie is from." She looks startled realizing the girl is already back with them, apparently having blown off the head teacher.

ooc: You do realize that if you drop to 0 favor you get thrown out of school, right?
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-21 at 11:37 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

25. - Top - End - #25

Harumi shifts uncomfortably. Well yes I understand if you wanted to do that but Katashi-Senpai is a male and I don't know if he could really appreciate our adorable feminine pastimes. To be honest, I was surprised to see a male teaching at this dorm, and I'm sure he has excellent qualifications, but I have to admit I'd be a little embarrassed to involve him in this.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled 9 on my Affection check.
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2009-03-21 at 11:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Ume

He wasn't being forward, it's called a detention. Where girls who act bad go. And Muffy, I think her name is Apple Pie, not American. I wasn't really paying attention to her name, I was paying more attention to the fact that she was- Never mind.

OOC: @Roe: You should post what you got on the roll in your post in the OOC section of your IC post. Makes it easier.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-03-21 at 11:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Apple Pie

"Planet. What would make you think I am from another planet? I am from America. I told you so. Things are so different there."

Apple looks uncomfortable.

"I wasn't bad. I was just saying hello. I am so confused. You Japanese aren't very friendly."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Katashi was used to his edicts being met with lamentation and pleadings for mercy, so Apple's complete and total misinterpretation of his statement actually unbalanced him for a half second before his mental control reasserted itself. He quickly calculated that further verbal lambasting wouldn't be productive, and decided to not let the American's words provoke him any further. He would go calmly amongst the noise. After all, she was already in detention, and Katashi had tenure. He could afford to pull out all the stops. He would make an example of the American in a dignified and structured manner. When the American finally dragged herself back to the dorm, exhausted and worked to the bone, all the others would fall in line.

Atsuko smiled. "Oh, I understand. Katashi-san can be a little intimidating. Atsuko signed off on the forms for Harumi. "Would you like me to take them to the administration for you, Harumi?"

Spoiler
    Show

She hasn't lost any favor yet.

29. - Top - End - #29

We can be friendly, but grabbing one's... Assets... is not considered friendly here.

This is going to be a long year...
    Ume thinks.

Ume observes the student.
    OOC: I just remembered that Apple had the boyish type.
    If I didn't know better I'd say that you were just some guy who snuck into this all girl school.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-03-21 at 11:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Rin is simply staring at the other girls, a cross between distant confusion and surreal disbelief. She's seen odd sorts before, but already this group was surpassing her level of serene acceptance.

Rather than move away from it all, Rin crosses her arms and looks a bit aloof, trying to ignore it. She'd probably make a great target for some kind of prank.
    ...hint hint.