New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Smells Like Teen Spirit - IC

"Cool." Noriko smiled at Rin and Muffy. "If anyone else wants to help, feel free."

Tsukiko led them to R3, which had a bed and everything necessary for habitation but was still full of cardboard boxes. Noriko walked over to a cardboard box and peeped inside. "It's full of masks. Maybe this is stuff for the drama club?"

Tsukiko shrugged. "Maybe, I dunno. Maybe we should ask Atsuko-sensei."

Spoiler
    Show

The boxes aren't that heavy, so I don't need an athletics check to lift them. Instead, anyone who helps move the boxes should roll a luck check.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-03-24 at 02:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, they'll be better in storage than in your room. If they belong somewhere else we'll just have them moved again."
    Rin picks up the boxes and starts moving them.

OOC: Luck 10

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy

Muffy picks up a box to help move it. "Hmmm... I wonder if they're not being used if Harumi would want them for the Cosplay Club."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Luck, one of my worst attributes. :)
    Luck: (1d6x1)[3]
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harumi

Harumi keeps moving on her own inertia before she realizes she isn't dragging Muffy anymore. Once she does she bounces back into the lounge. C'mon Apple, we should help her too!

Even though the boxes are light, Harumi still has trouble lifting them due to being so short. She manages a small one and looks thoughtful at Muffy's comment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Luck 10.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks so much for helping me out." Tsukiko heaved up a box that jingled as she shifted the weight about. "Oh, this one is full of bells!"

Noriko motioned to Harumi, who was closest. "Hey, this one is kinda big. Can you help me get one end?" She crouched down and got one side of the largest box in the place. "Say, um... what's with the outfit?"

Meanwhile, Muffy suddenly felt a small prick on her hand. It turns out that a spider had made its web in the cracks between two boxes, and Muffy had picked up its home unknowingly. The spider fell off of Muffy's hand and onto the floor.

Spoiler
    Show

Muffy takes 1 stress from the spider bite.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (4)

Muffy is startled and sets the box down, sucking on her hand. "Owch!" She pulls out a handkerchief and drops it over the spider quickly, gathering it up. "I'll be right back." She carries the spider outside and shakes her handkerchief out on a bush. "Sorry, little one, you're going to have to make your home out here... and hopefully with a bunch of residents, there will be many more bugs out here for you to eat than in there." She goes back inside still sucking on the bite, returning to the room. "Careful, there may be more spiders here." She picks up her box again.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-24 at 02:47 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Tsukiko had followed Muffy outside and watched her release the spider. "Um..." Tsukiko approached Muffy a bit bashfully. "I know this is going to sound a bit weird, but thank you. Most people would have just squashed it. I really... that was really nice of you."

Meanwhile, over at L2, Amelia hears a knock on her door. "Excuse me? Can I come in?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (4)

Muffy shrugs and smiles, "I think there's too much killing in the world. I'm not a Buddist or anything, but I do respect life. Besides, she didn't mean to hurt me... she was just frightened and I had just ruined her whole day of work, so she was probably frustrated too."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Tsukiko reached out for Muffy's hand. "Can I see that bite? I'd feel terrible if you got an infection, especially after you went out of your way to help me."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2009-03-24 at 03:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (4)

Muffy nods, holding out her hand, "I didn't want to really hit the bat either, but they can carry rabies, and if it had bitten Apple and flown away she would have had to go through the whole series of shots - just to be safe."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Tsukiko nodded. "I understand." She gently examined Muffy's hand. Her skin felt soft against Muffy's. "Well, it looks alright, but watch it. If it starts swelling go to the nurse's, okay?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Rin continues to shift the boxes, listening to the others quietly while she works.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (4)

Muffy smiles and nods, holding her own hand, "You're very gentle, I like that. Maybe you should be a nurse someday." Muffy goes back inside with Tsukiko, returning to the room. "Careful, there may be more spiders here." She picks up her box again.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-24 at 03:30 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Tsukiko blushed at Muffy's compliment as she followed her back inside. The boxes were swiftly moved and soon R3 stood empty except for the furniture and Tsukiko's bags. "Thanks, everyone." Tsukiko moved to her bags. "I'll tell Atsuko-sensei about the boxes as soon as I get finished unpacking."

Spoiler
    Show

You'll get favor from helping out Tsukiko move the boxes, it'll just come a bit later in the narrative. Muffy, Rin, and Harumi get 1 favor. If Apple decides she went with Harumi to help out, she can get 1 favor too.

Also, Noriko's asking Harumi for help was mostly just to start up a conversation. It wasn't necessary to complete the task.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (4)

Muffy nods, "You're welcome, let me know if you need any other help moving in." She goes back to the main room. "You know, there are no classes, nor tasks today, nor schedules... perhaps we should all do something about coming up with dinner. We could surprise our Senseis!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Natsuki and Natsuko turned their heads to regard Muffy, remaining on the couch while they examined her coolly with 2 pairs of indifferent brown eyes. The one on the left spoke. "I don't think that Katashi would appreciate that. He seems like the sort who would consider such a gesture bribery." The one on the right chipped in. "Indeed. And Atsuko seems hardly worth the trouble. She is so amiable already that no act could appreciably increase her generosity."

Natsuki and Natsuko got up as one and walked into the right hallway, going into their room. Behind Muffy, Noriko huffed. "Well, I think it's a good idea."

17. - Top - End - #197

Harumi

Harumi cheerfully helps Tsukiko with the large box. The costume? Oh, it's sort of... an advertisement! I'm starting up a Cosplay Club, and I need at least one more member. I was planning on doing some recruiting in the lounge... who knew I'd end up doing actual maid-work? She giggles.

As she gets onto the subject, she stares thoughtfully at Tsukiko, as if mentally calculating her measurements. Hey, I think Muffy's right about you being a nurse. I'd just love to see you in an outfit like that... think about joining, alright? I'd love to have you!

She leaves Tsukiko to her unpacking when they are finished.

When she rejoins the others in the lounge she looks quite impressed. Muffy, you can cook too? You're even cooler than I thought! Let's do it!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (4)

Muffy looks at the non-twins, "You know, you could spend your life calculating exactly how much or little favor you would gain from every kind act you do... but you might spend so much time calculating that you'd never get around to doing anything nice for anyone. I think that would be a shame." She looks at Noriko, "I brought some things with me... I could make some penne with marinara sauce and I've got the ingredients for a wonderful lemon polenta cake. I'm a vegetarian though, so I don't cook meat dishes." Muffy looks at Harumi and smiles, shrugging, "Well, I'm not a really good cook, but I do know a few things."
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-24 at 04:50 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Noriko looked at Harumi in her maid outfit. "Cos-play club, eh? That sound like fun. Why hasn't Takashi-sensei crushed it yet?"

Noriko looks at Muffy. "Well, that's better than what I can do. Every time I tried to cook, my mother declared the kitchen a disaster area. Still, I'll help in any way I can."

20. - Top - End - #200

Amelia

There is a couple seconds pause after somebody knocked on her door, followed by the sound of a book closing, and feet padding to the door. Another electric crack, and the door opened to show half of Amelia's face. "Hello?"
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Amelia sees Shizuka standing out in the hallway. "You're Amelia Nakamura, right? I'd like to talk to you for a bit."

22. - Top - End - #202

Harumi

Harumi looks shifty. Umm... because I went behind his back and got approval from Atsuko-Sensei. Would you like to join?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Muffy (39/40) (14)

Muffy smiles and starts preparing food, boiling the penne, preparing the marinara, mixing the ingredients for the cake. "Anyone who knows more traditional Japanese cooking, maybe can prepare another part of the meal, or if anyone knows how to cook meat, I'm not so good at that, being vegetarian."

Cooking Skill: (1d6x2)[2]

OOC: *sigh* I boosted my skill so that I could cook with a 2 instead of a 1. ;)
    Last edited by Wiz; 2009-03-24 at 06:01 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

24. - Top - End - #204

Amelia

"Oh! Sure!" Amelia said, pushing the door open all of the way. She bowed slightly and added "You can come in if you want. There's nobody else here."
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

Character Roster:

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Noriko crouches down so that she's eye level with the shorter Harumi. "Join? Me? You sure you want someone as plain as me to join?"

Meanwhile, Mary's initial attempts at cookery are a bit... off. More than a bit off. She has enough materials left to give it another go, if she wants, but if she messes up again, not only will she be out of supplies, but there won't be enough time left for someone else to take another crack at it.

Shizuka walked into L2. "I know this is kind of odd. We haven't even really been introduced yet. I'm Shizuka Yamada."

Shizuka stepped a bit closer to Amelia. "This is probably the weirdest thing you've ever been asked by another girl, but can I hold your hand for just a second?"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gyousei will most likely smell burnt pasta. Yum.

OOC: So very bored.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Let me help you with that..."
    Says Rin to Muffy, noticing her cooking efforts going a little awry. Unfortunately, Rin doesn't exactly seem at her best either, but together they might sort something out.

OOC: We can combine our cooking check, right?
    I got a 5. =P

28. - Top - End - #208
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaburaMiyao View Post
    Himei Suzuki

"Oh, okay, I'm still really... really... sorry." Himei feels like a loser and accepts her papers back from Ume. "Th-thanks."

She looks around the campus. "So, um, wh-what should we be... doing...?"
    Stop apologizing, it's fine. We're free to do whatever we want. Classes don't begin yet. Ume smiles, and will be helped up Let's go back to the dorms, get your stuff settled in your room. Then we'll find something to do.

OOC: Reposting this for ease of reference/not making Dabura have to backtrack back to page 4.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Yes, you can combine checks.

Rin's substantially better help (even though she is doing relatively poor compared to her usual work) does actually allow the two to create a meal that isn't inedible.

30. - Top - End - #210

Amelia

"No, not the...weirdest thing" Amelia said, taking a self-conscious half-step back. "But be careful, I'm kind of staticy sometimes" She said as she held a hand out to Shizuka.
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Roster: