New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Team Rin: The Chuunin Exams

Hibiki

Hibiki looks around himself and counts the number of genin, "Seven...Eight...Nine." His finger lands on himself at the last number. Hibiki scratches his chin while thinking. "Hey do we need our Jounin leaders with us when we enter Kirigakure? I say we steal one of those ships then blow up the rest. We'll use their tactics against themselves!" Hibiki laughs maniacally.

"Think about it! We'll knock out nine genin from the biggest hidden villages all because we leave before them! We could go around the town there and run across the water to the ship. I could make an army of clones to work the paddles. It'll be fun!"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Rin

Takanu doesn't seem to do anything, but he does prepare a one-handed hand-sign that Rin doesn't recognize. Rin does however, catch all the samurai in her Tea House Technique. Six of the nine ninja gathered there raise their heads when the Samurai begin acting like they're in a teahouse. All three groups gathered there leap away from one another immediately. They all look around, and eventually the blond Cloud-nin points them out. She speaks in a half-growl. "Ninja." Everyone immediately settled down and lowered their weapons. One of the rain-nin steps forward. "I recognize that one. Chimera of Haigakure, but it's funny that she's with Leaf-nin now. What do you three want?"

Genin

Shikakei shakes her head. "Doesn't work like that. Our jounin have to sign us in and provide a letter from our Kage to verify that we are who we say we are. Otherwise, we'll just be thrown out without them."

3. - Top - End - #243

Uchiha Rin

"Generic ninja number one, I thought I knew you." Enrage the enemy and force a mistake. "Why don't you tell us why you are here in the Fire Country, and please don't say you thought everything burned in the Fire Country." She smiled in a similar manner to before, the sort of smile you might expect a mad man to give after being handed the keys to a war room.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Matsuo

- Keeping up Byakugan just for observation would drain me out of chakra in short time. - Matsuo shook his head in response to Yuu's question and turned back again - Masters of genjutsu our sensei might be, but they will be outnumbered four to one. And every second or every ounce of chakra they spare to take out the genin might be a one they will lack when fighting opponents on their level. I think it would be best if we decide now what to do, and - in cease we decide to follow - it would be best if the stealthiest among us went in first as forward scouts, with others following in distance close enough to react to a sign from those scouting, but far enough not to blow our cover. This way we can help if our jounins bite on more than they can chew... - Matsuo grinned before following - ...or just watch the fireworks otherwise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming that all be for the idea Matsuo will go on - with the "less stealthy" group of course. Come on people, let's cut the stalling :P
    Three are the paths of soul:
    One out - roam across the plain,
    One back - dwell with the tribe and tent,
    One in - turn an enemy's hate.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Rain-nin

The ninja seems to get angry about it, but is calmed down by one of the other rain-nin waving their hand in front of his face. "No. We got here and these guys were burning the boats. We wanted to save a boat for ourselves, so we killed a few with some suiton techniques. They're not our problem, so we didn't kill them all. These other idiots showed up later and so we were waiting on the fire show before we left."

6. - Top - End - #246

Uchiha Rin

"Well there isn't any reason to stay anymore, there will be no show." Rin stood staring at the assembled ninja mulling the story in her head. Believable but that's what makes me doubt it."Leave on your boat. Now."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Ninja

The rain-nin just shrug. They had better things to do than get in a fight, and they all head onto one of the boats. The cloud-nin and sound-nin also leave, but they load up on boats separate from the other ninja. The rain-nin use a suiton technique that raises their boat up on a waterfall and propels it toward the Water Country. The cloud-nin lower their ship's sails and use a fuuton technique to send them off on their way. One of the sound-nin uses the familiar Tajuu Kage Bunshin technique then sail the ship out with a full crew.

Boats

The samurai are easily swept aside even if they could have disbelieved the tea house illusion. There are still boats left behind, and the tide is high at the moment so you can leave as soon as possible.

8. - Top - End - #248

Uchiha Rin

"I wonder if the genin will come here by themselves soon or if one of us should go get them." Rin thought aloud as she wiped blood from her hand. "I'll go get them." Rin then cannoned off toward where the genin should still be.

9. - Top - End - #249

Hibiki

"Matsuo-san this is getting boring now. I say we just go down there and kick all their butts: Jounin included because they are making us wait here." Hibiki opens his mouth to yawn and laces his hands together behind his head. "Well, if no one has anything to say, I'll just go there. Beat em all up!" The genin lets out a crazed laugh as he cannons himself over to the village.

10. - Top - End - #250

Matsuo

- Wha... Wait you idiot! - Matsuo shouts as he runs after Hibki, hoping the others will follow.
    They say people do crazy things for love...unfortunately, I'm not in love, and I'm still crazy!

Avatar by CoffeeIncluded. Finally giving credit where due, and it only took me 20 pages of search

11. - Top - End - #251

Hibiki

The genin turns his head around while running, "Idiot? We could already be chuunin! We can eat up those little genin in a heartbeat! You call me the idiot ha!" Hibiki keeps his eyes on Matsuo behind him while full-sprinting towards the village.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Genin

Rin and the genin run into each other, literally. Hibiki plows straight into a leaping Rin, and both fall backwards then tumble around on the ground. The other eight genin are fast on his tail, but everyone calms down once they see it's Rin and not an enemy. The group heads back to the boat to find all but one boat scuttled with a very large hole in the side. Runi is standing on top of the last boat and Takanu is standing on the docks. When you get closer, he just nods toward Runi.

13. - Top - End - #253

Matsuo

- Well at least one survived. - genin comments after seeing other ships - Can we get going?
    Last edited by Malek; 2009-04-18 at 01:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

Hibiki

"Ouchie, ouchie, ouch!" Hibiki rubs his head with his hand as he looks around for the enemy. All he finds is Rin...three Rins to be exact. "Oh wow. Rin-sensei you know Kage Bunshin too?" The genin rolls his eyes around, but stops them to see a ring of ducks circling his head with tiny Hibiki's riding them. "Uhh..."

15. - Top - End - #255

Uchiha Rin

Responding with a weak smile Rin just continued herding the genin onto the boat.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

The Trip

Half a day passes between the attack on Sukimuya and the boat-jacking that set the twelve Konoha-nin on their way toward the Land of Waves. The sun is high in the afternoon sky and the only storm in sight is overland far to the west. However, something seems very off about the entire trip. None of the genin realize it, but each jounin feels that old sensation of being watched. The boat more or less runs itself except for a few course corrections that are required to get to the Land of Water. None the less, none of the jounin can shake the bad feeling.

Suddenly, a surge of killing intent alerts each of the jounin to something being seriously wrong. Runi is the first to call out. "What?! Where is it coming from?!" Her shout alerts the genin that something is wrong as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll need Initiative checks. Right now, nothing is obviously attacking but you have a round of buff time before whatever it is makes itself known.

17. - Top - End - #257

Matsuo

Hearing Runis shout the white-eyed genin activated his bloodline, took a stance and prepared for anything that might appear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+1=19) (21 assuming i get the benefit of Byakugan for that roll)

Standard action - activate Byakugan
    Swift action - Jyuuken: Shodan Dachi (Quick-converted 1:1, DC 14 so no roll required)

Chakra Drain: -5 from training, -3 from Byakugan

HP 58/59 (Stamina damage: 1)
    CP 30/45

Current speed rank: 0

Ongoing effects:
    -Byakugan round 1 of 2
    -Jyuuken: Shodan Dachi (stance)
    Last edited by Malek; 2009-04-18 at 06:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

Hibiki

The psychotic genin is on the boat's deck practicing one of Rin's medical jutsu on a fish. "Kuso! Why isn't this fish's fatigue not wearing off! It's not even moving anymore!" Hibiki studies the fish closer and realizes it's dead. "Whoops...I guess fish don't do so well out of water for," he looks at the sky, "three hours."

Once Runi alarms everyone on the ship, Hibiki jumps up and produces three clones: Wrath, Lust, and Pride. He nods at both of them and they all form a tight diamond formation.

"Captain Rin! What is it?!"

Spoiler
    Show

Hibiki
    HP: 84/87
    AC: 22
    CP: 56/71

One-Man Army applied.
    Stamina Damage: (1d4-1)[0]+(1d4-1)[0]+(1d4-1)[0]
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[7]

Clones
    HP: 3/3
    AC: 17
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-04-18 at 06:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259

Uchiha Rin

Feeling the sudden surge of killer intent caused Rin to release the restraints that kept her body from dangerous overexertion. The heat emanating from her rose as normal washing Hibiki with a heavy dry heat as she stood behind him watching his progress. The Chakra Scalpel on her hand forming as a formality.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 64/64
    Chakra Pool: 88/92
    Armour Class: 36
    Ongoing Effects: Speed Rank 3 (3 Chakra every 5 Rounds), Sharingan (1 Chakra every Round)
    Initiative!
    Initiative: (1d20+11)[13]
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-04-18 at 04:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

Sensing the killing intent, Kuromaru let out a growl that alerted Yuu at the same time that Runi-sensei called out. Thinking fast, and not seeing the danger present, Yuu performed several quick handseals. With a burst of smoke, his skin darkened, his hair grew shaggier, and his teeth grew into sharp fangs. Searching around for the danger, his clawed hands began forming more seals, getting ready to transform his companion into something more dangerous.

OOC-
    Spoiler
    Show

HP 67/71 (4 stamina damage)
    CP- 32/36
    AC 18
    Initiative- (1d20+1)[4]- though he gets a higher bonus, I'll use that for Kuromaru as well to keep things simple.
    Action- Activate Shikakyu no Jutsu! Convert Chakra at 1 to 1, 4 CP for 4 Stamina damage. Take 10 on both the Ninjutsu and Chakra Control. Gain a bite and claw attack (can I use that bite after my full attack with a sword?) and +4 to intimidate. Duration 8 rounds. Preparing for Juujin Bunshin next round is just for flavor.
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2009-04-18 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The other genin and jounin gather together in a diamond formation. Each team aiming to defend their teammates by being as close as possible. You all see Chouzen become a giant as his body grows to double his original size. Sasuke's Sharingan comes out, while the other genin draw kunai to defend themselves.

Of course, none of that matters in the face of the blood-curdling screech that comes from beneath the sea. Everyone expresses varying degrees of surprise, but all of that is washed away when seven gigantic tentacles burst from the ocean below and encircle the boat. Wood creaks and breaks as the weight of the tentacles prove too much for the boat. Unfortunately for the human occupants, the tentacles pushing and pulling the boat to-and-fro makes it incredibly hard to stand up.

Out of the other leaf-nin only the jounin, Shikakei, Chouzen, Sasuke, and Yotei remain standing. Every other leaf-nin hits the deck with a hard thump and several cries. "****!" Runi exclaims. "Any one any good with suiton?! We can't just let it crush the boat!" Takanu frowns. "Negative." The tentacles start moving toward the ship's mast, and Shikakei shouts out. "Wait! It's trying to break the mast! If it breaks, we can't get to the Water Country!"

Spoiler
    Show

T - Yuhi Takanu
    S - Yamanaka Shikakei
    C - Akimichi Chouzen
    I - Yamanaka Inoki
    R - Uchiha Rin
    M - Hyuuga Matsuo
    Y - Nagase Yuu
    K - Kuromaru
    H - Hibiki
    U - Uchiha Sasuke
    G - Guy Runi
    O - Yotei
    A - Haruna Suichi

Dark Brown - Mast [Defend This]
    Regular Brown - Ship's Deck
    Green - Tentacles, numbered for your convenience
    Red - Chouzen's larger body.

Mast: AC 10, HP 60, DR 15/-

Initiative - Matsuo / Sasuke / Runi / Tentacles / Everyone Else

You need a DC 10 balance check or fall prone. You'll need a DC 5 balance check to move without falling over. If you fail either one by 5 or more you fall prone and move 10 feet toward the ocean.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-04-18 at 05:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

Uchiha Rin

Without wasting time Rin shouted out to Sasuke. "Electricity then!" Her own hands now quickly making short work of ninjutsu seals. The last slap of the impact of quick hands draws an electric spark. In seconds a huge electrical dragon tears itself from the thin-air in front of Rin, roaring its path around the mast to clamp down its huge jaws on the tentacle.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hit Points: 64/64
    Chakra Pool: 75/92
    Armour Class: 36
    Ongoing Effects: Speed Rank 3 (3 Chakra every 5 Rounds), Sharingan (1 Chakra every Round)
    Lightning Dragon Blast!
    Attack: 10ft. area (tentacle 5)
    Damage: (7d6+5)[28]
    Balance!
    Balance: (1d20+2)[19]

23. - Top - End - #263

Matsuo

Matsuo lost his balance and slided a bit before standing back again. He tried to focus on performing a technique he learned recently, but the constant swaying of the ship made it difficult.

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance (DC 10) (1d20+1=2) -Got slided to X14:Y12

Move action - Stand up
    Standard action - Hakke Tenkuusho with 4 extra chakra to empower (AP) - at tentacle 7 (Quick-converted four chakra 1:1, DC 22)

Taijutsu (DC 26) (1d20+17=18, 1d6=3, 1d6=4) (Unperformed :()

Chakra Drain: None

HP 58/59 (Stamina damage: 1)
    CP 30/45

Current speed rank: 0

Ongoing effects:
    -Byakugan round 2 of 2
    -Jyuuken: Shodan Dachi (stance)
    Last edited by Malek; 2009-04-18 at 06:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The tentacles move in closer, crushing the boat together. A flailing limb smashes into Pride, destroying him instantly. Another one smashes into Matsuo and Kuromaru, tossing the genin and dog around the deck like rag dolls. Chouzen took a hit as well, but his new weight allowed him to remain standing. Shikakei dodged a flailing tentacle, and then shouts out. "We should focus our energy on one tentacle at a time!" One of the tentacles slams into the mast, cracking it slightly. Runi dodges the last tentacle's swing with practiced ease of a taijutsu master. "Damn! I can't help out with that one! Rin!"

Sasuke looks at Rin and readies himself. When she launches her Lightning Dragon Blast technique he responds by copying it and firing one of his own at the same target. Suishi falls and slides, but catches himself on the edge of the boat. Yokei dashes over and readies herself to protect him if he falls. Inoki falls and slides, which prompts Takanu to also ready himself to help one of his genin if they fall. Chouzen counter attacks with heavy punches against one of the techniques.

All the fallen genin use their low profiles for shuriken and kunai attacks.

Wrath's Zankidan and Lust's chakra scalpel cut into the sixth tentacle with ease, leaving several bleeding wounds and obviously enraging the monster. Kuromaru gets a mouth full of bad seafood.

Spoiler
    Show

T - Yuhi Takanu
    S - Yamanaka Shikakei
    C - Akimichi Chouzen
    I - Yamanaka Inoki
    R - Uchiha Rin
    M - Hyuuga Matsuo
    Y - Nagase Yuu
    K - Kuromaru
    H - Hibiki
    U - Uchiha Sasuke
    G - Guy Runi
    O - Yotei
    A - Haruna Suichi

Dark Brown - Mast [Defend This]
    Regular Brown - Ship's Deck
    Green - Tentacles, numbered for your convenience
    Red - Chouzen's larger body.

Mast: AC 10, HP 57, DR 15/-

Initiative - Matsuo / Runi / Tentacles / Everyone Else

Tentacle #5 attacks the Mast, it deals 18 damage. The mast takes 3 after DR.

Tentacle #6 hits Hibiki #4 for 9 damage, destroying the Kage Bunshin. Tentacle #7 hits Matsuo for 11. Tentacle #4 hits Kuromaru for 10. Tentacle #2 hits Chouzen for 13. Tentacle #1 fails to hit Shikakei.

Sasuke Sharingan Mimics Rin's Lightning Dragon Blast and rolls 24 for damage. Suishi hits tentacle #3 with a kunai for 5. Chouzen punches Tentacle #2 for 9. Inoki hits #1 with a shuriken for 3.

Damage Dealt
    Tentacle #1: 3
    Tentacle #2: 9
    Tentacle #3: 5
    Tentacle #4: 4
    Tentacle #5: 52
    Tentacle #6: 20

EDIT: Updated damage dealt.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-04-19 at 04:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265

Uchiha Rin

"Giant Squid! Two blasts nearly brings a single tentacle down! Hit that one with a wave of shuriken and it's down! It was provoked!" Rin shouted quickly as the action took place. Obviously encouraging them not to waste chakra on the tentacle she and Sasuke just hit.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Talking!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

His hands flickering through seals, Yuu yells as the tentacle slams into Kuromaru.

"You bastard, nobody hurts my dog! Juujin Bunshin no Jutsu!"

Chakra flowed out of Yuu's body and into Kuromaru's, as the dog took on Yuu's bestial form.

"Now go get that thing!"

"Grrraaff!"

Unused to the new structure of his body, Kuromaru slips and falls. Getting back up, Kuromaru lets out a savage growl and sets into the tentacle in front of him with his claws and teeth, raking savagely at the thing.

"Oof!"
    Unable to keep his footing on the rocking deck, Yuu tumbled to the ground and began to slide towards the rail.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yuu
    Balance check- DC 10: (1d20+1)[2]
    HP 67/71
    CP 27/36
    Shikakyu no Jutsu round 1/8
    Kuromaru:
    HP 25/35
    CP 8/8
    Juujin Bunshin no Jutsu round 1/8
    Balance check- DC 10- Failed!
    Get up and move 1 square with move action, attack with bite attack.
    Attack-(1d20+10)[29]
    Damage-(1d4+1)[4]
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2009-04-18 at 07:47 PM.
    IN THE WRY DIMNESS OF THE NEAR FUTURE THERE IS MOSTLY WAR BUT ALSO SOMETIMES HUGS
    My Blog Thing

27. - Top - End - #267

Hibiki

"Argh! This is a real pirate battle! With the loathed Kraken! Argh, Captain Rin come see my newest weapon!" Hibiki releases everything his body was holding back, concentrating it all to the palm of his right hand. The weight of his chakra gets heavy and the crazed genin grabs his right wrist with his left hand. Pure chakra becomes visible and swirls in a maelstrom of paths. The spiraling chakra condenses and forms a sphere.

Hibiki chuckles at his accomplishment. "Rasengan-ho!" Underneath the floating Rasengan, a purple chakra scalpel appears. The crazed genin keeps up his maniacal laughter.

Lust creates his own variant of the chakra scalpel and takes a quick step towards the tentacle and attacks it with a quick swipe of his hand.

Wrath performs a few quick seals and shouts out "ZANKIDAN!" After the attack slices through its target, Wrath holds back to form his own sanguine chakra scalpel.

Spoiler
    Show

Balance Hibiki: 10!
    Balance Lust: 20!
    Moving Lust: 13!
    Balance Wrath: 10!

Rasengan Perform (Empowered with 2 chakra points): 34= SUCCESS

Zankidan Perform: AUTO
    Zankidan Damage: 16 +8 if you let it affect the tentacle twice since it's supposed to go on past its target.
    Reflex Save: 16
    Target: Tentacle 6

Lust's Touch Attack: 17
    L's Damage: 4
    Target: Tentacle 6

Quickened Convert Chakra (7): 25

Hibiki
    HP: 77/87
    CP: 44/71
    AC: 24

Clones
    HP: 3/3
    AC: 17

Hibiki stays on (13,9)
    Lust 5ft steps from (13,7) to (14,7)
    Wrath stays on (12,8)
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2009-04-19 at 08:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuu

OOC: Assuming that I fell to 13, 13 and Kuromaru ended up in 14, 13 for simplicity's sake.

Lying on his back, Yuu saw the tentacle towering over him, ready to strike (again, if I got hit this round). His hands formed a quick seal and he disappeared, landing on his feet near the mast but immediately slipping and falling upon arrival, keeping his back to it so that he could attempt to prevent the tentacles from attacking him from behind.

His hands flashing in a now-familiar set of seals, Yuu called out:
    "Great minds think alike, eh Sensei?! I picked up that move while we were training! Rairyuudan no Jutsu!"

A huge electric dragon flashed from his hands and crashed into two of the tentacles, wracking them with electricity.

Kuromaru

Kuromaru continued to bite and claw at the offending tentacle, fortunately avoiding contact when electricity raced through it from his master's jutsu.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yuu- HP 67/71
    CP- 11/36
    AC 18 (19 on Tentacle 4)
    Shikakyu no Jutsu round 2/8

Move action- Shundou! 4 chakra expended. Instant move to 9,9. Doesn't provoke.
    Balance- (1d20+1)[3] + 1 action point- 5=8
    Attack action- Rairyuudan no jutsu! Take 10 on the check. My +2 bonus from Lightning affinity yields a total of 23.

Attack is centered on where tentacles 4 and 7 meet, assuming square 15, 13 is not occupied by a teammate.
    Damage- (7d6+5)[24]
    Reflex save DC 19.

Kuromaru- full attack!
    HP 25/35
    CP 8
    AC 19
    Juujin Bunshin no Jutsu round 2/8

Attack 1- bite (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage- (1d4+1)[4]
    Attack 2- claw (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage- (1d6+1)[5]

What is it with me and these balance checks?
    Last edited by Rogue 7; 2009-04-18 at 10:08 PM.
    My Blog Thing

29. - Top - End - #269

Uchiha Rin

Watching the physical manifestation of her students progress Rin smiled. If I'm not careful, they might just surpass me. "How many more can you manage Sasuke, Yuu?" She said before making the initial seal for a second Lightning Dragon Blast, a fair indication of what she intended. "Latch yourselves to the ship using tree climbing, or do you want to be eaten?" She shouted to the other genin that required often rescue from the beasts jaws.
    Last edited by Valgunn; 2009-04-19 at 08:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Sasuke

The genin shouts back. "As many as you can, old lady!"