New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Mutants & Masterminds: The Initiative: California Team

"At the moment due to the Teams lack of experience as a group and the country's general unease with super heroes after the Skrull invasion the team will only be reacting to situations that warrant your participation but independent patrol nearby is allowed so long as you remain in constant radio contact."

Miss Wyatt smiled at Ms. Moore as she answered, happy to be helpful, if still a little unsure of herself.
    Last edited by Avo; 2009-04-07 at 05:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Enforcer

"Well, thats nice to know. I was thinking of patrolling the streets tonight, but since my status is not yet public, that apparently runs a risk of scaring the populace." The Enforcer says as he stands up. "So I shall just hide in my chambers... for now."

Spoiler
    Show

Since undead don't actually need to sleep, the Enforcer will simply go back to his room and potter around until the press conference tomorrow.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The sun pierces through the blinds of each of your rooms as the rooms alarm clock chimes. The glass itself is one way, hiding you from the outside world.
    A small folder sits on the bed side table in each of your rooms, mostly detailing your individual contracts and your schedules for the day.

The folder also includes the 114 threats that have been made to attack the press conference by super villains and etc as well as a letter from Ms. Wyatt for the most telling you simply not to panic and that everything was going fine and normally.

It is 3 hours till the press conference, do with that time as you may notes Osborn near the end of the folder simply ensure that you are outside the front door of the building before the press conference.

Spoiler
    Show
    I took so long because I was waiting for people's character's to go to sleep, because they took so long they almost killed the game their actions were skipped, players will not be given so much time next time. apologies to those who replied quickly.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Enforcer

As soon as he recieves the folder (at whatever point in the night it was sent), the Enforcer has been in the living room, laptop by his side, reading through the file contents, and occasionally searching the internet for more data on the supervillains.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming of course that we have some sort of living room. Ernie will keep up his research until the press conference, unless one of the others wants to interrupt him for something else.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Ein-Nar

"Three hours until the thing. It'll take me less than ten minutes to put on the armor, so I've got time to eat breakfast and watch TV with more than enough time to be far too early for the conference."

He gets breakfast sent to his room while he watches British sitcoms.
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-04-10 at 10:43 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thelema takes a glance at the material left in his room at night (rude!) and decides to astral project himself to take a look around the stage, looking for snipers in nearby buildings, unprotected approaches and so on. I don't trust these yankee gov'ment wankers. He thinks to himself as he floats around just one dimension to the left of the material cosmos. If I want the job done I'll have to do it myself.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can do any relevant rolls at this point for me, to speed things along.
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Sarah

The newly christened Unity is up bright and early; the about part of "up and about" escapes her, however. She spends much of the morning sitting on the floor, clearing her mind of the clutter minds are usually filled with, and then allowing the occasional thought to cross it: what questions might come up at the press conference, what she could do in case one of those 114 threats turned out to be real, whether any of her teammates would be difficult at the conference. Worry, consternation, and anger are strictly kept out; she is simply musing on the day to come, focusing and readying herself.

Most of these worries aren't all her concern, in any case. There would be security at the conference; the public relations branch of the Initiative would be sure to handle any gaffes any of them made as best it could. But as one of the state's most critical individuals in the area of defense, she feels she ought to be able to help if something does come up.

About an hour before the conference, she takes out her uniform. Thankfully, it is a respectable uniform, with a bulletproof vest underneath; much more sensible than the skintight leather or spandex that the word superheroine often brought to mind. The government wanted her to be reassuring to the populace, which meant conforming to their expectations, but she would be more reassuring as a living agent than an alluring-yet-dead one.

In deference to those expectations, it is still more brightly colored than she would have preferred: a uniform blue, shading from a brighter hue on the lower body and wrists to almost navy at the shoulders. But she can deal with that.

She spends a few minutes perusing the files on the more prominent supervillains on the list, before leaving for the front of the building, a good twenty minutes before noon.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Ein-Nar

After eating for an hour and resting a bit in order to digest, he goes to take a shower and prepares to leave.

He checks the internal systems of the suit as he puts it on. The suit was black with dark green sections and had the chest symbol removed, he would have to talk to PR about what to replace it with. Once the suit is firmly attached to his body, he heads out, flying towards the press conference.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Enforcer

As the appointed time draws near, Ernie shuts down his laptop, checks that all his systems are nominal, before walking out the front door.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Conjurer

Ethan flips the folio back onto the table in his quarters as he prepares to leave. There's always gonna be that 115th threat to face out there tomorrow, can't get fussed overmuch just yet. He toggles his outfit to his 'workclothes' with a quick expression of his matter-generating abilities - a fairly pedestrian jumpsuit of muted silver - and ambles down to the auditorium ahead of the press and other sorts of folks who take time out of their day to watch supers stand on a stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort