New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Birthright IC

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Birthright IC

Seamist War

"Dispel it. The attack comes or they are on the move. Either way we need to know. I'd rather fight an enemy we can see then one we can not or atleast dissuade them from attacking at night. We just need to hold out a little longer until the reinforcements arrive."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Claíomh Sciath, Black Flame of Osoerde

Spoiler
    Show
    yeah, the council would rule when he is away. their authority is limited to working within the bounds already established by Claíomh unless he was known to be dead–in which case, his cousin takes over.

To his aides
    "I realize that the Specter is hardly a national hero or anything, but he was well known as an ally of William Moergen, and that will count for something. Eventually, the word will get out that we are going after the Swamp Mage, and that too will soothe much concern as to my whereabouts.

"In fact, in four days, let that fact slip..."
    He smiles at their reaction, "That is right. In four days, 96 hours from now, make sure that the word is leaked to the public–pretend to be drunk and loose with your words in a tavern or something. That will give us enough time to be within reach of our foe before the whole kingdom begins whispering about it."

Then he changes the subject, "And as far as I am concerned, Osoerde needs my presence, but it also needs a sheriff. It needs the application of justice against those that would otherwise consider themselves above the law. The Swamp Mage is one such individual."
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Brosengae

The dispel works. There is a small struggle as new fog is conjured by the enemy and immediate dispelled by the priests. Eventually the majority of the fog disappears and the remaining bits disperse naturally. The priests bow, but they look worried. Their dispelling magic expended they won’t be able to counter other new attacks.

“I would think that the Sorceress won’t wait for our magic to be restored. She’ll attack before that.” the senior priest remarks.

An hour passes without attack. The enemy remains at their positions, though it’s hard to make out details, because of darkness.

The commanders argue about the time of the attack. Some think it would come at dawn. The enemy soldiers will sleep and restore their strength, while Brosengae’s army would be staying awake and vigilante awaiting the attack. Others argue that enemy expects Brosengae’s army to rest, weakening their line of defense and wouldn’t forgo darkness as their main advantage, striking at night.

Osoerde

There are questions asked about the composition of the council. Would Claiomh personally select the members or it would be senior court officials and powerful nobles?

The courtiers feel comfortable with breaking news of Swamp Mage, especially if the question with Council is resolved. They balk a bit about the appointment of Specter to oversee justice, but do not oppose it.
    Everything is prepared for the journey. Specter tells that he will arrive to the swamp faster by his own means and begin the preparations for the hunt.

[OOC – It sounds a bit like you are appointing a royal assassin, getting rid of people, whom the law can touch and all. If it is more of traditional upholding of the law, then based on the birthright rules, wizards usually lack skills related to managing law holdings.]

4. - Top - End - #124

Seamist War

"Let the men rest. We will have plenty of warning when the enemy is on the march to prepare. Keep sentries posted and make sure they stay alert and awake for any sign of attack."
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Brosengae

The officers organize rest. Soldiers sleep in turns, their armor and weapons nearby. The rest is most welcomed and soldiers enjoy quick, hot meals restoring their energy. Hours pass, but it is still dark when the alarm is raised.

This time the attackers have Orogs among them. They carry shields and seem keen on protecting themselves. Humanoids rush to the positions of the Brosengae’s army, but stop short of them, instead focusing on dragging away corpses, clearing up the gruesome barricade. The arrows fly, some finding their mark, despite poor visibility. The humanoids attacking the fortifications are cut down. The enemy is forced to sacrifice some of their forces to prepare ground for the main assault.

The final assault composed of trolls with goblins in the initial wave and Orogs as the main punch, intended to finally break the fortification will soon follow. It might be that the sorceress herself would take part in it. The commanding officers wait for Titus to give his instructions.

6. - Top - End - #126

Seamist battle

The time had finally come, the Witch Queen would soon meet her death and these mountains would be his once and for all. Five flaming arrows are launched high in the air, the signal for Virous and his apprentices to launch their magical assault.

The army is instructed to hold their ground at the barricades until the word is given for them to spring forth and give chase to a soon to be distracted and routing enemy.

From atop his mount, Titus races through the camp sword held high. "Scouts! Rally to me!" Forming the cavalry up around him he prepares for a charge against the enemy lines onces the first signs of Virous's magical assault is present and from there a general charge by the rest of his army once the momentum in the assault is theirs. If not, a retreat back to the barricades and quick hit and runs using the cavalry to harrass the Monstrous force.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Brosengae

The army of humanoids rushes for the assault. It soon becomes apparent that the outcome of the battle will be decided by clash with Orogs. Goblins and Trolls seem reluctant to attack while Orogs are marching, perhaps due to the numbers they sacrificed while the later waited in camp. There is little honor in the humanoid army, especially when one can let another die in his place.

The battle enters into stalemate, Brosengae’s army was weakened by the fatigue and attrition, but it has advantage in fortifications and numbers. Then deadly magic starts taking out the barricade defenders. The archers curse trying to pinpoint the source of enemy assault, but there must be some concealment spells in work. The defenses waiver and for a moment it appears as if all is lost, but then Virous arrives to deliver his own power to the scales of war.

The first spells hit Orogs to prevent them from overrunning defenses. The officers shout to rally soldiers, but it works only partially, the panic spreads form irregulars to even experienced soldiers. Then Virous uses his magic to outline a group of Orogs. A bright commander of archer unit cries “the witch is there, concentrate fire”.

Titus has his force of Scouts and he is the commander of the army. His military advisors urge him to either cut down the enemy leader, pinpointed by Virous or to rally the troops at barricades to break the Orogs and turn the tide of battle. Some think that regent should leave the task in the hands of an experienced warrior and stay back. “The witch is after your life, after all my lord.”

8. - Top - End - #128

Seamist Battle

Titus knew he should stay back and just command, while he could fight reasonably well but he was more of a conniver and a plotter. It was so much safer. Yet here he had to make a decision. If he killed the witch queen personally his rule would be cemented and he would be feared for his martial prowess, if he didn't he would always be a target. Also, an assault against the Orog force would have the benefit of energizing the troops now fighting at the barricade. Flashing a smile to his officer he comments "Where is the fun in that?"

"Scouts! Charge!" He shouts as he puts his horse in a gallop with the mounted force behind him.

That wouldn't mean he would fight fair, not a chance. He would take the element of surprise and make it appear as if he was not prsent in the attack until the last possible second. Willing the powers of the Brosengae crown his clothing shifts and merges till it appears to the naked eye that he is just one officer within the charge. As soon as they hit the Orog line with a thought he'll dispel the illusion and by then it will be too late for the enemy to concentrate their forces against him.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

council
    Spoiler
    Show

council selection would have been done weeks ago when i had first taken office, and for that reason, i was posting it ooc. for kicks, i'll describe it now.

the general council is large, with scores of seats for every guild, law office, barony, etc. any regent within the domain can have a seat or a representative on the general council if desired.

the inner council is made up of 7 individuals selected by me, though they are all senior officials in one form or another. i will try (though i probably won't be able to all of the time) to appoint a financier, a craftsman, a military officer, a religious leader, a baron or other landed noble, a law enforcement/legal officer, and another of any capacity that i deem currently necessary. these 7 seats will rotate every 3 years so that no one gets too comfy in their position, but so that they have the chance to become proficient in the task.

individuals can serve multiple, though not consecutive, terms. in the case of public disapproval of one of the inner councilmen, i will personally hold a council that will decide whether he or she keeps the seat or not.

sereina holds the current baronial seat on the inner council.

it is this council that rules while i am away, though they are confined to my law as set forth by me. in the case where i am killed, or my condition remains unknown for longer than six months, reign passes automatically to my cousin. should i return after that time, reign will be relinquished to me once my identity has been proven.

specter
    Spoiler
    Show

the specter hasn't been officially appointed to anything yet. should he so desire, a position as the royal wizard would certainly be his. but as of yet, he hasn't taken me up on that offer.

he has agreed to keep a room in moriel, as i understand it, and has been told that he has a place on the general council (he is a regent), and he owns the respect of myself for being my mentor, an experienced, powerful voice, and an arcanist.

he does not have any official role in the application of justice in osoerde as of yet, nor is he being used in the sense of an assassin. the only reason for our secrecy right now is to avoid alerting the swamp mage too overtly (though i am sure that he has his own eyes and ears here). right now we are merely allies that share a common enemy. much as i would ally myself with elinie to go to war with ghoere if gavin should breach my borders, i am now allying myself with another regent in order to destroy the swamp mage.

should he desire it though, he would even have a position within the officer ranks of my military should he desire it, though he would then be expected to deploy with them normally.

Claíomh selects ten of his personal guard, and ten of his finest rangers (that are not deployed to Ghoere's border, anyway...), and sets out for the domain of the Swamp Mage.

Spoiler
    Show

i will presume that i don't know where his lair is (seems obvious to me). so my tactic is to arrive in the area and listen to the intel that the specter is collecting now. i have ten rangers with me that can track the hell out of the swamps if we end up noticing large troop/monster movements in the area, and the 21 of us should be formidable enough to hold our own unless we're surprised by something the likes of a company-sized troop unit, or a major awnshegh, spellcaster, or monster. at least, that is my hypothesis.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Brosengae

The soldiers surrounding Titus close in on the group of Orogs, pointed out by Virous. The scouts reinforce the barricades, but they fail to turn the tide of the battle, only by some time. The Sorceress is among the Orogs, her disguise, her swift movements betraying her disguise. Her attention remains fixed on the place, from where Virous casted his spells last. It turns to be a very easy task to slip past her surprised bodyguards and let the poisoned dagger take her heart. The bodyguards try to kill the regent, but he escapes them without as much as a scratch on his body.

Titus dispels illusion and his officers shout announcing the death of the great foe to the realm. In the chaos of the fighting it takes time for both sides to realize what happened, but as the news spread the momentum shifts to the Brosengae.

The Orogs are driven back from the barricades, but they retreat in orderly fashion, not broken and routing. There was too much chaos among the Brosengae’s troops to organize immediate counterattack effectively.
    The humanoid army is struggling to maintain order. Their Sorceress leader is slain, but Orog commanders remain and they try to rein in trolls and goblins. It appears they lack power to force a new attack, but so far they’ve managed to keep the force together, despite some visible infighting within their ranks.

The Brosengae’s commanders split once again on the issue of attacking. Some recommend assault, with Titus visible in the middle of it. Others propose to wait for the reinforcements and allies to arrive by the evening, ensuring certain victory.

Osoerde

Specter meets you in the designated place. He smiles and outlines to you three places worth investigating.

The first is Swamp Mage’s laboratory complex. It would be well trapped and defended, but also more obvious choice for his hunters to attack.

Another place is where the swamps meet the sea. There were some magical disturbances in the area, so it could be a place visited by the Swamp Mage to perform rituals or it hides some secret lair.

The third option is to search the heart of the swamp, that Swamp Mage was known to frequent. It’s a wide area of treacherous terrain, far from the civilized lands.

[OOC – I recommend increasing level of your court so it would work as efficiently as its increased complexity requires. You'll need to deal with matters that the Court is unable to resolve on itself, upon your return]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Claíomh listens to the wizard's briefing and then sits back against the stump he is on, tapping his chin, "Whichever one we go after, we need to hit hard and fast. If the Swamp Mage turns out not to be there, we can't give him time to prepare before we hit the next one.

"If I were a paranoid wizard with many enemies, I'd be skulking around in the heart of the swamps, so deep that no one but another paranoid wizard could find me."
    With that, Claíomh smiles, "Which one do you feel that he is at?"

He awaits the Specter's opinion, and then says, "We might be able to lure him out if he thinks that it is just my men and I after him. Should you stay hidden away somewhere, our approach might draw him to overconfidence. You pounce when he appears, and then we bag him."

Spoiler
    Show

yeah, i know he'll need to take care of bigger problems when he returns. i keep forgetting about realm actions; this free form roleplay has me a little turned around...

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

12. - Top - End - #132

Seamist Battle

Victory was theres, he could press the advantage now and charge but that was risky. It didn't matter if the final blow came now or later. It would come and the humans would win here. His troops needed to rest and he would let them rest until reinforcements arrive.

"Let the men rest, we will wait until reinforcements arrive. Maybe the beasts will finish themselves off as we wait.

I want a scouting party to head out into the battlefield and bring back the corpse of the witch queen. We have magical items to loot and I want to bring her body back to Bindier for a public burning.

And, send a message to Virous, tell him and his men to loop around and link up with the main force."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Osoerde

In the sorcerer’s duel the element of surprise can spell the difference between victory and defeat. Specter changes into the clothes of a ranger and joins your group. He lacks the skills of a ranger, but the subterfuge could be revealed only on close inspection. “I will refrain from using magic until the time is right. I will signal you if I notice any magic activity. I can also use subtle spells. They can be detected only if specifically watched for” Specter tells you.

As you go deeper into the swamps rangers spot a number of tracks and camp sites, some relatively new, others months old. Disturbingly very few people seem to come back. The place where poisoned sword wounded you during the Gryphon’s attack aches dully for a moment as if reminding you of the dangers awaiting you.

Specter mutters something about the Shadow World. When asked he explains that the barrier here feels weak. “It is odd considering that it’s summer. It usually remains strong during this time. The Shadow World is place of illusions and many evils. It can be tapped for dark magic by strong wizards

Several days later a figure walks to you from the mists. Your rangers have their swords draw, surprised by the sudden appearance of the stranger. You notice Specter signaling you something is off. It is a man, dressed in ragged and dirty clothes. He is carrying several dead birds and his gear is that of hunter. “My, my. Who might you be? I’m Tom. I didn’t expect to meet anyone in these parts. Nothing of note here for miles” he smiles at you with a tired, but honest smile.

Seamist Mountains Campaign

Brosengae’s troops rest and bury their dead. Many soldiers met their end during the last humanoid’s attack. The campaign in Seamist Mountains will be harder to use for propaganda now as the victory was bought at a heavy price.

The death of Elaenadaere and trial by battle have sealed regent’s position in Brosengae. At least for a time no one will dare to challenge Titus. The belongings of the sorceress were gathered and locked safely in a chest, to be examined by the royal wizard, when time allows it.

The humanoids continue infighting. Their horde could have overrun Brosengae’s position if they acted in cohesion, but instead they continue to struggle for dominance. The reinforcements from the Law Guilds arrive, but they are few in numbers to allow for an attack. Some officers mutter that if the law holdings held first loyalty to Titus, then the response would have been much swifter.

Cadogan’s forces arrive near the end of the day. The troops strength isn’t at its best, since they are tired from marching. It will soon grow dark, giving the humanoids the advantage. On other hand the enemy force seems to be in disarray and Brosengae’s army killed many of their numbers, including Orogs. It is possible that a swift attack might break their resistance, before exhaustion and darkness play their role.

14. - Top - End - #134

Seamist battle

Titus greeted the newly arrived soldiers jovialy even though deep down he wished them death most horrible. They are quickly positioned on the front to allow for his own men to be pulled away from active duty.

He orders his commanders to prepare for an assault later in the day using these new troops at the forefront of the battle in a bid to preserve his own army from further losses.

Message to Cadogan:

You have missed the main battle, but you have arrived just in time to finish off the last of the Witch Queen's force. The She-Elf herself is dead, her body destined for the pyre.

I am preparing a final assault later in the day but I require your forces assistance in striking the Orog's rear in order to crush them once and for all.

-Titus

15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Cadogan - Seamist Mountains

Cadogan sends a brief sending to Titus: "Agreed - should attack before dusk. Will lead charge if you can simply block retreat route."

Cadogan orders the Rangers to take up flanking positions, taking advantage of the disorder in the humanoid camp to sneak around. When they are in position, the Guard launches a cavalry charge through the well-cleared woods ((as a result of various fires Titus has set, and being close to civilization)). Following the shock of the charge ((which the enemy is unaccustomed to, because Titus hadn't had real cavalry, only mounted scouts, not to mention that cavalry charges are terrifying no matter how prepared you are)), the Rangers open fire, aiming specifically for any humanoid that looks like he is trying to give orders.

Cadogan leads the cavalry charge personally, emboldening his men and lending his own physical prowess to the front lines.

The priests and other volunteers hold the rear, treating the wounded as they come in, and picking off any humanoids who attempt to flee past my lines.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Seamist Mountains

The charge lacks its full power due to terrain constraints, but humanoids army doesn’t have the will and organization to properly resist it, especially being attacked from another side by Titus. In the first seconds of battle Cadogan takes the head of the troll and then overruns several terrified goblins.

The tactic of sniping those in charge proves quite effective. Soldiers of Brosengae and Endier plow their way through the rapidly collapsing enemy lines and most goblins chose to flee rather than die. Orgos seem to form an organized force to break through the attackers and escape. Trolls are the only ones still with spirit to fight, but there aren’t many of them left by this point.

Yet a danger still lurks in the chaos of battle. Several crossbows bolts fly aimed at Cadogan from behind a group of Orogs he has engaged. They miss and one bolt actually embeds itself into the arm of an unlucky Orog, who moved to circle around Cadogan at the moment. The projectiles seem well crafted, unlike the crude bow weapons of goblins.

17. - Top - End - #137

BlueKnightGuy

Cadogan saw and very nearly felt the crossbow bolts whizzing past. With one look, he knows they are of a much higher quality than what has been fired at him over the past weeks. He offers a brief prayer to Haelyn and rallies the men closest to him, forming a shield wall. With a yell nearly superhuman in its volume, he addresses his assassins: "You have lost. Lay down your weapons and you shall have mercy. Do not, and you shall receive none!" If the mysterious assailants do not surrender, he orders any Rangers within earshot to fire back in the direction from which the bolts had been loosed. Slowly but steadily, he moves the shield formation in that same direction.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Seamist Mountains

The projectiles continue flying, while Cadogan's men form the shield formation. One of the Endierian Guard is felled and another is lightly wounded. He smiles despite the pain and takes his place in the shield formation near Cadogan.

The assailants don't take Cadogan's offer to surrender and instead attack him and his bodyguards. They are draped in rags and have paint on their bodies to pass for a goblin from a long distance, but up close it is obvious they are human. The shield formation keeps them at bay, but soon it becomes apparent that was only a distraction.

Suddenly, several assassins strike from the rear. Unlike the attackers in front they are dressed normally. The only unusual feature is cloth, worn over their faces, masking their identity. Assassins shouldn't have been able to circle around Endierian Guard with Rangers on the flanks, but somehow here they are. Their attack succeeds due to their skill and element of surprise as they skillfully make their way closer to Cadogan.

19. - Top - End - #139

BlueKnightGuy

Cadogan- Seamist Mountains

Cadogan's heart begins to beat very quickly, and he becomes acutely aware of his blood coursing through his veins. The blood of Anduiras overcomes him, and it is as if the dead god has taken over. Feeling invincible, he breaks formation and charges towards the human assassins. As he races towards his assailants, missiles seem to just miss his body, as if diverted by a divine hand. One or two connect, but he breaks them off and continues rushing forward, the blood blinding him to any pain. With alarming speed, he reaches the assassins, and quickly overcomes the first, his sword movements being made with such supernatural strength that the enemies simply cannot hold on to their weapons. He is stabbed repeatedly in the back before he can bring them all down, but again, his wounds do not seem to bother him, and even seem to heal themselves slowly. As he wrestles the last one to the ground, he makes sure that they are both alive and will survive the battle. There would be questions soon, and his priests have ways of bringing out the truth.

((OoC: I was inspired to write that up, using a little bit of a sort of free-form blood ability, combined with some expenditure of regency, and some near-death experience. Basically, a little protection from missiles, probably some temporary hit points, and some minor regeneration. Since you had said earlier that you were disappointed we weren't using our blood, I thought this might be a cool way to bring it out. It's definitely free-form, and only roughly based on the rules. If you like it, go with it, if not, scratch it, and I'll go with a more conservative approach of rallying troops and keeping a tight formation. Also, if the priests aren't so far back as to be out of earshot, I'd try calling to them. Also, either way, remember that regents get extra HP from their connection to the land, so he should be tough to kill.))

-Albert Einstein

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    i'm doing the equivalent of trying to disbelieve an illusion, remembering that i have the detect illusion blood ability:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=117810

i don't think that you ever mentioned anything about my blood abilities; i had wondered if you wanted me to pare the list down at all, pick different ones, or if this works. i assumed then that this was fine, but if not, it's not going to hurt my feelings to have to change it up.

Claíomh nods in greeting to the traveler, studying him carefully, but with a friendly smile. As he steps forward and waves to the man, he does so with the hand signal that tells his soldiers and rangers to be on the ready.

"Well met, Tom. Where are you coming from?"
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2009-05-05 at 11:40 AM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

21. - Top - End - #141

Seamist Mountains

What the devil was that damn ambassador doing? The blasted fool, why did he wait till now to launch the assassination and so publically. Does he posess no subtletly or knowledge of the hidden arts? Now, Titus would be forced to intervene in a battle he was choosing to sit out so to appear as he was not responsible for this...and indeed he was not. Left to him, the assassination would have taken place in the night with now witnesses.

Spinning his horse around in front of the battlements he charges towards the lines of combat and his men. Shouting orders, "Rally men! Rally! Traitors are within our ranks! Watch your back for servants of the Witch Queen!"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cadogan

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, the blood ability use works. You’ve singlehandedly capture two skilled assassins, while escaping their trap. It is a near death experience, as you mentioned, with some recovery time required afterwards. Your blood abilities are now established to amplify your personal prowess and endurance in lieu with you being a pure fighter class.

The rush of divine blood subsides in Cadogan and many wounds he sustained during this few seconds begin to ache increasingly, promising to turn into torrents of pain. His men surround him awed by the display of his skill and he is offered a flask with healing draught.

But the battle is not over yet. Orogs are preparing to break through the Rangers to escape into the Seamist Mountains. The human armies are to exhausted to give proper chase, so if they succeed, they may evade their doom. It also possible be that there are more assassins biding their time. Even with healing draught Cadogan might not have endurance to fight them off next time. His body cries for him to just let it rest.

Titus
    Spoiler
    Show

I’m not sure you are actually aware of the assassination attempt at the moment. You are on the two sides of the battle and there should be still a number of fleeing humanoids in between. It would be possible if you specifically look out for such attempt.

There is also another matter that can divert your attention. Goblins and Trolls are practically finished by this moment, but Orogs are still organized as they try hold off the advancing Titus and Cadogan, while breaking through the Rangers to escape in Seamist Mountains

Claiomh

Spoiler
    Show

Well if the selection suits you I have no problem. Basically I want blood abilities to add something extra or enhance some side of your character. So it can increase your leadership ability or give you superior endurance, or protect you from magic, or give your greater command skills, etc.

The success of freeform actions largely depends on your class. For example. Titus had no problem carrying out an assassination mission, Cadogan is strong, direct fighter. If I understand your classes correctly your maximum potential is with leading a group of followers, plus clever use of spells.

The “man” before you is nothing more than a trick of magic. You can see lines of light forming an image, entwining into a mystical pattern. The spell was crafted very recently and is of high potency. It would mean that a certain powerful wizard must be close by. Perhaps your guess of Swamp Mage’s location was very lucky indeed.

Well, I live here. Never left the swamps for the past eight years. Never I did. Folk fear this parts, because of all sorcery, but with them wizards, it’s like with wild beasts. Got to know their habits and you are safe. When him, wizard comes to this parts old Tom just goes to his small shack and keeps his nose to the ground. I can sniff them sorceries when there are here and when they are away. You sir’s must be looking for the wizard. Cause there aint’ nothing else of note in these part.”

The illusion looks at you obviously expecting an answer. It's a bit disturbing to both percieve it as a real person and as something non-existant, a magic illusion.

23. - Top - End - #143

BlueKnightGuy

Cadogan felt control of his body return to him, with all the aches and pains that came with it. He knew he was lucky to be alive. Turning to one of his veteran soldiers, and friends - yes, it was Colonel Tigh, who had given him the healing draught - he says "Take my horn and signal for the Rangers to break formation." After Tigh does so, he adds: "They are not prepared to hold a line against a charging enemy, but can inflict heavy casualties shooting from concealed positions as the Orogs try to flee through them. If they remember their training, they'll take to the trees, and make the Orogs pay heavily indeed for their retreat. Gather the Guard to our position, and allow only those men we brought from Endier access to me. We have broken the humanoid threat, but we must be cautious until we can sort out the humanthreat afoot here. Besides, an army of fleeing Orogs will leave clear tracks, and they can be hunted down at our leisure. Make sure that my little friends here are secured beyond the possibility of escape, and kept alive - barely. Healing our own men will come first, but soon after my priests will have questions for these swine."

As Cadogan allows his body and mind to slip into restfulness, he feels confident in Colonel Tigh's ability to handle matters as the acting commander until he should awake.

-Albert Einstein

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Claíomh nods to the old man, "Yes, there truly is little else here..."

Then he turns to the soldiers, his voice level and calm, "This is an illusion–it is a good one, but it is an illusion. You must be careful though, for even illusions can harm you. But if you can disbelieve them, they are of little danger. Trust me, and be alert. Skirmish formation with me as point, now!"

His men are confused and nervous, but their training is excellent, and though they don't understand why, they move quickly into a large diamond formation with ample space between individuals in order to lessen area effect damage. The rangers are spread along the perimeter, and the house guard, heavy infantry that they are, make up the core of the formation, ready to react in any direction.

Even as they move, Claíomh turns back to the illusory hunter, "Well met, Swamp Mage. You are a master craftsman, it would seem. I can usually spot the flaws in a phantasm from a mile away. I had to actually get close to perceive yours."

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

25. - Top - End - #145

Seamist battle

Titus directs his troops against the disorganized and scattered trolls and goblins, preferring to finish them off rather than persue the stronger and more Orogs. Riding around the flanks of his force he stabs at retreating goblinoids with his rapier.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

bump......

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns