New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: In space, no one can hear you scream (aliens RPG)

Mila will take the front, given her particular weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid_lord View Post
    I rise from the depths of hell once more to answer the call of...MESHAKHAD!!!!
    Founder/Rabbi of the Kazumi Kato and Daigo ???? Fanclub

Gordon Freeman avatar by Dr. Bath.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Landing will take the center - wherever that is - and use her leadership to boost all spot and listen checks.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

PCF Korvanic
    Corporal Friedhelm
    PCF Roberts
    sergeant Landing
    Corporal Danot
    Jakob

The squad forms into a rough line, about 5 meters apart from each other with PCF Korvanic leading the way with her smart gun, corporal friedhelm, PCF Roberts and Sergeant Landing follow in succession. Corporal Danot and Jakob bring up the rear.

The second squad lead by the lieutenant follows about 25 meters behind, close enough to provide cover and watch your flanks, while still being far enough away to not be easily spotted.

Thick underbrush makes travel in the forest difficult. Big leafy ferns, bushes and the trunks of large pine trees provide ample cover for any would be assailant to hide. The sun shines down through holes in the canopy, casting shadows at odd angels. The effect makes your eyes play tricks on you and you fight the urge to start jumping at shadows.

A flash of movement draws Mila’s attention, her big smart gun swings out to her left and up slightly looking for a target to lock on to. Corporal Friedhelm spots the same movement and brings his rifle up to shoot.

[ooc]
    Ok I took the liberty of putting everyone in formation. Those that responded to my last post got the positions they wanted. I sort of threw everyone else in.

surprise round.
    I need Mila and Dustin to roll initiative. While pretty much everyone else spotted the thing in the bushes. You are too far back to engage without risking friendly fire. You’ll have to wait till the surprise round is over to act.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Corporal Dustin Friedhelm

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[8] - Captain Slowpoke to the Rescue!

Upon noticing movement, Dustin instinctively crouches, signaling the others to drop low as well. He readies his gun to shoot at any hostile to jump out at him or his comrades.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move - Crouch (+2 Defense vs. Ranged, -2 Defense vs. Melee, making my Defense now 24 or 20)
    Standard - Readied attack vs. hostile target if it is revealed Nevermind, surprise rounds don't allow full actions.

Also, would a battle header like the one below work? It can go right below the name.

Initiative: 8
    HP: 32 / 32 [♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥]
    AC: 24 vs. Ranged, 20 vs. Melee, 22 Base

The 's would be replaced with 's as damage is taken. Yes, it's a Zelda-style lifebar. It would help the medic to see how butchered I am with a visual aid.

Last edited by Mangy Mathan; 2009-04-26 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    The problem, you see, is that your campaign clearly revolves around the divine, and Dungeons and Dragons players are by nature rugged, sexy, staunch individualists who flip the bird at The System whenever possible

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

[ ooc]

Ok I’ve rolled initiative for Mila. She’s rolled a 19 and therefore gets to go first. What she decides to do is up to her.

Ok, you know what, I’m seriously concerned about the interest most of you have in this game. My last post was on a Thursday and in the five days since, I’ve only received one post. I’ve asked for player interactions like marching orders and initiative checks (just now). I want players to make these rolls and decisions, not me (otherwise I might as well just write a book.).

If you guys have lost interest and don’t want to play anymore just let me know and I’ll end it. also if you guys still want to continue but don’t want respond to my requests for player input then I’m going to just end it anyway. I don’t really want to do this, but I feel I will if I feel that I don’t really have any players. I know that i haven't been 100% on time with my posts but I've tried. That's the important thing, that people try to play. I get this vibe that no one here save one or two people are actually trying to play.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

It may actually have something to do with the time of the year. Since Easter, each of the games I'm involved in, save one, has seemingly lost half its players. So, not sure.
    The problem, you see, is that your campaign clearly revolves around the divine, and Dungeons and Dragons players are by nature rugged, sexy, staunch individualists who flip the bird at The System whenever possible

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC: The forum has a habit of eating my posts.)

Mila scans for any kind of target.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+9)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

(OCC: I'm still here. I've just felt kinda burned out lately. Dunno why.)

George grabbed at his rifle and dropped to his knee. "What is it?" He asked in a hushed tone.

9. - Top - End - #39

"Could just be the light but if not... At a guess? - Whoever shot us down. Probably coming to finish the job. Use your damn eyes, why don't you?" says Landing, still working out the tricky problem of how to bawl the idiot out without making too much noise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I can't do anything since you said my character was too far back. If I had an idea of the area's layout, maybe I could come up with a plan or do something, like break for more cover.

Spot:(1d20+1)[19]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

The bushes off to your left rustles slightly. A black blur bursts from the bushes. It soars several feet in the air, before landing on all fours and charges Mila, too quick for her to bring her weapon to bear.

When it lands you get a good look at it. It’s a large black ape like creature with very long, muscular arms that end in sharp curved claws. And its about a round away from tearing Mila a new one.
    [ooc]

Ok Dustin’s up in initiative order, then everyone else gets to get involved. Assuming of course this thing survives your overwhelming firepower.
    oh yeah you all can roll initiative (including Dustin and Mila... again).
    Last edited by TheThan; 2009-04-30 at 06:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Mila brings her weapon to bear.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+3)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Corporal Dustin Friedhelm

[[Forums have been stupidly slow.]]

Dustin rises to get a better shot, then unloads on the creature. Not normally one for killing.... wildlife, he knew it was better than letting it rip into his companions.

Pulse Rifle Attack - (1d20+7)[21]
    Pulse Rifle Critical - (1d20+7)[21]
    Pulse Rifle Damage - (2d8)[12]
    Last edited by Mangy Mathan; 2009-05-02 at 12:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

The bark of Dustin’s assault rifle fills your ears as he fires at the creature. His shots slam into the creature staggering it, but not killing it. It howls in pain and turns to face its new enemy, rage burned into its simian face.

The howl of the creature awakens the forest around you, off in the distance you hear similar howls, as if a group of these creatures have responded to the creature’s call.

[ooc]

Ok I still need some initiative checks

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tiger Roberts

He brings his rifle up and steadies it against his shoulder. Ready to fire should the creature attack.

( initiative (1d20)[17] +4 )