New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Evil ascendant.

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Evil ascendant.

sorry for the delay. I had to unload a fridge with my dad. however now we're finally going to start! ust be aware I'm a little new at this. the things in quotes is what I'll be saying to my players excluding the things in parentheses. PM me if it could use some editing and more or less detail.

"you're in a bar after each of your respective events. some of which were bad some which were good and some which were somewhere in between. Irukal, Sartorious, and Robert lellewyn are all enjoying a pint of dwarven beer (the best beer ever in your opinions. to you the best beer made by humans now tastes like moose urine in comparison) when a barbarian walks through the door. (philaenas that's you.)"
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-02 at 09:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Evil ascendant.

Irukal sits at the bar quietly, taking very occasional sips from his still almost full mug. He seems to be contemplating something.

He glances at the newcomer, then stares a bit longer at the unfamiliar face. He goes back to his thoughts and drink, but keeps watching out the corner of his eye to see what this stranger will do.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sartorious will look up at the sound of the door opening and take in the stranger sizing him up. But not knowing who he is goes back to drinking this fabulous ale. Asking the people around him do you know the new guy?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

the commoners reply "no never seen him before. who do you think he is and what do you think he's doing here?" another replies rudely. "maybe he's here to smash some kobolds."

and starts laughing at his horrible joke.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-03 at 06:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

GnomeWizardGuy

Sartorious will tell the commoner "I dont know, i'm going to find out though." I will then get out of my chair and walk up to him greeting him " Hello my name is Sartorious and who might you be?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

A very big muscular human male, carrying a huge flail strapped to his back, enters the tavern. His long brown hair is very unkempt at the moment, accompanied by a heavy beard. He looks as if he has been sleeping in the woods for the past few days (which in fact he has) and has a somewhat tired look on his face. "Greetings Sartorious, my name is simply Rougar, very pleased to meet you. I don't mean to be rude, but is that dwarven ale you men are drinking yonder? It has been ages since I have had the pleasure of enjoying such a very welcome treat! Would you mind serving some of that fine broth to my tired frame? I would be endlessly grateful good Sir."
    Seneca the Younger: “Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.”

Shields are powerful tools.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

at your request the bartender (who is a dwarf hence the dwarven ale) fills up a mug of frothy foaming ale and passes it your way."on the house" he says.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-02 at 09:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

GnomeWizardGuy

"Pleasure to meet you too. So what brings you here? You look like you haven't slept in a good bed in ages." With this i will show him a seat by mine so we can talk in relative comfort.
    Last edited by evil-frosty; 2009-07-02 at 03:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

the same jerk speaks up again and says "I didn't know there was a god of nice manners cleric."
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-03 at 10:05 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

GnomeWizardGuy

"Pelor is a God of Light and Good. And yes does show manners apparently you don't though."
    Last edited by evil-frosty; 2009-07-03 at 10:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

the commoner looks shocked and says Pelor? who in the nine hells is Pelor? he also looks quite offended but doesn't seem to say anything because he knows you're right about his manners.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Rougar purposefully ignores the man who is displaying no manners whatsoever and turns to grab his ale and sit at the table where the cleric was sitting. "I thank you ever so much for the ale good sir! You were right about me not having slept in a decent manner the last few days. I have been living off the lands in the forest for a long time now, but decided to come back to the civilized world, since the forest is turning very malicious at the moment..."
    Seneca the Younger: “Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.”

13. - Top - End - #13

GnomeWizardGuy

Ignoring the commoner Sartorious will turn to Rougar and say "Why has the forest been so malicious as of late? I have not heard a thing."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

seeing you no longer care and are not going to answer his question the commoner goes back to drinking his single malt whiskey.(pretty much the only distinctive drink I know of other than gin and tonic.)

then another person says in response to Rougar's comment some mighty strange things been goin' on lately. yessir mighty strange.the person is very old and looks a bit like a hobo. he's wearing a fedora that got over his right eye concealing it. he has long white hair and a beard. his clothes look frayed as if he hasn't changed in weeks and he seems to be drinking shots of something although you can't really tell what it is. somethin's different. somethin's happened. he says cryptically.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-03 at 06:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

GnomeWizardGuy

"Hmmm strange you say? In what way? Also i like your hat. Quite stylish.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I thank you kind sir. I don't know quite how to describe it. it feels like the air itself stinks of Malice. that's probably because of the evil influences around this town. I hope that it isn't the influence of the evil gods. this town has been through enough without them coming. why do you want to know anyway? he says and looks at you. you notice there are three claw scrapes around his right eye and the eye itself is white. he is quite obviously blind in that eye.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-03 at 07:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

GnomeWizardGuy

"If something strange is happening. I want to know about it so i can better prepare for it. And you know not die because of it.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

ah. I thought you were foolish enough to try and do something about it he says and starts laughing.

19. - Top - End - #19

GnomeWizardGuy

"Color me a fool then. But to do anything about it i will need more information. If you would be so kind as to diverge it. I would appreciate it."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

the man looks taken aback and pauses for a while. uh. well I've noticed some strange going ons on the edge of town. there's a house there that nobody lives in anymore. SOMETHING lives there though. every time you pass it you hear a giant roar. he pauses and rubs his beard between his index finger and thumb.sounded a bit like a giant lizard. although there was this one voice. I think it was a banshee. can't be too sure though. I didn't stick around. he thinks for a while and says I also heard a malicious laugh after one of the lizard's screams.

21. - Top - End - #21

GnomeWizardGuy

Sartorious will turn to Rougar and ask him "You have been living in the forest. Do you know of anything like this?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well yes, I agree the forests have been taking on a sort of malicious air... I can't quite describe it, but if you find yourself to be in the forest at this time, it just feels like something might jump on you any minute. At any rate, I had to get out of there, or it would have driven me insane. This Old Timer seems to have noticed it too. So you mentioned house nobody lives in, yet screams are coming from within?" Rougar turned to the Old Man, his mug of frothing ale still in hand, occasionally taking a sip.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

he turns to you and says you think your forest was bad? believe me whatever is in that house is worse. if you're actually crazy enough to go I suggest taking more people. a barbarian and a cleric ain't gonna cut it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Tell me, how do you know so much about this house? I thought ou said you only heard sounds from within, hardly enough information to establish immediate danger upon entering. And if I would be willing to enter that place, knowing it might do some good, I'm sure more hearty sould can be found."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I thought maybe you were wise enough to stay away with merely that information. I didn't go in. I don't know what's in there except for one thing. I used to be an adventurer in my day and I know of only one creature that can make that sound. a dragon. mettallic to be specific. at this the barkeep says "hey man you're scaring away the customers. could you please leave?" at which point the man gets up and before leaving says if you are truly intent upon entering I suggest a few more people. if whatever is in there is enough to take on a metallic dragon you're going to need them.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-04 at 10:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

GnomeWizardGuy

"We're adventurers when did wise become a requirement? And do you know of anyone you would want to come along? And barkeep i think i am going to need another ale, maybe two.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

sorry no.the only adventurers I ever knew died long ago. good luck with your adventure. auf wedersehen.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2009-07-05 at 12:01 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Hm, Sartorious, do you reckon this evil presence might have something to do with the rise of maliciousness lately? I think we might have to observe the house from a safe distance to determine more about its nature. And barkeep, I second that notion, another ale for me as well!"

29. - Top - End - #29

GnomeWizardGuy

"I have never heard of this house before now so your guess is as good as mine. But yes i do think so. When do you want to leave to spy on this house?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Irukal gets up from his bar seat and walks over to Sartorious and Rougar. "Hello, Sartorious was it? My name is Irukal. I heard you mention" - he pauses, glances around briefly, and almost whispers the next word - "Pelor. I'm surprised you even know the name at all, but you spoke as if you know considerably more than that. I'm also surprised you learned it without also learning the sense to not announce it to the world, but that's another matter. I suspect we have much to discuss and maybe even common goals, and I would like to investigate this mysterious house with you."
    Last edited by Douglas; 2009-07-05 at 09:51 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)