New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: God-Kings of Lotus

Watcher walks over to the group, having spent the last few moments listening to what his companions, and the one known Iulus, had to say.

"I think we would all feel more comfortable if you removed any and all weapons you have on you." He says after lifting up his mask slightly to get a breath of air that didn't smell heavily of iron, revealing lightly tanned skin, and a chin that looked like it hadn't been shaven in a few days. "Also, I would like to know just what sort of weaponry you were sent to find, and where under this city it lies."

His entire body screams out that he should chop off this vile being's head. That he should suffer for each and every person that he killed today. But he quashes the inner voice down, letting instead a faint amount of golden light shine out from his covered forehead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Judges Ear Technique, mostly because he still doesn't trust the oaths.
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks, Uncle Zephyr," murmurs Konoko, as the Lunar picks her up off her mother's shoulders. As much as the assault and kidnapping frightened her, the little girl recognizes that she's now in the care of the two most powerful beings in the city, maybe even the whole East. It's hard not to feel safe between the two of them, especially after having seen what they are capable of when their full wrath is provoked. "It's okay, really. The cut isn't even that bad. Although you should make sure you get Mister Iulus's knife away from him, even with the oath."

She worms her way out of Zephyr's grasp, brushing off Rising Echo as he attempts to inspect her wounds. Instead, she walks briskly over to where Iulus lies pinned. As she strokes the hound's fur, she looks down at the man who, minutes ago, held a hellwand to her head. "Mister Iulus, you're kind of a prick. You'd better not try any of that stuff again, or you'll have to deal with me."

The Infernal endures Konoko's abuse with as much good humor as he can muster, trying to ignore the child. It would not be entirely unsatisfying to reach out with his one free hand and throttle her, wring her little neck till she begged for breath–but he cannot afford to do that, now or ever, if he wishes to live. Watcher's inquiry is a welcome reprieve from Konoko's girlish chiding; at least he acts like a fellow professional. "I have a switchklave up the sleeve of my right arm, but I'm afraid I can't remove it unless this hound gets up off me. There's a small pouch of algarel on my belt, not that it's any good to me without my hellwand." He smiles as best he can, much as he loathes having the truth wrung out of him.

"As for the weapons beneath the city...hell, I don't really know it all. Alveua said there'd be a warstrider and a few suits of power armor down there, and odds are we'd find a few good essence cannons or implosion bows down there. Beyond that? Who knows? Could well be an Apotheosis Gun, or a Dragon-Swallower, or a Yeddimpult. My boss wasn't exactly clear on what all he wanted, you know."
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2009-06-29 at 12:54 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr turned a laconic grin on Yomiko. Bright girl you're raising there. Don't know where she picks up the language, though. He said with a soft laugh.
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2009-06-29 at 12:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Yomiko smiles at Zephyr's words, a smile she hasn't had in what feels like a lifetime. She speaks up, talking to her daughter. "Konoko! Don't use such foul language, it's not polite. Even with people like him." She continues to smile at her.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #575

Watcher

"Interesting. They all sound like thinsg that we could put to much better uses." He says, ignoring the exchange going on with the others. He kneels and removes the two weapons Iulus mentions, cutting through the fabric with one of his boomerangs if he has to. " You still haven't answered one of my questions though. Where exactly are they?"

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

6. - Top - End - #576
    Troll in the Playground

"Look, I don't know exactly where they are. I was supposed to be going down there and finding them, but I can't exactly do that now, can I? All I know is that they're somewhere underground, and that my boss thought it'd be necessary to bring along a tough bastard like Vega to find them." Iulus seems annoyed by all the questioning, not happy to be shackled to unflagging truth.

Konoko grins back at Yomiko, childishly overjoyed to be back with her mother.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

"...They're guarded then. Like Aesha's tomb was," Ivory says, speaking plainly and in front of Iulus, not out of haste but out of a cold and vindictive desire to make it clear to him that he is little more than scenery in her regard. "Deeper down, perhaps. Likely guarded by another Demon of the Second Circle. Perhaps even of the Third, if a true Sorcerer meant to keep these things hidden," Ivory says, looking about her. She instructs the Hound atop Iulus to withdraw, slightly, so that he may surrender the switchklaive.

"We're in no condition to find it today. Once we are hale again, and restored of essence..."

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Iulus seems genuinely surprised at this. "Bound demons? That's all there is? I'd thought for sure there'd be some kind of, you know, killer robot or explosive runes. If it's demons, I could just teach you how to banish them back–or to summon up some of your own. What do you say, sorceress?" His obsequiousness is almost appalling, like a servant desperately seeking out ways to please his master.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr yawned conspicously, stretching. His voice was pleasant and even, but also quite firm. "I think the first thing we need to do is get some rest... hmm... but what do we do with this one? We can't watch him all the the time, after all, at least not effectively..."

10. - Top - End - #580

Watcher

"You can all guess my opinion." Watcher mutters as he gets up, pocketing the switchklave and pouch. "It would give us one less thing to worry about; but Ivory has already made her threats, so I will stop speaking of it. Perhaps Captain Transval will have a solution."

"I do have one more question though."
    He turns back to Iulus. "Now that you have failed, will your master think it necessary to send more warriors here; so that he may try again?"

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Iulus laughs bitterly. "You overestimate the value of your little village. Lotus was but one of several goals, each one a veritable arsenal of weaponry. My master does not play at games in which it is impossible to lose. No, there will be no more sent after Lotus, because there is no need of it. If I were you, I would simply consider myself lucky that this city lies far to the East, not on the Blessed Isle."

12. - Top - End - #582

Ivory is growing visibly impatient, and a tilt of head sends the two free Hounds pouncing towards Iulus. While one holds him by the legs, the other two settle neatly on the floor, each with a hand in their mouths. It is by her grace that they have not yet bitten down.

"I summoned these hounds...maybe five hours ago," Ivory says as she pulls a seat from the wall and sets it beside the man, setting her hands in her lap gently. "You will begin talking now, while someone fetches whatever means is available to secure you, and if by the end of their lifespans I am not satisfied with the honesty, alacrity, or clarity of your answers, I will order my dogs to take you into the fields just before they expire. Now, if we've reached an understanding, you'll begin by telling me exactly what other places you've heard of in regards to your master's plans. You will then continue by explaining to me exactly what your master has planned for the Isle...or has planned, just in general. And, I think, you should start by answering a simple question: what are you? The Yozi do not have Exalts."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

Iulus grins a toothy, dragonish smile. "They do now. On the final night of Calibration–almost a year ago, now, with the year's end come so close–a demon came to me, and offered me power beyond the wit of mortal man to know. He offered Exaltation, if only I would agree to serve the Ebon Dragon. I accepted, and I was transformed. Now I am as I am, a Fiend of the Infernal Exalted." Even dragged out cruciform as he is, he still manages to smirk as he reveals himself. "Now, my master did not see fit to reveal any of his plan to me beyond my role, but I have spoken some with a few of my peers. Foremost Machaion has gone to Lookshy, I know that. Grinning Mishka and the Overluscious Peach of Fleshly Pleasure have made pilgrimage to the Lap, though for all I know, they could merely be there to corrupt the monks. The good Doctor Brass has traveled all the way down to sunken Luthe, and Cyan Manosque is doing something in the Imperial City itself. Beyond such gossip, I know nothing. And as to his plans...well, he's a whole lot of First Age weapons on the Blessed Isle itself. Your guess is gonna be just as good as mine, but I think he's trying to take down the Empire." He says this with some particular relish, licking his lips.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr spat, his own opinion of the Empire, perhaps, clouding his judgment. As decadent as many of the Dragonblooded are, for all we know this Dragon is planning to arm them and use them as catspaws.

He turned to Iulus, smiling quietly. And as clever as your master may be, one of his little toys has already fallen to us. Our former selves defeated the Yozi once. If we must, we shall do it again. Once again with deliberate care, he yanked a splinter of Vega's skull out of his mouth, spitting a bit of blood onto the floor. "No matter what new tricks they have up their sleeves."

Luthe... he pondered. That name rang bells. One of the greatest Lunar heroes to ever live, the great Admiral Leviathan... yes, he still dwelled near sunken Luthe, did he not? A warning must be sent. The Silver Pact must be made aware, if they were not already.

He looked at Iulus, narrowing his eyes. Mmm.. but tell me... I assume that you and your compatriot were among the weaker of your kindred? Surely the Yozi would not have sent their best agents if, as you say, Lotus was a target of no particular importance. And did you or your masters, or any other servants thereof have aught to do with the raiders who attacked Lotus today?

15. - Top - End - #585
    Troll in the Playground

Iulus stares morbidly at the splinters of skull Zephyr expectorates, mindful of just how much strength the Lunar's jaws must have possessed to crush in the viridian exoskeleton that enclosed the late Vega. "We are...were, I guess...middlemen for the Yozis. We weren't mewling neonates, fresh out of the chrysalis, but we weren't the big men in Malfeas. If any of the Yozis had sent their greatest champion to Lotus, the city would be razed and in ruins before you could wake from your last night's slumber." He says this with no particular ego, but with calm calculation.

"The raiders were our men, naturally. A distraction so that we could kidnap the Zenith's daughter. About a month ago, me and Vega conquered Akern, a few days' march north of here. We made a few improvements to the standing army, drafted the peasants to give us some expendable forces, and then marched them all against you. I imagine you killed them all, right?"

The Fiend laughs, pleased to reveal that particular secret. "Sure, they were either compelled or intimidated into fighting against you, but it's all right, isn't it? The Silver Bitch named you her champion, so anything you do has to be righteous and upstanding, doesn't it?"

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr felt a twinge of remorse at that. Those raiders had been drafted peasants - they had come because they were driven by demons, not because they had wanted to. His face grew grim. He would have to make what reparations he could for that. He dispatched a messenger immediately, as well as a swift-winged falcon, to let both his human and bestial forces know to lay off whatever might remain of the raiders.

Turning back to Iulus, his eyes blazed as he fixed the Fiend with a look that would make a Tyrant Lizard lose control of its bodily functions. He leaned in very close, enunciating each word carefully, so that Iulus could see the little bits of Vega still stuck in the Lunar's teeth. "I will not kill you, for now, creature of the Yozi, but hear my words. I fought to defend my home, and if those people that you and your... former comrade forced against this place truly did not wish to come, then I regret having to kill them. My actions are my own, and though I am Luna's champion, I do not claim moral authority from that. I simply do what I think is right, as best I can. I try to serve the people and protect them, as best I can. Luna has given me purpose, and I try to fulfill it, as best I can. I am far from perfect. But at least I am not the catamite man-whore of a Yozi-Wyrm.

And heed this particularly well, you Malfeas-spawned sack of filth. I already said that I will not kill you. But if you disrespect my Lady Luna in my presence again, I will test to what limits your miserable carcass to feel pain, and you will wish I was as gentle with you as I was with your friend.
    "
    Last edited by WhiteKnight777; 2009-06-29 at 04:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #587

Ivory responds to an insult against Zephyr's patron with far more fury than she would one against her own: a nod and the hound with which whom Iulus is most familiar begins putting on a bit more weight, a bit more pressure.

"You really are a remorseless thing, aren't you?"

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr smiled over at Ivory in thanks for her support, before returning his gaze to the Fiend.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

echo's face goes flat at that. "I would remind you, we have only promised you your life. nothing was said about it's quality. With the right use of Charms and tourniquets, we could reduce you to a torso and a head, living on bread and water."

Echo scowls. "Where did the Yozi get their Exalted? your banner is not familiar to me."
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Iulus smiles humbly. "I am what I am. To ask that I feel regret, feel sorrow for what I have done to the peoples of Creation–would you shed tears at swatting a fly, or trapping a rat? If you would have me feign apology, shed false tears for my crimes, then so be it–but I swore to be honest, not compassionate."

Iulus does not flinch at Rising Echo's threats, far more experienced in the ways of intimidation and subtle tortures than the Eclipse Caste. "Where did they get them from? You speak of the Yozis, who created all that is! The earth you stand on, the air you breath, your very flesh and soul–all these were wrought out of chaos by the Yozis at the dawn of Creation. What makes you think they could not create their own host of Exalted? I don't know the motic physics of the process–I'm a manipulative bastard, not a doctor–but really, is it that surprising?"

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Some faint, immaterial portion of Echo's soul screams at this, and knowledge roars through him of a treachery most severe. The knowledge forces speech. "I bought the Dragon once before, Fiend. you who are no more than a First Circle child in comparison have no room to talk about creating. The Yozi no longer create, that was taken from them. Else why would they require Akuma such as Gorol? speak the truth as you swore, else you break your Oath."
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

"Woah, woah, woah, be cool. Like I said, I'm not the Prince to talk to about motic physics–you'd want a Defiler for that. All I can tell you is what happened to me–a demon came to me, offered Exaltation, I accepted. The demon sort of...exploded all over me, melted into ooze and wrapped around me. It wrapped me up in a chrysalis, and when I came out, I was Exalted...and I had the demon's voice stuck in my head. If you want to know exactly how the Ebon Dragon did it, ask him, not me."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr stared hard at the Fiend, like a hungry tiger that - for now- was still behind the bars of his cage. But he was patient. "Mmmm. I'm still not sure how we should guard him. He's a sly devil, and If he tries something, in defiance of his oath, I doubt any mortal guards could resist his tricks."

24. - Top - End - #594

Watcher

"As I said before, Captain Transval maight know a way to keep him bound. O-mochi too, perhaps."

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr nodded in acknowledgment, dispatching another messenger to get the Captain in here - after looking to the others, and in particular his mate, to make sure they found it acceptable.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

"While we wait," Echo said, "I'll ask you another question. You said you're a Fiend. You said I'd need to speak with a Defiler about how you Infernal came to be. Those sound like castes. Are there any other castes? If so, what are they, and how are they defined among you?"

Don't be stupid.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, you got it. Fiends like me serve the Ebon Dragon. Smooth talkers, not too much use in a fight. Defilers are chosen by She Who Lives...screw it, chosen by a very-long named Yozi. They're scientific types, very good at growing relics and working with all the old First Age stuff. Then there're Slayers, Scourges, and Malefactors. Vega was a Slayer, and they're pretty much all like him–'I'll crush you' types who serve Malfeas. Scourges are Adorjan's, and they're...kinda messed up in the head. Move very fast and kill everyone, that's how they work. And then we got Malefactors, the priests of Ceceleyne. They pull the whole messianic bit, leading mortals to the worship of the Yozis. So there you have it, our happy family."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Echo shakes his head. "How many? How many of you Infernal? And what are the castes of those who you mentioned earlier? This Grinning Mishka, and Doctor Brass, the others?"

Inside, he thinks rapidly. Five castes. And they're apparently very organized. Lotus will need to prepare very rapidly, for should any one of them succeed, we'll be in major trouble. Now more than ever, Echo wished that he'd not spilled all of the rice wine out on O-Mochi's fields, even if it had given them the vision that brought them to here, now.

Don't be stupid.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Iulus makes a show of mentally counting out the ranks of Hell, though he does not delay long before answering Echo. "Machaion, Overluscious Peach, and Cyan are all Fiends, like me. Mishka is a Slayer, and one that'd put Vega to shame. And Doctor Brass–well, the Most Efficacious Doctor of Brazen Impossibilities if you wanna be all proper about it–he's a Defiler." He grins fondly, as if in some hellish reverie. "Now, they're the only Princes I know personally, all friendly-like. Don't you be thinking they're the only ones."

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Echo smiles grimly at Iulus when he falls into his reverie. "With your word given though, you're now as good as a Solar, bound to Lotus and our circle, as you are."

He lets that sink in for a moment. "Does anyone else have any questions for him, before I go onto another line of questions?"

Don't be stupid.