New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Ah don't give me that!

Everyone knows that the Big 12 is one of the finest conferences in the nation. We have the best quarterbacks, per capita, then any other conference, and I think our coaches are some of the best too.
    True, but every game for the better teams isn't hard... Like in the SEC, every team and every game is tough. Instead of 3 giants of the Big 12, the SEC and AFC both are filled with great teams... It's more competitive, In my opinion. , but I mean that's not to take away from the Big 12, because as you said they're really well coached, and fans are probably 10000x as loyal as them Floridians .

EDIT: DRIDER: Hey... J-J-J-Jaded... . Drider, how could you ever be alone with everyone here at the playground .
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-04-15 at 02:00 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    You're saying I'll end up alone and lonely? That skipping the whole 'dating' scene doesn't work? Even in the U.S., dating only came into vogue in the 1920s, you know. I'm skipping it.*

*Subject to change if the individual becomes less jaded!
    Ironic that dating would come into fashion at about the time that women were given the right to vote in the US...

@Mrmud: That may be true, I don't particularly follow too many of the other conferences. I mostly cover the Big 12 and the PAC 10.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Being Australian, and not having Pay TV, I have little to no experience with Grid Iron, though I've had a lot of fun playing the beach variety.

My mate works in TV/radio, and he started barracking for the Philadelphia Eagles when he was over in the States doing a shoot. I've been watching games with him and ever so slowly picking up the sport.

Still not sure why you guys need all that body armour though.

Apologies if you are talking about a different 'league' or whatever than the Philly Eagles are in though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Everyone loves loopy. It's true.
    My blog, if you are interested in my rambling.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ironic that dating would come into fashion at about the time that women were given the right to vote in the US... .
    I've always found in funnier that prohibition was adopted shortly after that.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

You're saying I'll end up alone and lonely? That skipping the whole 'dating' scene doesn't work? Even in the U.S., dating only came into vogue in the 1920s, you know. I'm skipping it.*

There's a difference between dating and relationships, miss! You did specify avoiding relationships, not dating.

I'm helping! Also a pedant! =D

Is there a better method of removing unwanted cats from your house than hissing at them and slowly walking after them? It has worked thus far, but may not work in the future...

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I've always found in funnier that prohibition was adopted shortly after that.
    Can we blame World War II and the Great Depression on them too?

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Can we blame World War II and the Great Depression on them too?
    Hey, if it weren't for Pandora, the would would have had no evils.

So blame them all you want.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Philly Eagles are in the NFL which is the professional league over here in the states Loop. We were talking college, but yeah eagles games are always fun to watch...

TwoBit, Yeah I tend to follow the Big 12 more than anything else (save for Navy which is... different...). AFC and SEC are exciting, but way over hyped to be fun. Like the New England Patriots !
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

9. - Top - End - #669

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    There's a difference between dating and relationships, miss! You did specify avoiding relationships, not dating.

I'm helping! Also a pedant! =D

Is there a better method of removing unwanted cats from your house than hissing at them and slowly walking after them? It has worked thus far, but may not work in the future...
    Tried using a water gun?

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc: Buy a puppy... or throw a bit of raw chicken outside .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Or tried "marking" your territory?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Tried using a water gun?
    In my room? no thanks. Also that could just chase them further into the house. See. This is my cat. This is a cat that has decided that my house is a lovely place that it would quite like to hang out in whenever possible. I don't even know how it gets in half the time. Stoopid cat!

It's also a reaaally ugly cat, if that helps at all.

None of these things are things I want! Funnily enough a house that smells like urine is not high on my wish list at the moment (that goes for both puppies and marking territory)
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-04-15 at 02:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

The look on the cat's face the first time you spray them with water is always exquisite.

You get a similar effect if you haven't sprayed them in a while.

Priceless!

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Try smearing a dog's nose with peanut butter, chocolate or something similar and watch them licking their own noses like desperate.

And yes, scared cats are priceless.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Heh heh, terrified animals. Good times, good times.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

Ironic that dating would come into fashion at about the time that women were given the right to vote in the US...
    I'm writing a paper right now about the correlation - but pet peeve: that is NOT IRONY. It's an amusing coincidence.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

I'm writing a paper right now about the correlation - but pet peeve: that is NOT IRONY. It's an amusing coincidence.
    Quite right.

Irony would be if all the world's women died after being given suffrage.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

The idea made me laugh, so it's probably irony. A horribly terrible and funny as hell irony.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

No need to discuss ironic with me, dearest DeeRee. I spent a long time studying it.

I was using it in a more modern colloquial sense. While it may not be technically correct, is in wide-enough usage to be correct on a different level.

(I'm so proud of you for catching Daddy's mistake!)

20. - Top - End - #680
    Banned

The look on the cat's face the first time you spray them with water is always exquisite.

You get a similar effect if you haven't sprayed them in a while.

Priceless!
    What? The "I'm inexplicably wet. Now what was I doing? Oh yeah, something FUN!" look? It's not as funny as the "OMG why is the sky wet, this green stuff under my paws feels funny, lemme back iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!" look.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

No need to discuss ironic with me, dearest DeeRee. I spent a long time studying it.

I was using it in a more modern colloquial sense. While it may not be technically correct, is in wide-enough usage to be correct on a different level.

(I'm so proud of you for catching Daddy's mistake!)

I LIKE its old meaning. What will we do when it's shifted completely away from that? We need a word to replace it!

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

And I like the old meanings of fag and gay, but they don't use them anymore.

But don't worry, by the time it gets widely accepted, we'll all be long dead.
    I use black for sarcasm.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

You know, I'm the first one to open up a fresh can o' Language Is An Idiomatic And Evolving Entity, You Tweed-Wearing Pipe-Suckers, but I have to say that misuse of the word "irony" does tend to jangle me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

I LIKE its old meaning. What will we do when it's shifted completely away from that? We need a word to replace it!
    Dopomy.

"That twist at the end of the play was so Dopomatic!"

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a friend that hates ehen people use the word "bizarro" in spanish to say that something is strange or wierd because the original meaning of the word was brave or courageous, buy that was about 200 years ago, seriously, I wonder if there's people out there complaining about how nobody speaks latin anymore.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

If I recall correctly, the original definition of "silly" was "holy".

It's since had about 3,531 different definitions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #687
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

It's great that they are introducing great string music to those that like rap, but the rap in that song ruins it.

This on the other hand is a great rap song, and thats saying a lot as I don't like (c)rap.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Only rap song I've ever really enjoyed was this one, at the end of Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

I have a certain aversion to the genre, and not just because it tends towards unsavory content. I guess it's just not my bag.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #689

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It's great that they are introducing great string music to those that like rap, but the rap in that song ruins it.

This on the other hand is a great rap song, and thats saying a lot as I don't like (c)rap.
    Is there anyone, anywhere who dislikes that song? I've seen lots of people say that it's a great rap song. That includes me. I've never heard one person dislike it. (now of, course, someone will). I like rap more than most people around me, but a lot of it is just so overdone.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #690
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pfffffft. Nonsense. I don't do the whole dating thing either, but am neither jaded nor single.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt