New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Powers That Be

Dreadrime

The banks of the Escharys and the Cicatrix overflowed, merging together across the great empty plain of the Dreadrime. As the waters receded, most of it began to slowly shift into a whirlpool at the center of the demiplane. The liquid boiled up skyward and froze over into a fierce shape.

It crackled into countless shards of ice suspended in the air. Wisps of shadow danced between lethal points. The god shuddered like a wet dog and pelted the landscape with icy lances from his hide. "Time to get to work." Methrosii reached into his chest and grabbed hold of something. With two hands he ripped out a swirling mass and cast it aside onto the ground. As it landed the chunk of himself shrieked and broke apart into many insect-like pieces that scurried away across the plane. Upon entering the waters of either river they reached maturity and grew into lanky, horned beasts with terrible grins and frozen eyes.

(Major Act: Tear out his own soul; develop a personal ability to evade detection)

(Major Act: Creating Splinterkin; Methrosii's primary minions that operate the rivers and perform devious tasks)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah
    Bored. Need something to do... Aha! I'll meddle. I find I have a taste for it. Jogging over to a nearby river Josiah grabs a fish and looks it in the eye.
    Boogedy boo! With a brief display of silliness he infects it with viral hemorrhagic septicemia.
    Now spread this around and be sure to tell all your friends how you got it. He tosses the fish back into the river.
    Major Act to Infect the Fish/Keep it alive long enough to spread the wealth.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Torin

Torin was doing what he did most days. Teaching the new residents how to use the techno-magic devices, how to build them, how to repair them, and perhaps most importantly: How they actually worked. Even for an immortal, this was getting just a tad bit tiresome. That was why when he received the message, he jumped at the chance to see what was up....somewhere else. Traveling to where the message originated, he looked around.

Yes, may I help you?
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

YNH

"Welcome, I'm glad you answered my message", said YNH.

"I've been meaning to meet with the god who restored the Atlantean's pyramids ever since I became aware they had been repaired. As you can see I have made some modifications to the design of this one. First of all I have a warning to give you. Your stone mages may have noticed recently that a web has been tied to the pyramids that lets them detect divine magic. That was my web and recently I upgraded it significantly. If a mortal tries to access it now the increased amount of information would blow their mind. So you should probably tell them not to. It will hurt a god too although it won't instantly kill you if you want to access it out of curiosity."

"Now as to my request, I wish to have permission to recruit a few followers from among your people. I do not wish for many only a few scholars and wizards. People who have dedicated there entire lives to understanding how things work. I can understand if you do not wish to grant me access. However Atlanteans are a prosperous and adanced race, so I figured that finding followers who fit my criteria would be easier than in some village of farmers in the middle of nowhere. So I decided it was worth a shot asking you for permission."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Torin

Yeah, I couldn't stand to see these pyramids in ruins like that. I spent too much time building them in the first place.

So, you wish to recruit among my people? You are welcome to try, but we don't have much use for Gods. Messy, annoying things, mostly. You'll probably get some, especially the newer members.

*pause*

Thanks for the warning about the network. If you don't mind, I'm going to seal off that change from the Island, for now anyways. Until we get everything up and working again, I'm leary of letting in any real changes.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Alvixa

Alvixa smiled at Aerthir, before kissing him lightly on the cheek. It says something about the goddess that just a quick brush of her lips was superior to any mortal pleasure.

"Thank you, sir knight. Truly, you know the meaning of chivalry."

With a gesture, she created a map of her followers' land, handing it to Aerthir. "This might be of use to your knights... and to you, for I spend much of my time there. Might I invite you to a feast in Tor Gallen, one of the greatest ports in the east? It is truly one of the finest places in the world, and I would love to teach you how to speak to a woman!"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Alvixa

Alvixa smiled at Aerthir, before kissing him lightly on the cheek. It says something about the goddess that just a quick brush of her lips was superior to any mortal pleasure.

"Thank you, sir knight. Truly, you know the meaning of chivalry."

With a gesture, she created a map of her followers' land, handing it to Aerthir. "This might be of use to your knights... and to you, for I spend much of my time there. Might I invite you to a feast in Tor Gallen, one of the greatest ports in the east? It is truly one of the finest places in the world, and I would love to teach you how to speak to a woman!"
    Aerthir blushes deep red as he is kissed, and he nods vigorously, finding it hard to find the right words.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Finally he speaks.

"I'd love to come! I can't work all the time now, can I?"
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."