New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691

Default Re: This is what I do on my English class(Enter at your own risk)

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackbird View Post
    I was going to keep the thread alive by making a new OOTS R&J, but I totally forgot who Montague and Lady Montague were going to be.
    Weren't they in the first act?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Weren't they in the first act?
    I haven't finished the first act.

EDIT: It's really not that much of a problem but no character is supposed to have two rolls (Except Belkar) and I have to make sure who I pick isn't someone I need for someone else.
    Last edited by The Blackbird; 2009-12-22 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    Stick swordsman of the Kyrie fanclub!
    My bro's homebrew class.

How to: Glibness

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #693
    Banned

You know what I dont get? Why people like therkla and the dark one. I meen
    Dark one: Ill prove that my people are good a nd peacfull (after thousand years of bloodshed), by starting a war! And hoping my hiers wont take advantage of this and simply take over the nieboring contries.

Therkla: I dont care what hapens to any of my victims (even if they happen to be pregnant) in fact, I bet that if one bard for one reason or other hadnt been on a sertian ship I would probably slit all his friends throughts if necacary (if my contractor , who i LIKE for some reason, would say so)

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oooohaloophole View Post
    You know what I dont get? Why people like therkla and the dark one. I meen
    As much as I hate to argue against alternate character interpretations...
    The Dark One: (SoD stuff)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He did not "start a war". The humanoid monster races were forced by the gods to eke out a living as bandits, as possessed no natural resources. Tired of this, the Dark One united the humanoid tribes into a great army. But he didn't attack anyone. Instead, he sought to use this position of power to bargain with the humans, elves and dwarves for a fair distribution of land and resources. They assassinated him while he made his case to them, never having intended to let him finish.
    With the Dark One dead, his followers were outraged, and attacked the human nation. This war lasted a single year before the elves and dwarves pushed them back to the edges of civilisation. The bloodshed in the Dark One's name, but not with his blessing, raised him as a new god.
    He has learnt that other races will never see him as an equal on his own, so he seeks to control the Snarl to blackmail the other gods into giving the humanoid monster races a fair deal, in true "end justifies the means" manner.

Therkla:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She only had one real "victim" (that is, "person who she was ordered to and intended to kill"), and that was Hinjo, who I think we can agree did not happen to be pregnant. Kubota's plan was "kill Hinjo, get elected as new Lord". Taking down the Order was a secondary concern, and the Kato's a tertiary one, we have no guarantee that he'd have had them killed if Hinjo had fallen easily, particularly if Hinjo had died before the Kato's were granted their title.
    Finally, Kubota had been Therkla's mentor for years, ever since she graduated from ninja school. That probably qualifies as "some reason" to like him.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    As much as I hate to argue against alternate character interpretations...
    The Dark One: (SoD stuff)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He did not "start a war". The humanoid monster races were forced by the gods to eke out a living as bandits, as possessed no natural resources. Tired of this, the Dark One united the humanoid tribes into a great army. But he didn't attack anyone. Instead, he sought to use this position of power to bargain with the humans, elves and dwarves for a fair distribution of land and resources. They assassinated him while he made his case to them, never having intended to let him finish.
    With the Dark One dead, his followers were outraged, and attacked the human nation. This war lasted a single year before the elves and dwarves pushed them back to the edges of civilisation. The bloodshed in the Dark One's name, but not with his blessing, raised him as a new god.
    He has learnt that other races will never see him as an equal on his own, so he seeks to control the Snarl to blackmail the other gods into giving the humanoid monster races a fair deal, in true "end justifies the means" manner.

Therkla:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She only had one real "victim" (that is, "person who she was ordered to and intended to kill"), and that was Hinjo, who I think we can agree did not happen to be pregnant. Kubota's plan was "kill Hinjo, get elected as new Lord". Taking down the Order was a secondary concern, and the Kato's a tertiary one, we have no guarantee that he'd have had them killed if Hinjo had fallen easily, particularly if Hinjo had died before the Kato's were granted their title.
    Finally, Kubota had been Therkla's mentor for years, ever since she graduated from ninja school. That probably qualifies as "some reason" to like him.
    I attemp to counter and dispell with this

Do you honestly expect the Humans to say Yes tosomebody with a big fancy army? Especialy since they may turn on you the next round of combat. They should be changing themselfs not forcing thier choises on others.

Still this is a prime example of an evil person doing good. Plus her employer is a backstabber and she knows this. She even makes up crazy fantesies that she is doing good (Hinjoker? Oh you meen that person whos busting his ass trying to save the country, what a douche).

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oooohaloophole View Post
    I attemp to counter and dispell with this

Do you honestly expect the Humans to say Yes tosomebody with a big fancy army? Especialy since they may turn on you the next round of combat. They should be changing themselfs not forcing thier choises on others.

Still this is a prime example of an evil person doing good. Plus her employer is a backstabber and she knows this. She even makes up crazy fantesies that she is doing good (Hinjoker? Oh you meen that person whos busting his ass trying to save the country, what a douche).
    Okay! Enough!

This thread is not a discussion about SoD happenings!

This is an art thread we happen to use as a posting area. So please kindly move to the order of the stick part of the forum and leave this thread alone. (Nothing against you Keris, if you read this.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #697

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    This thread is not a discussion about SoD happenings!
    Especially since not everyone has read it.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I'm pretty well aware that I have left this poor thread really unattended... though I am amazed that it has lasted as long as it has, it's no reason to leave it like that.

So, I think some of you remember me mentioning a webcomic for which I was going to post some information here? Well, that is going to happen Next monday, when I get back to my regular computer. I am also going to draw more comics. Mostly, I think I'll get back to doing some more of the "Misspelled" style ones. I am also going to finish the Book of Horrors. I have some more projects for later, but I'll talk about those in time.
    An eye for an eye will make us all blind - Mahatma Ghandi.
    Technically, Fire is a chemical process, wherein Oxygen, a fuel, and heat trigger a quick, heat-releasing oxidative reaction that produces carbon dioxide and water vapor. This process is called Combustion. They're not called Combustionals, you know?
    Also Water is a molecule, Air is a bunch of different molecules, and don't let me get started on Earth.
    (Sorry, I'm a Chemist, can't resist.)

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NamonakiRei View Post
    Well, I'm pretty well aware that I have left this poor thread really unattended... though I am amazed that it has lasted as long as it has, it's no reason to leave it like that.

So, I think some of you remember me mentioning a webcomic for which I was going to post some information here? Well, that is going to happen Next monday, when I get back to my regular computer. I am also going to draw more comics. Mostly, I think I'll get back to doing some more of the "Misspelled" style ones. I am also going to finish the Book of Horrors. I have some more projects for later, but I'll talk about those in time.
    That sounds amazing, I can't wait. I'm so glad your back.

I suspect Silverraptor's banner to be back soon in his sig soon.

While I'm here I should probably make an official statement that I won't be continuing OOTS R&J though I'm pretty sure most of you guys guessed that.
    Sorry.
    What I am doing though is a project my brother and I were going to do in the summer but never got around to it. The players of Brick by Brick are probably aware that my brother and I often make refernces to what is called "The First Obsidian War". During the summer we planned to try to make a novelization of the story because we thought the campaign worthy enough to be a full length tale. I finally decided to attempt it recently.

I will probably post some of it later. (For those who noticed, I actually had it up earlier but I decided to remove it because the part wasn't quite finished.)
    Last edited by The Blackbird; 2010-02-11 at 07:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Cool! Now we'll both have a webcomic! I can't wait!

And ya, I'll put it back into my sig, Blackbird.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

What do I do in my English class? I use the computers were supposed to be working on to log on to Giantitp.

EDIT: Also, NamonakiRei sent me genderbent Redcloak, with an appropriate expression. I think I have the dimensions a little off though, I'll have to fix it later.
    Last edited by The Blackbird; 2010-02-17 at 10:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

What do I do in my English class? I use the computers were supposed to be working on to log on to Giantitp.

EDIT: Also, NamonakiRei sent me genderbent Redcloak, with an appropriate expression. I think I have the dimensions a little off though, I'll have to fix it later.
    It looks awesome!

...And I've been reminded that I haven't put that picture back in my signature yet. I feel so ashamed.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

First of all, I gotta say I absolutely lov your art, NamonakiRei It's really well done. I especially love the epic destinies, both the comic and the banners.

Second, I haven't read the whole thread, so please dn't hurt me if you've already answered this once. Are ever planning on finishing the gender-reversed-comics? I just read your latest post. Ignore me, I'm an idiot
    Last edited by Cizak; 2010-02-18 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    First of all, I gotta say I absolutely lov your art, NamonakiRei It's really well done. I especially love the epic destinies, both the comic and the banners.

Second, I haven't read the whole thread, so please dn't hurt me if you've already answered this once. Are ever planning on finishing the gender-reversed-comics? I just read your latest post. Ignore me, I'm an idiot
    Did... how did you stumble in on this thread? Just asking.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, what do you mean? I found it in the Arts and Crafts forum
    Last edited by Cizak; 2010-02-19 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    Um, what do you mean? I found it in the Arts and Crafts forum
    Well, I was wondering whether you just looked through the Arts and Crafts forum or just clicked on the link in my signature...

Nevermind, it wasn't important.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

Well here's some filler until NamonakiRei posts again, I finished the Prelude to that story.

Well actually, I've had it finished for like, two weeks, but I didn't want to post it until I had all the grammer errors and such worked out.

Yet, I'm still pretty sure I have some in there.
    I wasn't planning on coloring the text but I can't seem to indent with the tab key to point out speech so I decided to color it instead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prelude

Lenny Bladestrider parried both thinblades with his own, then again, then a third time, each time allowing them just a bit closer.
    “I’ve got you this time!” His eager opponent spouted, and Lenny just put a grimace on his face, though in his head, he was smiling.

The attacker, Rudevor Arch, Lenny’s closest friend, continued his assault with a look of confidence on his face. Both of them were no longer students of swordplay, both no longer used the wooden practice blades, but real elven thinblades enchanted by the magic of elven wizards. Despite this, both were skilled enough with their weapons to not harm the other while they sparred. Of the two, Lenny was the better. It had been this way since they began their sparring battles. Now though, Rudevor had the advantage, or rather, he thought he did. Lenny smiled, permitting the blades to advance, dangerously close to his chain shirt.

Finally, when next Lenny blocked the incoming swords, each of his weapons clashed against Rudevor‘s and drove both of his weapons to the side. Before Rudevor could draw his weapons back to a defensive position, Lenny had a blade aimed at his chest. It was over and Lenny had won the spare, again. Rudevor dropped his arms to his side, looking disappointed; Lenny changed his bluffed frown to a teasing smile. At this, Rudevor shook his head and sheathed his weapons.
    “That was a bit cruel, giving me false hope.”Lenny shrugged, but then clasped his friend on the shoulder, “My apologies, good friend.”He outstretched a hand.
    “Good game?”
    Rudevor took it and shook.
    “Right.”
    Both of the elven warriors sat on the floor, sheathing their thinblades as they did so. Lenny is tall and muscular, standing at exactly six feet. He is bulky for an elf, but still very quick. His eyes are of a light blue and he had light brown hair that went just below his pointed elven ears. Rudevor is very similar, though a couple inches shorter and with darker, longer hair. Both have the fair faces that are almost inherent in elves.
    Rudevor sighed,
    “I guess I’ll never defeat the great Lenny Bladestrider.”Lenny looked at him, noticing that he smiled as he said it, Lenny smiled too.
    “I’m sure you’ll get me one of these days.”
    Rudevor chuckled,
    “The Lord’s kid? No way.”
    Lenny only nodded; his father was the elected Lord of their elven village, a skilled warrior among the group of elves known as Bladesingers, fighters who mix the skill with a blade with the magic of song to enhance their prowess.
    Lenny frowned at his friend.
    “What does that have to do with anything? I didn’t get any special training for being his son, I taught myself to fight.
    In fact, I think I’ve told you that before.”

“Oh” Rudevor muttered, embarrassed.
    “Yeah I remember you saying that now.”Lenny laughed and stood up,
    “Shall we be at it again?” He drew his weapons.
    Rudevor rose as well, but refused the offer,
    “I think I’ll keep my shredded pride.”Lenny shrugged,
    “I guess I’ll return home then, see you-”He stopped though, for Rudevor had held up a hand to silence him.
    “Did you hear that?”Lenny didn’t answer, but listened intently, his keen elven ears picking up the sound Rudevor was referring too. They were footsteps, though clearly footsteps that were attempting to be silent. Lenny suspected that without his advanced hearing he would not have picked up the sound. The disturbances source seemed to be the hallway leading out of the sparring ring. Focusing his eyes to the hallway, he saw a figure crouching in the shadows, moving slowly from around the corner, a bow in his hands and an arrow knocked. Surprised, Lenny forgot to yell out a warning, but the danger was apparent enough when the arrow fired.

To make up for not alerting his friend, Lenny pushed Rudevor out of the way and attempted to dodge the arrow. He didn’t move quite fast enough and the arrow skimmed a cut along his shoulder. Lenny winced at the pain, but regained discipline; he had to stay focused to try to sort out the reason for the sudden attack and how to defeat it. Then Lenny heard the twang of another bowstring, this time from behind, coming from the corridor opposite them. He didn’t see what happened, but from the loud “ping!” he heard suspected that Rudevor had blocked the shot with one of his weapons.

Lenny and Rudevor took cover behind a weapons rack as more shots flew by, every one of them dodged by Lenny, or deflected by Rudevor. Noticing their ineffective attacks, the marauders reconsidered their tactics. Both moved closer, quickly putting away their bows and pulling out pairs of scimitars as they advanced upon the two elves. Lenny and Rudevor moved, back to back, their weapons drawn ready for the upcoming fight. Lenny’s mind worked in a race. Was this some kind of raid of their elven home? If so, then why didn’t he hear a fight outside? Perhaps they came specifically for him, but in that case why him? Did it have something to do with being the Lord’s son? Were they trying to antagonize or intimidate him?

Lenny’s thoughts were interrupted by Rudevor shouting
    “Declare yourselves!” to the attackers, but they gave no reply and both moved in, swinging their scimitars at Lenny and Rudevor. The blades rang as scimitars met with thinblades and the deadly strikes of the attackers were parried by the finesse of the two elven friends. Both elves knew if the other fell, the ensuing flank on the other would cause a similar defeat.

Lenny’s attacker, in black studded leather, pressed his attack viciously. It became clear soon that Lenny had never in his life fought an opponent so skilled.
    But I’m still the better, Lenny thought with a smirk. The attacker swung a scimitar low, aimed at a leg, but Lenny parried it with his left weapon, the other scimitar was aimed high to strike at Lenny’s throat, but it too was batted away with Lenny’s other weapon. Lenny attempted the same trick he used on Rudevor and tried to use his strength to fling his enemy’s weapons wide, but he found his opponent just as strong as he was. Not even the magic of Lenny’s weapon gave him an edge, for his foe’s weapons were also magical.

His opponent came on hard and fast with his scimitars, forcing Lenny back, but he came on too aggressive, Lenny’s blades deflected the heavy blows again and again. Then, Lenny slammed his knee into the attacker’s groin. He gave a shout of pain and jumped back, in the brief moment of vulnerability; Lenny poked both weapons through the man’s armor and pierced flesh. If the man hadn’t leapt back, the wounds from the attack would have been lethal.
    Lenny listened to how the battle behind him faired. He heard Rudevor grunt several times and his opponent snickering, it seems he was not doing well. While his enemy still backed away Lenny whispered, knowing that only keen elf senses would pick up the message.
    “When my enemy drops, duck.”
    Rudevor was too busy to show his agreement; Lenny just had to assume he had heard him. Lenny’s opponent then came back in a charge, a foolish mistake.
    Too easy, Lenny thought. The berserk charge had left him too exposed. With a lightning fast strike from Lenny, the enemy dropped both weapons and fell to the floor, clutching at his throat, which Lenny’s blade had just ripped a hole in. Right on cue, Rudevor suddenly dropped, holding both weapons above him to defend himself from the opponent’s next attack.
    But it never came.
    The opponent, briefly confused by his ally’s sudden demise and his enemy’s quick movement, wasn’t prepared for when Lenny Bladestrider wheeled about, and plunged both weapons into the unsuspecting man’s chest. He fell over, bleeding from two deadly wounds. Lenny slit his throat.

The friends looked at each other, first relieved that the fight was over, but then tense, realizing that the danger may not have passed.
    “What was that all about?!” Rudevor gasped.
    “You really suspect me to know?”
    Rudevor just shrugged.
    “We should take a look outside; we need to know if anyone else is hurt.” Lenny suggested, and Rudevor nodded in agreement.

The two friends moved down the hallway the first attacker came through, they cautiously turned the corner, but upon not seeing anyone, they picked up pace. They moved along heading for the nearest window, then they heard a woman scream outside. Their fears now confirmed they both looked out the nearest window.

Looking from the window of the building they were in, which was set in the trees, they saw roughly a dozen enemies below them, all in the same clothing the previous attackers had worn. They had started firing bows at the town’s residence. They were slaughtering elven men, woman and children alike.

Lenny gazed around looking for resistance from the guardsmen, but there were none to be found. Why were they not there?
    The answer though, was obvious; they must have been ambushed and killed. Lenny turned away from the massacre looking at Rudevor who seemed terrified.
    “Wha-What do we do?”Lenny thought a moment, trying to get the image of a young elf he knew being hit by an arrow out of his head.
    “We need to go to my father, immediately, he and the honor guard may be able to hold off the attack.”
    Lenny knew this was wishful thinking, assuming that all the other guardsmen had been killed at best his father and his honor guard would be able to fight long enough to get some of the populace evacuated. Assuming of course that the attackers hadn’t killed them, though he doubted they could sneak up on the trained honor guard nor on his skilled father. At the mention of family though, Rudevor remembered his own.
    “I’ve got to get to my house and get my family out of here.”Lenny nodded,
    “Right, you go to your house and I’ll get my father.”Rudevor frowned at this suggestion.
    “It’s probably not wise for us to split up.”
    “We don’t have time Rudevor.” Was Lenny’s response, as he started to move further down the hallway and out the open doorway. Rudevor moved out next to him and then they set in opposite directions. Rudevor moved down a ladder from the tree to the ground where the attackers were butchering the civilians and Lenny jumped short distances from platform to platform between the tree houses. Both looked at the other briefly and wished they would see the other again.

The Lord’s house was a short distance from the building Rudevor and Lenny sparred in. Lenny moved as fast as he could, leaping across the small gaps between the buildings set in trees. A couple of arrows followed him as he went, he dodged most while in his frantic run and a couple thumped into his chain shirt, but never scratched skin.

He reached his father’s house and stepped inside, an arrow flew through the door as he closed it and skimmed his side. Ignoring the pain, he quickly moved to his father’s room. To his horror, the bodies of the Lord’s honor guard were strewn across the floor. He ran even faster, he could not accept the possibility that his father may have fallen too, the great blade singer would not, could not be defeated.
    And yet…It was a reality.
    Both his mother and father were on the ground, multiple deep slashes all along their bodies. Lenny just stopped, his family, as he was an only child, was gone, dead. He knelt over the bodies, both his parent’s throats slit, deep stabs into their hearts, there was no chance they could still be alive. His mother’s eyes were still wide open, he gently pulled her eyelids down, not able to stand the blank lifeless stare she was giving. His father already had his eyes shut and a firm look of resolve on his face, a look he always had while fighting and now apparently would have, in death. Lenny stood there for a moment the horror nearly overwhelming him, but the terror quickly was replaced by a burning anger. He remembered that his father also specialized with the elven thinblade and he drew his father’s weapon from its sheath. It would have more enchantments than his own anyway. He switched the weapon in his right hand to his father’s, and then rushed from the room, eager for the blood of those who had slain his fellow elven warriors, slain the innocent civilians and friends, and who had slain his beloved parents.

Lenny didn’t climb down the tree house ladder, he practically slid down it. He hit the ground a little too hard, but did not let it slow him down. Nearly all the elves had been killed by now and several of the attackers must have gone elsewhere, looking for those fleeing or moving into buildings to search for those hiding for few were still in the open. Lenny charged the nearest opponent, who was armed with a longsword. He shouted out,
    “Hey I got an armed one here! I may need some support.”That was an understatement, Lenny thought as he practically collided with the man, nearly impaling himself on his enemy’s weapon. While in his frenzied charge he managed to avoid that, the longsword had still made a deep cut in his side near where the last arrow nicked him.

Lenny came on furiously at his foe, stabbing constantly and nearly forgetting about his usual finesse tactics, allowing the longsword slashes that were only barely turned into grazing scrapes by Lenny‘s agility. Within a few minutes, Lenny was covered in the poor man’s blood who lay at the ground below him, deep injuries all across his corpse. The image only reminded Lenny of his dead parents and he rushed at the next foe who had come to help. Lenny had expected him to be at least a little intimidated by what happened to his ally, but this new enemy had a look of calmed arrogance as Lenny rushed him. His look only furthered Lenny’s rage. Once again coming on hard he lashed out with both weapons, the new man took a step back turning the lethal jabs into minor pinpricks. This foe, armed with a pair of small swords struck back, forcing Lenny to back up and also take some cuts.

Lenny took a defensive stance, recognizing this foe to be far more skilled and while his anger still burning Lenny knew that to attack this enemy so ferociously would be a death wish. The enemy moved his weapons with precision and strength, keeping Lenny on his heels and forcing him back. Lenny tried to take the offensive, but his foe deftly deflected all the attacks. Blade struck against blade, both opponent’s reflexes catching the other’s weapon each time it was about to land a hit. Dodging movements went left and right giving the appearance of some complex dance. Yet, the enemy still scored more hits. Despite being only smaller cuts, the pain was beginning to stack. Lenny continued to fight, desperately trying to keep the man’s strikes from vitally wounding him. Even with endurance beyond most of his frail elf kin, Lenny didn’t think he could fight much longer.

The enemy attempted to kick Lenny, but Lenny’s thinblade intercepted the attack causing a thick gash in the man’s leg, he backed up, finally giving Lenny the advantage he wanted. He advanced, lashing out with a killing blow, but his foe reacted quicker than anticipated, still managing to block all of the attacks, and causing yet more wounds to Lenny. He seemed to know every maneuver that Lenny attempted, Lenny wondered if those foe could read minds. He didn’t have that much time to think on the subject though, an arrow whizzed by his head, another attacker had joined the fray, an archer, set in one of the trees above. The archer knocked another arrow, and Lenny realized that there was no chance that he could survive the encounter nor defeat either two opponents and that his father would have wanted him to flee against such impossible odds.

Lenny leapt back, taking another gash in his chest from a lunging strike. He bounded back and went into a run, putting the short sword wielding opponent behind him. But the archer continued to fire.

Arrow after arrow pursued the elven warrior, most getting caught in his chain shirt, but still a few digging in and piercing his skin. Lenny was injured bad and he knew it, the wounds that he had suffered would need more than basic first aid, he would need healing magic from clerics. Though he was certain at this point that any healers would have been the first victims in the attack.

He moved out of the town, into the thicker areas of the woods, taking cover from the arrows in the trees. He continued to run, gaining as much distance as he could from his homeland. At a sound, a growl, he turned back briefly.

Two large hunting dogs were on his tail, moving far faster than he was. Lenny stopped and turned to face them, convinced that any attempt to run would be pointless. He readied both thinblades in front of him. One of the dogs sped off to the right, much to Lenny’s confusion, the other barreled right at him. It made a great leap, launching its massive body at the elf, it had made itself far too vulnerable. Lenny simply thrusted both weapons outward at the dog, it impaled itself on the blades and killing it.

Lenny tugged his weapons free of the dogs body, and listened intently on his surroundings. He heard what he could only assume to be the other dog, coming closer to him. Thinking quickly, Lenny scurried up the nearest tree, then with a short jump, moved to the tree next to it and waited.

The dog charged into the area, and whimpered at the sight of its impaled companion. But then began sniffing about, in search of the elusive elf. Lenny hid in his tree and quietly pulled out his bow, knocking an arrow. The dog moved up to the first tree Lenny had moved up and began to bark loudly, but then came to a sudden stop as Lenny’s arrow split the dog between its eyes.

Suddenly, two arrows soared from the bushes nearby, both hit one of Lenny’s legs. He lost balance and fell from his perch, making a painful sounding crack when he slammed onto the ground. An archer strode out of the bushes and moved over to him, dressed in the same armor of the rest of the attackers. He knocked another arrow and pointed it at Lenny, simply saying,
    “Goodbye”
    Before he released it though, Lenny, in his desperation, flung his thinblade straight at the man. Miraculously, it hit, spearing the man through the heart. He staggered, causing his fired arrow to be shot off course, it flew harmlessly over Lenny’s form and hit into the tree he fell out of. The man then fell over, dead.

Lenny got up from the ground, his injured legs barely supporting his weight. He limped over to the skewered attacker and retrieved his thinblade. He looked at the man, and noticing something, he removed an armband off him, it had a symbol bearing an arrow piercing a tree.

Then Lenny took a last look in the direction of his destroyed hometown, he could see smoke rising in the distance, hoping with all his heart that Rudevor had escaped the carnage. With thoughts of vengeance in his mind, Lenny moved away in a hustle forever leaving his home behind.
    Last edited by The Blackbird; 2010-02-22 at 09:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

You know blackbird,
    There's an indent button on the post screen.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

You know blackbird,
    There's an indent button on the post screen.
    Actually, I did not know that until now, thanks.

EDIT: I'll be sure to use it in Chapter 1.
    Last edited by The Blackbird; 2010-02-23 at 05:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I did not know that until now, thanks.

EDIT: I'll be sure to use it in Chapter 1.
    You're welcome.

21. - Top - End - #711

Well, I am well aware that it's been two weeks since I said I'd post something, but I had a... small health issue. Some things I said I'd post will have to wait until my computer is working properly and internet returns(I'm writing from a netbook at an aunt's house). I am really sorry for this, really, but there was a pretty big earthquake. I don't know when my internet will return, nor whether my computer works or not, nor how much will I be around, but I hope everything goes back to normal soon.
    Technically, Fire is a chemical process, wherein Oxygen, a fuel, and heat trigger a quick, heat-releasing oxidative reaction that produces carbon dioxide and water vapor. This process is called Combustion. They're not called Combustionals, you know?
    Also Water is a molecule, Air is a bunch of different molecules, and don't let me get started on Earth.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I am well aware that it's been two weeks since I said I'd post something, but I had a... small health issue. Some things I said I'd post will have to wait until my computer is working properly and internet returns(I'm writing from a netbook at an aunt's house). I am really sorry for this, really, but there was a pretty big earthquake. I don't know when my internet will return, nor whether my computer works or not, nor how much will I be around, but I hope everything goes back to normal soon.
    Not a problem at all. Instead, why don't you catch up on Idiosyncrasy?

23. - Top - End - #713

Already did! It's pretty good, I'm glad you've kept onwith it, it's pretty good.

Though now I have to leave...
    See you guys as soon as I can.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Already did! It's pretty good, I'm glad you've kept onwith it, it's pretty good.

Though now I have to leave...
    See you guys as soon as I can.
    See you soon!

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

I've started working on Chapter one.

Still haven't thought of a good title though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

I've started working on Chapter one.

Still haven't thought of a good title though.
    Huh? What?

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh? What?
    Well I think someone has been ignoring my posts, ouch.

Chapter 1 is unfortunatly short (especially considering all the time I've worked on it). But it's finished and in the editing stage.
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Blackbird... I made that post back in April. You gave me false hope that NamonakiRei was back on.

29. - Top - End - #719

Um, uh, hi?

Sorry I haven't been on. I've had... time issues. Severe time issues.

Spoiler
    Show

This image says "sorry for being late":

And so do I. SOOOORRY!!

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, uh, hi?

Sorry I haven't been on. I've had... time issues. Severe time issues.

Spoiler
    Show

This image says "sorry for being late":

And so do I. SOOOORRY!!
    That's awesome, I love it!
    Spoiler
    Show

Left-Eye by NamonakiRei
    My bro's homebrew class.

Spoiler