New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Church's Right Hand

Aelanis

"Overzealousness? I will NEVER let it come to that. Pelor may have granted me the power to work his will in the world, but if that will ever asks me to commit a wrong, I will defy it, and you have been wronged greatly Erdrik! What ever happened to standing up for yourself?"
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Banned

Erdrik

"I did stand up for myself. And they refused to kill me. Funny how life works huh? You ever notice how they don't seem to listen? They only hear what they want to hear. And if you didn't notice, they only hear what benefits them."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Aelanis

"Of course we refused to kill you! It is wrong to kill without a just reason, and killing you for administering justice to the one who murdered your father would be foolish. If we all practice an eye for an eye, the world would quickly go blind."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Erdrik

"And that's where the logic falls flat isn't it?
    To them, I'm a psychopathic murderer am I not? But apparently you can't kill me, because that doesn't solve anything, right?
    No, instead of sending me to the gallows or putting me behind bars, they put me to work against my will, as some show of 'mercy', all the while calling me a savage and a murderer. Surely they have to intent to 'reform' me for reintroduction to society, or they'd act differently.
    They're afraid of me you know, they know what I can do, and they can't afford to lose that being on their side. Open your eyes, you'll see a bigger picture."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendish_Dire_Moose View Post
    Erdrik

"And that's where the logic falls flat isn't it?
    To them, I'm a psychopathic murderer am I not? But apparently you can't kill me, because that doesn't solve anything, right?
    No, instead of sending me to the gallows or putting me behind bars, they put me to work against my will, as some show of 'mercy', all the while calling me a savage and a murderer. Surely they have to intent to 'reform' me for reintroduction to society, or they'd act differently.
    They're afraid of me you know, they know what I can do, and they can't afford to lose that being on their side. Open your eyes, you'll see a bigger picture."
    Aelanis

"Erdrik, you're NOT a psychopathic murderer!"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Arun

"He might be. But in this instance he was probably justified." Arun walks up to the two, stopping a few feet away from where they stand in the doorway. "I apologize. I was walking down the hall and heard you two...discussing, things. As I said last night, not all of us are as evil as you make us out to be, Erdrik. Some of us actually care about the truth. I'm sure you'll come to see that within the next year. Hopefully by then, when you break the curse, you won't feel the need to kill all of us." He smiles pleasantly at the man.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

Erdrik

"It doesn't matter whether I am or not. None of your opinions matter at all. They'll tell the good people what they want to hear to get me out of their town and into their service, won't they? Yes they will, and I'm very sure they did, otherwise I wouldn't be in this predicament.
    They'll do what they do to get what they want. You feeling like stopping them any time soon?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Arun

The young man shrugs. "Who knows where we may end up going. Or what might happen in a year's time? If you really are a good man, we'll discover it. And if such a discovery is made, I know I'll vouch for you upon our return. As I'm sure our leader here will as well."
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor