New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Family Guy Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its there, even in his b-day episode. Its way overplayed as the series goes, but like all jokes from the start thats the case. Like Meg going from the families favorite and Chris being a freak to Meg being hated for -no- reason

I'd like to hear how you're any different. You clearly love the show and I really can't see anyone convincing you otherwise.

I have not once said I love the show. Defending the people who like it does not mean I like it what so ever. Above is a good point against your....argument?

I actually dislike Family Guy. But I just could not help myself when it came to some of the arguments here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, when someone wants to deny someone their opinon because they disagree with it I feel at least someone should step in and bring some reason to the table
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-04-25 at 12:57 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Family Guy Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Harperfan7 View Post
    I think it's somewhere between one and two. In the early-mid/mid seasons, it was 1 for sure, early on and lately though, it's not so good.

I will say that, regardless of it's quality as a show, it is pure comedy gold and cannot be matched in hilarity, quality or quantity wise.
    No. First off, if nothing else, that should be "it was pure comedy gold". And there are definitely shows out there I find to definitely outmatch Family Guy in hilarity in either quantity or quality, even back when Family Guy was better (though it was quite funny). Of course, the later episodes are extremely easy to match in hilarity; write four decent jokes and you're already funnier than them.

Bottom line, the show is great if viewed as a whole.
    No, if you average out the great earlier episodes and the weak later episodes, you end up with a...well, average show. So looking at is as a whole, it's average.

It has the occasional bad episode and frequent bad skits, but overall, it's just great.
    In the earlier seasons, yeah. In the later seasons--especially the current one--a more proper phrasing would be "It has the occasional good episode or good skit, but overall, it's just bad."

It's hard to make an "overall" about Family Guy because it's such a contrast. You had great episodes, then you had okay episodes, then you had really bad episodes. So for an "overall" you either have to average it all out and declare it to be an average show, or just say "it was great, then got much worse".
    Last edited by Lord Seth; 2009-04-25 at 11:56 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default its a random cut-away to a reference to an old TV show.

I really Laugh-in. I wonder whatever happened to that show? SOCK IT TO ME!

Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2009-05-02 at 12:16 PM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.