New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default warlord question

Okay so i noticed something. http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0040.html

Parson mentions that there are kinda neutral sides, gobwins/hobgobwins (are they one race or two distinct races?) elves and marbits for starters. But im wondering, can any of those races have a warlord from their race through promotion by another group? so if stanley and parson wanted to make that one knight that survived a warlord would they be able to?

I believe that wanda in the beginning says there are only about 200 living units in their forces but from what i remember of their troop disposition those were mostly gobwins, pikers, and stabbing infantry. Would the pikers and stabbing infantry be human? and that was what wanda was talking about?

I have only seen one warlord that wasnt human (or close like TV) and that was the woodsy elves warlord. Im thinking that to be able to have a warlord stanley would have to first pop human warriors, and then promote them or just pop a warlord but either way its going to cost.

Also whats going to happen to the gobwin/hobgobwins? is their group even still viable? or is that lone hobgobwin knight the last of them? (at least in that part of the world)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: warlord question

You might want to review your number theory. You've got more than one question there. Or is this the New Math I've heard about?

Okay, on Warlords... elves, marbits, etc, are natural allies. They have their own sides, which means they must have their own Ruler: a side may not have a City, but it needs a Ruler simply for production. TO prevent autoattacking, they must have leaders as well, so yes, they need to have Warlords.

Units can be promoted to Warlord without restriction. Stanley wants to pick the best looking, which certainly impies that any unit can be promoted.

Would the pikers and stabbing infantry be human?
    Maybe, but I don't think it's necessarily true. KISS are alive, and they are hobgobwins.Given that Manpower was human, there should be human troops as well.

Also whats going to happen to the gobwin/hobgobwins? is their group even still viable? or is that lone hobgobwin knight the last of them? (at least in that part of the world)
    Well, I doubt there was only one tribe of gobwins in the world. They're natural allies, so I suspect more will just show up, perfectly happy to slave away digging gems.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

[QUOTE=Kreistor;6026186]

Okay, on Warlords... elves, marbits, etc, are natural allies. They have their own sides, which means they must have their own Ruler: a side may not have a City, but it needs a Ruler simply for production. TO prevent autoattacking, they must have leaders as well, so yes, they need to have Warlords.

Units can be promoted to Warlord without restriction. Stanley wants to pick the best looking, which certainly impies that any unit can be promoted.
    QUOTE]

my bad if i was confusing. I understand there should be warlords with each natural ally and also a ruler just for protection ect. My real question would be: can stanley promote any race to warlord? or can he only promote human troops to warlords?

On the math subject
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0084.html
    this klog gives a quick troop disposition, in infantry terms we are talking about 242 gobwins, 210 uncroaked, 135 pikers and 48 stabber class infantry.
    in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0005.html wanda says there are fewer than 200 living men in their forces. It just sounds to me like the gobwins, uncroaked, archers, and knights might not even be viable options for promotion. Is this because a warlord must be a human if the leader is human?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

and im sorry i just cant seem to get the quotation thing i just keep fudgin it up.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can Stanley promote a different race? That may be possible, but only if he can pop that race on his side. As loyal as they are, the Gobwins are natural allies, and not on Stanley's side. Now, the Hobgobwins on the other hand... they might be popped by his own city. I don't think he'd take natural allies with him to Faq.

Although conceptually possible to pay the cost to upgrade someone else's unit, I don't think that would be allowed by game rules. It would increase upkeep costs of another side, and that would be against the vested interest of that Side's Ruler.

Need (QUOTE) and (/QUOTE) around the quoted text, and replace ( with [ and ) with ]. To indicate a name, (QUOTE=name). You can also block select ext and then hit the word bubble on the toolbar of the edit window to put quotes around that text.
    Last edited by Kreistor; 2009-04-23 at 12:24 AM.